Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,575 members, 7,958,780 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. (58827 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife / Infidelity{how Come Women Forgive Easily,& Men Hardly Forgive?} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
hmmm, scary comments. I don't know for other ladies but i can't stand a husband who cheats. Be it nigerian or non-nigerian. I don't care what the society are gonna say, i'm not praying for a husband who cheats, but if he does, i'll divorce him. Women surfer alot, we're always degraded. I have feelings, you men have feelings, we should respect that.

14 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by cococandy(f): 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
I don't know about you ladies but if a man cheats on me,it ruins everything for me.

I wonder what he said to her to woo her.
Were they the same things he said to me?

I wonder what he said when he was about to cum.
"You're the sweetest woman I've ever had"
I know he said that to me too.

He must have complimented her beauty in ways he did to me.

Maybe lied too. "I'm single. Not married. Divorced. Just broke up". Anything to get her to relax and open up.
I like to feel that I'm the apple of my man's eye.

If he could forget how valuable he said I was,if he could discard my well being and feelings the moment he see another,then it means I'm not the woman I thought I was to him.

It will make me feel CHEAP.

It is not acceptable. Not even slightly acceptable.

I don't know what he'll feel if I cheat on him but I'm pretty sure it's akin to what I'll feel if he cheats on me.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by ifoundmyperfect: 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
I despise cheats...

Yea amma typical naija breed...
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
@op, I believe the word you intended was 'moan', not 'mourn'. I may be wrong of course wink
Anyways, like so many of the things that induce strong visceral reactions in humans, a man's aversion to a cheating wife has it's roots in biology.
No man wants to be conned into spending his resources on raising another's offspring. It also explains why this strong jealousy is only felt when the wife is prime se,xually and still of childbearing age( or looks it). No man gives two fhux if his postmenopausal wifey plays the field.
Sperm Wars, people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by ifoundmyperfect: 10:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
missberrypop5:
hmmm, scary comments. I don't for other ladies but i can't stand a husband who cheats. Be it nigerian or non-nigerian. I don't care what the society are gonna say, i'm not praying for a husband who cheats, but if he does, i'll divorce him. Women surfer alot, we're always degraded. I have feelings, you men have feelings, we should respect that.

Why say women suffer a lot?
Or always being degraded?
Your belief becomes your reality...
We are product of the choices we make...
Cheating isn't just one sided...
Both sexes are guilty...
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Acidosis(m): 10:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
I can't forgive a cheating partner, and I don't expect a partner to forgive me (if caught cheating).
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by cocoberry(f): 11:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
Babe r u talking about Aleku? grin

MzMariah:
You just reminded me of a culture in my village. If a man cheats on his wife it has no side effect but if a woman cheats (sleeps with another man) then she is as good as dead if she doesn't confess and have the necessary sacrifice done. She go just die like chicken.

We all are hoping and praying for the best sha, nobody wants a cheating partner.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by bebe2(f): 11:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
coogar:

excellent post!
may the gods of your ancestors be with you. grin

Iseeeeeeeeeee

grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by beeevan: 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
I will treat a cheating partner the way I will treat a mortal enemy, i can't forgive it......not when he hasn't paid for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by coogar: 11:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
beeevan:
I will treat a cheating partner the way I will treat a mortal enemy, i can't forgive it......not when he hasn't paid for it.

nobody is saying you should forgive a cheating partner. we aren't even excusing the men. just putting it out that one is slightly worse than the other.

a cheating wife is worse than a cheating hubby.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by beeevan: 11:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
coogar:

nobody is saying you should forgive a cheating partner. we aren't even excusing the men. just putting it out that one is slightly worse than the other.

a cheating wife is worse than a cheating hubby.

I see no difference, a cheating man is as disgusting as his female counterpart undecided.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by coogar: 12:38am On Oct 08, 2014
beeevan:

I see no difference, a cheating man is as disgusting as his female counterpart undecided.

of course, when both genders are unmarried, one is as disgusting as the other. however, after marriage.....a cheating wife is worse than a cheating husband.

the risk of paternity fraud alone makes a cheating wife worse by default.

8 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Tallesty1(m): 12:43am On Oct 08, 2014
BoboYekini:
@op, I believe the word you intended was 'moan', not 'mourn'. I may be wrong of course wink
Anyways, like so many of the things that induce strong visceral reactions in humans, a man's aversion to a cheating wife has it's roots in biology.
No man wants to be conned into spending his resources on raising another's offspring. It also explains why this strong jealousy is only felt when the wife is prime se,xually and still of childbearing age( or looks it). No man gives two fhux if his postmenopausal wifey plays the field.
Sperm Wars, people.
Exactly............

Thanks for the correction
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by cybug: 12:52am On Oct 08, 2014
There's never gender equality since time immemorial.
A man can cheat and still love his wife... it's a different ball game for a woman.

Please, y'all should leave man and woman matter... e don tey, no be today.

4 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 08, 2014
cocoberry:
Babe r u talking about Aleku? grin

Lol.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by pickabeau1: 8:24am On Oct 08, 2014
BananaBender:

Not even close. The society is me and you. You might not see the change in your generation but it will surely reflect in that of your kids.

Can you explain the correlation between cheating in a marriage and gender equality
I get the relation to equal opportunities, education, jobs, access to property.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by LEXYCOM: 8:41am On Oct 08, 2014
Pls, am driving...I cannot type now angryPls, am driving...I cannot type now
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by slimzypink(f): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2014
Life is too short not ti cheat on ur partner...forgive me or not daz ur cup of tea!!
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 08, 2014
BananaBender:

Why is that more acceptable to the society?

I don't understand it too,that society accepts a cheating husband, and not a cheating wife? Truth is,no body should cheat,if you don't want to be cheated on,then don't cheat on your partner. ...I don't even get why people think a woman will forgive her man if he cheats on her,she might pretend to forgive and move on,but she will never forgive it.

10 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2014
coogar:

of course, when both genders are unmarried, one is as disgusting as the other. however, after marriage.....a cheating wife is worse than a cheating husband.

the risk of paternity fraud alone makes a cheating wife worse by default.

And the risks of getting infected with a deadly sexu.ally transmitted disease isn't worse?

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Decryptor(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2014
Nice one OP. Waiting for one clueless female NL member to create a counter-thread with lame reason why women can never forgive a cheating partner.

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by ddippset(m): 8:50am On Oct 08, 2014
-when you are wooing the woman she adopts a very high moral standard by playing hard for 6 months, 1 year and even 2 years. so a man expects that high morality for ever. so the woman cannot play hard to get(iam not cheap) and then open her legs for a third party.
-during love making, the man is the subject, the woman is the object(no pun intended). it is the man who rams on her, it is the man who fondles her all over, it is the man who ejacu1ates into her. basically the man uses the woman(no pun intended). hence men pay for se.x.
-the society believes that in time of sex a woman does the man a favour(may not be true). so when the woman sleeps out, it is assumed the woman is doing another man the same favours.
-principally se.x involves 3 things- b00b squeezing, but+ squeeezing and pene+ration. and the woman is still on the receiving end.
No pun intended, these are some of the reasons why a man could never forgive a cheating wife or girlfriend. however a man should respect and honour his spouse and so cheating is equally bad.

12 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by 3coins(m): 8:50am On Oct 08, 2014
98% of the time,it is the EGO part
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by vicadex07(m): 8:50am On Oct 08, 2014
BananaBender:

It can change, starting from you. Change your mindset, you are only thinking like the product of the society you grew up in. One way to do that, is by encouraging and teaching gender equality in social institutions.

So you mean women should start cheating as much as men

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by ugoezeik(m): 8:53am On Oct 08, 2014
Fkforyou:
I am here to read peoples comment. Although I want to say something.
when were u released from quarantine center
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 08, 2014
Tallesty1:
Before I start this, I want to make it clear that I'm not a sexist.

People say it is a man's world, and honestly, it is. I will show you how.

Nature gave us some bonus and women gave their support. Even if a man forgives a cheating wife, the women(society) will not.

Here are the few reasons some men find it difficult to forgive a cheating wife(They are what I heard men say. I didn't author some of them)

1: EGO:- It certainly has alot to do with their ego being bruised. The thought that another man was able to sleep with Someone they believed they had "ownership" of breaks them to pieces as most of them think the women incapable of sex without emotions, meaning the woman loves another. Remember men are like a lioness that can kill most animals for its cubs but will not allow another animal to even play with its cubs.

2: GUILT:- If a woman cheats, the man will never forgive not only the woman but himself no matter whose fault it is. He feels he has failed as a man to protect and keep his own.

3: THEY CAN'T FORGET:- When a man is making love with his wife, it is a sacred rituals the way she moan shows that his sacrifice has been accepted. So if she makes love with another man he will be thinking the temple is no more sacred and when he make love to her and she moan, it will be disgusting cause it will be like that is the way she moaned for the other guy!

4: YOU HAVE LOST HER IF SHE CHEATS:- Female infidelity is often much more damaging to a marriage. Don’t get me wrong: Male cheating is definitely harmful. But when a woman fools around, it’s often the beginning of the end of the relationship. For men, cheating often tends to be opportunistic—they’re in the wrong place at the wrong time and the cheating doesn’t necessarily mean anything emotionally. In fact a man can sleep with a woman today and not remember her again but for a woman to have sex with you(in most cases)you must win her heart to win her body.

5: HE PAID YOUR PRICE:- I guess i gotta be blunt here. I know we call it marriage but I think women are being bought in a way. Don't kill me yet, let's analyze it. He buys engagement ring. Proposes to you, you accept then he decides to see your people. Your people accept him and give him a list containing heaven and earth. He agrees to pay, he pays for everything and when your parents feel they have collected enough, they hand you over to him. Then you automatically change your name(Change of ownership) which confirms that you are now his own.

I have seen where women sponsored their marriage and the men don't care when they cheatcheesy soI believe the day you stop asking for head-cutting bride price for us to marry then we won't bother much, imagine paying all that money and she gives it to another man..

On a serious note. A cheat is a cheat and you can't quantify cheating. Who is cheating doesn't matter. Stay Faithful
100% Correct you did not add the money spent before you collect the marriage list

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nicepoker(m): 8:54am On Oct 08, 2014
Marriage is an institution. Love is blind. Am not prepared to enrol into the institution of the blind. I wil have kids but I can't marry. Period.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:54am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:
Hmmmmmm
Eleyi Gidi Gan.

Counter Thread Loading...............15%

Talking about paying her price - well, that's true, let's not forget that the same way the guy forwent scores of women to pay her price, she forwent scores of guys to accept his price wink

Owh, OP, I think the points you raised are valid and affects both sides of the divide equally, depending on the individuals involved.
Thank God for the finishing of your points.
I d v said that you were supporting cheating women.
Last Bullet
I m waiting for the counter thread!
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by passionate88: 8:55am On Oct 08, 2014
bebe2:
I kind of see ur point.

Se-x in marriage is sacred like u said.

Most men will never touch the woman again if they find out they slept wit someone else.

Call it bride or watever u like but the fact is wat drives a woman to infidelity is totally different from wat drives a man.

We will all agree that most men think wiy their pe-nis, once the thing done stand something need to bring am down regardless of the consequences. And most times these actions have no emotional involvement.

Buutttt before woman open leg for another man, e don weigh am, calculate am, manipulate am and decide say its worth doing.

And once she try am once, she go hardly stop am. Even science says there is a certain hormone thats secreted during se-x dats imbibes the memory of the man in her for a very very long time.

So which man wants to be competing with dat??
Check out!.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Odinaka00(m): 8:56am On Oct 08, 2014
Nna nwanne cheat me, I cheat yu man nor go vex, I don't know why some people feel so pained when their partner cheat on them lol, nna this is a free world o,

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by cococandy(f): 8:56am On Oct 08, 2014
most Nigerian women put up with cheating sometimes because being a divorcee in a society like ours puts them in a disadvantaged position. I hope some gullible men don't mistake that for forgiveness.

She remembers. Everyday.
Don't get too cocky and play russian roulette with the most important thing you have. smiley

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Wife's Infidelity; Please Advise. / Married At 13, Mother Of 8 At 27: How Enugu Teenager Finally Escaped A Hell. / Woman Pronounced Dead In Edo Found Alive In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.