Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. (16232 Views)

Must A Wife Always Say Yes To Sex?by Bunmi Sofola / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by bukatyne(f): 10:51am On Oct 15, 2014
BABE3:

are your feelings hurt? cheesy grin

get out of here, before I tear your underskirt...

Are you trying to be funny? What has underskirt got to do with it?

Which guy do here you see always trying to put fellow guys down?

Just change, that's all

4 Likes

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by bukatyne(f): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2014
abeautifulchick:

Amen.Thanks

God be with you

Know what you want and go for it. If you started this whinning after marriage, I might not take you serious

2 Likes

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by UjSizzle(f): 11:10am On Oct 15, 2014
Tallesty1:
What do women want?
Everything, in unequal proportion (but that's based on individual preferences).

Money is good. Women love men with money, I know I find them relatively easier to be around (solves one need at least), but attention is also necessary too. It doesn't mean we expect him to lounge around the house everyday, that would be stifling, but he needs to be attentive to our emotional needs. It's not all about the money for every woman, sometimes we just need assurance that when he takes a break from paper chase, those few hours is solely ours. And that he factors us into his plans.

What do women give? Depends on what men want. Anybody can be anything for the people they claim to love, so long the parties involved understand the level of sacrifice they need to make.

Money is important, attention is important. Some people just value one above the other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by pickabeau1: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2014
freshdude2:
ABEautifulChick, the words above are words of the wise. You'd do well to heed them. Refrain from enjoying comfort from words of pre-degree students who have never kept a relationship for up to 6 months.

What would be more disgusting than this thread is another thread complaining of this same issue. You don't have to get married to him, you shouldn't marry him just because "he can't do without you or begs with cars and houses". If your heart says don't, then don't. Move on if you feel you need to.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Abi na. The type that will go and fvck Nnamdi the yahoo boy because Emeka the boyfriend is in the library doing his assignment and therefore, doesn't have time to "give attention".
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by pickabeau1: 11:38am On Oct 15, 2014
freshdude2:
Abi na. The type that will go and fvck Nnamdi the yahoo boy because Emeka the boyfriend is in the library doing his assignment and therefore, doesn't have time to "give attention".

choi.... evulz
grin grin grin grin

I have no problem with anyone's avowed inclinations relationshipwise but to throw subliminal jabs at all guys to prove points
WYSIWYG
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
abeautifulchick:

Thanks but the fact is that i can provide for myself as i earn good money.I only brought up the issue about him giving me what i want to avoid questions from that angle from readers.So money is really not my problem now.

If money isn't a problem then why bring it up. If you are truly concerned about time, then stay focused on your gripes.... Like I said, your post spoke for itself!
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by rofemiguwa(f): 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nairalanders can make someone commit sucide with their comments, they will just drive ur frustration to the limit,i blame the op that tot she will get sound advice here!
If ur heart is not made of stone and strong enuf to filter right from wrong please dont post ur issues here.
Their jabs will just drown ur cries!!!
It just doesnt make sense leaving the main issue on ground to tackle sometin else.

@op sorry my dear maybe look for a live counsellor or someone elderly both of u respect to talk to and get advice free from HBP.

It is well o!
vivalableue:

If money isn't a problem then why bring it up. If you are truly concerned about time, then stay focused on your gripes.... Like I said, your post spoke for itself!

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
rofemiguwa:
Nairalanders can make someone commit sucide with their comments, they will just drive ur frustration to the limit,i blame the op that tot she will get sound advice here!
If ur heart is not made of stone and strong enuf to filter right from wrong please dont post ur issues here.
It just doesnt make sense leaving the man issue on ground to tackle sometin else.

@op sorry my dear maybe look for a live counsellor or someone elderly both of u respect to talk to and get advice from from HBP.

It is well o!
Thank you sis, I really appreciate this post . Some people do not even read my write up and understand it first instead they just comment whatever they like just to show they are online or probably, they just want to be noticed . It is well.

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
vivalableue:

I don't think you read my reply to you properly before typing this quote . Thanks for your contribution all thesame.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by rofemiguwa(f): 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
As in!!!! It annoys the eff outta me!
Atimes i just dont bother commenting,people really comprehend tinz differently!!!

Op i understand where u are coming from, in every relationship sometin has to give.

U guys have to reach a compromise. Know dose things u cant share attention with in his life and find how to deal with it, for the ones that can be meddled with find a common ground
Eg when my baby handles his ps4 pad jus dont bother, at first it annoyed the heck outta me but now am his cheerleader lol! #teamYM# , i will just hang around if i really want to be there and ask him to spell his opponent name for me. Of course he will make sure he gives the guy like 5-0
Meanwhile during this period i jus play any game or nairaland on my pad. We are spending time togeda doing different tinz everyone is happy.
All u need ask is do u love this person enough to see forever with him? Once ur heart answers that honestly, everyodr tin can be worked out!!
U jus have to find a way.
Also learn to consider him too? Is ur request convienent?
U cannot be asking for metime when he has a deal to seal?,he will definetely go for the deal.
Like ur airpport case, assuming u are in lagos ,u jus arrived and he was in lekki,knowing lagos traffic. Picking a cab home is a beta option for both of u becz before he gets to d airport like 10flights go don land and also comot.

Jus know wat u want and learn to build ur home. Arrange is one heck of a journey, just make sure u are travelling with the right person ,then learn to jump over all speed breakers, navigate all bend together.

I wish u luck.
abeautifulchick:

Thank you sis, I really appreciate this post . Some people do not even read my write up and understand it first instead they just comment whatever they like just to show they are online or probably, they just want to be noticed . It is well.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
cheesy
rofemiguwa:
It just doesnt make sense leaving the main issue on ground to tackle sometin else.

@op sorry my dear maybe look for a live counsellor or someone elderly both of u respect to talk to and get advice free from HBP.

It is well o!

Let's look at the situation from this angle. If she had said the problem I have with my fiance is that when I have a problem with something he does,when it concerns me,he doesn't do the need things to do to make the situation right with me again. He doesn't listen to my concerns and thinks that money will solve my problems.

II well still maintain one thing at least, people either treat you how you teach them to treat them, aka she always placed an importance on material things so it led him to feed her with her usual medicine. Or, he doesn't want to actually listen and communicate effectively, and once again they aren't ready for marriage. Either way you slice it, an orange is still an orange.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by bukatyne(f): 6:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
rofemiguwa:
Atimes i just dont bother commenting,people really comprehend tinz differently!!!

Op i understand where u are coming from, in every relationship sometin has to give.

U guys have to reach a compromise. Know dose things u cant share attention with in his life and find how to deal with it, for the ones that can be meddled with find a common ground
Eg when my baby handles his ps4 pad jus dont bother, at first it annoyed the heck outta me but now am his cheerleader lol! #teamYM# , i will just hang around if i really want to be there and ask him to spell his opponent name for me. Of course he will make sure he gives the guy like 5-0
Meanwhile during this period i jus play any game or nairaland on my pad. We are spending time togeda doing different tinz everyone is happy.
All u need ask is do u love this person enough to see forever with him? Once ur heart answers that honestly, everyodr tin can be worked out!!
U cannot be asking for metime when he has a deal to seal?,he will definetely go for the deal.
Like ur airpport case, assuming u are in lagos ,u jus arrived and he was in lekki,knowing lagos traffic. Picking a cab home is a beta option for both of u becz before he gets to d airport like 10flights go don land and also comot.

Jus know wat u want and learn to build ur home. Arrange is one heck of a journey, just make sure u are travelling with the right person ,then learn to jump over all speed breakers, navigate all bend together.

I wish u luck.

This is good
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Stillfire: 7:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
rofemiguwa:

I wish u luck.

You are a woman of experience. cool

OP, listen to this woman. Some people's relationships here won't work for the lack of foresight on how to have longevity in relationships. That is why some will remain single till tomorrow. I mean if you have to lay it down in simple terms that you have to be attentive to your wife, indeed many here will not be able to keep a relationship unless with desperate girls. Men cherish sex, women cherish attention. Of course there are outliers. It's not that we don't want the other but one is of more importance than the other to the sexes. Successful relationships apply this principle, all things being equal. That is why it looks as if you have to please the wife from morning, till evening to set the mood for sex later in the night. The money issue is a distraction from the detractors on this thread, because both male and female love money that is why we are all thriving to be rich.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by iykedare(m): 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
rofemiguwa:

I wish u luck.

Cool
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by okotv(m): 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
abeautifulchick:

Thanks.I will think it through again.
you are highly welcomed abeautifulchick.....happy married life in advance
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Amhappy(f): 11:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
@ abeautifulchick I hope you get to read this since it arrived a bit late. A friend of mine left her fiance(an engineer) because of this lack of attention thing. She has since married but i still wonder why she did it. They were so perfect together but he was quite a busy man. Personally i like getting necessary attention from my man but am not clingy beacause am equally busy. I think your guy is still living de boys-de boys life and probably most of his friends are still single. Speak to him on this again. Maybe you have to put up a show to drive your point home any day he repeats something similar. I love the fact that you make ur own money so dont let him replace your couple time with gifts. Book for dates,take him out,pay and buy him gifts too. But you have to consider his business and schedule carefully. Let pleasure not encroach in work time. Dont break up with him if he is a great guy. A great guy in love will always make necessary adjustments to keep his woman happy. Goodluck.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by pickabeau1: 4:40am On Oct 16, 2014
Amhappy

If I may ask why do u wonder why she did it

Has d man also married?
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by sello555: 8:07am On Oct 16, 2014
Abeautiful chick,i love what amhappy said,i am of the school of thought that some problems die naturally,and the truth is that I classify that aspect 'youthful exuberance',over time,if he truly loves you as you claim,he will get over it,
Now the issue is you have to cope with that period of him getting over it because sincerely,worse cases that can happen to a marriage are e.g the guy being stingy,domestic violence,nt allowing you have your independence etc
Attention is a factor you can work around and my dear pray about it
If you can't just go through it,you can as well quit now bt the perfect guy is not even perfect
Sorry for the long epistle.lol
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Amhappy(f): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2014
pickabeau1:
Amhappy

If I may ask why do u wonder why she did it

Has d man also married?

I saw them as a perfect couple and the guy always make up for his absence by spending most of his free time with her. For me the guy wasnt that bad considering his tight schedule. I dont know if he is married yet.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by pickabeau1: 9:26am On Oct 16, 2014
Amhappy:

I saw them as a perfect couple and the guy always make up for his absence by spending most of his free time with her. For me the guy wasnt that bad considering his tight schedule. I dont know if he is married yet.

ok..
wish her d best
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by xammie05(m): 9:44am On Oct 16, 2014
This is not to excuse the guy's behaviour, but people see things differently and this seems to be especially true about you both. There's a book by Gary Chapman (the 5 love languages) I fnk you should read. If you can't relate with his expression of affection and y'all can't come to a compromise, you should really look before you leap. I'm positive you can find a work around tho. Wish you the very best...
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Youngpo413: 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
The truth is that gals are so clueless..... Like Tallesty1 asked, what do women want? .... Hmmmm ah tiree for dem oooo.... which kain tin.......
they are called fishbrains for nothing
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Youngpo413: 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
MarvellousGod:
So making money while still giving his gf necessary(not excessive) attention will kill him?? Ain't there rich guys who give their wives attention? how can he prefer staying out with friends to spending time with his Fiancee?? That's not a good sign because he may keep late nights after marriage. .

Op, are you boring a person? ? Just figuring why he may not be spending much time with ya
then let her go,another b!tch and goldigger will surely replace her,after all the guys is rich and with money,you can easily buy any woman of your choice.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Youngpo413: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
audreybrian:
Hmmm.Pls think carefully.Marry a man that truly cares for you not money.
she go old for her papa house be that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing / How Do You Correct Your Spouse? / Traditional, Religious Or Court Wedding: Best Form Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.