Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. (20233 Views)

Dialectics Of Violence And Morality / An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. / Violence And Christianity Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Tallesty1(m): 12:15am On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:
Tallesty1 please, you don't have to reply any comment that's quite antagonizing.

Don't feel compelled to.

Please.

It's not worth it.
Trust me.
Owk...

I ain't saying nothing again.

It is past 12 ma, you ought to be sleeping alreadygrin

tomorrow is not Saturday
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by traware(m): 12:29am On Oct 17, 2014
Tallesty1:
Now read your comment and tell me the difference between you and the founder of boko-harm. Everyone thinks the other who doesn't share thesame belief is a fool. And yet atheists claim they have been liberated.

Atheists reading your comment will be really disappointed in you.

I'm a semi-illiterate, slave minded and a fool because I'm a Christian. I lol'd.

If only you know whom you are quoting, tbh you wouldn't have wasted those insults.

I have something to tell you but that will be on your 18th birthday.

Grow up son.
Quit digressing gaddamn it!!!You did not tackle any of the points I raised yet you're trying to portray yourself like some debonair Frenchman and tell me to 'grow up' inorder to sound what?Matured?To impress who?Your teeny- bopper ar.se wipers from the romance section?By the way,in your small-mind 'other atheists will be disappointed in me'?Why?Atheists have become a group/movement?With leaders and followers?Atheists are all thesame?My views now represents the views of other atheists and aren't mine alone?Young man,you're in way over your head.Better run back to the romance section with your tail in-between your legs.Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Tallesty1(m): 12:36am On Oct 17, 2014
traware:
Quit digressing gaddamn it!!!You did not tackle any of the points I raised yet you're trying to portray yourself like some debonair Frenchman and tell me to 'grow up' inorder to sound what?Matured?To impress who?Your teeny- bopper ar.se wipers from the romance section?By the way,in your small-mind 'other atheists will be disappointed in me'?Why?Atheists have become a group/movement?With leaders and followers?Atheists are all thesame?My views now represents the views of other atheists and aren't mine alone?Young man,you're in way over your head.Better run back to the romance section with your tail in-between your legs.Nonsense
gringringringrin.

Space your comment bro...

Anyone reading what you just posted would think your keypad has asthma
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by traware(m): 12:59am On Oct 17, 2014
Tallesty1:
gringringringrin.

Space your comment bro...

Anyone reading what you just posted would think your keypad has asthma
More digressive tactics...continue cherry-picking my posts and dodging their main points.'If only you know who I'm quoting' Do you, Tallesty know who you're quoting?Who are you but just another big-boned,groundnut-sized brained,6 ft 8 dummy?You are pathetic...intellectually inept clown
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

OK...fair enough.....at least you are not a religious bigot...lol

I really want to know how a belief in God can be bridged to one that calls Him a pie in the sky.

grin Lol @ pie in the sky.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 6:28am On Oct 17, 2014
Tallesty1:
Owk...

I ain't saying nothing again.

It is past 12 ma, you ought to be sleeping alreadygrin

tomorrow is not Saturday

Owkk
cool
Good morning smiley
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Tallesty1(m): 7:14am On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

Owkk
cool
Good morning smiley
Morning............

How are you?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 7:30am On Oct 17, 2014
Tallesty1:
Morning............

How are you?
smiley
I'm fine.

You, and your night?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 17, 2014
Phew... Long and interesting read.
Hi mizmycoli.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 8:23am On Oct 17, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Phew... Long and interesting read.
Hi mizmycoli.

smiley
Good morning.

Interesting, seriously?

Lolest cheesy
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Tallesty1(m): 8:42am On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

smiley
I'm fine.

You, and your night?
I'm good and my night was fine.

I slept late though

Maybe that's why I'm still on my back.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 9:16am On Oct 17, 2014
Tallesty1:
I'm good and my night was fine.

I slept late though

Maybe that's why I'm still on my back.

Lolest, I can relate joor.
That's why I want to be an entrepreneur like you.

and errrmmmm, for what it's worth, thanks for not lashing out at me, despite what would seem to some as a deliberate attempt by me to put their beliefs down.
Coming from people who don't matter, I can stomach and make light of it, but........people like you? embarassed
lipsrsealed

I actually take my NL relationships that serious. grin
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 10:03am On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL, Thanks.

Thank you.
Those are my thoughts exactly.

Okay, I should share this with you.
Something just happened not quite long ago.

I left the office a bit late cos I had to finish dead lined stuffs.
Getting buses at night in this part of the world is something else.

I'd actually struggled to entered one, the guy was still in motion and I hopped in (I'm not so Aje-butter-ish afterall grin)

In the process, the upper part of my head collided with the upper part of the door in such a way that my neck bone and head was really affected.

Other people, were in the bus and didn't really care, I put my head down and was almost at the point of tears, then he touched me slightly and showed so much concern, so much.
He be like:
Are you okay? Sick? Did you hit your head somewhere? Do I get down and get you cold water, do you have a headache? Stress in this country is too much.....Sorry ehhnnn.

My dear, as I bent my head there, tears flowed freely.
I was kinda awed at such kindness and grace.

I remember being that way and even more to total strangers and people be looking at me like - Huh?! shocked
Now I understand how they must have felt.

I was amazed today. I've not been treated with such kindness by a Total Stranger in recent times.

Oops, I didn't just bore you, did I?
smiley
Thanks for listening/reading

grin grin

The very essence of our humanity is to show love, kindness and mercy to ourselves (and to beasts), this is what makes us God, it is by doing this that we show that we are created in His image and likeness, God who is love.

There is not a single contradiction in the Bible, the only reason you think there is a contradiction is because you do not have a composite picture of the story it is telling, you do not have all the pieces fitted together, the Bible is a puzzle, it is a complex book and to gets its true meanings you must be able to think in many dimensions. Offcourse, you must have the blessings of its Author to understand it.

There has been a very deliberate attempt to hide the true message of the Bible, the countless translations available purportedly 'to make the Bible easier to understand' are not without purpose, their evil purpose is to hide the truth. Look around you, I bet even you, are not using a KJV, all manners of Bibles, every tom d..kk and harry creates a Bible to suit his purpose and intention. I advise you to get a KJV Bible and stop reading satanic doctored thrash which all these latter-day Bible translations represent. The Bible is a maze of allegories, metaphors and figurative language, and attempts to render its content purely literal are just devilish, demonic and satanic.

Lemme titillate you a bit; Lets compare KJV and NIV

KJV
Isaiah 45:1
Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

(NIV)
“This is what the Lord says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut:

Can you spot a difference of interpretation?

What do you think is two leaved gates KJV is referring to?

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 10:33am On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

The very essence of our humanity is to show love, kindness and mercy to ourselves (and to beasts), this is what makes us God, it is by doing this that we show that we are created in His image and likeness, God who is love.

There is not a single contradiction in the Bible, the only reason you think there is a contradiction is because you do not have a composite picture of the story it is telling, you do not have all the pieces fitted together, the Bible is a puzzle, it is a complex book and to gets its true meanings you must be able to think in many dimensions. Offcourse, you must have the blessings of its Author to understand it.

There has been a very deliberate attempt to hide the true message of the Bible, the countless translations available purportedly 'to make the Bible easier to understand' are not without purpose, their evil purpose is to hide the truth. Look around you, I bet even you, are not using a KJV, all manners of Bibles, every tom d..kk and harry creates a Bible to suit his purpose and intention. I advise you to get a KJV Bible and stop reading satanic doctored thrash which all these latter-day Bible translations represent. The Bible is a maze of allegories, metaphors and figurative language, and attempts to render its content purely literal are just devilish, demonic and satanic.

Lemme titillate you a bit; Lets compare KJV and NIV

KJV
Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

(NIV)
“This is what the Lord says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut:

Can you spot a difference of interpretation?

What do you think is two leaved gates KJV is referring to?

I really don't know.
Care to expatiate?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 10:36am On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

I really don't know.
Care to expatiate?

Try my Lady, it is not hard to figure out. Take a look at it again. When you get it, you would have crossed a very fundamental paradigm. Please look at it again.

KJV

Loins, loose, two leaved gates...clues, and offcourse, this punctuation mark ';' wink
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

Try my Lady, it is not hard to figure out. Take a look at it again. When you get it, you would have crossed a very fundamental paradigm. Please look at it again.

KJV

Loins, loose, two leaved gates...clues, and offcourse, this punctuation mark ';' wink

KJV

(NIV)

Thus saith the Lord to his anointed,

This is what the Lord says to his anointed,

Whose right hand I have holden,

Whose right hand I take hold of

To subdue nations before him

To subdue nations before him;

and I will loose the loins of kings, [literary - the region of the sexual organs regarded as the source of erotic or procreative power.]

strip kings of their armor, [noun - the metal coverings formerly worn to protect the body in battle.

to open before him the two leaved gates; shocked shocked isn't that metaphorical for lipsrsealed

to open doors before him

and the gates shall not be shut;

so that the gates will not be shut;

Hmmmm........
Okay, the KJV version looks more like a procreation thing, you get.

While the NIV looks more like a battle thing.

There's quite a discrepancy, but they could ultimately mean the same thing don't you think?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 11:04am On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

KJV

(NIV)

Thus saith the Lord to his anointed,

This is what the Lord says to his anointed,

Whose right hand I have holden,

Whose right hand I take hold of

To subdue nations before him

To subdue nations before him;

and I will loose the loins of kings, [literary - the region of the sexual organs regarded as the source of erotic or procreative power.]

strip kings of their armor, [noun - the metal coverings formerly worn to protect the body in battle.

to open before him the two leaved gates; shocked shocked isn't that metaphorical for lipsrsealed

to open doors before him

and the gates shall not be shut;

so that the gates will not be shut;

Hmmmm........
Okay, the KJV version looks more like a procreation thing, you get.

While the NIV looks more like a battle thing.

There's quite a discrepancy, but they could ultimately mean the same thing don't you think?

You try. lol.

Create a picture of what the verse is saying by looking at it holistically.

There is an element of fear, that will come on the nations that Cyrus will subdue...
The loins as used here is the general area of the groin...

Loosened loins, a two-leaved gate...

Try again, my Lady wink
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 11:07am On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

You try. lol.

Create a picture of what the verse is saying by looking at it holistically.
There is an element of fear, that will come on the nations that Cyrus will subdue...

Loosened loins, a two-leaved gate...

Okay, maybe I don't get what two leaved gate is about really.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 11:10am On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

Okay, maybe I don't get what two leaved gate is about really.

Another clue. The an..al sphincter muscle.

Loosened loins, two-leaved gates
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by pickabeau1: 11:14am On Oct 17, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin.... 2 leaved gate

I had to laugh,,,, please continue
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2014
pickabeau1:
grin grin grin grin grin.... 2 leaved gate

I had to laugh,,,, please continue

It is not s.ex, if that is what you are thinking, She already alluded to that.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by pickabeau1: 11:21am On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

It is not s.ex, if that is what you are thinking, She already alluded to that.

I was not thinking of anything .. your insistence on 2 leaved gate just made it look esoteric and ultimately hilarious
grin grin
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

Another clue. The an..al sphincter muscle.

Loosened loins, two-leaved gates

Okay just tell me what it's all about.
I really don't read the bible, but I'm open minded to valuable lessons.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 11:28am On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

Okay just tell me what it's all about.
I really don't read the bible, but I'm open minded to valuable lessons.

KJV

The two leaved gates is the...buttocks. lol

Loosening the loins of kings will make them shi...t in their pants because of fear, dysenteric shi...t, because of fear. The two leaved gates will be loosened from fear-induced dysentery, when Cyrus whose hands God Himself is holding comes upon them.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 11:30am On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

KJV

The two leaved gates is the...buttocks. lol

Loosening the loins of kings will make them shi...t in their pants because of fear, dysenteric shi...t, because of fear. The two leaved gates will be loosened from fear-induced dysentery, when Cyrus whose hands God Himself is holding comes upon them.

Chi-zos!!!!
Dafuq!! grin grin

cheesy cheesy

cheesy

Waow! Myste-ri-ous grin
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 11:32am On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

Chi-zos!!!!
Dafuq!! grin grin

cheesy cheesy

cheesy

Waow! Myste-ri-ous grin

That is the book you are dealing with my Lady. cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Symbols, codes, allegories, metaphors...

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 11:34am On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

That is the book you are dealing with my Lady. cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Symbols, codes, allegories, metaphors...

It's actually more amazing that it propagates life from one paradigm and death from another.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 11:36am On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

It's actually more amazing that it propagates life from one paradigm and death from another.

U may be right. Share the paradigms, lemme have a picture.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 11:37am On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

U may be right. Share the paradigms, lemme have a picture.

The dead letters killeth.
The spirit gives life.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2014
grin grin
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 11:46am On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

The dead letters killeth.
The spirit gives life.

Paul's perspectives will never really be understood without a firm grasp of his precepts; the Old Testament. The Old testament is the Bible, and Paul never said a single thing except paraphrased from the OT.

God is not the God of death, but of life. To love is to live, to live is to love. It is all codes and symbols. And some part of the Scriptures isn't meant for all people; it is meant for some group of people called the Elect. But we digress.

Do you want to crack another riddle, my Lady? grin cheesy
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 11:49am On Oct 17, 2014
grin grin
Leggo!

cheesy

I like Knowedge.
MrPresident1:

Paul's perspectives will never really be understood without a firm grasp of his precepts; the Old Testament. The Old testament is the Bible, and Paul never said a single thing except paraphrased from the OT.

God is not the God of death, but of life. It is all codes and symbols. And some part of the Scriptures isn't meant for all people; it is meant for some group of people called the Elect. But we digress.

Do you want to crack another riddle, my Lady? grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Seeking ‘spiritual’ Healing Dies In Hotel Fire / Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? / African Men Only Good At Sex; Not Romantic At All - Reverend Ransford Obeng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.