Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend (3799 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by bustyhelen(f): 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
Hi fellow Nairalanders.

I need a help.

My guy and I have been dating for about 2 years now. He's 29 while am 24. I once shared how we met in one of the threads where I commented sometime ago.

My guy is tall, a bit plumpy, fair and handsome. He finished his M.sc last year in the UK.
He is everything I want. But he has a major flaw. He's always shy despite all her exposure. He said he likes me so much bcs am outspoken.

He told me he is ready for marriage. He has told me he wants to tell me something like 3 occasions. But each time I come, he would start mumbling.
I told him to open up, he said he doesn't know how to say it. My mind told me he wanna propose.
I am considering helping him out by proposing to him since am not the shy type and since we love each other.

So I need tips on how to go about it so that he wouldn't be embarrassed. But am convinced that's exactly what he wants.

Let me summarize how we met.

Each time I come back from my base in Cotonou, I do see him around our street. What made me notice him was the way he always stared at me . Then the day I caught him starring at my chest, he became shy and uncomfortable. I seized the opportunity to chat him up. I asked him y he's always starring at me. And the rest is now history.

So should I go ahead and propose or do I simply ignore him since he's not man enough to do the proposal.

Your useful contributions are welcomed. Pls no insults ooo. Thanxx
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by datguru: 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
call me lets talk, I will tell you how
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
Its as simple as this my dear grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by klodike(m): 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
And here Is the number to call 08095678104

1 Like

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by agarawu23(m): 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
first of all, am happy for your agegrin u r not like nkechi who is now unmarried at the age of 40 with her heavily make up day after day.

why should u propose to a guy? dats d job of we guys ok? because we knw wat we want.

the poor guy can still b screening u with other gals to c which is best.

are u sure u worth house material?

hope your market neva turn black market? if yes be expecting d best from him, if no, find ur square root and join bunmi in my street who av tasted all d whole guys on NL and FB.

is the guy following u on NL? if yes, this ur nickname cant make him propose. if no, turn a good life and repent, after then expect the best.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
^ the repent part got me laughing. gringringrin
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
bustyhelen:
Hi fellow Nairalanders.

I need a help.

My guy and I have been dating for about 2 years now. He's 29 while am 24. I once shared how we met in one of the threads where I commented sometime ago.

My guy is tall, a bit plumpy, fair and handsome. He finished his M.sc last year in the UK.
He is everything I want. But he has a major flaw. He's always shy despite all her exposure. He said he likes me so much bcs am outspoken.

He told me he is ready for marriage. He has told me he wants to tell me something like 3 occasions. But each time I come, he would start mumbling.
I told him to open up, he said he doesn't know how to say it. My mind told me he wanna propose.
I am considering helping him out by proposing to him since am not the shy type and since we love each other.

So I need tips on how to go about it so that he wouldn't be embarrassed. But am convinced that's exactly what he wants.

Let me summarize how we met.

Each time I come back from my base in Cotonou, I do see him around our street. What made me notice him was the way he always stared at me . Then the day I caught him starring at my chest, he became shy and uncomfortable. I seized the opportunity to chat him up. I asked him y he's always starring at me. And the rest is now history.

So should I go ahead and propose or do I simply ignore him since he's not man enough to do the proposal.

Your useful contributions are welcomed. Pls no insults ooo. Thanxx

When he is in a good mood...
You can pop up a question like,what does the future hold for both of you ¿

From his answer,comes your next decision to take.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by agarawu23(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Vessi:
^ the repent part got me laughing. gringringrin
grin grin grin
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by farano(f): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
Like seriously
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by Harmthe(m): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
u dnt need dis cuz ur mum hate dis

1 Like

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by jnrbayano(m): 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
agarawu23:
first of all, am happy for your agegrin u r not like nkechi who is now unmarried at the age of 40 with her heavily make up day after day.

why should u propose to a guy? dats d job of we guys ok? because we knw wat we want.

the poor guy can still b screening u with other gals to c which is best.

are u sure u worth house material?

hope your market neva turn black market? if yes be expecting d best from him, if no, find ur square root and join bunmi in my street who av tasted all d whole guys on NL and FB.

is the guy following u on NL? if yes, this ur nickname cant make him propose. if no, turn a good life and repent, after then expect the best.

What type of advice is this?

cheesycheesy
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by jnrbayano(m): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2014
If you dare propose to him you are finished.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by agarawu23(m): 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
jnrbayano:

cheesycheesy
bro, even me gan begin piss for body wen I read wetin I write grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by ivyy(f): 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
Does he seem ready to you?
Are you 99.999999% sure that's wat he wants?
Even if his shy to pop the question, if truly he has you in his plans , he is more likely to talk to you in a way that sugest that.
Eg wanting to meet your fam, talking about future plans that includes you both being together, wanting the best of the future for you both, aspiring to be a good husby for you etc. Its a no brainer

Another important question is, is he finacially ready?
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
ivyy:
Even if his shy to pop the question, if truly he has you in his plans , he is more likely to talk to you in a way that sugest that.
Eg wanting to meet your fam, talking about future plans that includes you both being together, wanting the best of the future for you both, aspiring to be a good husby for you etc. Its a no brainer

ivvyy what did I do to u,u don't even look my side,,abeg forgive me nah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by ivyy(f): 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
Unibenstudent:
ivvyy what did I do to u,u don't even look my side,,abeg forgive me nah

Oya sorry
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by klodike(m): 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
That is the type of advice that causes low self esteem in fact it's not and advice but a criticism
jnrbayano:

cheesycheesy
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by klodike(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
U didn't see whr it's stated d dude claims he is ready for marriage. My guess she asked him out, so she wuld continue to be d BOYFRIEND/MAN in that relationship.
ivyy:

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
ivyy:

Oya sorry
I should be saying sorry to u ,is like I have offended u in times past,so am I forgiven?
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by Afrok(m): 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
U are not in his mind so stop assuming for him, what if he wants to tell U the worst thing(s) U wouldn't want to hear? Abeg free the guy, when he's ready or wants U to be his wife he'll propose to U, abii wetin pesin fit dey shy for when saying WILL YOU MARRY ME? We both know U won't even allow him to finish before u'll shout YES! YES! YES! I win (sorry, I will) undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by FatCock: 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
DON'T..

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by philantoxx(m): 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
if he rejects kai..will b devastating o
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by Dygeasy(m): 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by Dygeasy(m): 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
lol! A man that's not man enough to pop the question isn't a man/husband material at all.

And here, I don't see a shy man. I only can imagine a girl jumping up and down like a monkey/rabbit (whichever you like) trying to outrun her shadow. Didn't you chat him up the first time you two ever talked?

Wait sef, you've dated for how long?

1 Like

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by LadyCaty(f): 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2014
Don't try it
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by iebanehita(m): 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2014
You can propose indirectly via ..

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by konos(f): 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
There are two thgs u can do;
1) propose to him
2) go to God in prayers (whether u are Muslim or christian) ask God to make him proppse . seriously, u should give him time. U are still young no rush. He might turn out not so cuty after marriage : grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by Deepfreezer(m): 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
op you actually made me Lol. well if he ain't man enuff to propose why force it?
secondly you sounded ao desperate and considering da fact he is a rich kid you want to turn tradition upside down.
Mariah careh is older and richer even more famous than Nick Cannon. but he proposed and married her.
PLS DONT DO THIS.

1 Like

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by tobiboss(m): 9:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
Afrok:
U are not in his mind so stop assuming for him, what if he wants to tell U the worst thing(s) U wouldn't want to hear? Abeg free the guy, when he's ready or wants U to be his wife he'll propose to U, abii wetin pesin fit dey shy for when saying WILL YOU MARRY ME? We both know U won't even allow him to finish before u'll shout YES! YES! YES! I win (sorry, I will) undecided
**falls from okada**
Hahahahahahahagrin grin
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by adegwurulez(m): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
Simple, when watching that barca vs madrid uefa champions league final match and messi gets a penalty at the last minute of extra time, pick up the remote and get ready for action.

Now here comes the hard part. with your right hand on the remote and left on the ring, scream 'marry me or i'll off this T.v".

Trust me this works like magic, its either he says yes or he slaps you. I'm hoping it'll be the former though.

5 Likes

Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by mecussey(m): 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
sorry to say this OP...but you actually need this maga for some selfish reasons.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Propose To My Boyfriend by Afrok(m): 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
tobiboss:
**falls from okada**
Hahahahahahahagrin grin
cheesy... Helps him up, dust his trouser, checks for minor wounds (nothing), starts his Okada (working), helps him climb his Okada, he rides on. Looks left and right, road is free and he crosses the road too grin.

After falling from Okada, thank God he didn't break his heart (oops... His leg) hopefully op's heart won't be broken too.

U too much bro... One love wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

TESTED: A way to make her fall in love with you the more / 11 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women In The World / 7 Things That Attract Girls In Guys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.