Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. (58053 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife / Infidelity{how Come Women Forgive Easily,& Men Hardly Forgive?} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, what I mean is that in your previous post everything looks like a quote.

Okay
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
PStylish:

Thought the OP has already done that. That's why we are here at all.

No, he has explained why Naija men hardly forgive cheating and NOT that it hurts them more than a woman.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by okotv(m): 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You are my younger online brother. kiss
thank you.

will miss you cause school resumes for me tomorrow.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
dovelike:

Things don change ooo.If the man cheats,the woman also gets disgusted too
Lol.

I hope all the men wey dey shout 'I can't stand a cheating wife' no dey cheat o. grin derris God in everything we do. cheesy
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by wamenzy(f): 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
First I wud say in 9ja culture men are allowed to cheat and it won't be bad but once a woman does dat it bcums a big sin....but d best is to stay faithful. it is very easy for a woman to forgive her man dat cheated but it is very hard for men to forgive even forget cuz dey feel u had a purpose for doing it maybe dey are not good enough for u........d best tin is to stay faithful cuz if am a man I will never forgive my wife for cheating and as a woman I will never forgive my man for cheating
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
drlawizle:
What bebe2 said is a good explanation...cheating is wrong on all fronts agreed but the motives behind it are absolutely different....a man can cheat on his wife and still treat her like d goddess dat she is, love her with allhis heart and take excellent care of his children....wat does dat mean: sex with another woman is just a game to d man...have you ever wondered why a man can still sex a woman he hates so much & still enjoy it (as long as she's sexy)but a woman will find it difficult to even if he's rich & handsome.

On d other hand a woman dat goes out of the 3 reasons I mentioned earlier is capable of murdering his husband and selling off his property and running of with another man...its difficult for it just to be fun for her...you yourself know you were not wired and created dat way... we are all gifted and unique in our own different ways....theres really no point tryin to behave like a man that doesnt attach emotions to sex or thinking men lie when dey say d woman means nothing to him....cos she actually means nothing to him...I understand dat it hurts d woman which is d reason I will never cheat on my wife but what I want you to understand is a man cheating on his wife is absolutely different from a woman cheating on her man.
carefreewannabe will never listen to reason.

She is reading different meaning into the whole thing.

She kept saying the Evil men commit.

Show me where cheating is encouraged in this post. We all condemning it and we are somehow confused about why things are the way they are.

You want equal rights?

Ok but first we must abolish marriage.

Yea, you can't milk a man dry in the name of marriage and still expect enjoy some certain privileges he has as someone who paid your price.

Secondly you must travel back to times of old and undo this tradition that punishes a cheating woman.

Until then............close your legs.

Equal right is not needed here at all cause we are against cheating.

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
Grendel:
I never thought of cheating or having any side chicks not until my woman denied me sex ... We are not staying together, I visit her twice a month but this particuler time I was busy at work I couldn't visit her for four months.

I was angry because I don't know why she denied me the only thing that's strengthen our love
So sex is the only thing that strengthens your love for her or the love you both share? Are you saying your relationship is built on sex Interesting.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
Grendel:
I never thought of cheating or having any side chicks not until my woman denied me sex ... We are not staying together, I visit her twice a month but this particuler time I was busy at work I couldn't visit her for four months.

I was angry because I don't know why she denied me the only thing that's strengthen our love
The union ended long before she said no to sex.

If there is not connection, there will be no sex.

That is women for you.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
ifoundmyperfect:

Why say women suffer a lot?
Or always being degraded?
Your belief becomes your reality...
We are product of the choices we make...
Cheating isn't just one sided...
Both sexes are guilty...
it's not all about what i believe, it's about what i've experienced and seen. Nigerians here think women are "weaker vessels" so they treat us like poo. As long as they're concerned, we don't own ourselves, it's either our parents or husband own us, some cultures see us as a "property" so when we do some wrong things men do, like cheating, we're as good as dead, but men can cheat to the fullest and even stand firm to it. It's unfair. Ok, look at the story a sister posted here, a woman whos husband was cheating on was being treated like a piece of rag, she's not even at fault, and he's even sending her outta their home, she deh even beg make she stay back o, i can't imagine myself doing this. We're being degraded biko.

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
MzMariah:
Lol.

I hope all the men wey dey shout 'I can't stand a cheating wife' no dey cheat o. grin derris God in everything we do. cheesy
Lol.There is God ooo cheesy
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
MzMariah:
Lol.

Faithful men hardly marry faithful women.

Don't ask me why.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
dovelike:

Lol.There is God ooo cheesy
grin grin
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
Tallesty1:
carefreewannabe will never listen to reason.

She is reading different meaning into the whole thing.

I am not reading a different meaning into the whole thing and I understand your initial post as an explanation. Nevertheless, some people here claim that female infidelity is worse. And I don't agree.

She kept saying the Evil men commit.

Show me where cheating is encouraged in this post. We all condemning it and we are somehow confused about why things are the way they are.

I haven't said YOU encouraged cheating in your initial post, have I?

You want equal rights?

Of course, I do.

Ok but first we must abolish marriage.

I am not a big fan of marriage but I don'T understand why it should be abolished.

Yea, you can't milk a man dry in the name of marriage and still expect enjoy some certain privileges he has as someone who paid your price.

Even if I EVER get married, I will never allow a man to pay money for me. I am not an object that can be bought.
Apart from this, I have my own money.

Secondly you must travel back to times of old and undo this tradition that punishes a cheating woman.

Have I ever justified female infidelity? No? Then what is this statement for?

Until then............close your legs.

I am not the one who justifies any form of cheating here so tell your friends to keep their joysticks in their pants and use their brains for thinking.

Equal right is not needed here at all cause we are against cheating.

Happy to hear it.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
PStylish:

They hardly forgive because they are hurt ...

Same reasons.

And you conclude that women forgive because their pain is less?

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
Tallesty1:
Faithful men hardly marry faithful women.

Don't ask me why.
why? tongue
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
MzMariah:
why? tongue
lols.....

I don't know why............

But I know that bad things happen to good people.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by KAYD007(m): 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
missberrypop5:
it's not all about what i believe, it's about what i've experienced and seen. Nigerians here think women are "weaker vessels" so they treat us like poo. As long as they're concerned, we don't own ourselves, it's either our parents or husband own us, some cultures see us as a "property" so when we do some wrong things men do, like cheating, we're as good as dead, but men can cheat to the fullest and even stand firm to it. It's unfair. Ok, look at the story a sister posted here, a woman whos husband was cheating on was being treated like a piece of rag, she's not even at fault, and he's even sending her outta their home, she deh even beg make she stay back o, i can't imagine myself doing this. We're being degraded biko.

mehn, see bitterness and beef combine in HD format grin
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
KAYD007:

mehn, see bitterness and beef combine in HD format grin

And you think this is a good occasion to use a stvpid grin

May your daughters never experience what the girl described in her post.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
Tallesty1:
lols.....

I don't know why............

But I know that bad things happen to good people.
Hehehe.

I ask again WHY? I know you know why. tongue
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by merits(m): 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
cry

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by kalufelix(m): 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
If one stays faithful now they come up with another issue...

Senseless piece of sh1ts!!
f//u.ckin holes!!
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Dcmg(m): 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
Well,i can't forgive a cheating partner and i dnt expect my partner to forgive me if i cheated on her.Cheating is the greatest disrespect there is on your partner.
I would rather end the marriage than cheat on my partner,and that's what i expect from her too.Infact cheating should be a crime,cheaters should spend the rest of their life in prison with hard labour.
There is no excuse for cheating,end the relationship if you aren't happy than cheat.

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hmmmn, d mere thought of my hubby cheating on me irritates, disgusts and kills my pride.... I wonder how some ladies loudly say they tld their hubby 'he can cheat on them' but they mustn't let them find out.... how foolish can they get? undecided

Well, that's none of my business sha...

My hubby must not cheat on me, full-stop!

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by josite: 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
if the wife has stop giving birth to children,i believe most men are likely to forgive.what most men dont want is a bastard.in fact most men will not mind the wife being taken away completely after the chidren are solidly on ground.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by cococandy(f): 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
Pls you guys should stop all these lies. Who are you decieving?
A man goes out to sleep with other women outside and you believe that he can still treat his woman like a goddess. Are you for real?

Some men will forget their families because of a mistressm some will deny their families luxuries because they want to cater for a mistress first.
Some men have wives driving an old merc 190 but will buy new RAV4 for the mistress,take her dubai for shopping etcetera but his kids are under cared for.

Some don't even take the well being of their kkids into consideration that much whenever they begin to see a new mistress who turns their brain the other angle.

What makes you think men don't fall in love with their mistresses? That's so naïve. They do. All the time. To the point that his family becomes second in his list of priority.

As much as you guys like to say sex Is just physical for men,I've seen families ruined by affairs the men had. Once they begin seeing the other woman,nothing else matters.

Pls stop spreading lies

drlawizle:

What bebe2 said is a good explanation...cheating is wrong on all fronts agreed but the motives behind it are absolutely different....a man can cheat on his wife and still treat her like d goddess dat she is, love her with allhis heart and take excellent care of his children....wat does dat mean: sex with another woman is just a game to d man...have you ever wondered why a man can still sex a woman he hates so much & still enjoy it (as long as she's sexy)but a woman will find it difficult to even if he's rich & handsome.

On d other hand a woman dat goes out of the 3 reasons I mentioned earlier is capable of murdering his husband and selling off his property and running of with another man...its difficult for it just to be fun for her...you yourself know you were not wired and created dat way... we are all gifted and unique in our own different ways....theres really no point tryin to behave like a man that doesnt attach emotions to sex or thinking men lie when dey say d woman means nothing to him....cos she actually means nothing to him...I understand dat it hurts d woman which is d reason I will never cheat on my wife but what I want you to understand is a man cheating on his wife is absolutely different from a woman cheating on her man.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by josite: 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
Wsfirstlady:
Hmmmn, d mere thought of my hubby cheating on me irritates, disgusts and kills my pride.... I wonder how some ladies loudly say they tld their hubby 'he can cheat on them' but they mustn't let them find out.... how foolish can they get? undecided

Well, that's none of my business sha...

My hubby must not cheat on me, full-stop!

have u ever bleeped another woman's hubby and if you have they will surely Bleep ur hubby.accept it full stop.if your hubby cheats,u will go and pour acid .grow up.go marry daddy GO.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by bukatyne(f): 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
Tallesty1:
Things will never get better if we should treat them from a Christian perspective.

No bring church into this............

Tell me something!

But you believe wives must submit to their husbands and husbands are the heads of their homes which is a 'Christian perspective'

Eating your cake and having it?

I hope not!

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by pickabeau1: 2:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
bukatyne:

Tell me something!

But you believe wives must submit to their husbands and husbands are the heads of their homes which is a 'Christian perspective'

Eating your cake and having it?

I hope not!

Haba,... but u know its not only a christian perspective grin grin
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by bukatyne(f): 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
cococandy:
Pls you guys should stop all these lies. Who are you decieving?
A man goes out to sleep with other women outside and you believe that he can still treat his woman like a goddess. Are you for real?

Some men will forget their families because of a mistressm some will deny their families luxuries because they want to cater for a mistress first.
Some men have wives driving an old merc 190 but will buy new RAV4 for the mistress,take her dubai for shopping etcetera but his kids are under cared for.

Some don't even take the well being of their kkids into consideration that much whenever they begin to see a new mistress who turns their brain the other angle.

What makes you think men don't fall in love with their mistresses? That's so naïve. They do. All the time. To the point that his family becomes second in his list of priority.

As much as you guys like to say sex Is just physical for men,I've seen families ruined by affairs the men had. Once they begin seeing the other woman,nothing else matters.

Pls stop spreading lies

Omalicha,

You get time. These days, I just drop my POV and move on (in some cases un-follow the thread till I see a mention)

Is it not a few days back a lady started a thread on a cheating husband who told his wife and kids to enter public transport while he picked up his mistress and her family?

Men have not abandoned their families and run off with their lovers

Let them keep deceiving themselves

'It is physical, it is spiritual, it is emotional etc.' na them sabi

Imagine Op telling me that Bible does not solve everything but it will most definitely solve the headship of men and submission of wives.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by tmosco(m): 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
I will say I wouldn't cheat on my wife but I can't be certain I will not cheat on her. Cheating is bad and it hurt, but the society and the nature of man itself make things difficult. We men are aroused by sight and with girls of nowadays if she target u, it will take a man of willpower to overcome. The Bible even encourages us to flee from strange women. When she set her eyes on u only God will help u. Just imagine the amount of time guys think abt sex a day. Sex is 50 percent reason why a responsible man will marry. So d wife also has enuf things to do in d marriage to increase his willpower, dress well and pray harder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / Wife Dumps Her Son, Empties Husband's Shops, Elopes With School Boyfriend / Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.