Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. (58055 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife / Infidelity{how Come Women Forgive Easily,& Men Hardly Forgive?} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by egobetatoday: 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
timawoku:
dunno? The society sucks!!!

The society really sucks. The funny and annoying thing is that WE are still the society... every one of us on nairaland is a part of the society. To discover that most comment support the fact that it is okay for the man to cheat still baffles me. I can't just imagine training up my 2 boys to think that a particular thing is wrong when a lady does it but right when a man does same. Rubbish! If i do that then i must make sure to be at heaven's gate to usher them in despite their evil. If I may ask , does God see it the same way?

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by evolg(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2014
Tallesty1:
You Too?

*MODIFIED*

There is nothing person will not see on this nairaland.

I just highlighted the few reason men find it difficult to forgive a cheating partner and someone is preaching equal rights already.

Equal rights in cheating?

Jesus Christ In Heaven.

Where does equal right feature in this?

Did I say "Reason women must forgive a cheating partner"?

Will your equal right change the heart of women?

If yes then the equal right is satanic.

It is not a must that your forgive him. If you can't then leave, nobody is gonna blame you.

We want equal right yet we collect heaven and earth from men that want to marry us....

We want equal right yet it is men that propose to and engage us.

We want equal right yet it is a must that a man provide for his family.

We want equal rights yet dating a broke is a no no even when we are broker than broke.

Is it only in infidelity that you want equal rights?

Why is it that women are declared brave when they hit men but men are brutal cowards when they do the same?

Why is it a mistake when a woman gets into the men's restroom but a man is perverted in the reverse?

Why are courts lenient with female criminals but males must be put down soon?

Why is it that when a woman is doing work a man is required to help her and not the same when the reverse is occurring?

No one is encouraging infidelity and that a man cannot forgive does not mean that a woman must forgive. Nobody is saying that.

So aside with this equal right thingy.

It is getting boring already.

I feel u bro 8-)
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
centjamie:

The man is the head of the family.Nature made it so not the society.

How did nature prove/indicate that the man is the head of the family? You still didn't answer the question.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by nunicelady(f): 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
I don't believe any right thinking person believes cheating it right for men and wrong for women.

Cheating is wrong. Very wrong. But the truth is that women have the largest hearts and forgive the men they love.

I am a very emotional being. I know a lot of women who would almost cry their hearts dry with everything they go through with their men and while they are crying, their love for such men remains as strong as one can only imagine.

I believe sooo much in love, in fact I believe I am a love buff. But I don't know if I can handle such. I would rather remain a single mom than enter a relationship that would make my heart bleed.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by egobetatoday: 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
eighTHREAD:
Any thread in. Which you see cococandy, bananabender and carefreewannabe, just know the issue in discuss really hurt their feminist ego grin . They are mad at the privilege a man has in this fuckinb world grin

Lol. I hope they will have these privileges in the world after. Wats d use having it in this world and be judged by it in the next world.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by KAYD007(m): 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
egobetatoday:

Lol. I hope they will have these privileges in the world after. Wats d use having it in this world and be judged by it in the next world.

They can still have the privileges if they will just grow a d.i..ck...

These our women self don't know the enormous responsibility it takes to carry a d.i..ck..i mean, we men are like Jesus who carries the enormous weight of the whole world on his shoulder,yet they won't allow us to enjoy just the few privileges attached to carrying one...eh grin
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by tmosco(m): 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
BananaBender:

How did nature prove/indicate that the man is the head of the family? You still didn't answer the question.

I don't believe in creation from evolution bt I know God created the world and as punishment for eating the Apple she will always be under a man and suffer pains at child Birth. Being under a man means he is the head.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by bebe2(f): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

When you refer to science, you should be able to back up your statement easily.
It is not my job to find proof for the gibberish you wrote there.

U just wab find my trouble.

r u saying dis is the first time u have heard dat statement?

U knw am not making it up.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by hamilton62(m): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
MzMariah:
That I can't even explain. I've seen cases where a man will cheat and they will keep saying its normal for a man to cheat but when a woman cheats then they will almost kill her. undecided them no even wan hear at all.

There are things that can never change and this is an example of it. A man will cheat on his wife and if his wife cheats on him then..........

I don't pray for a cheating partner sha o.
Haven't you heard nor seen a case where a man is divorced and some percentage of his fortune is taken by the woman because the man was unfaithful?
There are many marriages that the wives cheat but the men being the family oriented type consider their children's future and decide to still stick in the marriage praying for a change, so it's too the other way round.
Cheating doesn't start in marriage, for all I know, if you are unfaithful in your relationship as a lady or gent, dear me, you are bound to cheat in your marriage. It all begins now before marriage.
Let's try to avoid this pls... I know it's not easy but we can do this and if you have someone who is unfaithful but you know he or she loves you, try to reason with the individual, never downcast your little effort influencing their life because it will definitely do, if not with you, it will with the person in another relationship when you must have left...
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by okpanachil: 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
BananaBender:

The problem is prayer cannot do anything to save Nigeria. Stop praying and start taking an active role like changing your mentality and that of everyone you can influence.

It's sad that gender equality and fairness is now a 'dream', equality between genders should be a mandated right.

Untill today I didnt know there were some challenges bigger than prayers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
pickabeau1:

I think a punitive approach by women will act as a deterrent as cheating is a personalitything and equality of cheating is a weird concept

So what do u suggest are practical ways society can make the judgement on cheating the same

I erased the rest of your post because I agreed with it.

I don't know what exactly you mean by 'equality of cheating' but what I was proposing is that men and women should be held to the same standard when they cheat. Men should be responsible for their actions, it is not right that they are given a free pass by the society.

I am in no way, encouraging women to cheat.

The most practical way is to change the mentality that the male gender is superior to the female. We have to change the mentality that the man is the default head in a marriage. The truth is, the head is allowed some things that the subordinate isn't allowed. That breeds imbalance and equality.

Society should stop ignoring the men when it comes to preaching about chastity. Women are encouraged to be virgins but but the male child is perceived to be a wimp if he stays a virgin. This system will always fail because the male child needs the female(in most cases) to be a "man".

Women should be taught to be financially independent. A women who can't fend for herself is indirectly being forced to stay with a cheating spouse. Providing for the family should not be solely undertaken by the man.

A lot of things about the Nigerian society feeds on gender inequality and until that is eradicated, there is always going to be double standard.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
hamilton62:

Haven't you heard nor seen a case where a man is divorced and some percentage of his fortune is taken by the woman because the man was unfaithful?
There are many marriages that the wives cheat but the men being the family oriented type consider their children's future and decide to still stick in the marriage praying for a change, so it's too the other way round.
Cheating doesn't start in marriage, for all I know, if you are unfaithful in your relationship as a lady or gent, dear me, you are bound to cheat in your marriage. It all begins now before marriage.
Let's try to avoid this pls... I know it's not easy but we can do this and if you have someone who is unfaithful but you know he or she loves you, try to reason with the individual, never downcast your little effort influencing their life because it will definitely do, if not with you, it will with the person in another relationship when you must have left...
Thanks.
I don't think anybody is praying for a cheating partner. I don't know anybody who is unfaithful and I'm not downcasting anything. If I meet anybody who is unfaithful I will sure heed to your advice.
Thanks. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by caseyhills(m): 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
[color=#770077][/color] Guy! you just said what I have in mind!
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
tmosco:

I don't believe in creation from evolution bt I know God created the world and as punishment for eating the Apple she will always be under a man and suffer pains at child Birth. Being under a man means he is the head.

You didn't use nature to explain sh1t, you just quoted a storybook.

Let's assume that storybook is true, Jesus came to cleanse us from our sins and remove the curse/punishment from us, right? If what is written in the new testament is true, why are we still suffering from the curse/punishment placed on humanity in Garden of Eden??

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
okpanachil:

Untill today I didnt know there were some challenges bigger than prayers.
Are you saying there are challenges bigger than prayers? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
Grendel:

You don't know how powerful sex is?
sex can solve so many problems when given at a right time .
OK.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Mysterious33(m): 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
Okay.... I'm one of those guys that dread broken marriages, but if a gf cheats on me, I break-up the relationship without asking for a bucket-list of excuses why she did what she did. ....but in Marriage... sweet Jesus!....I'm gonna need God on this one!. But I think I would most like have the marriage dissolved, that way she can go having her illicit affairs without any hindrances. And seriously, it's so easy to know when girls are cheating...so so easy, the only problem is guys get carried away easily, if only you could really study them, then you'll notice that minute change that occurs when another guy is on your "lane"
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
Lol up guys
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Mysterious33(m): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
I once heard a case, where a Pastor's wife was found to be infidel, the Pastor wanted out but the church council encouraged him to forgive his wife....ahhhh!!!.....that got me really furious!
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Hero10001: 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
We'rall different! A man's food is anothers poison!!
"Some Men are like dogs while some Women are like pigs" if humans don't cheat then who will?!
I believe in forgiveness with love though but before saying i do, i would have forgiven her of "ANY" future wrongdoings already.
I'll marry her for life and nothing in this world would be capable of seperating us.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Junipero: 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
LOL.

This is why I don't wanna consider Marriage at the moment.

There's so much good sh*** going on in the World.

Cougars-Shrinks-MILFs- Girlfriends.. (the first 3 always foot the bills, if you sabi)

Uhhh what else do I have to say?

Yeah, I just made Baked Potatoes with SauerKraut and Roasted Swine. Feel free to dig in.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
BananaBender:

I really don't wanna reply you but I just can't help it............

You are a Christian? Cause what I'm going to say will make sense only to Christians.

A man is the head of the home, he started everything from 4st step and that gives him upper hand in some certain areas.

Being the head here does not imply that he should oppress his wife, No... You and I know that women cannot and can never be 50/50 equal with men. Although you can believe what you like but truth is unchangeable.

A man being the head makes marriage wonderful…no more arguing, no more strife, no more fight for power. Only having one leader makes life so much simpler. God absolutely knows what He is talking about and His way is the only way that truly works.

I'm about to get bible involved.

First, let me say that God sees men and women equally. At the foot of the cross there is neither male nor female. Galatians 3:28 says – “There is neither Jew nor Greek,there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

But we should not forget that Ephesians 5:23 says For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. If we make this passage obsolete, we lose Christ and marriage without Christ is full of pain and misunderstanding.

Now, in Genesis 2:17 before Eve existed, God commanded Adam to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. And then in Genesis 3 –it is Eve who first took the fruit in verse 6 –and ate it.............then she gave the fruit to Adam and he ate it too.

Now Eve ate the fruit but Romans 5:12 tells us that sin entered the world “through one man and death through sin.”

Eve sinned first – so why didn’t sin enter the world through one WO-man? According to scripture we see Adam – the one who God had given the command, as being held responsible for the sin of he and his wife. And we see the first picture of headship.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

Like I said, if you really want to liberate women then make men the head and save women some troubles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by pickabeau1: 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
I understand your points and i will like to ask u assuming u r in the West

What is the difference in this mentality between those who live in the West and Naija

This is linked to the first bolded

The second bolded is basic and i dont see why any woman will nt have a means of income aside her husband

BananaBender:

I erased the rest of your post because I agreed with it.

I don't know what exactly you mean by 'equality of cheating' but what I was proposing is that men and women should be held to the same standard when they cheat. Men should be responsible for their actions, it is not right that they are given a free pass by the society.

I am in no way, encouraging women to cheat.

The most practical way is to change the mentality that the male gender is superior to the female. We have to change the mentality that the man is the default head in a marriage. The truth is, the head is allowed some things that the subordinate isn't allowed. That breeds imbalance and equality.

Society should stop ignoring the men when it comes to preaching about chastity. Women are encouraged to be virgins but but the male child is perceived to be a wimp if he stays a virgin. This system will always fail because the male child needs the female(in most cases) to be a "man".

Women should be taught to be financially independent. A women who can't fend for herself is indirectly being forced to stay with a cheating spouse. Providing for the family should not be solely undertaken by the man.

A lot of things about the Nigerian society feeds on gender inequality and until that is eradicated, there is always going to be double standard.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
So, shollypopz, is still trying to kick that ultra feminist knowledge, no? You done lost it, bae!

Alice Walker and Angela Davis before you tried it, but had to give up. With the former settling for womanism, and the latter focusing on helping young black men get to their full potentials. And these are strong black women who actually went against all odds and were at the front line with black men, fighting injustice and racial discrimination. Thorough breds and strong black women lol.

Just channel your excessive energy and testosterone into being like one of these women. Or try Assata Shakur lol.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by menesheh(m): 6:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
Not only naija men but all-over. Men are superior being even from Bible times. History of brave men are recorded not woman (but sometimes recorded). Men drives the society despite this present claim of egalitarianism but still men drives the society. Even in offices men's performance are more excellent than women(by percentage).

Naturally men were meant to spread its gene to as many women to enhance the sustainability of human race (am not an old fashioned man and also fighting for egalitarian society but as a realist i reason the other ways too)

There is a Facebook memes that ask this question "
Girl : proff why is it when men cheat he is taken as a brave men but when women cheat it becomes a taboo

Proff : when a key is capable of opening many locks it becomes a master key while when a lock is being opened by many keys it becomes LovePeddler key(not too accurate)

A woman should keep herself for her hubby but men should cheat reasonably without the notice of his wife and should placed his wife above those whores. Another. Code is that men should not firgive his infidelity wife, any man that forgive his sex manaic spouse is a wuzzy.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by pickabeau1: 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
Bro.. forget the bible
In most cultures, patriarchial cultures dwarf matriarchial or matrilineal ones

Most in Africa, the Jews, the Arabs, etc

Tallesty1:
I
Like I said, if you really want to liberate women then make men the head and save women some troubles.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by tmosco(m): 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
BananaBender:

You didn't use nature to explain sh1t, you just quoted a storybook.

Let's assume that storybook is true, Jesus came to cleanse us from our sins and remove the curse/punishment from us, right? If what is written in the new testament is true, why are we still suffering from the curse/punishment placed on humanity in Garden of Eden??

God is not mocked whatever a man sows he will reap . gal 6 vs 7. Jesus has forgiven us but every sin has a consequence u just have to pay 4 it. See d lives of David, Paul, Samson. They all suffered after they repented.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by cybug: 6:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
FINITO...

couldn't have it better...
Tallesty1:
I really don't wanna reply you but I just can't help it............

You are a Christian? Cause what I'm going to say will make sense only to Christians.

A man is the head of the home, he started everything from 4st step and that gives him upper hand in some certain areas.

Being the head here does not imply that he should oppress his wife, No... You and I know that women cannot and can never be 50/50 equal with men. Although you can believe what you like but truth is unchangeable.

A man being the head makes marriage wonderful…no more arguing, no more strife, no more fight for power. Only having one leader makes life so much simpler. God absolutely knows what He is talking about and His way is the only way that truly works.

I'm about to get bible involved.

First, let me say that God sees men and women equally. At the foot of the cross there is neither male nor female. Galatians 3:28 says – “There is neither Jew nor Greek,there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

But we should not forget that Ephesians 5:23 says For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. If we make this passage obsolete, we lose Christ and marriage without Christ is full of pain and misunderstanding.

Now, in Genesis 2:17 before Eve existed, God commanded Adam to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. And then in Genesis 3 –it is Eve who first took the fruit in verse 6 –and ate it.............then she gave the fruit to Adam and he ate it too.

Now Eve ate the fruit but Romans 5:12 tells us that sin entered the world “through one man and death through sin.”

Eve sinned first – so why didn’t sin enter the world through one WO-man? According to scripture we see Adam – the one who God had given the command, as being held responsible for the sin of he and his wife. And we see the first picture of headship.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
ifoundmyperfect:

Just coz something is widely practiced doesn't make it rait. You are right about the perception of most nigerian men towards a woman. It started off from the days of our fore-fathers. This has been corrected to a large degree when folks saw the need to educate their girl child too. Its only a feeble illiterate woman that lacks orientation/enlightenment that would allow herself to get trampled on. The examples you cited are common amongst them. Some of una sef don't help matters n forcefully make ursef look like a rag-doll or more like a madam-easy-life. You lazy around with little or absolute no contribution to assist d man. As for me, I don't like that perception u raised, datz y I saw d need to correct you. We are product of the decision we make. Stand for what is right, not necessarily comforming to what is widely practice. There r still sane men out dere.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2014
ifoundmyperfect:

Just coz something is widely practiced doesn't make it rait. You are right about the perception of most nigerian men towards a woman. It started off from the days of our fore-fathers. This has been corrected to a large degree when folks saw the need to educate their girl child too. Its only a feeble illiterate woman that lacks orientation/enlightenment that would allow herself to get trampled on. The examples you cited are common amongst them. Some of una sef don't help matters n forcefully make ursef look like a rag-doll or more like a madam-easy-life. You lazy around with little or absolute no contribution to assist d man. As for me, I don't like that perception u raised, datz y I saw d need to correct you. We are product of the decision we make. Stand for what is right, not necessarily comforming to what is widely practice. There r still sane men out dere.
Nowadays, i hardly see women who don't work to assist the family. Even the uneducated and semi-educated ones all have things doing.

Well, there are sane men out there. But the insane ones are more in number.
I rest my case. Have a nice night sire or ma'am.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2014
ifoundmyperfect:

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 7:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
Bro
pickabeau1:
Bro.. forget the bible
In most cultures, patriarchial cultures dwarf matriarchial or matrilineal ones

Most in Africa, the Jews, the Arabs, etc

You have brotherzoned me alreadyembarassedembarassedcrycry

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / Wife Dumps Her Son, Empties Husband's Shops, Elopes With School Boyfriend / Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.