Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child (84772 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
onoja12:
every story has two sides and as far as i'm concerned i have only heard one,secondly the child does not belong to only you,it belongs to the father and the mother in that order as Africans,so please dont think uk law applies in nigeria.if you have a problem with his family,i advice you go and mend fences not come online
this child probably has UK papers, which makes English law pretty much relevant undecided
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

@bold

It actually is.
I just wanted to see how you will talk yourself out of it.

Don't throw bricks when you live in a glass house. wink

Well, I don't live in a glass house - and I'm permanently domiciled in a mud house like the ancient men.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
SirShymex:

Well, I don't live in a glass house - and I'm permanently domiciled in a mud house like the ancient men.

Ok, so this is why you didn't want to return home for the night. cheesy
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by semitunde: 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

onila, she's a bïtch?
put yourself in her shoes - what they did to her was wrong? why not take her to court & let the court decide who should take custody of the child?

they took law into their own hands, stole a baby across the borders, left the mother in grief and you are calling her a bïtch? there must be something else you are not telling us. are you sure you are not sleeping with the babydaddy?

and theirs would be conducive?
ebola alone would make the judge think twice not to now talk of FGM, tribal marks, child marriage, etc. it's a long shot.......no judge would buy such nonsense.

Stop it. I live in Nigeria. grin cool
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Ok, so this is why you didn't want to return home for the night. cheesy

Nah, when the night falls, I always transform to the brother to the night. And I get poetic like Love Jones, so you should know why they have no choice than to tell me to come sleep over. undecided
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
SirShymex:

Nah, when the night falls, I always transform to the brother to the night. And I get poetic like Love Jones, so you should know why they have no choice than to tell me to come sleep over. undecided

@bold

In this case, it's all your fault. tongue
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by itstpia1: 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
this child probably has UK papers, which makes English law pretty much relevant undecided

the child doesnt have UK papers unless one of the parents is a British citizen.

or unless the grandma is British?
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2014
itstpia1:

if the child was born in britain, she is british by birth. Ordinary common sense
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

@bold

In this case, it's all your fault. tongue

Lol, you definitely can't make this up. Trying to bring feminism into it through the back door, are we?

So, it's basically my fault for selling a dream to willing buyers, no? I thought people only buy what they want/need.

Anyway, like I told BananaBender a few days ago, you lot need to spend your excessive testosterone on trying to emulate Alice Walker and Angela Davis (real strong black women). Rather than keep disturbing decent people with your utopian junk.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by itstpia1: 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
if the child was born in britain, she is british by birth. Ordinary common sense

being born in the UK does not confer "British" on the child.

kindly reduce your aggressiveness and use your time to look up these basic facts before fighting.

2 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
onila:
I know this family very well

leave them alone

the Ehiemeres are a very well educated family

the grandmother is actually not from Nigeria but from the Island of Barbados in the Caribbean but married an Igbo man
and moved to Nigeria

they made a mistake but dont deserve this kind of publicity
kidnap is a small crime that doesn't deserve publicity? Very educated people don't act this foolishly in case you didn't know.

3 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by onila(f): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mrs Anne, E. .We will make sure, we will save you from that of-emanu b1tch n her wahala! angry

i

2 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
itstpia1:

being born in the UK does not confer "British" on the child.

kindly reduce your aggressiveness and use your time to look up these basic facts before fighting.
you can become a citizen by birth or by operation of law. Kindly update yourself on British nationality law, before u just start posting anyhow

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
you can become a citizen by birth or by operation of law.

Lmao...wiki lied to you! grin
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by coogar: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
itstpia1:

the crime was committed in britain, british laws apply.

Mondisweets:
you can become a citizen by birth or by operation of law. Kindly update yourself on British nationality law, before u just start posting anyhow

only if at least one of the parents is british when the child was born. automatic citizenship for any child born in britain has been outlawed since 1983.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by crackhaus: 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
undecided
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao...wiki lied to you! grin
so tell me why many nigerian women fly to the US and UK to give birth to their children there, if its not for that child to get citizenship there? undecided
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by itstpia1: 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:

madam, are you reading what people are posting here or you're just determined to type?

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

only if at least one of the parents is british when the child was born. automatic citizenship for any child born in britain has been outlawed since 1983.
or if the mother is settled in the UK
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by coogar: 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
so tell me why many nigerian women fly to the US and UK to give birth to their children there, if its not for that child to get citizenship there? undecided

they fly to the US for citizenship.
they fly to the UK to take advantage of the free medical service(NHS)

Mondisweets:
or if the mother is settled in the UK

if the mother is settled in the UK but she's without a british passport, the child does not become british until the mother gets a passport or until the child becomes 7.......and the child must live in the UK throughout the entire period of that 7 years to qualify.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:

Well, I know Nigerians do a lot of ridiculous things. But I'm not psychic, so I can't tell you.

However, you have got internet access. Just use google for a legit search, not wiki.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by itstpia1: 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

here's the official document on international abductions:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/265613/Int_Child_Abduction_1113_AW.pdf

if the child is a Nigerian citizen, then the case is not straightforward.

If the grandma is carribean, depending on their laws, the child could also be a carribean national.

all these need to be defined legally and no, it does not solve the issue if abduction is claimed.

the mother also has to provide the child's name, age, date of birth, passport details, nationality.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
itstpia1:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/265613/Int_Child_Abduction_1113_AW.pdf

If the grandma is carribean, depending on their laws, the child could also be a carribean national.

all these need to be defined legally and no, it does not solve the issue of whether the child was abducted or not.

the mother also has to provide the child's name, age, date of birth, passport details, nationality.

The case is straightforward.

The kid is a minor, and a UK resident, with a mum (guardian) who's also most likely a legal resident in the UK.

It's a crime and it was committed in the UK. So, the woman can't escape it. They'll find her and when they do, she's fvcked.

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

they fly to the US for citizenship.
they fly to the UK to take advantage of the free medical service(NHS)

if the mother is settled in the UK but she's without a british passport, the child does not become british until the mother gets a passport or until the child becomes 7.......and the child must live in the UK throughout the entire period of that 7 years to qualify.
this is by operation of law, you can also acquire citizenship by birth, if the mother is "legally residing in the UK at the time the child is born, that child can become a citizen. If the mother has a valid visa/permit to stay in the UK the child will qualify.

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
SirShymex:

Well, I know Nigerians do a lot of ridiculous things. But I'm not psychic, so I can't tell you.

However, you have got internet access. Just use google for a legit search, not wiki.

http://www.childrenslegalcentre.com/index.php?page=FAQ_UKBAandgovernmentpolicy_question_12
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by coogar: 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
itstpia1:

all these need to be defined legally and no, it does not solve the issue if abduction is claimed.

the child was taken in the UK, this is why this one is pretty straight forward. finding the name age dob, etc cannot be far-fetched. the hospital she was born would have a copy of the birth record....

Mondisweets:
this is by operation of law, you can also acquire citizenship by birth, if the mother is "legally residing in the UK at the time the child is born, that child can become a citizen. If the mother has a valid visa/permit to stay in the UK the child will qualify.

of course, the child can become a citizen but she's not a citizen at birth. that's the difference here. unlike in the US, any child birthed over there regardless of the status of the parents becomes an automatic citizen from the first breath.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
itstpia1:

madam, are you reading what people are posting here or you're just determined to type?
so if 20 people type Jesus is coming tomorrow, that will automatically become true abi because a couple of people said it undecided
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:

http://www.childrenslegalcentre.com/index.php?page=FAQ_UKBAandgovernmentpolicy_question_12

Le sigh!

We know the dad is Nigerian. However, do you know the immigration status of the mum? Do you know if she's a permanent resident, British, or not? The citizenship of the kid is dependent in that, not just because the kid was born in the UK.

Anyway, the kid is a minor and she has the same privileges.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

the child was taken in the UK, this is why this one is pretty straight forward. finding the name age dob, etc cannot be far-fetched. the hospital she was born would have a copy of the birth record....

of course, the child can become a citizen but she's not a citizen at birth. that's the difference here. unlike in the US, any child birthed over there regardless of the status of the parents becomes an automatic citizen from the first breath.

in the US its irregardless of the status of the parent and in the UK the status of the parent is taken into account. Im assuming this child was given birth to by a woman who was legally residing in UK at that time of birth.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
SirShymex:

Le sigh!

We know the dad is Nigerian. However, do you know the immigration status of the mum? Do you know if she's a permanent resident, British, or not? The citizenship of the kid is dependent in that, not just because the kid was born in the UK.

Anyway, the kid is a minor and she has the same privileges.
didnt i say provided the mother was legally staying in the UK at the time she gave birth to the child?
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by coogar: 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
in the US its irregardless of the status of the parent and in the UK the status of the parent is taken into account. Im assuming this child was given birth to by a woman who was legally residing in UK at that time of birth.

even if the child was born by a woman legally residing in the UK, the child does not become an automatic british citizen.....but the child can later become one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (34) (Reply)

Man Divorces Wife And Marries The Maid In Zambia (Photos) / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.