Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS (57675 Views)

75 Plots For Sale With C Of O In Ibadan For 350k Per Plot. (full Pictures) / Before & After: Renovation/Remodelling Jobs Full Of Surprises / Need To Drill Quality Boreholes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 11:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
omotoda:

I am also considering setting a solar installation for a 3 bedroom flat.It will carry just basic appliances (light, fan, TV LIGHTS).I can't afford the luxury of having them power my fridge, freezer and AC.May I have your bronchure as well as cost implication.I presently run on 2 different inverters.A 1.5KVA with 2 batteries which powers my house and a 2.4kva with 2 batteries exclusively for my freezer.

You can send the required info to smalleey2@yahoo.com
Ok sir will do that
All you need to add is a solar array to charge your batteries or to not only charge your batteries, but produce additional energy for day time use.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 11:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
peaceland:

great teachers knows the right examples to use in clarifying complex things.
i salute you sir!!!
PS:
I hereby apply for a copy of the brochure, I have been a good student, always in class, never playing truancy and never late to class sir!.
I promise to read the brochure well and use with reasonable care.
should my application be favourably considered; kindly forward to: atopeaceland at gmail dot com sir.
Thanks
grin
great teachers knows the right examples to use in clarifying complex things.
i salute you sir!!!
PS:
I hereby apply for a copy of the brochure, I have been a good student, always in class, never playing truancy and never late to class sir!.
I promise to read the brochure well and use with reasonable care.!!!
should my application be favourably considered; kindly forward to: atopeaceland at gmail dot com sir.
Thanks
All i can do is laff sir, you are a big boss sir so i have humbly sent the mail.

Glad you asked all the questions you did. It got things going.

Waiting to start the next solar power job so i can document it well for everyone to learn ( i hardly took pictures before)
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by omotoda(m): 12:43am On Nov 07, 2014
DRealGeesam:

Ok sir will do that
All you need to add is a solar array to charge your batteries or to not only charge your batteries, but produce additional energy for day time use.

Thanks I got your mail.Please for the option 1 you quoted for, will I be able to also charge the batteries with PHCN or are they going to be totally dependent on solar for the charging?.I have also sent this question via email.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 7:08am On Nov 07, 2014
omotoda:

Thanks I got your mail.Please for the option 1 you quoted for, will I be able to also charge the batteries with PHCN or are they going to be totally dependent on solar for the charging?.I have also sent this question via email.
It will be an hybrid system, you can still charge with PHCN and Gen.
If your batteries are full overnight (maybe phcn gave you power overnight), then it means when the sun rises, your batteries wont need charging so instead of wasting the solar energy you can put on your inverter and enjoy solar energy for some hours of the day because the batteries are already charged. Especially from 9 to 2pm (on recommended load) then you allow the batteries to regain it's buffer so you can enjoy it at night in case phcn will be holding their power. This is only for the solar charging option not the full solar power option. The option is available because it is unreasonable to always charge your inverter batteries with generator, to me it defeats the purpose of having an inverter. So for those who just don't want to be charging with generator can use solar power for this. Then there are those who really want to use solar power during the day and have their batteries charged against the night.

But for the full 24hrs system you get 24hrs running on the recommended max load. All systems are hybid, so you can use any AC source (phcn and generator) to charge too.

Hope this explains it sir

1 Like

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by omotoda(m): 7:36am On Nov 07, 2014
DRealGeesam:

If your batteries are full overnight (maybe phcn gave you power overnight), then it means when the sun rises, your batteries wont need charging so instead of wasting the solar energy you can put on your inverter and enjoy solar energy for some hours of the day because the batteries are already charged. Especially from 9 to 2pm (on recommended load) then you allow the batteries to regain it's buffer so you can enjoy it at night in case phcn will be holding their power. This is only for the solar charging option not the full solar power option. The option is available because it is unreasonable to always charge your inverter batteries with generator, to me it defeats the purpose of having an inverter. So for those who just don't want to be charging with generator can use solar power for this. Then there are those who really want to use solar power during the day and have their batteries charged against the night.

But for the full 24hrs system you get 24hrs running on the recommended max load. All systems are hybid, so you can use any AC source (phcn and generator) to charge too.

Thank you.It is well explained clearly.What I need is back up to PHCN/generator to charge my batteries.I will get across to you in due course.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
omotoda:

Thank you.It is well explained clearly.What I need is back up to PHCN/generator to charge my batteries.I will get across to you in due course.
That's an Hybrid system
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by MissTeaseMe(f): 8:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
DRealGeesam:

Hmmm
Thanks
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 8:41am On Nov 08, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

Hmmm
Thanks

You are wlcm
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by TOPAI7(m): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2014
I have really enjoyed your simple illustration that is void of ambiguous terms, it is very clear to us (laymen).

I will like to know the solar energy requirement and cost implications for a 1hp sumol pumping machine, 1 32" led tv, 2 fans, and probably a fridge.

Also include the price of a 1hp dc solar pump. The pump is too be used for a commercial purpose and might work 6hrs daily.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
TOPAI7:
I have really enjoyed your simple illustration that is void of ambiguous terms, it is very clear to us (laymen).

I will like to know the solar energy requirement and cost implications for a 1hp sumol pumping machine, 1 32" led tv, 2 fans, and probably a fridge.

Also include the price of a 1hp dc solar pump. The pump is too be used for a commercial purpose and might work 6hrs daily.
Thank you very much sir.
A 3kva system will work well for your requirement, but you will have to switch some things off while the pump is working so you inverter will serve you for a long time.

As stated earlier, MUST, LUMINUSS, SUKHAM, Xantrex... Inverters of 3kva cost avrg of N180,000 N250,000. As far as i am concerned they are all reliable. Except you are looking for some little extra features like energy use logging.

the least amount of batteries i will recommend is 8X200ah deep cc batteries. (Pumping machines are real energy guzzlers)

=N400,000

A solar array of 2kva is recommended to effectively charge the batteries against night use and for day time use on recommended max load.= N375,000

You need a 60amp mppt charge controller.

This is based on your request here sir
so you can see other options and make your choice.

For solar pump the is best for commercial purpose. Honestlythe best choice is grundfos sqf or lorentz p200

But grundfos is far more versatile.
Grundfos sqf 2, 3, 5 and 6 costs avrg of N250,000 to N280,000 now

If you can afford it, there is no regretting it. The pump is very rugged and durable.
Attached is a picture of me with one.

Hope this helps sir. All the best

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 11:41am On Nov 09, 2014
Happy sunday house.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
Good week ahead
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
New prospects
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by irokop(m): 11:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
DRealGeesam:
New prospects

Geesam pls what is the name of that stainless sub pump a hand is holding there and what is the HPower and price. Mercy boque
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by confluence: 1:28am On Nov 10, 2014
@DRealGeesam, you are doing a great job here sir, please need your opinion on an issue, i have this borehole which was drilled for me april this year, the water from boreholes seems to be mudy, but it is getting clearer now, but the challenge i currently have is that recently when i got to site to pump the water so as to get it more cleaner, i discover my gen went off immediately, later called my pump installer, said we need to pull pump out,cwhic h we did, later discover pump mud clay like soil around it, was serviced, now in an attempt to return pump back, pump could not go back to the borehole later the guy said may the casing has shifted,it was 5 " casing that was used,he suggested i buy another pump says slim pump, that will able to pass through that obscruction area inside borehole. Please have you experince such before? Do you have an idea how much .5 slim is sold, borehole is about 55-60m deep, what is your advice sir incase i get another pump slim, was told we should reduce no of pipes inside borehole. Thanks sir
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 8:39am On Nov 10, 2014
irokop:

Geesam pls what is the name of that stainless sub pump a hand is holding there and what is the HPower and price. Mercy boque
Sir that is a Grundfos SQflex 2-5 batchB pump
I have said so much on the sqf series on this thread. They are simply wonderful

They are not rated in horse powers though if i will compare it to a conventional pump, it is equal to a 2 or 3 hp pump.

It can work with as little as 0.4kva of power which will give you the equivalent output of a 0.5 hp pump and as much as 1.4kva of electricity and give you about 3hp equivalent of pump torque.

Price depends on where u buy it.

But most places sell btw N250,000 and N285,000

Thank you sir
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 8:50am On Nov 10, 2014
confluence:
@Op, you are doing a great job here sir, please need your opinion on an issue, i have this borehole which was drilled for me april this year, the water from boreholes seems to be mudy, but it is getting clearer now, but the challenge i currently have is that recently when i got to site to pump the water so as to get it more cleaner, i discover my gen went off immediately, later called my pump installer, said we need to pull pump out,cwhic h we did, later discover pump mud clay like soil around it, was serviced, now in an attempt to return pump back, pump could not go back to the borehole later the guy said may the casing has shifted,it was 5 " casing that was used,he suggested i buy another pump says slim pump, that will able to pass through that obscruction area inside borehole. Please have you experince such before? Do you have an idea how much .5 slim is sold, borehole is about 55-60m deep, what is your advice sir incase i get another pump slim, was told we should reduce no of pipes inside borehole. Thanks sir
This is a typical case of pooooooooooooor borehole casing.

Sir, Dont put any pump into that borehole else it could be lost forever

That borehole is slowly collapsing

Solution is to get those that do manual drilling and ask then to rework your borehole.

Then they insert a 3" casing inside the outer casing. This inner casing most go all the way down and should have enough screens to permit water flow.

Dont put any pump in that borehole without doing the above please.

All the best sir

1 Like

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 10:31am On Nov 10, 2014
Always solve the source of the problem not the symptoms
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by MissTeaseMe(f): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
Insightful indeed.
All the best and i believe u are preparing something big wink
Looking forward to it.

I know solar power helps in saving cost, but please is the anyway of cutting the initial high cost?
I ask here so we cld all benefit

Thnk u
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by irokop(m): 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
DRealGeesam:

Sir that is a Grundfos SQflex 2-5 batchB pump
I have said so much on the sqf series on this thread. They are simply wonderful

They are not rated in horse powers though if i will compare it to a conventional pump, it is equal to a 2 or 3 hp pump.

It can work with as little as 0.4kva of power which will give you the equivalent output of a 0.5 hp pump and as much as 1.4kva of electricity and give you about 3hp equivalent of pump torque.

Price depends on where u buy it.

But most places sell btw N250,000 and N285,000

Thank you sir

Thanks men
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 7:17am On Nov 11, 2014
irokop:

Thanks men
Very welcome sir
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 7:22am On Nov 11, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
Insightful indeed.
All the best and i believe u are preparing something big wink
Looking forward to it.

I know solar power helps in saving cost, but please is the anyway of cutting the initial high cost?
I ask here so we cld all benefit

Thnk u
Will do that.

I presently work on the most affordable and reliable solutions. I dont believe in big brand names (which equals to big costs). I believe in content, so far high standard components are used in manufacturing and there is good quality control.

I have seen inverters of N100,000 doing the job of one of N350,000 perfectly and with good track records. So it is all about finding the right combinations to get the job done at pocket friendly prices
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 11:27am On Nov 11, 2014
cheesy
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
On track
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
The best
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 8:01am On Nov 12, 2014
Concise. On point like a needle grin
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2014
Lots Coming up
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
cool
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2014
Go green
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 10:40am On Nov 13, 2014
Want to know how it can fit in your budget?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Somebody's Living Room Flooded In Lekki After The Rain (Photo) / Abuja’s Most Expensive Estates / Construction Of 4 Bedroom Duplex In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.