Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF (55045 Views)

Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF / Keshi To Oliseh: You Were Nobody When You Started / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by englishmart(m): 5:50am On Oct 17, 2014
onila:
but we won the match

Y did they still sack him undecided
south Africa drew with congo. Making it narrower for us to qualify.

If you were at the stadium to see our rage, we were mean and ready to sack keshi ourselves.

It's a good thing he was sacked. He's inept and doesn't yield to advice/instructions. He quarrels with our experienced players and bring in inexperienced players from lower divisions in Asian clubs. Forgetting those players that unanimously gave him the nations' cup trophy.. He single-handedly made super eagles a formidable side, and he single-handedly turn super eagles to underdogs before our underdogs.
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by smudge2079(m): 5:57am On Oct 17, 2014
Hahahaha. Glass house of comedy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by ONYEBALL: 6:00am On Oct 17, 2014
I commend NFF on this one,how can a coach be so stubborn to the extent of ignoring our hot strikers at a time when we needed them the most because of small small 'egunje' he collects from players who just want to gain cheap popularity.abeg make keshi go rest e don try.

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by SeniorSana(m): 6:01am On Oct 17, 2014
Lie capital lie... One thing with we nigerians is we don't like good thing.

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by hardbody: 6:18am On Oct 17, 2014
TheGoodJoeHunt4:
[b]It is clear that fighting for Nigerians is the most difficult task to do.

I wonder what was Coach Keshi's crime. He should call Uche? Or Martin's? Are there not players in the country who could do better?

I do not think they was a hostile reception of Coach Keshi because he left his technical area through out the game. That does not signify a man being pelted,

Thank you Coach Keshi for your hard work. The new stars you discovered for the country and the home based lads you exposed and gave them hope for a better life.

Coach Keshi and his crew are heroes. I will never forget them.

My Best Moments Under Coach Keshi and his crew.

The Super Eagles draw against Catalonia. Nice goal by Bright Dike.
The Super Eagles success in defeating Cote d'Ivoire at AFCON.
The demolition of Mali at the AFCON.
The Triumph over Burkina Faso and the win of the AFCON.
Mikel's lovely goal against Uruguay at the Confederations cup.
Mikel's dominating performance against Spain.
Mikel's nomination for the African Player Of The Year.

The turn around performance of the Super Eagles in the CHAN game against Morocco.
The equalising goal by Uzoenyi against Morroco at the CHAN. A lovely curling goal.
The winning goal by Ibrahim Abubakar. The dance after the goal was funny and memorable.

Nigeria's World Cup Qualification winning game. The way people of Calabar ran to the section of the VIP crew to Celebrate with the Governor of the Cross River state - Gov. Liyel Imoke.

The draw against Italy. The man of the match performance of Shola Ameobi. One assist and A Lovely goal by Shola Ameobi after receiving an amazing cross from Benjamin Francis.

The defeat of Bosnia at the World Cup. A Nice slot in by Osaze and a last minute foot save by Enyeama, stopping Dzeko's chance of a last minute equaliser.
The brace of Ahmed Musa against Argentina.

Finally the brace and goals from Ahmed Musa against Sudan. The lovely goal from Aaron Samuel. Despite all the criticism of bringing a player from the Chinese league, showed Aaron Samuel had quality.

Miss you Da Big Boss and his crew.[/b]

So he eventually died? Chai chisos......

3 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by YekinniOlamide(m): 6:19am On Oct 17, 2014
Pinnick or Picnic or whatever his name is was never a fan of Keshi even b4 his appointment as NNF president, so make d guy no give stupid excuses abt saving his life...mthcheeeew.

2 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by jbest247: 6:20am On Oct 17, 2014
Keshi has done so well. Kudos him.
As Amodu, congratulations!!!! And we look forward to ur successful results and making nigerians proud.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by logica(m): 6:20am On Oct 17, 2014
Right. So how does bringing in a foreign coach figure in the plan? As usual, inflate the salary of the foreign coach and skim off the top abi? Awon ole.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by seekier(m): 6:25am On Oct 17, 2014
Lies! they do not want him to be angry at them but they themselves knows the main reasons why he must be asked stay away from any nigeria stadium. but why Amodu for Godsake? Amodu is just too local in his ways, and when last did nigerian heard anything about this man called amodu? I smell somtin fishing.......,
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Lovettokon(f): 6:25am On Oct 17, 2014
Miz u keshi
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 17, 2014
Confused Nation.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by flowales(m): 6:27am On Oct 17, 2014
Always leave when the ovation is high. That's the word
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by free2ryhme: 6:27am On Oct 17, 2014
msmon:
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/sacked-keshi-save-life-nff/

By John Egbokha

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick has said that Coach Stephen
Keshi was sacked to safeguard him from the wrath of enraged Nigerian fans, who were on the
brink of lynching him during Wednesday’s 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier with Sudan.

Pinnick and other NFF Executive Committee members watched with awe, as fans pelted Keshi
with water bottles and stones as they demanded for the head of the 2013 AFCON winner at the
Abuja National Stadium, venue of the match, which Nigeria won 3-1 to keep alive their hopes of
qualifying for next year’s tournament in Morocco.

Chants of “Keshi must go:, “sack Keshi” and “we don’t want Keshi
again” rented the air as fans went overdrive in their bid to get their
voices heard by the NFF, who swiftly swung into action in the wee
hours of yesterday by axing the former Togo and Mali coach.

And speaking when he paid a courtesy visit to the Minister of Sports
and Chairman, National Sports Commission, Dr. Tamuno Danagogo
yesterday, Pinnick explained the personal safety of Keshi was
considered more important than anything else.

Pinnck, it was learnt told the Minister that he was shocked with the
hostile reception of the fans towards Keshi, arguing that it would be
dangerous for Keshi to remain as coach in the face of such hostility.

He added that it was the first time in recent years that abuses and stones were rained down on a
Nigerian coach by fans.

“It was too much to bear. The fans were coming for him and it was going to be a security risk for
us as people had ran out of patience and were prepared to break the law to achieve their aim.

Keshi’s personal safety was paramount in our decision to relieve him of his duties”, Pinnick said.

A classic case of giving a dog a bad name because you want to hang it

2 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by elisa121s(m): 6:30am On Oct 17, 2014
By sackin him is nt a gud idea but if to safe his life I tink is gud
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Samabu07(m): 6:32am On Oct 17, 2014
Why name a Dog bad just to kill it. Most stupid thing I read this morning.

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by msmon(m): 6:35am On Oct 17, 2014
flowales:
Always leave when the ovation is high. That's the word

You are have fan of Robert Greene and Macheavelli of this world.

**On topic:
It has been said that 'a failure isn't the man who made a choice and fail but the man who never made a choice'. To make a choice and lack the audacity to defend the decision is what I don't have any word for, we will start from square one again. NFF is shit!

*** Glad I'm on FP today, it's the first of many today. I dedicate dis to my unborn son who will make nairaland is favorite website.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by M4gunners: 6:37am On Oct 17, 2014
Is this your only reason for sacking Keshi Mr chairman?Then i sensed another failed NFF if you ask me. A delta man for that matter.No u 4my hand.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Tymax(m): 6:37am On Oct 17, 2014
Imagine the excuse. To save his life? cheesy

"Keshi was on a losing streak so we sacked him." Now that's a better statement that the flimsy excuse.

Amodu is the wrong man for the job. How many times would NFF sack that guy before he retires from coaching?

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by lawrenceunaa: 6:42am On Oct 17, 2014
Non of my business tongue
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Benjaminbest(m): 6:47am On Oct 17, 2014
another big lie jst to cover up dier dirty game. The truth is NFF never liked him and have always being envy of him because of his abilities to use amateur in d field of play not professionals let wait and see if amodu will spend six months in dat interim coaching. Rubbish...

The truth remain sack keshi today and bring him back tomoro
sack amodu today and bring him back tomoro
sack siasia today and bring him back tomoro
those are dsame fans dat were clapping dier hands wen amodu was sacked few years ago but were are they now they are playing dumb

3 Likes

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 17, 2014
We really thank him for the great he had done. Things can only get better.

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by BRAV0O(m): 6:54am On Oct 17, 2014
For those of you de bunking nff statement are just ignorance of reality cuz nff stated the truth, God knows what would have happen to keshi assuming SE lost the match against sudan on our soil.

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 17, 2014
dedons:
oga na wa o.

There's nothing like "stupidest" in English language...

It's "most stupi.d" sir.

You're wrong. Stupidest is a correct term to use.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stupidest
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Ately: 6:56am On Oct 17, 2014
I don't belvit...just go straight to d point....(He is not good enough) angry
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by Onmason(m): 6:58am On Oct 17, 2014
Can someone tell me weda it was stupidity dat qaulified ds 'picnic' of a guy fr his job? Does he think we are idiots?? So d best way to save a person's life is by sacking him Anyway, d law of diminishing returns had obviously set in on Keshi. He had his good times but typically refused 2 bow out wen d ovation was loudest. No surprise since black men have vowed dat dey must hold on to positions untill dey are DISGRACED out of it. Good ridance to bad rubbish!

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by grandstar(m): 6:58am On Oct 17, 2014
Winners never quit and quitters never win. This man (Pinnick) just quit!

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by natureblack(m): 7:03am On Oct 17, 2014
Story for the gods sad
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by msmon(m): 7:04am On Oct 17, 2014
ROSSIKE:

You're wrong. Stupidest is a correct term to use.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stupidest

I'm glad you came back to correct him, that dedon or what's his name. Some people see themselves as an epitome of knowledge, i will like to see you response @dedons. Next time check my signature and learn.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:08am On Oct 17, 2014
onila:
but we won the match

Y did they still sack him undecided
You sef see am this way abi, your post nulified NFA's stupid reason.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by natureblack(m): 7:08am On Oct 17, 2014
BRAV0O:
For those of you de bunking nff statement are just ignorance of reality cuz nff stated the truth, God knows what would have happen to keshi assuming SE lost the match against sudan on our soil.
nothing would have happened,the blabbing would have ended on the internet,most especially nairaland.

we win some,lose some and wreck some.I guess we all remember the wrecked ones.
Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by paulsir: 7:08am On Oct 17, 2014
He has finally joined the millions iunemployed youths in Nigeria,hope he has registered with jobberman and NGcareer?,and probably linkedin to get international job.

1 Like

Re: We Sacked Keshi To Save His Life – NFF by brilliant5(m): 7:08am On Oct 17, 2014
msmon:
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/sacked-keshi-save-life-nff/

By John Egbokha

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick has said that Coach Stephen
Keshi was sacked to safeguard him from the wrath of enraged Nigerian fans, who were on the
brink of lynching him during Wednesday’s 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier with Sudan.

Pinnick and other NFF Executive Committee members watched with awe, as fans pelted Keshi
with water bottles and stones as they demanded for the head of the 2013 AFCON winner at the
Abuja National Stadium, venue of the match, which Nigeria won 3-1 to keep alive their hopes of
qualifying for next year’s tournament in Morocco.

Chants of “Keshi must go:, “sack Keshi” and “we don’t want Keshi
again” rented the air as fans went overdrive in their bid to get their
voices heard by the NFF, who swiftly swung into action in the wee
hours of yesterday by axing the former Togo and Mali coach.

And speaking when he paid a courtesy visit to the Minister of Sports
and Chairman, National Sports Commission, Dr. Tamuno Danagogo
yesterday, Pinnick explained the personal safety of Keshi was
considered more important than anything else.

Pinnck, it was learnt told the Minister that he was shocked with the
hostile reception of the fans towards Keshi, arguing that it would be
dangerous for Keshi to remain as coach in the face of such hostility.

He added that it was the first time in recent years that abuses and stones were rained down on a
Nigerian coach by fans.

“It was too much to bear. The fans were coming for him and it was going to be a security risk for
us as people had ran out of patience and were prepared to break the law to achieve their aim.

Keshi’s personal safety was paramount in our decision to relieve him of his duties”, Pinnick said.

NFF u guys wld hv sd smthelse to justify dis sack dan this. Nt gud enof

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

OFFICIAL: Every Confirmed 23-man World Cup Squad Announced / Yakubu Ayegbeni Buys Range Rover For His Wife, Yvonne Ayegbeni (Photo) / Eriksen Is Unlikely To Play Football Again, Says NHS Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.