Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (698341 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
The fact is that Oliseh is an NFF puppet. That is why he received three months advance to do things like this.

What is wrong in Enyeama talking. Oliseh madea big deal out of nothing.

We all know Goal Keepers have long careers. Look at Buffon. Oliseh's reason for stripping Enyeama of his captain band is flimsy. Especially when he is grieving. It shows how insensitive Oliseh is.

[b]Enyeama said he has something to say in a meeting Oliseh was presiding, and Oliseh told him no. Enyeama insisted. Are you saying Enyeama was right to have insisted even when he was not given permission to talk? Is that how organisations work? You insist on speaking in meetings with your superiors when you are not given permission to do so? Oliseh didnt say he should not speak, he only said that that moment when he was expressing displeasure with all the players for their poor training was not the right time to discuss personal issues. How can he insist?

Goalkeepers have long careers, yes! But Enyeama has always been telling us that he is going to retire soon. If Oliseh wants to starts us with another person as captain, I see no big deal. He is the coach. He should choose his team. If he fails, he goes. If he succeed, Nigeria wins. I agree with Oliseh on his choice of captain. He made very good points in this interview.

I see alot of people saying that Oliseh lied in this video. Interesting. So it's Enyeama's story that should be believed?

Everyone should watch the video before even making a comment. Vincent was childish.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
I do agree Vincent has some "faults" but that was precipitated by Oliseh's also. You say Vincent was Childish........ Right? Ok then, no problem.... But Oliseh was childish too!!!

Why??

Here's why.... Oliseh had it all in his power to do the right, proper and courteous "thing". The ball was in his court "clearly"..... It was HIS MOVE to make.

Why.... Oh why did Oliseh not get Enyeama's attention when he arrived camp( not immediately but some time afterwards) and draw him away to a "private tete-a-tete" away from the eyes and ears of every one to break the news of his intentions and plans especially with respect to the Eagles' captaincy?? Why?? Come on why??

LOOK, WE CAN LOOK AT THIS FROM ANY ANGLE WE WANT OKAY BUT "THIS" IS MOST LIKELY THE ONE MOMENT THAT "HISTORY" WILL EMPHASIZE AND KEEP HARPING ON.......

WHAT STOPPED COACH SUNDAY OLISEH FROM LISTENING TO THE INNER VOICE OF REASON, "COMMON SENSE" AND COURTESY AS REGARDS WHEN AND WHERE AND HOW SHOULD ENYEAMA FIND OUT??

He "childishly" made the news public in a very disrespectful manner by telling Musa to "play the role as Captain" when the Ambassador came around...... PUT YOURSELF IN THE SHOES OF VINCENT. LET EMPATHY SPEAK NOW.

THAT ACT WAS A BIG "SLAP" ON VINCENT'S FACE AND REPUTATION IN THE TEAM.

You don't do that to one who HISTORY WILL REMEMBER AS THE BEST AND ONLY UNDISPUTABLY "WORLD CLASS" NIGERIAN PLAYER IN HIS GENERATION OF AFCON WINNERS.

Enyeama is bound to go down as Nigeria's greatest, finest, and most decorated Goalie of all time. Also he's been Africa's best for the better part of the last decade.

THIS IS "WHO" OLISEH REFUSED TO RESPECT WITH THAT SCENARIO WITH THE AMBASSADOR.

IF Enyeama had been told beforehand by Oliseh in a private and mild atmosphere..... THINGS WOULD HAVE BEEN WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY DIFFERENT....... THIS IS THE WHOLE TRUTH.

THE BALL WAS "INITIALLY" IN THE COURT OF OLISEH...... BUUUUUTTTTTT....... "HE DID NOT PLAY IT WELL"

This is my submission.......

joseph1013:

[b]Enyeama said he has something to say in a meeting Oliseh was presiding, and Oliseh told him no. Enyeama insisted. Are you saying Enyeama was right to have insisted even when he was not given permission to talk? Is that how organisations work? You insist on speaking in meetings with your superiors when you are not given permission to do so? Oliseh didnt say he should not speak, he only said that that moment when he was expressing displeasure with all the players for their poor training was not the right time to discuss personal issues. How can he insist?

Goalkeepers have long careers, yes! But Enyeama has always been telling us that he is going to retire soon. If Oliseh wants to starts us with another person as captain, I see no big deal. He is the coach. He should choose his team. If he fails, he goes. If he succeed, Nigeria wins. I agree with Oliseh on his choice of captain. He made very good points in this interview.

I see alot of people saying that Oliseh lied in this video. Interesting. So it's Enyeama's story that should be believed?

Everyone should watch the video before even making a comment. Vincent was childish.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
joseph1013:

Permission to talk? Courtroom? Army? Church? Nope they are just playing a game.
Vincent might have been childish but he gets a pass simple and plain. The man lost his mother how can you compare that to any regular work situation. In any real job the employee would be given time off. In any real job your boss won't strip you of ur title then tell you to sit down when you ask why. That situation should have been resolved before Vincent came in. Oliseh was wrong because he acted like an heartless human being. How can a man be going through such pain and his coach not be compassionate. Not once did Oliseh send condolences to Enyeama. Also Oliseh is Enyeama's coach not his boss. Like i said these are grown men they should be treated like such, at the end of the day you don't tell a grown man to sit down in front of his peers. Do unto others.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
I do agree Vincent has some "faults" but that was precipitated by Oliseh's also. You say Vincent was Childish........ Right? Ok then, no problem.... But Oliseh was childish too!!!

Why??

Here's why.... Oliseh had it all in his power to do the right, proper and courteous "thing". The ball was in his court "clearly"..... It was HIS MOVE to make.

Why.... Oh why did Oliseh not get Enyeama's attention when he arrived camp( not immediately but some time afterwards) and draw him away to a "private tete-a-tete" away from the eyes and ears of every one to break the news of his intentions and plans especially with respect to the Eagles' captaincy?? Why?? Come on why??

LOOK, WE CAN LOOK AT THIS FROM ANY ANGLE WE WANT OKAY BUT "THIS" IS MOST LIKELY THE ONE MOMENT THAT "HISTORY" WILL EMPHASIZE AND KEEP HARPING ON.......

WHAT STOPPED COACH SUNDAY OLISEH FROM LISTENING TO THE INNER VOICE OF REASON, "COMMON SENSE" AND COURTESY AS REGARDS WHEN AND WHERE AND HOW SHOULD ENYEAMA FIND OUT??

He "childishly" made the news public in a very disrespectful manner by telling Musa to "play the role as Captain" when the Ambassador came around...... PUT YOURSELF IN THE SHOES OF VINCENT. LET EMPATHY SPEAK NOW.

THAT ACT WAS A BIG "SLAP" ON VINCENT'S FACE AND REPUTATION IN THE TEAM.

You don't do that to one who HISTORY WILL REMEMBER AS THE BEST AND ONLY UNDISPUTABLY "WORLD CLASS" NIGERIAN PLAYER IN HIS GENERATION OF AFCON WINNERS.

Enyeama is bound to go down as Nigeria's greatest, finest, and most decorated Goalie of all time. Also he's been Africa's best for the better part of the last decade.

THIS IS "WHO" OLISEH REFUSED TO RESPECT WITH THAT SCENARIO WITH THE AMBASSADOR.

IF Enyeama had been told beforehand by Oliseh in a private and mild atmosphere..... THINGS WOULD HAVE BEEN WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY DIFFERENT....... THIS IS THE WHOLE TRUTH.

THE BALL WAS "INITIALLY" IN THE COURT OF OLISEH...... BUUUUUTTTTTT....... "HE DID NOT PLAY IT WELL"

This is my submission.......

Vincent got to camp late on Tuesday and Oliseh had already chosen Musa to lead the team since Monday training. Vincent came while training was already going on and it was immediately after training before dinner that Oliseh called a meeting to chide the team about their non-performance in training.

How then would he have called Enyeama into a room to explained to him?

If oliseh's account is to be believed, and it tallies with the ones I have heard from reputable journalists and completesports, then there is little to fault Oliseh on without being unnecessarily sentimental and emotional.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
You make it look like Enyeama is one small boy. Oliseh announced that Musa is the captain and you expect Enyeama who just heard it to keep quiet.

What stops Oliseh from given him audience?

OliseH is wrong here. The immaturity shown here trancends to other area. First dropping Enyeama for a flimsy excuse, he did not let Enyeama know that the captain band was stripped from him and then preventing him from enquiring why Oliseh dropped him.

joseph1013:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Permission to talk? Courtroom? Army? Church? Nope they are just playing a game.
Vincent might have been childish but he gets a pass simple and plain. The man lost his mother how can you compare that to any regular work situation. In any real job the employee would be given time off. In any real job your boss won't strip you of ur title then tell you to sit down when you ask why. That situation should have been resolved before Vincent came in. Oliseh was wrong because he acted like an heartless human being. How can a man be going through such pain and his coach not be compassionate. Not once did Oliseh send condolences to Enyeama. Also Oliseh is Enyeama's coach not his boss. Like i said these are grown men they should be treated like such, at the end of the day you don't tell a grown man to sit down in front of his peers. Do unto others.

[b]When Oliseh expected Vincent on Monday and he didn't show up, he assumed he won't be coming because of the burial. Vincent didn't even see the need to call the coach to say he'd be coming in late. Of course, he is the big boy. No need for that. Coupled with the hassles of getting visas for the home boys, Oliseh had his hands full. So if Vincent wanted to take time off, it's on the cards. Oliseh was no longer expecting him. Oliseh UNDERSTOOD. Enyeama said so in his account.

And youre wrong. Oliseh sent his condolences. You probably didn't watch the video. They spoke about it and Oliseh regretted not making the burial. He even convinced Pinnick to send a delegation to the burial. They planned a minute silence in the match against Tanzania only for CAF to overrule it. So all these emotional outburst of heartless, callousness, wickedness and lack of compassion do not hold water.

Yes, in the National team, Oliseh is the coach. He is also the BOSS. Read the definition of a Boss to know why it applies in the Super Eagles' setting.

We can be emotional all we want, but here, I put the blame more on Enyeama for trying to undermine the authority of his Coach in the presence of the other players. Ask what Ferguson did to Beckham and Nistelrooy when they tried that with him.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oliseh reached his decision long ago. The playersdidnot march from the training pitch to the dinner hall. Oliseh knew he would announce this. He should have called Enyeama aside. Ten minutes will not make the food cold.

joseph1013:
Vincent got to camp late on Tuesday and Oliseh had already chosen Musa to lead the team since Monday training. Vincent came while training was already going on and it was immediately after training before dinner that Oliseh called a meeting to chide the team about their non-performance in training.

If oliseh's account is to be believed, and it tallies with the ones I have heard from reputable journalists and completesports, then there is little to fault Oliseh on without being unnecessarily sentimental and emotional.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Pls Stop this Sir! Pls Stop the subtle Bias..........

This is about "the Stability and chemistry" of the Team. Oliseh would have made out the time...... THERE ARE NO EXCUSES AT ALL FOR HIM.

ARE U TELLING ME HE "COULDN'T" FIND THE TIME?? THIS WAS A MATTER THAT COULD POTENTIALLY AFFECT THE PSYCHE AND EMOTIONAL BALANCE OF THE TEAM.............

Na wa o!

ARE U TELLING ME HE COULDN'T "JUST SACRIFICE" HIS TIME TOWARDS THE END OF OR AFTER THE TRAINING SESSION TO "SEE ENYEAMA"? A SIMPLE "VINCENT, PLS LET'S TAKE A WALK........." WOULD NOT HAVE STOPPED HIM FROM SAYING WHATEVER HE WANTED TO SAY TO HIS PLAYERS. HE COULD ALWAYS TELL THEM MOMENTS AFTERWARDS..........

But firstly and most importantly, he needed "to have seen Vincent alone"........ It's that simple!

I'm sorry Sir but Oliseh just can't be excused........................ He just can't........

joseph1013:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
You make it look like Enyeama is one small boy. Oliseh announced that Musa is the captain and you expect Enyeama who just heard it to keep quiet.

What stops Oliseh from given him audience?

OliseH is wrong here. The immaturity shown here trancends to other area. First dropping Enyeama for a flimsy excuse, he did not let Enyeama know that the captain band was stripped from him and then preventing him from enquiring why Oliseh dropped him.

Oliseh already announced who would be captain before Vincent got to camp. Asking for audience to resolve personal grouse in the midst of turmoil was the wrong call and Oliseh was right to shut him down and ask him to do it at a better time.

This is not the first time Enyeama is trying to undermine the authority of the coach of the Super Eagles. Ask Berti Vogts. Ask Siasia. Ask Keshi.

A legend status should not make you unruly.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Oliseh reached his decision long ago. The playersdidnot march from the training pitch to the dinner hall. Oliseh knew he would announce this. He should have called Enyeama aside. Ten minutes will not make the food cold.

Again, Musa was already made captain before Vincent got to camp. Vincent should have chosen a better time to ask for audience. Infact, he should not have asked Oliseh that question in the midst of the other players. That's questioning the authority of the coach.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
So Oliseh did no wrong. Do you know Oliseh has Enyeama's phone number. Are you saying Oliseh never had an opportunity to inform Enyeama that he is no more the captain. We are talking of the longest serving Super Eagles player here.

joseph1013:
Again, Musa was already made captain before Vincent got to camp. Vincent should have chosen a better time to ask for audience. Infact, he should not have asked Oliseh that question in the midst of the other players. That's questioning the authority of the coach.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Pls Stop this Sir! Pls Stop the subtle Bias..........

This is about "the Stability and chemistry" of the Team. Oliseh would have made out the time...... THERE ARE NO EXCUSES AT ALL FOR HIM.

ARE U TELLING ME HE "COULDN'T" FIND THE TIME?? THIS WAS A MATTER THAT COULD POTENTIALLY AFFECT THE PSYCHE AND EMOTIONAL BALANCE OF THE TEAM.............

Na wa o!

ARE U TELLING ME HE COULDN'T "JUST SACRIFICE" HIS TIME TOWARDS THE END OF OR AFTER THE TRAINING SESSION TO "SEE ENYEAMA"? A SIMPLE "VINCENT, PLS LET'S TAKE A WALK........." WOULD NOT HAVE STOPPED HIM FROM SAYING WHATEVER HE WANTED TO SAY TO HIS PLAYERS. HE COULD ALWAYS TELL THEM MOMENTS AFTERWARDS..........

But firstly and most importantly, he needed "to have seen Vincent alone"........ It's that simple!

I'm sorry Sir but Oliseh just can't be excused........................ He just can't........

If you watched the video, you'll see how livid Oliseh was with the team over the training they just concluded that evening. This was what was on his mind coupled with the inability of his home boys to get tickets. He said as much in the video.

If the issue of the captaincy was so important to Vincent, since he thinks long-serving captain means it is his birthright, and he sincerely wanted to know the reason without making Oliseh look ridiculous, he should have waited till dinner was finished and gone to Oliseh's room.

There is no chemistry if there are two captains in a ship. It was best for the team for Vincent to retire. I don't care if Oliseh is sacked, but on the issue, Vincent thought he could continue his spate of unrulness he's been known for. Guess, Oliseh was having none of that this time around.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
So Oliseh did no wrong. Do you know Oliseh has Enyeama's phone number. Are you saying Oliseh never had an opportunity to inform Enyeama that he is no more the captain. We are talking of the longest serving Super Eagles player here.

Oliseh should have called Enyeama that he was not expecting in camp that he wont be the captain against Congo? Someone he was no longer expecting?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
joseph1013:

[b]When Oliseh expected Vincent on Monday and he didn't show up, he assumed he won't be coming because of the burial. Vincent didn't even see the need to call the coach to say he'd be coming in late. Of course, he is the big boy. No need for that. Coupled with the hassles of getting visas for the home boys, Oliseh had his hands full. So if Vincent wanted to take time off, it's on the cards. Oliseh was no longer expecting him. Oliseh UNDERSTOOD. Enyeama said so in his account.

And youre wrong. Oliseh sent his condolences. You probably didn't watch the video. They spoke about it and Oliseh regretted not making the burial. He even convinced Pinnick to send a delegation to the burial. They planned a minute silence in the match against Tanzania only for CAF to overrule it. So all these emotional outburst of heartless, callousness, wickedness and lack of compassion do not hold water.

Yes, in the National team, Oliseh is the coach. He is also the BOSS. Read the definition of a Boss to know why it applies in the Super Eagles' setting.

We can be emotional all we want, but here, I put the blame more on Enyeama for trying to undermine the authority of his Coach in the presence of the other players. Ask what Ferguson did to Beckham and Nistelrooy when they tried that with him.
[/b]

All i need now to go along with your story is evidence. Everything Oliseh said is heresay. Where is the proof that he did any of that. How can you say Oliseh was not expecting him, it was until the situation arose that he called up Dele. In the account i read Enyeama asked the NFF to be excused from the game and they begged him to show up but that also is heresay. This is what we do know, Our best ever goalkeaper buried his mother yet still made it to camp. Next is he was expelled, brought back and he later retires. We also know he was told to sit down in during a meeting in front of his peers. Our greatest ever goal keeper not only lost his mother but was degraded and forced into early retirement. Let me tell you something Oliseh is nothing but a shift manager. You can argue with them and its up to the real boss as to who was right or wrong. Like Messi and Ibra they both had rows with Barca coaches and it was dealt with individually, Messi got their surport and Ibra was shipped off. If im Oliseh and Enyeama asks to speak I say "Yes but make it short Vincent" would he have died if he said that? So all he claims he did was for nothing.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
He was not expecting Enyeama? He invited him and had it in mind that he would drop Enyeama. Why not call him?

joseph1013:
Oliseh should have called Enyeama that he was not expecting in camp that he wont be the captain against Congo? Someone he was no longer expecting?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
Sir, I do get what you are saying. But I'm speaking Psychology here..... "Basic psychology".

Things that could have been done to avoid lighting the fire that have caused such a "chain reaction" as we're currently witnessing.

Nothing stops Oliseh from even meeting him earlier than I suggested..... Like even during training. Losciuto could always handle the team for a few moments. BUT OLISEH SHOULD HAVE DONE WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE.

OK.... He focused on the team's poor display in training right? coz he prioritized that... Now look where it has brought the team.

A leader is one who leads, influences and inspires.

A "good" leader is one who does more by acting his talks and walking the talk.

But a great leader is one who does much more by knowing "when and when not" to act for the good of his team.

Oliseh failed to "master" the art of timing and "nipping in the bud"

He cannot be excused........

joseph1013:
If you watched the video, you'll see how livid Oliseh was with the team over the training they just concluded that evening. This was what was on his mind coupled with the inability of his home boys to get tickets. He said as much in the video.

If the issue of the captaincy was so important to Oliseh and he sincerely wanted to know the reason without making Oliseh look ridiculous, he should have waited till dinner was finished and gone to Oliseh's room.

There is no chemistry if there are two captains in a ship. It was best for the team for Vincent to retire. I don't care if Oliseh is sacked, but on the issue, Vincent thought he could continue his spate of unrulness he's been known for. Guess, Oliseh was having none of that this time around.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

All i need now to go along with your story is evidence. Everything Oliseh said is heresay. Where is the proof that he did any of that. How can you say Oliseh was not expecting him, it was until the situation arose that he called up Dele. In the account i read Enyeama asked the NFF to be excused from the game and they begged him to show up but that also is heresay. This is what we do know, Our best ever goalkeaper buried his mother yet still made it to camp. Next is he was expelled, brought back and he later retires. We also know he was told to sit down in during a meeting in front of his peers. Our greatest ever goal keeper not only lost his mother but was degraded and forced into early retirement. Let me tell you something Oliseh is nothing but a shift manager. You can argue with them and its up to the real boss as to who was right or wrong. Like Messi and Ibra they both had rows with Barca coaches and it was dealt with individually, Messi got their surport and Ibra was shipped off. If im Oliseh and Enyeama asks to speak I say "Yes but make it short Vincent" would he have died if he said that? So all he claims he did was for nothing.
[b]See, you're free to believe what you want. I'm making comments based on the video of Oliseh and Enyeama that I watched. If you believe Enyeama's account and do not agree with Oliseh, then I have nothing to say any longer. Maybe you go ahead to ask Enyeama if they spoke about the burial, Pinnick if Oliseh nudged him to send a delegation and other players to see if they planned a minute silence.

Oliseh called up Alampasu because the home based goalkeepers did not get visa and as it was, Carl was the only guaranteed keeper in camp. Why didnt you ask why it was after that that Ndidi was invited. Is Ndidi also a goalkeeper?

Nobody started out to disgrace Enyeama. He was the only trying to play a fast one on the coach by making him look stupid in the midst of the players.

I don't care about Oliseh as a coach. They can sack him tomorrow if they want. I don't like his selections and I have said that alot of times, so it doesn't concern me if he is a makeshift coach.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
He was not expecting Enyeama? He invited him and had it in mind that he would drop Enyeama. Why not call him?

How did he have in mind to drop him? He asked all the players to be in latest by Monday afternoon, Enyeama didn't show up and he didn't call the coach. So the coach is at fault for not planning him into the game for that?

You ask why Oliseh didn't call him, I ask why Enyeama didn't call Oliseh giving reasons why he'd be unable to make camp on Monday. Isn't that what we all do when me miss deadlines or meetings or won't be going to work for one reason or the other? Isn't that just common courtesy?. Oliseh had bigger issues of sorting out lazy players and visa issues of the home players.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Sir, I do get what you are saying. But I'm speaking Psychology here..... "Basic psychology".

Things that could have been done to avoid lighting the fire that have caused such a "chain reaction" as we're currently witnessing.

Nothing stops Oliseh from even meeting him earlier than I suggested..... Like even during training. Losciuto could always handle the team for a few moments. BUT OLISEH SHOULD HAVE DONE WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE.

OK.... He focused on the team's poor display in training right? coz he prioritized that... Now look where it has brought the team.

A leader is one who leads, influences and inspires.

A "good" leader is one who does more by acting his talks and walking the talk.

But a great leader is one who does much more by knowing "when and when not" to act for the good of his team.

Oliseh failed to "master" the art of timing and "nipping in the bud"

He cannot be excused........

Then that crucial art of timing was the undoing of Enyeama. Why ask why he was no longer captain in the midst of the players. Oliseh only owes Enyeama an explanation, why DEMAND for an explanation in front of the whole team. Isn't that in itself mischievous?

For all we know, we don't even know if Oliseh had planned to discuss it with him. And we may never know since the whole thing has escalated.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
If The Brazilian Coach Can Easily Transfer The Captain's Arm Band From Thiago Silva To Neymar Easily Without Noise Then I Dont See Why Mr Sunday Should Find It Difficult To Follow Suit. The Coach Has The Right To Change His Captain But He Most Do It With Sense Without Hurtn The Former Captain.
The Deed As Been Done No Need To Cry Over Spilled Milk. However Everything Should Be Put In Order Before Swaziland cum n Make A Bigger Fool Out Of Us NB: No One Should Expect A Win Against Cameroun Infact We Should Be Grateful For A Draw, A Win 4 Us Would Be A Shocker BECAUSE OLISEH NOW RULES OVER A DIVIDED HOUSE
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hahahahahaha..... Nice. But you see Sir...... Psychology in this case is of the simple kind not complex.

So it's very easy to deduce that Oliseh simply "never had it in mind to tell Enyeama privately".

If he had it in mind....... He would have done so much earlier....... That's simple psychological truth.

In fact Oliseh would have mentioned such( that he meant to tell Enyeama but he was beclouded with thoughts) in the interview to further back up his "innocence" BUT HE DIDN'T!!!!!!! Meaning he never even considered doing such........ So as a result Sir......

Oliseh is indeed at fault also.......*smiles*

joseph1013:
Then that crucial art of timing was the undoing of Enyeama. Why ask why he was no longer captain in the midst of the players. Oliseh only owes Enyeama an explanation, why DEMAND for an explanation in front of the whole team. Isn't that in itself mischievous?

For all we know, we don't even know if Oliseh had planned to discuss it with him. And we may never know since the whole thing has escalated.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
joseph1013:
[b]See, you're free to believe what you want. I'm making comments based on the video of Oliseh and Enyeama that I watched. If you believe Enyeama's account and do not agree with Oliseh, then I have nothing to say any longer. Maybe you go ahead to ask Enyeama if they spoke about the burial, Pinnick if Oliseh nudged him to send a delegation and other players to see if they planned a minute silence.

Oliseh called up Alampasu because the home based goalkeepers did not get visa and as it was, Carl was the only guaranteed keeper in camp. Why didnt you ask why it was after that that Ndidi was invited. Is Ndidi also a goalkeeper?

Nobody started out to disgrace Enyeama. He was the only trying to play a fast one on the coach by making him look stupid in the midst of the players.

I don't care about Oliseh as a coach. They can sack him tomorrow if they want. I don't like his selections and I have said that alot of times, so it doesn't concern me if he is a makeshift coach.
[/b]

U missed my point i don't take either side as the gospel truth. You keep blaming Enyeama like u don't know the man's judgement was clouded. He was a walking bomb set to blow up. His mother was his world.This is not hard too understand.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
The only person that's being sincere so far here is Joseph1013!
Let's call spade a spade, and stop calling black an ash colour! We should try to be rational and stop being sentimental for God's sake!!!
Oliseh said on Brila fm that; he traveled to France and had a meeting with Enyeama to share his philosophy and plans with him. What do you call that? Respect?! However Enyeama was speaking of retirement
He was top on the maiden list of Players invited by Oliseh, yet he opted out without communicating with the Coach, rather posting on Instagram! What do you call that?! Reciprocal?!
That's not all, he supposed to resume on Monday, he didn't show up, and didn't communicate with the Coach..... and yet you Guys are expecting Oliseh to still believe in him as the Leader of the Team?!
Why are we intentionally ignoring the facts?
This is frustrating mehn!!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
Just an opinion, nothing more......

*smiles* what basis do you have to call the rest of us insincere?

adeyemi2015:
The only person that's being sincere so far here is Joseph1013!
Let's call spade a spade, and stop calling black an ash colour! We should try to be rational and stop being sentimental for God's sake!!!
Oliseh said on Brila fm that; he traveled to France and had a meeting with Enyeama to share his philosophy and plans with him. What do you call that? Respect?! However Enyeama was speaking of retirement
He was top on the maiden list of Players invited by Oliseh, yet he opted out without communicating with the Coach, rather posting on Instagram! What do you call that?! Reciprocal?!
That's not all, he supposed to resume on Monday, he didn't show up, and didn't communicate with the Coach..... and yet you Guys are expecting Oliseh to still believe in him as the Leader of the Team?!
Why are we intentionally ignoring the facts?
This is frustrating mehn!!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

U missed my point i don't take either side as the gospel truth. You keep blaming Enyeama like u don't know the man's judgement was clouded. He was a walking bomb set to blow up. His mother was his world.This is not hard too understand.
Exactly! Enyeama was simply emotional. You could imagine that that night, they clarified things and things were going on well only for Enyeama to go on Instagram and bring his mother to a conversation that never involved her at all. That's what's called currying emotional favours. And it achieved all that Vincent intended because there is no one that would see that post and would not identify with him. Dude even put up several crying emoticons on the post. Something that had raised when he had issues with Oliseh. Very childish.

On purely emotional terms, my heart goes to Enyeama. On rational, looking at what happened from different sources, I am tilting towards Oliseh.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
When will this matter be put to rest ? Enyeama is a hero and he has retired , Oliseh is the boss of the super eagles and he need to work seriously on the team . Can we move on?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahahaha..... Nice. But you see Sir...... Psychology in this case is of the simple kind not complex.

So it's very easy to deduce that Oliseh simply "never had it in mind to tell Enyeama privately".

If he had it in mind....... He would have done so much earlier....... That's simple psychological truth.

In fact Oliseh would have mentioned such( that he meant to tell Enyeama but he was beclouded with thoughts) in the interview to further back up his "innocence" BUT HE DIDN'T!!!!!!! Meaning he never even considered doing such........ So as a result Sir......

Oliseh is indeed at fault also.......*smiles*

If that's the way to go then when we watch Enyeama's video, we can say infer alot of things. For instance, we can infer that Oliseh called the security on him. We can say Oliseh didn't care about his many years of service for the nation. Clearly wrong deductions!

So that Oliseh did not mention it when it was not expressly asked is not enough to say he didn't have the intention. How many minutes was the interview? From simple inference, all that was in Oliseh's mind at the time of the meeting was expressing his displeasure at the players for their lackadaisical approach to training.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Just an opinion, nothing more......

*smiles* what basis do you have to call the rest of us insincere?

Cos it's obvious you Guys are siding with Enyeama, and fully against the selection of Ahmad Musa by the Coach!
However the Players are already moving on.....!!!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Danycrusoe:
If The Brazilian Coach Can Easily Transfer The Captain's Arm Band From Thiago Silva To Neymar Easily Without Noise Then I Dont See Why Mr Sunday Should Find It Difficult To Follow Suit. The Coach Has The Right To Change His Captain But He Most Do It With Sense Without Hurtn The Former Captain.
The Deed As Been Done No Need To Cry Over Spilled Milk. However Everything Should Be Put In Order Before Swaziland cum n Make A Bigger Fool Out Of Us NB: No One Should Expect A Win Against Cameroun Infact We Should Be Grateful For A Draw, A Win 4 Us Would Be A Shocker BECAUSE OLISEH NOW RULES OVER A DIVIDED HOUSE
That example is GREAT to exonerate Oliseh. Dunga never informed Silva that he was removing him. He never did. He just got into the dressing room and realized that Neymar was given the band. It was alot worse than what Oliseh did.

Yet Silva didn't see the captaincy has his father's property to make noise at. He respected the decision, kitted up, and walked to the pitch to play the game. That's a leader. He know it's not by title or braggadocio.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hahahahahahahahaha........... It's not my fault Sir Joseph.
*raises hands*

It's just psychology at its "simple" but not simplest........
*smiles*

But it's ok aiiit.............. I think we better listen to Sir Lexyman. Besides I gotta go.

*giggling* It's been a pleasure.....

GOD BLESS THE SUPER EAGLES! GOD BLESS NIGERIA! *smiles*

joseph1013:
If that's the way to go then when we watch Enyeama's video, we can say infer alot of things. For instance, we can infer that Oliseh called the security on him. We can say Oliseh didn't care about his many years of service for the nation. Clearly wrong deductions!

So that Oliseh did not mention it when it was not expressly asked is not enough to say he didn't have the intention. How many minutes was the interview? From simple inference, all that was in Oliseh's mind at the time of the meeting was expressing his displeasure at the players for their lackadaisical approach to training.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hahahahahahaha. ..........And you're not with Oliseh on this??

It's funny........ You know. *smiles*

Look, I'm ok with with being misunderstood aiiit..... Coz I can always try to clarify. *smiles*

But as far as I can see, You're the only one with such an opinion.

I believe in viewing things as a whole NOT in parts.

And I insist on looking at things from the "very initial" point where Chaos could have been averted...... At that particular point in this case, the "ball" was in Oliseh's court.... Had he played it well......... Things would not have happened this way.

But it's ok........ I know I run the risk of being viewed as biased. But believe me, had there been any "clear" point where the "ball" was in Enyeama's court before "THE POINT I SPEAK OF AS REGARDS BEING IN OLISEH'S", I would trace it all from there and Enyeama will take the major 'initial' blame.

But that's not the case........ So it all falls on Oliseh here........ "Initially". Had he done what I mentioned earlier, Nigeria won't have to be climbing out of another "setback" pit.

BUT HEY! WHAT DO I KNOW RIGHT? *smiles*

I'm just some "bookish" science scholar and medical student who isn't supposed to understand authority and leadership as applied to soccer.

So it's ok to term me "biased" and "INSINCERE" if u wish....... But I know this..... Truth can't be ignored for long (why am I saying this? You could say this as well.... After all, I'm insincere right?)

Have a good evening Sir......... And just.......................

Take care.........*smiles and giggles*

P.S: maybe you should check out my "long epistle" on Safarigirl's thread ( "Oliseh vs Enyeama and the Impending Doom"wink on the very first page and you'll see that I have no issues with Musa being named Captain but with What Oliseh failed to do. Pls do check it out SO THAT YOU'LL HAVE AN IDEA OF THE PEOPLE YOU ADDRESS..... For the near future.

adeyemi2015:

Cos it's obvious you Guys are siding with Enyeama, and fully against the selection of Ahmad Musa by the Coach!
However the Players are already moving on.....!!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
joseph1013:
That example is GREAT to exonerate Oliseh. Dunga never informed Silva that he was removing him. He never did. He just got into the dressing room and realized that Neymar was given the band. It was alot worse than what Oliseh did.

Yet Silva didn't see the captaincy has his father's property to make noise at. He respected the decision, kitted up, and walked to the pitch to play the game. That's a leader. He know it's not by title or braggadocio.

Dunga said it in one of his interview before he got the job of Brazilian , that when he become d coach of the Brazilian , he will string Dunga of his captain-ship cos he behaved too big for the team. As soon as he got the job , the first thing he did was to choose a new captain .

But mind u , in terms of attitude off the pitch and on d pitch Neymar was not closed to being the captain ...but he has got the skills , the ability , and d positive attitude to winning the game .

Nice one Joseph u re being sport on !

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.