Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696300 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 1:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
did I just read that iheanacho will perform better than Walcott if he plays the same matches? the HYPE continues!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by shizzy7(f): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2015
AIG07:

well, Sir. Nerd has don d needful.
It seems u know Miss Safari somewhere outside here(this thread)-that's lovely. But we here have learn't to condone each other despite our differences-which has always been bringing people like me back here. I call t E-HOME. Once again welcome
I like the way you all correspond with each other in a respectable manner at least one less e-war threads but e-peace. I have met safari&Supernerd before.
In sports, I only follow current trends like Afrobasket,AAG and now I'm waiting for U-17 world cup where Nigeria has broken records and performed excellently. I hope this U-17 squad will make another history..
In foreign sports I am actually clueless but I am an Arsenal fan because my cousin told me to support them.. I don't even know one player in the club....
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Sir blueto, *tears forming* pls come back, ok..... I'm sorry.... I promise I'll never be "sesquipedalianic" again..... #CrossMyHeart *smiles*

*laughs boisterously*

I was sarcastic with my previous asseveration.
Please remit the discombobulation.

How are we sure you have 'tears' in your eyes grin

Upload a picture of you crying to substantiate your postulation before I will accede.
for now, I dissenter smiley
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
AIG07:
u again!!!-I THINK the house should nominate u to PMB as a sport minister-probably ur grammer 'll bring sanity to our FOOTBALL N other sports administration in this nation of ours!

Good afternoon sir.
I appreciate your benevolent comment, but can a current 'under-graduate' become a political minister? grin

I predicate that it is unconstitutional smiley

There is time for every thing..

once again, I appreciate!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
I still respect Icons opinion and others in general , but judging by what I have been reading over the potentials of iheanacho and what he can become in future . I think we need icons opionion to counter every hype we give to our players , if we are to go by antecedents and making references to our past footballer and some of the present stars it's better we criticize them and make them work more to prove us wrong . (It's for our benefit)

I salute all the super hot guys in the house ... Superdupernerd , safari ,the good joe , Joseph, aigo7 and the rest ...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2015
lexyman:
I still respect Icons opinion and others in general , but judging by what I have been reading over the potentials of iheanacho and what he can become in future . I think we need icons opionion to counter every hype we give to our players , if we are to go by antecedents and making references to our past footballer and some of the present stars it's better we criticize them and make them work more to prove us wrong . (It's for our benefit)

I salute all the super hot guys in the house ... Superdupernerd , safari ,the good joe , Joseph, aigo7 and the rest ...
exactly!

the moment we realize this and become pragmatic with it, the better.
but I want to enunciate that hyping someone sometimes enables the individual to upgrade their abilities in other to measure up and be worthy of the hype. just like how England hyped the likes of Sterling, Walcot...

I think it all depends on their mindsets. If a player is not contented with his infinistesimal capabilty that he/she may be playing at a particular time, thus, he/she will decode a hype as a motivation, rather than gratification, unlike like most players do.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
safarigirl:
the best in England is average at best anywhere else. I thought we've already established that

That is why I'm saying it will be hard for a Nigerian to star in the epl. I don't rate Sterling over Victor Moses as of today or next year but still Liverpool chose to ignore better talent over an English international and that is were my fear rises for Iheanacho.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
lexyman:

people don't think alike. Hyping works for some and critiquing for others. Perhaps hyping Kelechi will make him want to do more and critiquing him will make him feel useless. If someone keeps telling you you're dumb, you could end up feeling dumb. Icon doesn't criticize, that would involve stating the good and bad of the player and points to help him improve. How many good things has he said of Kelechi? Na so so comparison. Kelechi vs. Aguero, Silva, Sterling, Ogbeche, Rabiu, soon he'll compare him to Agbim. That boy is yet to put a foot wrong, until he does, we will keep hyping him. The day he phucks up, we'll deal with him like we've been dealing with Mikel for the past 5 or so years
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
Most of you forget Kelechi is a Nigerian. We spare no one, the day he plays rubbish, we'll turn on him with a comprehensive list of his faults. You can not start finding fault in a working car unless you're looking for an excuse to replace it

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2015
Icon4s:

My brother its as if u dnt really understand our arguments here.We all agree including my humble self that Iheanacho is a Talented player and has a bright prospect. However, where we have nt agreed are:

1. That phrase "he is not there yet". They believe Iheanacho even at his current game level is among d best in the EPL. I am saying he is nt there yet meaning he is not among d best yet. They can even throw stones at me if possible at the mwntion of that phrase" nt there yet". Were u nt the one in an argument abt Iheanacho vs Victor Moses? I mean on what grounds can u compare Iheanacho that has nt played up to 30mins of EPL witg Victor Moses. They even say Iheanacho can effortlessly walk into d starting 11 of Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool.Some1 even said Iheanacho is better than Giroud and Walcott. I dnt know what u will call that but I call it "Hype"!

2. I chose to b a bit conservative on my expectations. Remember I say he is a bright "prospect". It is nt 100% certain that he will become another Ronaldo or Messi cos a good number if footballers both in Nigeria and d world started like this and dey ended up average or below average.Some even say Iheanacho is d best player dat has ever played d U17 & for that he will authomatically b d greatest of his generation.My take is let us see him enjoy more playing time we will better b able to place him in a class. And some say he is already in a class of his own he should nt b classed with other EPL players bc he will DEFINITELY be better than them.

My brother I am a Nigerian like every one of us here. We all want d best for our national teams and dat starts with producing world class players. In my heart I believe Iheanacho is on his way to stardom bt henn several factors can make a once promising talent fail to live up to expectation.

I dnt care if I am d only one here on this side of d argument bt I know what I am talking abt.

Jst a little more of my CV: I have been involved in football development (youth level). I have understudied d root courses of failures of young talents to mature into d super stars that were expected of them. I have organised seminars on topics affecting youth developments at Diff academies. Iheanacho and a few others have attended my class.

Trust me I am a lot into youth development, even though it is nt my full time Job.Enjoy visiting dis thread cos I like interacting with youths. I learn alot from them as I have learnt alot from this thread.
Let us leave it there.

I appreciate the work u are doing but that doesn't justify u constantly stepping on our flame. It is so basic for you to say Iheanacho isn't "there yet" because who is? Please tell me are you saying Ahmed Musa is "there"? If so how do u explain his recent poor showing for Nigeria or his inability to finish easy scoring opportunities. Lets look at the world Messi was missing penalties he has to work on that when he comes back also Ronaldo isn't scoring every game like he did last season you can bet he is working on that cuz the guy loves goals. The thing which as a football man you should know is that no player is a finished article they get better each day. See I try to speak facts I don't go into what I don't know and what I do know is that Iheanacho is a very clinical striker and he also makes smart passes. His coach and teammates have spoken highly of him Kompany said even when he plays bad he scores. So knowing all that it is not so crazy for people like me to say Arsenal or Liverpool might be a good home for him in facts its only logical knowing both teams have issues in their finishing departments. Now making that comment cost nothing its not like we have these teams check books ready to sign. Its just a what if statement. So there is no reason for you to be a kill joy especially when u have no valid data to back up ur analysis.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Jaypea98: 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hello guys.
As much as i recognise iheanacho's immense talent , i must say he is being 'hyper hyped' lol by some of the guys here.
I go with Icon2s on this.
One question though...
Who do you rate higher between
Andreas Perreira and Kelechi Iheanacho...
Keeping in mind the fact that both these guys have come up against themselves this year in the WYC ;With the former triumphing at the latter's expense?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I appreciate the work u are doing but that doesn't justify u constantly stepping on our flame. It is so basic for you to say Iheanacho isn't "there yet" because who is? Please tell me are you saying Ahmed Musa is "there"? If so how do u explain his recent poor showing for Nigeria or his inability to finish easy scoring opportunities. Lets look at the world Messi was missing penalties he has to work on that when he comes back also Ronaldo isn't scoring every game like he did last season you can bet he is working on that cuz the guy loves goals. The thing which as a football man you should know is that no player is a finished article they get better each day. See I try to speak facts I don't go into what I don't know and what I do know is that Iheanacho is a very clinical striker and he also makes smart passes. His coach and teammates have spoken highly of him Kompany said even when he plays bad he scores. So knowing all that it is not so crazy for people like me to say Arsenal or Liverpool might be a good home for him in facts its only logical knowing both teams have issues in their finishing departments. Now making that comment cost nothing its not like we have these teams check books ready to sign. Its just a what if statement. So there is no reason for you to be a kill joy especially when u have no valid data to back up ur analysis.
this should be the long and short of what everyone else is saying here. I hope this is the end of the 'Is he there yet?' argument. Anyone else that says whatever in relation to Kelechi and 'being there' should not be entertained
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2015
Jaypea98:
Hello guys.
As much as i recognise iheanacho's immense talent , i must say he is being 'hyper hyped' lol by some of the guys here.
One question though...
Keeping in mind the fact that both these guys have come up against themselves this year in the WYC ;With the former triumphing at the latter's expense?
guy, we're done with this argument. No more comparisons, I never even hear of the Perreira after WYC.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
Holy Smokes........ You really are one heck of a "sesquipedalianist"

*now is my turn to take off* #ZoomsOff *only for 20 mins* #winks

blueto:

*laughs boisterously*

I was sarcastic with my previous asseveration.
Please remit the discombobulation.

How are we sure you have 'tears' in your eyes grin

Upload a picture of you crying to substantiate your postulation before I will accede.
for now, I dissenter smiley
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
I tire o!!! I think he's a Man utd fan (maybe I'm wrong).

Andreas Perreira is a fantastic and an interesting talent. Hope Man utd gives him more chances.

safarigirl:
guy, we're done with this argument. No more comparisons, I never even hear of the Perreira after WYC.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2015
Well said Sir BascoVanVeli......... *smiles*

*thumbs up* And like the "First Lady", Safarihoney, said, "This is the long and short of it all......"

BascoVanVeli:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hey! Hi there..... Good to have you.

But you see, you got the name of an "elder" wrong....... it's "Icon4s" NOT "Icon2s" aiiit.....
*smiles*

Thanks for showing up.... *hi five*

Jaypea98:
Hello guys.
One question though...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Holy Smokes........ You really are one heck of a "sesquipedalianist"

*now is my turn to take off* #ZoomsOff *only for 20 mins* #winks

chai.

Nawa o grin

Good evening. hope you had a nice day
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 06, 2015
safarigirl:
ok. since the 'argument' have now been subsided. what do we delibrate on now?

please someone should raise a topic for us to delibrate on.
delibration makes the thread lively.

besides, where are these sports folks: Theben, naijanoni?
I have not been seeing their comments recently
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
blueto:
ok. since the 'argument' have now been subsided. what do we delibrate on now?

please someone should raise a topic for us to delibrate on.
delibration makes the thread lively.

besides, where are these sports folks: Theben, naijanoni?
I have not been seeing their comments recently

Ok i have one that has been on my mind.
Which 3 older players do we take to the Olympics in Brasil?
I honestly can't name 3 I only have Enyeama.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Ok i have one that has been on my mind.
Which 3 older players do we take to the Olympics in Brasil?
I honestly can't name 3 I only have Enyeama.

If you are talking about older players that we should go with to the Olympic , you have to consider a game winner , game changer and some that can influence the game , it's not about how good they re but someone who can use that positive attitude towards winning the game ,

Enyeama is one , I think I will pick Onazi to support Vincent , then who do we have to fill the 3rd space .

My reason for picking Onazi :on his good day he's a good dm and he has the ability to take the fight to the opponent when there is need for it also his long range short can be useful .
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:09pm On Oct 06, 2015
lexyman:

If you are talking about older players that we should go with to the Olympic , you have to consider a game winner , game changer and some that can influence the game , it's not about how good they re but someone who can use that positive attitude towards winning the game ,

Enyeama is one , I think I will pick Onazi to support Vincent , then who do we have to fill the 3rd space .

My reason for picking Onazi :on his good day he's a good dm and he has the ability to take the fight to the opponent when there is need for it also his long range short can be useful .

Yea our U-23 midfield is pretty stacked but I could accept him because of his experience and ability to play numerous positions especially defensively. I hope we don't let politics play a part in the selection of this team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
lexyman:

i pray we qualify. Sincerely speaking we have bundles of talent that can win us d olympic Gold medal. No they 're are just too much only if d best'll be invited.
I think v. Moses can also make d cut. Musa 'll be 23 den.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2015
In another news coach Oliseh is undergoing tough time with his team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
AIG07:
In another news coach Oliseh is undergoing tough time with his team.
twitter says he kicked out Enyeama cuz Enyeama asked why he made Musa captain
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
AIG07:

i pray we qualify. Sincerely speaking we have bundles of talent that can win us d olympic Gold medal. No they 're are just too much only if d best'll be invited.
I think v. Moses can also make d cut. Musa 'll be 23 den.
We will qualify , provided our players are committed ....
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2015
safarigirl:
twitter says he kicked out Enyeama cuz Enyeama asked why he made Musa captain
I Read About It On Goal And If It Is True Then It Marks The Likely Beginning Of The End For Enyeama In The Team And Potential source of new Crises in NT
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
I fear for yahaya... Seems Tt arent taking him serious.... Hmmm
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 9:55pm On Oct 06, 2015
chai I seriously don't knw wat to say bout the enyeama issue but make dem just settle am sharpaly after all enyeama's work his national career can't just end on a sour note oh
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
Danycrusoe:

I Read About It On Goal And If It Is True Then It Marks The Likely Beginning Of The End For Enyeama In The Team And Potential source of new Crises in NT
back to siasia's era u remember? Abeg we can't afford to miss another AFCON.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2015
NFF says Enyeama has agreed to not leave, but we all know how these coach-player rifts work. Once the match has been struck, the fire starts and that fire won't be good for the team especially where the player is an influential one like Enyeama
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
linked:

Mister man... Are you are robot?.. What is all this ''he is not there yet'' you are spewing around on this thread..
By the way.. Where is the ''there'' his isn't yet?
Abi English dey hard you understand?

Every one in this thread less one knows and believe nacho is a super-talented kid. He is among the most talented in his age grade.. We know he has the potential to reach the apogee of the game and revel in the glory presently exclusive to the messi and ronaldo of this world... Is this hard to understand
Did anyone in this thread ever insinuate that nacho was shortchanged of last year's balon d or
Did anyone ever give a hint that nacho is being shortchanged and humilated in his being understudy to a certain aguero
People on this thread have consistently express their desire that nacho remain in the big club-MCFC so he keep learning from the best... But ad-interim there remain the consensus that nacho is a super-talented kid waiting to metamorphose into a player described only with superlative adjectives...

So man... If I hear that phrase again!!! ..hmm.. Keep confusing yourself
Chaiiiii!!! See bad mouth.
Sir Linked I fear you oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.