Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. (16176 Views)

Must A Wife Always Say Yes To Sex?by Bunmi Sofola / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
coogar:

there is no rich man who sits down at home dishing out attention unless he's 50+. young men go out there to make what they can before age starts slowing them down. money/career should take priority over any woman.
i understand what you're saying but It's not like staying at home dishing out attention, your partner deserves some level of attention na.. undecided

@bolded, I disagree. . Both are very important but woman/family takes precedence. who are you making the money for if not your family? and you're placing them below the money?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
freshdude2:
Forgive me, I think you have unrealistic expectations. First of all, I find it unbelievable that your boyfriend would "abandon" you at the airport to go drink with friends, this means he was at the airport with you but left to go have a drink; or did you call him after arrival and he told you to pick a cab because he was with friends at th time you got to the airport and called?

Also, when you say he places business and money over you, what exactly do you mean? That he'd rather make money than hang out with you or he prefers being with his chequebook and office documents than being in your company?
He knew my time of arrival and he is just used to hanging out with his friends
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by valmunich(m): 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

Yes.What matters most to me is love.
Look atew! cheesy

I bet it's this love you and your kids will eat every day undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by FynBabe(f): 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
@ Coogar, I had a good laugh @ your comments. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
naijaboiy:

They actually don't know undecided
On the contrary,i know what i want
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by thorpido(m): 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

His friends help his biz and probably his contacts.

Pickabeau1 asked you what you do?student or work?
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
MarvellousGod:
So making money while still giving his gf necessary(not excessive) attention will kill him?? Ain't there rich guys who give their wives attention? how can he prefer staying out with friends to spending time with his Fiancee?? That's not a good sign because he may keep late nights after marriage. .

Op, are you boring a person? ? Just figuring why he may not be spending much time with ya

Any man who considers other matters more important than spending time with his partner should get ready for another man to help him out. Such men end up having unfaithful wives unknown to them. They dnt know this until reality hits them. They forget that women lovvvvvvve attention. Let them keep asking what women want while other men who sabi pass them help them out with their women.

Anyways, a man who loves the company of others more than you as is partner will keep displayin that attitude after marriage. The Op needs to open up more about this.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by coogar: 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
MarvellousGod:
i understand what you're saying but It's not like staying at home dishing out attention, your partner deserves some level of attention na.. undecided

financially, she gets almost anything she wants from him. that's the biggest attention a woman can get. many women would kill themselves to wife this dude.

@bolded, I disagree. . Both are very important but woman/family takes precedence. who are you making the money for if not your family? and you're placing them below the money?? undecided

only unambitious men would put women over their career/money. chase the money & women would chase you. that's a fundamental law of nature.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Spicylate(f): 7:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
i thought people say yes to everything. so what did you say yes to? if you aint fully satisfied, why say yes? commiunication is necessary ooo
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

So, he didn't abandon you then. What's the distance from his house to airport? Is his coming worth the stress? Did you specially need or request he be there to pick you? Did you guys have an agreement that he'd come pick you?

About him valuing you less than money/business, how did you reach that conclusion?
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by FynBabe(f): 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
Why do most guys think women value money more than anything else in a relationship? Just like guys can not survive without respect in a relationship, so women can not do without attention.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by coogar: 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
FynBabe:
@ Coogar, I had a good laugh @ your comments. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

FynBabe:
Why do most guys think women value money more than anything else in a relationship? Just like guys can not survive without respect in a relationship, so women can not do without attention.

because we men are not fools!
we know the importance of finance in relationships. no romance without finance especially when dealing with the hypergamous nigerian women.

behind every successful man, there's a woman - that's because women always chase successful men. grin cheesy there's even a research out there that says women enjoy sex more important if her partner is rich/successful. grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by BABE3: 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Any man who considers other matters more important than spending time with his partner should get ready for another man to help him out. Such men end up having unfaithful wives unknown to them. They dnt know this until reality hits them. They forget that women lovvvvvvve attention. Let them keep asking what women want while other men who sabi pass them help them out with their women.

Anyways, a man who loves the company of others more than you as is partner will keep displayin that attitude after marriage. The Op needs to open up more about this.

Anyways, the Op has to open up to us

Women luuuuuurrrrrvvv attention. grin I wonder why men don't luuuuuuuuurrvvv attention as much.

Equality? Feminist? cheesy grin

Let's flip the script; if it was the girl that was supposed to pick the guy up from the airport, and she asked him to pick a cab coz she's has a nail/hair appointment; this wouldn't be an issue.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

So he abandoned you once and you believe that he does not care about you
He may be a pragmatic fellow that feels it is better to spend 50 dollars than spend 500 dollars in traffic

Time is money

One more question

Are you working or a student

Age gap between u and him

Also has he ever consulted u on anything before and what was that

I am a graduate,do you mean gap in location or age? And yes he consults me before taking decisions though not all only the ones that concerns me
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
okotv:
sorry to say this but I think you are not yet ready for that big step....
kpam
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by pickabeau1: 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

I am a graduate,do you mean gap in location or age? And yes he consults me before taking decisions though not all only the ones that concerns me

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sophyrocks:

I find this comment very very strange. One should conclude from your comment that women who's husbands shower them with unending attention never commit adultery or that these other men who understand the value women place on attention and proceed to help these marriages out have faithful wives? Please help my understanding.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
FynBabe:

I wonder. How can a man who is an adult not know women love attention apart fom other things? Such a man needs to be schooled on womanology all over again. And yet they complain when women cheat.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by pickabeau1: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
FynBabe:
Why do most guys think women value money more than anything else in a relationship? Just like guys can not survive without respect in a relationship, so women can not do without attention money.

Corrected

2 Likes

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
freshdude2:
So, he didn't abandon you then. What's the distance from his house to airport? Is his coming worth the stress? Did you specially need or request he be there to pick you? Did you guys have an agreement that he'd come pick you?

About him valuing you less than money/business, how did you reach that conclusion?
The distance is quite much from airport to my home,i specially requested for him and he accepted.As for your last question,i gave reasons in my earlier posts.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by BABE3: 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

The distance is quite much from airport to my home,i specially requested for him and he accepted.As for your last question,i gave reasons in my earlier posts.

so by using his car instead of a cab,, the distance will magically reduce ? grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by chibwike(m): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
he will never change
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by FynBabe(f): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
Don't mind them jare. They know but I think they prefer to live in denial.
Sophyrocks:

I wonder. How can a man who is an adult not know women love attention apart fom other things? Such a man needs to be schooled on womanology all over again. And yet they complain when women cheat.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by coogar: 8:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
BABE3:

so by using his car instead of a cab,, the distance will magically reduce ? grin

of course.....
in nigeria, cabs stop at every bus stop for the fun of it. grin
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
freshdude2:
I find this comment very very strange. One should conclude from your comment that women who's husbands shower them with unending attention never commit adultery or that these other men who understand the value women place on attention and proceed to help these marriages out have faithful wives? Please help my understanding.

If you are a man and up till this moment, you dnt know women need attention the same way everyone needs oxygen, then you need to be schooled all over again about women. Lack of attention is another reason women cheat. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

So, did you register your displeasure at his refusal to show up?
JayKayMaybachz:
The truth is that gals are so clueless..... Like Tallesty1 asked, what do women want? .... Hmmmm ah tiree for dem oooo.... which kain tin.......
How do you mean clueless.If trying to be on thesame page with a man you want to marry is what you term clueless then you dont have an idea what it means.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

The distance is much..... he accepted to pick you with your luggages then later told u to get a cab so that he can have fun with his friends. What does that tell you? Actions speak louder than words. Talk to him about this.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sophyrocks:

My sister, the bolded isnt a good sign. Anything you know you cannot deal with or succcessfully live with for the rest of your life, do not accept when dating. But lemme guess, you ignored all these because of what you get from him. And now that he has proposed, you suddenly remembered that he has flaws. You could have raised this issue while getting to know him and see if he could make changes. You are funny o.
I have raised the issue couple of times but he keeps telling me he will change.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by FynBabe(f): 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
Guys, please do not ignore your wife/girlfriend deliberately o! This is how it starts and madam will begin to eye your male domestic staff in your absence. Pickabeau1, I laugh in swahili cheesy. I repeat, no woman loves money more than attention!
pickabeau1:

Corrected
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by coogar: 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

How do you mean clueless.If trying to be on thesame page with a man you want to marry is what you term clueless then you dont have an idea what it means.

he already proposed to you - what other page do you want? his twitter page? grin

FynBabe:
Guys, please do not ignore your wife/girlfriend deliberately o! This is how it starts and madam will begin to eye your male domestic staff in your absence. Pickabeau1, I laugh in swahili wink. I repeat, no woman loves money more than attention!

by the same token, no responsible man loves attention more than money. grin

if the zuckerbergs, bill gates, etc of this world were chasing attention instead of their respective careers, they wouldn't have been successful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? / Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? / Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.