Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. (58049 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife / Infidelity{how Come Women Forgive Easily,& Men Hardly Forgive?} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Fkforyou(m): 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2014
YourCrush:
Do u tink it wil b easy 4 u 2 undastand y ur wife wil wake up on 1 faithful morning only 2 tel u dat she is no longer interestd in d marriage?
. No, but I will respect her for her sincerity.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by centjamie(m): 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

How has nature made him the head?

Well,i cannot answer what you obviously know.i knw u got my point sha
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
[quote author=okotv post=26966214][/quote]

I thought it was as simple as that and it actually is.

The only reason why some people won't agree is because they want to continue having the privilege of cheating but at the same time a tool to punish people who would do the same to them.

They want to hurt without taking responsibility but they don't want to be hurt.

The discussion takes place for very selfish reasons. It has nothing to do with logic.

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
centjamie:

Well,i cannot answer what you obviously know.i knw u got my point sha

No, I don't.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by KAYD007(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Show me where she said so.

you need not beat round the bush, it was quite obvious..erm the preekbender implied it in her post undecided
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
KAYD007:

you need not beat round the bush, it was quite obvious..erm the preekbender implied it in her post undecided

In which post?

Kindly quote this post please.

1 Like

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Etianwanokon: 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
Its funny. yet they cheat all the time. In as much as I don not support infidelity, Men should also learn not to cheat
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by 1stola: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
Simplicityike:
cheating is cheating' but believe it or not you have said it all,but remember marring a beautiful women is a depth.......i will tell y next time I see you!!!!!!
You meant debt?
Are you a debt?
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

And you think a woman won't be hurt?

What bebe2 said is a good explanation...cheating is wrong on all fronts agreed but the motives behind it are absolutely different....a man can cheat on his wife and still treat her like d goddess dat she is, love her with allhis heart and take excellent care of his children....wat does dat mean: sex with another woman is just a game to d man...have you ever wondered why a man can still sex a woman he hates so much & still enjoy it (as long as she's sexy)but a woman will find it difficult to even if he's rich & handsome.

On d other hand a woman dat goes out of the 3 reasons I mentioned earlier is capable of murdering his husband and selling off his property and running of with another man...its difficult for it just to be fun for her...you yourself know you were not wired and created dat way... we are all gifted and unique in our own different ways....theres really no point tryin to behave like a man that doesnt attach emotions to sex or thinking men lie when dey say d woman means nothing to him....cos she actually means nothing to him...I understand dat it hurts d woman which is d reason I will never cheat on my wife but what I want you to understand is a man cheating on his wife is absolutely different from a woman cheating on her man.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by 1stola: 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
ugwum007:

Nigeria would ve been much better if u were not born..
I hope that you're not a cretin...
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2014
drlawizle:

What bebe2 said is a good explanation...cheating is wrong on all fronts agreed but the motives behind it are absolutely different....a man can cheat on his wife and still treat her like d goddess dat she is, love her with allhis heart and take excellent care of his children....wat does dat mean: sex with another woman is just a game to d man...have you ever wondered why a man can still sex a woman he hates so much & still enjoy it (as long as she's sexy)but a woman will find it difficult to even if he's rich & handsome.

On d other hand a woman dat goes out of the 3 reasons I mentioned earlier is capable of murdering his husband and selling off his property and running of with another man...its difficult for it just to be fun for her...you yourself know you were not wired and created dat way... we are all gifted and unique in our own different ways....theres really no point tryin to behave like a man that doesnt attach emotions to sex or thinking men lie when dey say d woman means nothing to him....cos she actually means nothing to him...I understand dat it hurts d woman which is d reason I will never cheat on my wife but what I want you to understand is a man cheating on his wife is absolutely different from a woman cheating on her man.

Respect for this and may you be true to your promise.

I am not going to discuss gender stereotypes with you. Your post is full of gender stereotypes.

I will just repeat this:

Cheating is cheating and cheating is wrong.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by okotv(m): 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I thought it was as simple as that and it actually is.

The only reason why some people won't agree is because they want to continue having the privilege of cheating but at the same time a tool to punish people who would do the same to them.

They want to hurt without taking responsibility but they don't want to be hurt.

The discussion takes place for very selfish reasons. It has nothing to do with logic.
why should anyone cheat....either male or female...infact hold yourself...it seems to me that thus society is really in need if a tweak
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I am not going to discuss gender stereotypes with you. Your post is full of gender stereotypes.

I will just repeat this:

Its full of the truth.

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Grendel(m): 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
Honestly, I love this thread ... I really have my own side to back up why guys cheat .
Not for love but satisfy the urge for ordinary sex.

2 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by OSTA(m): 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
truetruetrue
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by centjamie(m): 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
[quote author=carefreewannabe post=26966353]

No, I don't. [/quote

Lol.....smh]
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by kandiikane(m): 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
The thing is, all this is a lie. If you are in a relationship or marriage for a long time and you cheat the man won't just easily walk away. They say it as a deterrent but those who have experienced their partner cheating know the truth. I mean he might "hate" you at that moment and say all sorts and maybe say its over and leave but Infact, he will end up being the one begging to get the relationship on the right track. grin
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I will just repeat this:

What I just want to pass across is dat the motive is different in both sexes...d earlier we realized we are different in our makeup the better...God himself made us differently otherwise He would have just created Man alone... no gender stereos here...

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
okotv:
why should anyone cheat....either male or female...infact hold yourself...it seems to me that thus society is really in need if a tweak

I understand why people cheat but despite the understanding of all the reasons behind cheating, I consider it wrong.

Cheating

- hurts people
- leads to STDs
- destroys lives
- destroys the love someone has for you
- destroys the respect someone has for you
- destroys families
- destroys relationships
- destroys trust
- destroys the feelings of security
- destroys self-confidence

All this can happen no matter if a man or a woman cheats.

3 Likes

Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
kandiikane:
The thing is, all this is a lie. If you are in a relationship or marriage for a long time and you cheat the man won't just easily walk away. They say it as a deterrent but those who have experience their partner cheating know the truth. I mean he might "hate" you at that moment and say all sorts and maybe say its over and leave but Infact, he will end up being the one begging to get the relationship on the right track. grin

Even a weak man will not behave like d@... check dat "man" he might not be a man afterall...or perhaps he is staying for something else...men can be cunning atimes...e go just do you like Portuguese film.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Grendel(m): 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
I never thought of cheating or having any side chicks not until my woman denied me sex ... We are not staying together, I visit her twice a month but this particuler time I was busy at work I couldn't visit her for four months.

I was angry because I don't know why she denied me the only thing that's strengthen our love
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2014
drlawizle

Quote me properly.

What you said looks like I have said it.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by kenex4ever(m): 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
Nice one
Tallesty1:
Before I start this, I want to make it clear that I'm not a sexist.

People say it is a man's world, and honestly, it is. I will show you how.

Nature gave us some bonus and women gave their support. Even if a man forgives a cheating wife, the women(society) will not.

Here are the few reasons some men find it difficult to forgive a cheating wife(They are what I heard men say. I didn't author some of them)

1: EGO:- It certainly has alot to do with their ego being bruised. The thought that another man was able to sleep with Someone they believed they had "ownership" of breaks them to pieces as most of them think the women incapable of sex without emotions, meaning the woman loves another. Remember men are like a lioness that can kill most animals for its cubs but will not allow another animal to even play with its cubs.

2: GUILT:- If a woman cheats, the man will never forgive not only the woman but himself no matter whose fault it is. He feels he has failed as a man to protect and keep his own.

3: THEY CAN'T FORGET:- When a man is making love with his wife, it is a sacred rituals the way she moan shows that his sacrifice has been accepted. So if she makes love with another man he will be thinking the temple is no more sacred and when he make love to her and she moan, it will be disgusting cause it will be like that is the way she moaned for the other guy!

4: YOU HAVE LOST HER IF SHE CHEATS:- Female infidelity is often much more damaging to a marriage. Don’t get me wrong: Male cheating is definitely harmful. But when a woman fools around, it’s often the beginning of the end of the relationship. For men, cheating often tends to be opportunistic—they’re in the wrong place at the wrong time and the cheating doesn’t necessarily mean anything emotionally. In fact a man can sleep with a woman today and not remember her again but for a woman to have sex with you(in most cases)you must win her heart to win her body.

5: HE PAID YOUR PRICE:- I guess i gotta be blunt here. I know we call it marriage but I think women are being bought in a way. Don't kill me yet, let's analyze it. He buys engagement ring. Proposes to you, you accept then he decides to see your people. Your people accept him and give him a list containing heaven and earth. He agrees to pay, he pays for everything and when your parents feel they have collected enough, they hand you over to him. Then you automatically change your name(Change of ownership) which confirms that you are now his own.

I have seen where women sponsored their marriage and the men don't care when they cheatcheesy soI believe the day you stop asking for head-cutting bride price for us to marry then we won't bother much, imagine paying all that money and she gives it to another man..

On a serious note. A cheat is a cheat and you can't quantify cheating. Who is cheating doesn't matter. Stay Faithful
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by kandiikane(m): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
drlawizle:

Even a weak man will not behave like d@... check dat "man" he might not be a man afterall...or perhaps he is staying for something else...men can be cunning atimes...e go just do you like Portuguese film.

Come off it! Bunch of pretenders! grin
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by beeevan: 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
RuuDie:

I actually just did... its crazy, absurd, difficult, inexplicable... but I did; and I don't regret it!!!

There is nothing wrong with forgiveness if you can, we all can't afford to be that lenient while dealing with cheats.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by okotv(m): 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I understand why people cheat but despite the understanding of all the reasons behind cheating, I consider it wrong.

Cheating

- hurts people
- leads to STDs
- destroys lives
- destroys the love someone has for you
- destroys the respect someone has for you
- destroys families
- destroys relationships
- destroys trust
- destroys the feelings of security
- destroys self-confidence

All this can happen no matter if a man or a woman cheats.

you are really an intellectual....glad I met you.

By the way *it took me about two days to understand your person* I really thought deeply about it before my instincts spoke.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
carefreewannabe:
drlawizle

Quote me properly.

What you said looks like I have said it.

Okay..perhaps I dont get your meaning of stereotypes. ?
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
okotv:
you are really an intellectual....glad I met you.

By the way *it took me about two days to understand your person* I really thought deeply about it before my instincts spoke.

You are my younger online brother. kiss
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
kandiikane:

Come off it! Bunch of pretenders! grin

I've heard you.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
drlawizle:

Okay..perhaps I dont get your meaning of stereotypes. ?

No, what I mean is that in your previous post everything looks like a quote.
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Why Naija Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Partner. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
MzMariah:
That I can't even explain. I've seen cases where a man will cheat and they will keep saying its normal for a man to cheat but when a woman cheats then they will almost kill her. undecided them no even wan hear at all.

There are things that can never change and this is an example of it. A man will cheat on his wife and if his wife cheats on him then..........

I don't pray for a cheating partner sha o.
Things don change ooo.If the man cheats,the woman also gets disgusted too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / Wife Dumps Her Son, Empties Husband's Shops, Elopes With School Boyfriend / Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.