Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School (52999 Views)

Nigerian Law School Prospective 2015/2016 Set... / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Causes Of Mass-Failure In Public Examinations In Nigeria -By Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by ebukaOtika(m): 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
So WHO WILL JUDGE THE JUDGES,,.,,,,.,,.,,,,...?
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by ebukaOtika(m): 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
Omo pipo full dis place oooo,,,, 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12 13 13,,.,,,, i don taya sef
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by ebukaOtika(m): 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2014
hardbody:

God bless you sir. It is interesting to hear people talk about JAMB and WAEC not favouring them, a euphemism for saying i failed because i did not prepare well. Now they have been marked down and a different scheme introduced. Balderdash. Failure to prepare well has always amounted to preparation to fail well. We sef go the same Law School when we all had to use the Adeola Odeku auditorium and when there were no hostels or at best they were allocated by ballot. We still struggled coming from all parts of Lagos to write our qualifying examinations. This same OO taught me Civil Procedure and we all did not fail.

Brilliantly said ,.,,, like my Popsy go ask ,.,,, "Those that Passed how many heads do they have"

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Lawstudent: 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
akinsadeez:

Law-in-Practice. The only course where an F means you have to compulsorily rewrite the five papers.
cheers
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Lawstudent: 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
Claroo:

Law In Practice
cheers
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by kobonaire(m): 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
gift01:
No more 'let my people go' for aspiring lawyers. Raise the bar but not the fee
grin grin
Funny but 100% on point.

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
dt more dan 50% pass ... der pass ... na normal result 4 med skul b dz

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Jecyangel(f): 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
its quite unfortunate but am so happy that my baby made it.. so so proud of him
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2014
datalossvictim1:
Even after 5 good years shocked dummies! angry it takes me 3 months for one module! Iti boribos angry

I wouldn't assume that those who failed refused to read. The sudden time constraint may have been a factor too.

You seem to be very smart though; completing one module in 3 months adighi ofele cheesy
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by akinsadeez(m): 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
ebukaOtika:

GBAM ! ! ! ,,.,,. That got me shocked when i read that in the news,,.,,,, they are now way better than the Police ,,.,,. Awon Senior Thieves,,,,

It isn't always the fault of the senior lawyers or the judges. After Ibori's case, EFCC also prosecuted Dimeji Bankole, Bode George, Ikuforiji,(Lagos state speaker) and lately Fred Ajudua and all those cases ended up in the accused being discharged and acquitted. Infact, in some cases like Dimeji's case, it ended in a no-case submission which is like the lowest of lows when it comes to criminal prosecution. Are you saying the different judges were also compromised in all those other cases?
We need to start asking questions of the EFCC prosecuting team itself. Their conviction rate is abysmal. Most times they just rush to court without building a credible case backed by solid evidence just to impress the public. When d court inevitably throws out their case we point fingers at d judges n defence lawyer, calling them 'senior thieves'. Every accused is entitled to be represented by counsel. The onus is on EFCC to put its house in order.
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
CFCfan:

I wouldn't assume that those who failed refused to read. The sudden time constraint may have been a factor too.

You seem to be very smart though; completing one module in 3 months adighi ofele cheesy

My plan was to tick someone off with that comment grin

And it is true. I have modules that began this October and will end in December. Exam in January. Land and property Law is one of those modules...
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by ebukaOtika(m): 5:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
akinsadeez:

It isn't always the fault of the senior lawyers or the judges. After Ibori's case, EFCC also prosecuted Dimeji Bankole, Bode George, Ikuforiji,(Lagos state speaker) and lately Fred Ajudua and all those cases ended up in the accused being discharged and acquitted. Infact, in some cases like Dimeji's case, it ended in a no-case submission which is like the lowest of lows when it comes to criminal prosecution. Are you saying the different judges were also compromised in all those other cases?
We need to start asking questions of the EFCC prosecuting team itself. Their conviction rate is abysmal. Most times they just rush to court without building a credible case backed by solid evidence just to impress the public. When d court inevitably throws out their case we point fingers at d judges n defence lawyer, calling them 'senior thieves'. Every accused is entitled to be represented by counsel. The onus is on EFCC to put its house in order.

Well said Sir,.,,, but i'm not a legal practitioner to understand better what is going on under that field ,,,, thanks for the emphases made to clear my conscience of any doubt,,,, my field is the Military Psychology wher we are more or less Soldiers,.,,, in other words as you rightly said ,,,, EFCC should step up ,,,, just look at the Oscar Pistorious Final Judgement today ,.,,, EVERY THING WAS DONE SYSTEMATICALLY ,.,,, but if you see the way both Criminal and Civil Proceedings are being heard in our Nigerian Courts today ,,,, you will notice we still have more than alot work to do
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
Karleb:

Just say you don't read anymore!
lik I knew.
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by purity80(m): 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
Learned men
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by hardbody: 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
priscaoge:

Which ever way u twist am,Dude those guys didn't study well to merit a pass and that's Y they failed! Even those that haven't qualified call themselves Lawyers So are they not Charge and Bail?

I give up.
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by saintol(m): 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
NW THEY HAVE FAILED, THEY WONT BE CALLED TO BAR. Advise: If you are not called to bar, call the bar to yourself, simple. BAR MAN, BRING 2 BOTTLES OF ...

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by hardbody: 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
Montaque:
thank God ur cousin passed,would you have been suprised if she had failed? Thats the question some pple who I know may have studied better than your cousin are asking. And you should know that lawschool answers are like mathematical answers, 50 candidate can answer same thing and be correct, you should also know that there is emphasis on practice there. So it is a suprise thing even to me, for your info,the standard has changed. Those who made 2.2 previously will most likely fail the same exam if written NOW. Thank God,Onadeko gave us a hint beforehand and I was ready for anything.

I was amused at your write-up until i got to the point where you suggested that those who made 2.2 before may likely fail the examinations now. Shows how hollow you are. You believe in your life that after years of practice i will be faced with written (essay or objective) of the rudiments of Legal Practice and ii will fail? You obviously are yet to come to terms with what you went there to do and how it impacts you in real life. Now i can quite relate with the number of failures. It is in YOU.
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hmmmmm, this is serious n also disturbing oooo..watz happening to our educational sector biko
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
01karma:
Why would someone pay N300,000 and refuse to take his book seriously. No body failed them, they refuse to read while their mate were burning the mid-night canddle and got paid back with a first class and 2nd class upper.

BREAKING NEWS : Oscar pistoria sentence to 5 year in prisonment.. For commiting homicide and posection of fire arm.
Is it from law school u get d knack to study?...it shows what happens at various Nigerian universities.
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
datalossvictim1:

My plan was to tick someone off with that comment grin

And it is true. I have modules that began this October and will end in December. Exam in January. Land and property Law is one of those modules...
That's cool. Right now, I'm taking the first modules for Torts, Contracts, and Legal writing classes.
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Dailyfavour(m): 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
Judiciary is just too sensitive than to allow half baked graduate, so the issue should be well review, already, we ave crop of premature in the system but this can curb influx
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Sunbellar: 6:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
purplesummer:

Lol. I think it's a way forward.
If there are people who actually passed the bar final exams then the others have no good reason to fail. It is better to produce very few lawyers in a particular year than to turn out half baked legal practitioners. The profession is not for mediocers
Don't you think Nigeria situation is not encouraging professionalism in the job where judges can be bribed to thwart justice? Anyway, you are right judging by the number of higher institutions churning out half - baked practitioners who managed to bribe their way. It's very disappointing to see some so called self acclaimed Barristers that don't have good command of English. Thanks for your professional contribution as I look forward to pay consultation fees.
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Sunbellar: 6:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
purplesummer:

Lol. I think it's a way forward.
If there are people who actually passed the bar final exams then the others have no good reason to fail. It is better to produce very few lawyers in a particular year than to turn out half baked legal practitioners. The profession is not for mediocers
Don't you think Nigeria situation is not encouraging professionalism in the job where judges can be bribed to thwart justice? Anyway, you are right judging by the number of higher institutions churning out half - baked practitioners who managed to bribe their way in school. It's very disappointing to see some so called self acclaimed Barristers that don't have good command of English. Thanks for your professional contribution as I look forward to pay your consultation fees.
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Montaque(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
hardbody:

I was amused at your write-up until i got to the point where you suggested that those who made 2.2 before may likely fail the examinations now. Shows how hollow you are. You believe in your life that after years of practice i will be faced with written (essay or objective) of the rudiments of Legal Practice and ii will fail? You obviously are yet to come to terms with what you went there to do and how it impacts you in real life. Now i can quite relate with the number of failures. It is in YOU.
chill, what i mean is that the standard with which ur set wrote and passed the lawsch then is not the same now,in otherwords,if u should give the same answers u gave then in ur script that got u 2.2, my dear,Onadeko's standard which is the cause of the present discontentment will likely leave you at something less. Sad truth,isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
wetin man go do? Is well..
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by onasa28(m): 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
Why dey no go fail! O-level result na special center dey go write the exam.. University na bribery dey give lecturer or open legs to pass... For law school u no fit give money to pass na.. U guys should stop bbm and try and read hard...
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by hizotomania: 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
People never cease to amaze me. When private universities dole out first class degrees, people come out to deride and cast aspersions on their standard. Now in a more stern system where the ante seems high, you complain... Na wa oh; person wey no read self go follow complain...
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by dom(m): 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Law is a wasted adventure, even our forefathers who never studied law can do what they do. cheesy

lwkmd. So I've wasted 6 years in school and 12 years in practice for nothing, instead of consulting my grandfather in the village. I like this. Really made me laugh a lot.

1 Like

Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by kcpumping(m): 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
It is very bad as my girl wrote same exam expecting. A first class only for her to c pass...she cried and cried bt hence nothing can b done to change it I told her to forget it bt after I inquired further I discovered they are actually graded with their least score. Dats bad enough man....she finished with sharp 21 from d university
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
CFCfan:

That's cool. Right now, I'm taking the first modules for Torts, Contracts, and Legal writing classes.

Nice! I would be doing torts in my second semester. I have done the other two for my first year. Contract is full of shi!t! How I performed excellently in it is still a mystery lmao. Now I'm focusing on commercial law which is similar. Lord help me.
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by 1metre: 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
This is nonsense, hw can one man decide to mark them down. Guys leave yahoo yahoo and read your books, young girls leave domestic prostitution and read your books. You can't survive in ur academics with artificial needs in ur mind, u will fail and fail woefully.
Re: Mass Failure In Nigerian Law School by sekzy99(m): 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Caption This Exam Sitting Arrangement In Eksu (Photo) / FUTA 400L Student Designs And Built Automatic Change Over (PHOTOS) / The Menace Of Living Of Campus(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.