Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child (84825 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Chinom(m): 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
I have read most of the comments. I really think that Temmy has not given us all the valid info in this case. The Grandma cannot simply walk in and take the child out of UK. However, grandma should'nt have done that. I'm sure she has her reasons.

Methinks that the best solution right now for Temmy is for her to pack her bags and move to PH to be with both her Daughter and Grandma. From what i've read so far, it appears that grandma is capable of taking care of both Temmy and her grandchild. Things could even work out for the best for everybody involved. It's not complulsory for the child to be raised in the UK.

Temmy should relocate to PH. Who knows, she may form a family unit with the father, her daughter and the grandma.

How come none of you commentators thought of this. You all are busy dishing out blames. My suggestion could be a constructive solution to the problem. Grandma and son obviously love the girl. Temmy should join them in PH, Nigeria. Chikena..

3 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

even if the child was born by a woman legally residing in the UK, the child does not become an automatic british citizen.....but the child can later become one.
okay lets put it this way, the child can have a british birth certificate and the child can enjoy the rights and obligations that apply to a british citizen undecided
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
didnt i say provided the mother was legally staying in the UK at the time she gave birth to the child?
Do more of reading than typing, saves you a lot of stress

2 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
okay lets put it this way, the child can have a british birth certificate and the child can enjoy the rights and obligations that apply to a british citizen undecided
You sound confused

3 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by coogar: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2014
Chinom:
I have read most of the comments. I really think that Temmy has not given us all the valid info in this case. The Grandma cannot simply walk in and take the child out of UK. However, grandma should'nt have done that. I'm sure she has her reasons.

what reasons apart from the usual african practice of the family of the father bütting into what is not their concern?

Methinks that the best solution right now for Temmy is for her to pack her bags and move to PH to be with both her Daughter and Grandma. From what i've read so far, it appears that grandma is capable of taking care of both Temmy and her grandchild. Things could even work out for the best for everybody involved. It's not complulsory for the child to be raised in the UK.

not a chance - she should let interpol deal with the matter. nigeria is the easiest place to have the grandma arrested. for as little as £1,000, a family member would rat her out.

Temmy should relocate to PH. Who knows, she may form a family unit with the father, her daughter and the grandma.

relocating to PH does not guarantee she would get her child back. i don't trust that grandma an inch.

How come none of you commentators thought of this. You all are busy dishing out blames. My suggestion could be a constructive solution to the problem. Grandma and son obviously love the girl. Temmy should join them in PH, Nigeria. Chikena..

grandma is a criminal & she should be treated as one. the only constructive solution is to get grandma arrested. 3 days in a police cell in nigeria would break her resolve.

that child needs to be brought back to britain asap!

5 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
didnt i say provided the mother was legally staying in the UK at the time she gave birth to the child?

Staying legally in the UK has so many categories. And I'm sure you saw where the link you referenced clearly stated, "Indefinite leave to remain" a la permanent resident. She might be a student, or just on any type of visa, who knows? Read carefully next time.

BTW, how come most of you feminists in this section can't even engage people cerebrally, without emotional impulses that always make you lot look unimpressive? You have a "soulglo" who couldn't debate a topic, and had to switch to ad hominem, questioning my manhood, and telling me I'm between age 16-22 - what insolence. A "BananaBender," my e-friend for life who has been going through some crisis of late. A "carefreewannabe" who dwells in idealism and asking redundant questions. And now you? - I'm not impressed. Step ya game up! undecided
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by coogar: 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:

the child can have a british birth certificate but she will need a visa to travel to most places since she doesn't hold a british passport.

within the confines of britain, she enjoys all the rights & obligations that apply to citizens but that's where it ends for the child.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by itstpia1: 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Chinom:

the son actually seems to be in canada.

so its far more likely the "grandma" took the child there, in any case, she would be just as likely to go to canada as nigeria or barbados.

and yes, canada is visa free for her.

besides, its very doubtful she'd be able to hide the child in PH.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by bournvita: 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
in the US its irregardless of the status of the parent and in the UK the status of the parent is taken into account. Im assuming this child was given birth to by a woman who was legally residing in UK at that time of birth.

Parent Legally residing in Britain at time of birth does not automatically give a child citizenship. A student on a student visa or temporary skilled workers working in Britain are all legally residing in the UK. If anyone from the above category(amongst others) has a child in the UK the child goes under their parents visa status-they do not become automatic citizens like in the U.S. or Canada.

For your child to be a British citizen by birth automatically, one of the child's parents must be a permanent resident or citizen
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
SirShymex:

Staying legally in the UK has so many categories. And I'm sure you saw where the link you referenced clearly stated, "Indefinite leave to remain" a la permanent resident. She might be a student, or just on any type of visa, who knows? Read carefully next time.

BTW, how come most of you feminists in this section can't even engage people cerebrally, without emotional impulses that always make you lot look unimpressive? You have a "soulglo" who couldn't debate a topic, and had to switch to ad hominem, questioning my manhood, and telling me I'm between age 16-22 - what insolence. A "BananaBender," my e-friend for life who has been going through some crisis of late. A "carefreewannabe" who dwells in idealism and asking redundant questions. And now you? - I'm not impressed. Step ya game up! undecided
you are the one diverting from the topic to discuss other people who have nothing to do with the issue at hand, and for some reason you don't see how emotionally impulsive you are? undecided
Anyway, i highly disagree with soulglo, you are probably between 5-12 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by bournvita: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
What a woman. What is the child's mother doing about this legally? This is kidnapping
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
you are the one diverting from the topic to discuss other people who have nothing to do with the issue at hand, and for some reason you don't see how emotionally impulsive you are? undecided

Lmao...that's not emotional. That's stating the obvious about a trait synonymous with folks I've encountered, who dwell in a particular box - diagnosis. grin

Anyway, have you gone back to your own link? Read carefully next time. tongue
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by onoja12: 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
the child both father and mother are born Nigerians,which definitely makes nigerian law equally relevant

Mondisweets:
this child probably has UK papers, which makes English law pretty much relevant undecided
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao...that's not emotional. That's stating the obvious about a trait synonymous with folks I've encountered, who dwell in a particular box - diagnosis. grin

Anyway, have you gone back to your own link? Read carefully next time. tongue
if its not emotional, explain how feminism came into the picture? I edited the previous post, please check it again

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:

Anyway, i highly disagree with soulglo, you are probably between 5-12 grin grin grin

Bwahahahaha

Well Jay Z said, "30 is the new 20" - so you might be close, you just need to take the 12 a bit higher. Forever young! grin
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by coogar: 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
onoja12:
the child both father and mother are born Nigerians,which definitely makes nigerian law equally relevant

how do you know the mother isn't a dual-citizen? even if she's not - the crime was committed on british soil. the grandma broke a law in britain....british law would prosecute her for that regardless of whatever is written in the nigerian constitution.

2 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
if its not emotional, explain how feminism came into the picture? I edited the previous post, please check it again

Refer back to the post about diagnosis. Hit-list! grin

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
SirShymex:

Bwahahahaha

Well Jay Z said, "30 is the new 20" - so you might be close, you just need to take the 12 a bit higher. Forever young! grin
i was talking about your level of intelligence lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
i was talking about your level of intelligence lipsrsealed cheesy

Like the one you just displayed with ya inability to read a link you posted? grin

My IQ is definitely 100 times higher than that. And that's for a guy who doesn't even care about intelligence...an overrated word. I'm just a shrewd and knowledgeable mofo. tongue

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
Ofe_manu and their wahala, breaking families since 1914.

Look at what they did to p-square, a once happy famiy
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
SirShymex:

Like the one you just displayed with ya inability to read a link you posted? grin

My IQ is definitely 100 times higher than that. And that's for a guy who doesn't even care about intelligence...an overrated word. I'm just a shrewd and knowledgeable mofo. tongue
you cannot possibly care about something you don't possess, its quite understandable. grin

mondisweets :
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by itstpia1: 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

how do you know the mother isn't a dual-citizen? even if she's not - the crime was committed on british soil. the grandma broke a law in britain....british law would prosecute her for that regardless of whatever is written in the nigerian constitution.

the daughter is a student, so its likely she came on a student visa.

around 2009 or so.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Chinom(m): 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
itstpia1:

the son actually seems to be in canada.

so its far more likely the "grandma" took the child there, in any case, she would be just as likely to go to canada as nigeria or barbados.

and yes, canada is visa free for her.

besides, its very doubtful she'd be able to hide the child in PH.

Whether Canada or Nigeria, it does not matter. All she needs is a flight ticket. I'm quite sure the granny will welcome her with open arms for the sake of the little girl.
However, the grandma lives in Nigeria. That is the likely place the child will be. From what i read here, the son Izu has finished his studies in Uk and moved back to Nigeria. Temmy should join them.

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by coogar: 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
itstpia1:

the daughter is a student, so its likely she came on a student visa.
around 2009 or so.

if she came in via student visa then she has to be on it for 10 years to qualify for a permanent resident. however, i don't even think her status affects the seriousness of the case. even if she's an illegal citizen, the fact still remains grandma committed a crime & met police would be investigating the matter.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:
you cannot possibly care about something you don't possess, its quite understandable. grin

[author=mondisweets] okay lets put it this way, the child can have a british birth certificate and the child can enjoy the rights and obligations that apply to a british citizen undecided

You just displayed another symptom of what I diagnosed earlier. grin

Well, when you're a shrewd muthaphucka - it encompasses at lot of things, from being sharp, to clever, to astute, to witty, to intelligence etc.. So, it's bigger than just one thing - and intelligence is just one part of the puzzle. Hence I don't like being in just one little overrated box. grin I'm not impressed, Mondi! sad

Where 50calibre at? tongue
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
cococandy:
Even in Nigeria he won't win.
Not in a law court.
Unless he intends for the village elders to judge the case

And yes he kidnapped the child.
grin grin grin
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by onoja12: 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
like i said the mother is a born Nigerian,as for breaking the law,first the child is not yet a british citizen in other words the baby in question is still a Nigerian,so it does not apply,secondly you can't come to Nigeria to try a Nigerian,you first have to pass though the Nigerian courts

coogar:

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by itstpia1: 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
Chinom:

Whether Canada or Nigeria, it does not matter. All she needs is a flight ticket. I'm quite sure the granny will welcome her with open arms for the sake of the little girl.
However, the grandma lives in Nigeria. That is the likely place the child will be. From what i read here, the son Izu has finished his studies in Uk and moved back to Nigeria. Temmy should join them.

she needs to know where the son and grandma actually are, first.

since she was talking of "lots of toys", i'd suspect canada although perhaps onila can tell us more.

second, she also claimed her "little sister" is living with her in the UK.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
SirShymex:

You just displayed another symptom of what I diagnosed earlier. grin

Well, when you're a shrewd muthaphucka - it encompasses at lot of things, from being sharp, to clever, to astute, to witty, to intelligence etc.. So, it's bigger than just one thing - and intelligence is just one part of the puzzle. Hence I don't like being in just one little overrated box. grin I'm not impressed, Mondi! sad

Where 50calibre at? tongue

you should know where your own girlfriend is, don't ask me.
You are the one who sounds like a 12year old girl on her first period right now grin
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:

You are the one who sounds like 12year old girl on her first period right now grin

Lmao...just trying to help you locate ya e-husband with the birdcall. grin Mondi Mondi!

Anyway, enough tutoring for now - back to the topic. I hope you understand everything involved in British citizenship now?

Also, can you see how women are their own worst enemies? The nan vs. her son's baby mum - classic example of how women are their own worst enemies.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by coogar: 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
onoja12:
like i said the mother is a born Nigerian,as for breaking the law,first the child is not yet a british citizen in other words the baby in question is still a Nigerian,so it does not apply,secondly you can't come to Nigeria to try a Nigerian,you first have to pass though the Nigerian courts

so you are saying any child can be stolen from her mother in the UK cos that child is not yet a citizen? grin cheesy you need to go out more....even if mother & child are illegal citizens, a crime was committed by granny. illegal immigrants have rights too & the law must protect them.

as for nigerian courts, i laugh in portugese. nigeria is the easiest place to get the baby. just motivate few mobile police unit & the child would be produced. do you know the number of criminals the foreign authorities have caught in nigeria with little or no effort?

the poverty in that country means that nothing is impossible. that child would be brought back without the case going to any court. for the nigerian police, it's all about money & met police would have plenty of cash to throw around to impress their superiors here.

2 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by coogar: 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mondisweets:

You are the one who sounds like 12year old girl on her first period right now grin

i am starting to think mondi & the ijebu prince are crushing on each other. grin

can you lovebirds get a room, please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (34) (Reply)

Man Divorces Wife And Marries The Maid In Zambia (Photos) / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.