Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,442 members, 7,826,701 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives (37307 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
i dont even understand the issue

Are people saying alakija made her money legit

or is that the topic is a generalisation about ALL women

whats the issue
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by cococandy(f): 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ok. I believe you.

There's no need for fighting.

Let's make peace.
Hugs her kiss
sandijey:

The ones I no can be most too! tongue
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by swezenberg(m): 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
Acidosis:

Before the wrath of God locate me, first, it will strike those engage in the act and all supporters.

If you have eyes, you'd notice I made an inference. What you should be asking for is source.

I'm not surprised, even those who steal public funds have suddenly become saints because we have no video evidence indicating the act of looting.

Ofcourse we are not in a sane society grin Wonder why a man "dash" a woman oil bloc and no one called for deeper investigations... Your society is clueless. An actress cheats on her man, and everyone is asking for my head for stating the obvious. This society is NOT sane.

What do you think our society will be like if we all start raising all kinds of allegations. If I said you were the one that murdered Dele Giwa whereas you were not even there. The fact that these things happen does not mean we should now start generalizing. So if any woman rises in Nigeria, she must have slept with all the men. Then going by your assumptions Dora must have walked her way up there by sleeping with all Tom Dick and Harry, same with Okonjo Iweala. Well I have met ladies with principle who have become so successful without compromising their belief and principles. To you it may be difficult to believe. I also share the fact that you've lost hope in the present Nigeria of today. From within you, I know you are not very sure she obtained the oil block by sleeping around. Just that it appears so weird. Let us consider this analogy. Lets assume I am the President and I become so ill having tried orthodox medicine and a lady working for me found solution to this ailment. I can give her more than oil block. What will people think, ofcourse that she slept with me. There are many instances why people act in various ways that we both don't know. You could be right about your allegation and you could be wrong but I'm sure you are not 100 percent sure for that reason, you can not accuse her on a public forum.

3 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by koyyess: 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
pickabeau1:
i dont even understand the issue

Are people saying alakija made her money legit

or is that the topic is a generalisation about ALL women

whats the issue
I'll allow creatures here who are intimidated by successful women answer that because really, I see no reason why that name has to come up. grin

3 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
koyyess:

I'll allow creatures here who are intimidated by successful women answer that because really, I see no reason why that name has to come up. grin

Do you know how alakija got her oil bloc allocation

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
cococandy:
Ok. I believe you.

There's no need for fighting.

Let's make peace.
Hugs her kiss

Am sorry for the other comments. No bad blood. Hugs. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by ElekeNtioba: 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2014
Aggrippa:
my gosh...oh please my EaRs are hurting...its Enough

LOL which part...is it d 'punnany' or d 'fresh or fairly-used' ??
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by adorable29(f): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2014
When will this local Nigeria cave men understand that this is the 21st century and women of this generation are smart, intelligent, powerful, bold, outspoken, and can excel in virtually all areas of life?!

When will this 17th century homosapiens realise that the days of patriarchy is almost fading out and women have come to prove to the world that they can no longer be relegated to the kitchen and if given the right condition and equal opportunity to strive, are just as good if not better than the men!

Wake up guys and look around your immediate environment, not necessarily globally! Look at your clasmates infact. Look at that girl that is gonna come out with a first class while you the man is struggling with a pass! Isn't that enough reason for you to know that a woman can be successful without sleeping with a man?!

Make una go buy sense, abeg...

Anyway, my comment is not necessarily for the OP! Its for the mofos displaying their low IQ on this thread!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

Do you know how alakija got her oil bloc allocation
A fraction- but that's all i know about that because i was not there to witness what happened before the dotted lines were signed. Some people can be that lucky/favored. It does not always have to come to sex and even if that were the case, valid proof should be presented. Otherwise, the person and intension of the accuser will be questioned.

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Acidosis(m): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
swezenberg:

What do you think our society will be like if we all start raising all kinds of allegations. If I said you were the one that murdered Dele Giwa whereas you were not even there. The fact that these things happen does not mean we should now start generalizing. So if any woman rises in Nigeria, she must have slept with all the men. Then going by your assumptions Dora must have walked her way up there by sleeping with all Tom Dick and Harry, same with Okonjo Iweala. Well I have met ladies with principle who have become so successful without compromising their belief and principles. To you it may be difficult to believe. I also share the fact that you've lost hope in the present Nigeria of today. From within you, I know you are not very sure she obtained the oil block by sleeping around. Just that it appears so weird. Let us consider this analogy. Lets assume I am the President and I become so ill having tried orthodox medicine and a lady working for me found solution to this ailment. I can give her more than oil block. What will people think, ofcourse that she slept with me. There are many instances why people act in various ways that we both don't know. You could be right about your allegation and you could be wrong but I'm sure you are not 100 percent sure for that reason, you can not accuse her on a public forum.

How will you feel if i tell you General Sani Abacha didn't loot the nation's fund?

How will you feel if I tell you boko haram wants the success of Nigeria?

If you must discard my allegations (with sources), then you should also discard all the accusations levelled against your politicians. Afterall some of us never met Abacha (physically).
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Acidosis(m): 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
adorable29:
When will this local Nigeria cave men understand that this is the 21st century and women of this generation are smart, intelligent, powerful, bold, outspoken, and can excel in virtually all areas of life?!

When will this 17th century homosapiens realise that the days of patriarchy is almost fading out and women have come to prove to the world that they can no longer be relegated to the kitchen and if given the right condition and equal opportunity to strive, are just as good if not better than the men!

Wake up guys and look around your immediate environment, not necessarily globally! Look at your clasmates infact. Look at that girl that is gonna come out with a first class while you the man is struggling with a pass! Isn't that enough reason for you to know that a woman can be successful without sleeping with a man?!

Make una go buy sense, abeg...

Anyway, my comment is not necessarily for the OP! Its for the mofos displaying their low IQ on this thread!

Shameless woman; no one is saying ALL women use s. ex for success. Are you really du. mb? or is this post of yours a mistake?
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by adorable29(f): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
Acidosis:

How will you feel if i tell you General Sani Abacha didn't loot the nation's fund?

How will you feel if I tell you boko haram wants the success of Nigeria?

If you must discard my allegations (with sources), then you should also discard all the accusations levelled against your politicians. Afterall some of us never met Abacha (physically).

Wow! What kind of wasped logic are you using?

Boko haram, success? My 4year old cousin who sees blood and shattered bodies on TV from boko's bomb blast will answer your question!

Abacha's looting at least has more logic but there are physical documents to prove that one at least.

So what's your proof Prof Dora slept are way to the top? Used condoms!

My friend, I use to respect you on this forum but now, well.....

4 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Acidosis(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
adorable29:

Boko haram, success? My 4year old cousin who sees blood and shattered bodies on TV from boko's bomb blast will answer your question!

and Abacha's loot? Please show us videos
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Acidosis(m): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2014
Some people are funny:

Not many brave women will relate their success with their past relationships with men. It is always about her and her husband. If you think a succesful woman will tell FORBES about her se. xcapades in college, nysc camp, community; y'all had better wake up

More importantly, you guys need to stop misquoting me. THAT SOME DO IT DOESN'T MEAN ALL DID IT. As regards the name calling, I'm surprised no one asked for source; yet y'all want my head rolling on the floor.

Anyway, I don try.. End of Story!
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by adorable29(f): 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
Acidosis:

Shameless woman; no one is saying ALL women use s. ex for success. Are you really du. mb? or is this post of yours a mistake?

Hmmm! Did I hit a nerve?! Well, I hope I educated you a little. I really don't trade insults with guys like you. You don't seem intelligent enough for me to waste my time on. I am impatient with men whose IQ is 0.000001 and below.

Shallom dear!

2 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
koyyes:

A fraction- but that's all i know about that because i was not there to witness what happened before the dotted lines were signed.Some people can be that lucky/favored. It does not always have to come to sex and even if that were the case, valid proof should be presented. Otherwise, the person and intension of the accuser will be questioned.

ok.. so you do not know how her oil bloc was gotten

What do you mean by some people are lucky or favoured

What sort of favor will enable someone who was an associate of the former First Lady get access to own an oil bloc

Yet you are defending the person vehemently..

2 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Acidosis(m): 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
adorable29:

Abacha's looting at least has more logic but there are physical documents to prove that one at least.

So what's your proof Prof Dora slept are way to the top? Used condoms!

My friend, I use to respect you on this forum but now, well.....

You don't need to respect me.

Mind you, I have never mentioned the name DORA This month (ONLINE OR OFFLINE).
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
koyyes:

A fraction- but that's all i know about that because i was not there to witness what happened before the dotted lines were signed. Some people can be that lucky/favored. It does not always have to come to sex and even if that were the case, valid proof should be presented. Otherwise, the person and intension of the accuser will be questioned.

What sort of favor will enable someone who was an associate of the former First Lady get access to own an oil bloc

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Fourwinds: 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
sandijey:

You really don't need to argue wiv this people. I have said it several times on this forum. I talk based on personal experience. Nobody has to agree. They think one sidedly and assume the world revolves around their understanding. The Nigeria I no, does not favour hardworking women. At a time, her hard work will not speak for her but her moral standing. This is where many fall by the way side but because people knew this women to be brilliant and hardworking. People assume that it is what got her there. The country is not favourable to women. We have always been at the receiving end. This is not to say women cannot be successful wiv out the input of any man. Like I said earlier it is easy for me to believe a successful woman that comes from a successful home( parental influence and wealth) than for me to believe a woman who went from grass to grace
as a result of harsh environment

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

So what's your point? That she was an associate of the former first lady does not mean someone bedded her before she became successful. What do i mean by luck/favor? please define luck/favor, let me know if i have poor choice of words.

3 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2014
koyyes:

So what's your point? That she was and associate of the former first lady does not mean someone bedded her before she became successful. What do i mean by luck/favor? please define luck/favor, let me know if i have poor choice of words.

Leave the bedding aside madam.. calm down

I ask you agauin

What type of luck or favor will make someone get an oil bloc allocation
Do you think it is normal

Why that person
Does the person have the money to pay the signature bonus..etc

What do you think

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

Leave the bedding aside madam.. calm down

I ask you agauin

What type of luck or favor will make someone get an oil bloc allocation
Do you think it is normal

Why that person
Does the person have the money to pay the signature bonus..etc

What do you think
I don't think anything because it's not my job to start questioning the success of everyone especially women. And even if i find my self doing so,i can't just wake up,come to nairaland and start making demeaning statements about them- atleast,not to that level when i don't have evidence.

3 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
koyyes:

I don't think anything because it's not my job to start questioning the success of everyone especially women. And even if i find my self doing so,i can't just wake up,come to nairaland and start making demeaning statements about them- atleast,not to that level when i don't have evidence.

Fair enough

You still have not answered the q

How did a woman who was a stylist and confidant of Maryam Babangida has an oil bloc allocation which is now worth billions

Interesting eh
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

Fair enough

You still have not answered the q

How did a woman who was a stylist and confidant of Maryam Babangida has an oil bloc allocation which is now worth billions

Interesting eh
ok, please enlighten me.
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
koyyes:

ok, please enlighten me.

the lawd knows...

As u said favour...

grin grin grin grin

favour ......
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

the lawd knows...

As u said favour...

grin grin grin grin

favour ......
ohoooooo,loooooool. You see say even you no sabi as the matter take happen. If we just leave people to inculcate the habbit of accusing women any how,every woman including our mothers,sisters,auntys and daughters will be given demeaning names because they have 5 kobo in their purse. We've passed that stage abeg, let's behave civilized.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 7:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
koyyes:

ohoooooo,loooooool. You see say even you no sabi as the matter take happen. If we just leave people to inculcate the habbit of accusing women any how,every woman including our mothers,sisters,auntys and daughters will be given demeaning names because they have 5 kobo in their purse. We've passed that stage abeg, let's behave civilized.

So you see that the matter is not as simple as u made when u came in
You were not happy about the tone of the post... address that.. the content may not be wrong...

This favour that just happened to land on alakija and gave her oil bloc

This favour that just happened to land on etteh and gave her speaker of the house

This favour .....

ok

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

So you see that the matter is not as simple as u made when u came in
You were not happy about the tone of the post... address that.. the content may not be wrong...

This favour that just happened to land on alakija and gave her oil bloc

This favour that just happened to land on etteh and gave her speaker of the house

This favour .....

ok

I didn't disagree with the op's post. I only praised a guy- a guy oo, who expressed that the post is one sided.At a point, women need the influence of men to succeed just as men will need a woman's influence to succeed. Or do you want to discredit your mum's(for example) influence on where you are today? haba!

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 8:02pm On Oct 09, 2014
Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by pickabeau1: 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
koyyes:

I didn't disagree with the op's post. I only praised a guy- a guy oo, who expressed that the post is one sided.At a point, women need the influence of men to succeed just as men will need a woman's influence to succeed. Or do you want to discredit your mum's(for example) influence on where you are today? haba!

Haba.. i did not see any issue with the post
What he said is not all 'successful' women got to the top through hardwork and integrity
This of course applies to the men also

Even another poster sandijey spoke of the sexism which pervades the upper echelons of certain sectors and she was shouted down
She actually raised the best post in my opinion
She identified the sexism as the issue. Some women are actually qualified for higher responsibility but will be stuck because they dont want to compromise their standard.. Some eventually go through but the reality is that most will compromise

It is not only unique to naija but it can be worse here as discrimination lawsuits can be filed abroad

There are men who made it to the top the right way... there are those who did not
There are women who made it to the top the right way... there are those who did not

A mums influence on a child may not be the best barometer of success to determine how successful a woman is

Im sure Ma Baker was a good mum to her kids.

1 Like

Re: Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

Haba.. i did not see any issue with the post
What he said is not all 'successful' women got to the top through hardwork and integrity
This of course applies to the men also

Even another poster sandijey spoke of the sexism which pervades the upper echelons of certain sectors and she was shouted down
She actually raised the best post in my opinion
She identified the sexism as the issue. Some women are actually qualified for higher responsibility but will be stuck because they dont want to compromise their standard.. Some eventually go through but the reality is that most will compromise

It is not only unique to naija but it can be worse here as discrimination lawsuits can be filed abroad

There are men who made it to the top the right way... there are those who did not
There are women who made it to the top the right way... there are those who did not

A mums influence on a child may not be the best barometer of success to determine how successful a woman is

Im sure Ma Baker was a good mum to her kids.

I only used the mums influence as an example. I kind of feel we are not talking about the same person here- whose post do you think i disagree with?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? / Man Sues Wife For Receiving Phone Calls At Odd Hours / Woman And Her Husband Side Chick Battle On Whatsapp Chat (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.