Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (11405 Views)

NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal / Subsidy Removal: The Govt Has A Superior Argument Than NLC/TUC And Civil Society / Fuel Subsidy Removal: The Best Way For Jonathan To Punish Nigerians For Making Jest Of His Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Ngwakwe: 9:19am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
There is nothing to be argued in your submission with respect to this thread.

Let's be civil as gentlemen.

Can't you see you hide valuable information from your readers?

How do you expect them to properly score Mr President when you've subjected their sense of reason with terror (half truth » truth + error)?

Tell us what promises he made in official briefings as I stated in my submission and do well to tell us that the deregulation policy failed by popular demand hence all expectations were either aborted or compromised.

We can't judge Mr President on the derivatives of a policy which the masses withstood its full implementation.

3 Likes

Re: . by Omimah: 9:20am On Oct 21, 2014
Olaolufred:

A colleague still escaped a tragic accident between MFM and Berger yesterday while coming to the office.
No thanks to our excellent roads decorated with street lights pot holes.
I wonder what the roads in Lagos State would have looked like if not for Fashola that reconstructs federal roads.
Re: . by anonimi: 9:31am On Oct 21, 2014
egift:

Show be your friends and I will show you who you are. Jonathan is a very bad guy for being surrounded by very bad guys and protecting very-very Bad guys.

Same for General Muhammadu Buhari's utterly CORRUPT friends, right

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

How do you expect them to properly score Mr President when you've subjected their sense of reason with terror (half truth » truth + error)?

Tell us what promises he made in official briefings as I stated in my submission and do well to tell us that the deregulation policy failed by popular demand hence all expectations were either aborted or compromised.

We can't judge Mr President on the derivatives of a policy which the masses withstood its full implementation.
I don't understand what you mean by half-truth, neither can you tell us that the policy failed by the uprising despite the extra N32(N97-N65) which is a whole lot to the treasury. We have Excess crude Account created by Obasanjo Government for the purpose of Soverign Wealth Fund, which the Present Government met at over $20 billion in 2009, but has successfully depleted it to a mere $2.5 billion dollars with no infrastructural project nor economic improvement to show for it.

President Yar Adua spent a total of N1.356 trillion on subsidy bills for THREE Years( 2008- N256.3bn, 2009- N421.5 bn and 2010- N673 bn) as at time when petrol was N65/ltr. President Jonathan came onboard and spent a whopping N2.19 trillion in just 2011 alone when fuel price was the same N65/ltr. He spent another N1.049trillion in 2012 after adding N32 to the pump price, and has spent a total of N5.222 trillion on subsidy alone since coming to power despite his deregulation policy. This is excluded from the hundreds of Billions that he allocates to SURE-P annually.
The President accused some phantom cabal, the same cabal are the ones funding him and it has been business as usual. no significant infrastructural development nor improvement to the life of the citizenry.

Ngwakwe, please be objective and patriotic for once and stop your emotional gimmicks Sir.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2014
davo3286:

If the buses disappeared in Lagos then ask Fashola. Plus you didn't answer the question "what have the state governors done with their own share of the subsidy money?" You have not been able to catch the kittens yet you want to catch the mother cat. hw we go leave d tif wey dey inside our house under ur nose and we wan go catch d one dey outside. E make sense??
what has Fashola got to do with disapppearance of subsidy buses owned by FG? You TANoids are so annoying!

1 Like

Re: . by Caseless: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
That is why we must not take anything for granted
we are not leaving any stone unturned and any turn un-stoned. Gej must go!

1 Like

Re: . by anonimi: 9:47am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:

President Yar Adua spent a total of N1.356 trillion on subsidy bills for THREE Years( 2008- N256.3bn, 2009- N421.5 bn and 2010- N673 bn) as at time when petrol was N65/ltr. President Jonathan came onboard and spent a whopping N2.19 trillion in just 2011 alone when fuel price was the same N65/ltr. He spent another N1.049trillion in 2012 after adding N32 to the pump price, and has spent a total of N5.222 trillion on subsidy alone since coming to power despite his deregulation policy. This is excluded from the hundreds of Billions that he allocates to SURE-P annually.
The President accused some phantom cabal, the same cabal are the ones funding him and it has been business as usual. no significant infrastructural development nor improvement to the life of the citizenry.

That is why you are accused of peddling half truths.
Is the same QUANTITY/litres of fuel sold in the periods you are comparing

Ditto for your LIE about PHANTOM cabal and funding him.
Below is the result of the QUIET but effectively efficient anti-corruption work that does not breach law & order and is not built on HYPE but rather SYSTEMATIC reform of the more transparent Jonathan/Sambo team =>

EFCC arraigns 121 suspects for fuel ‘subsidy scam, oil theft’
June 17, 2014

In what may be its biggest haul of suspected economic criminals till date, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arraigned 121 suspects, including companies, for alleged fuel subsidy scam and oil theft in the Niger Delta.
It has also recovered about N6.53 billion from evaders of customs duties at the Lagos ports.

EFCC’s Head of Media and Publicity, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, addressed reporters yesterday in Abuja on the agency’s activities between March and June.
The spokesman said some Internet fraudsters had been arrested and prosecuted.
He said Jesse Omokoh, who allegedly obtained $90,000 from a 67-year-old Australian, Jette Jacobs, in a romance scam, is on trial at an High Court in Ibadan, Oyo State.
But the agency’s biggest hauls were in its war against theft in the Oil sector.
The breakdown of the figures showed that 17 oil marketers, 23 oil marketing companies and 81 suspects have been arraigned for alleged oil theft.
The commission has also seized 11 tanker vessels and 16 tanker trucks used for alleged oil theft.

Uwujaren said: “Oil subsidy scam: As we speak, I think there are about 17 oil marketers that are being tried, and I am talking of persons who are being tried in court over subsidy scam.
“But if you add the individuals and their companies, we have over 40 cases on trial for obtaining subsidy from the Federal Government without supplying products. Those cases are ongoing; they are progressing in court at different stages. Apart from the one we have in court, there are also a number of investigations that are going on.
“Investigation of subsidy is not a straight-forward thing; it is a very complicated procedure. It is not something you can just conclude within a country; you have to deal with organisations with proper jurisdiction, and these things take time.
“That is reason some people think we don’t have enough people standing trial in court. It is a complicated procedure, and that process is still on.
“In terms of whether or not we have recovered money from the subsidy thing, I say yes. I recall that about two months ago, the Executive Chairman of the EFCC announced that the commission had recovered N4.3 billion from the subsidy scam. That is very significant, considering the complicated nature of those transactions. We are not relenting in our determination to get to the root of the matter.”
On how the EFCC collaborated with other security agencies to fight oil thieves in the Niger Delta, Uwujaren said: “Oil theft is a subject that is of concern to every Nigerian. For us as a commission with a mandate to check oil theft by arresting and prosecuting offenders, I’ll like to report that commendable strides have been recorded in checking this menace.
“Of course, what we have done in this area could not have been possible without the assistance of sister-law enforcement organisations, notably the Navy and the Army.
“For some of you, who want hard statistics on the records of the commission in fighting oil theft in the Niger Delta, it is my pleasure to report that the commission, from January 2013 till date, investigated 21 cases of crude oil theft. Eleven tanker vessels and 16 tanker trucks were recovered, while 81 suspects have been charged to court.
“A few weeks ago, two Indians – Sailesh Kumar Singh and Chadrashekar Sharma – were jailed after successful prosecution by the commission for oil theft.
“The two were among the 12 suspected oil thieves arrested in Brass, Bayelsa State, in 2012 by the Joint Task Force (JTF) with 157,882 litres of suspected stolen crude oil. They are to serve 15 years imprisonment.
“This should serve as a deterrent for others still engaged in the nefarious trade.”

On evaders of import duties, Uwujaren said a large-scale investigation on the scandal at the ports led to the recovery of N6.53 billion unpaid Customs importation duties in Lagos.
The EFCC spokesman said the battle had shifted to Onne Port in Rivers State against duty evaders.
He said: “The desire to encourage local collaboration and erase unnecessary rivalries in law enforcement is the bedrock of our cooperation with the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS).
“Our joint recovery team in Lagos recovered N6.53 billion evaded Customs importation duties in Lagos between July 2012 and March 2014.
“Another joint recovery has began operations at Onne in Port Harcourt in April 2014 to recover Customs’ revenue in the Southsouth. We will be briefing you in the future on the outcome of this exercise.”
Uwujaren said the EFCC had been unrelenting to stamp out Internet crime.
He added: “Several cases were brought to trial in the last couple of weeks. First is the arraignment and conviction in Kano of Daniel Okpara, who defrauded people through a facebook account he opened in the name of the Executive Chairman of EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde.
“Okpara lured his victims by promising them jobs with the commission. As we speak, he is in prison, serving a three-year jail term.
“Early this month, the commission arraigned at an Ibadan High Court, a suspected Internet fraudster, Jesse Omokoh, who allegedly obtained $90,000 from a 67-year old Australian, Jette Jacobs, in a romance scam.
“Omokoh, 28, allegedly met the lady in an online dating site and struck a relationship with a promise to marry the woman. The lady relocated from Australia to South Africa in November and the accused left Nigeria to meet her in Johannesburg on February 4, 2013. Unfortunately, five days later, she was found dead in her apartment.”
The EFCC spokesman said the accused fled South Africa but was arrested by the EFCC because of the collaboration it has with the Australian police.
Also, Uwujaren said officers of the commission were recently in Australia and Spain, where they worked with their counterparts at the West Australia and Spanish National Police.
“Such engagements enable us to assist the host agencies in pending trans-national investigations, while exposing our staff to international best practices,” he said.
According to him, the commission has also hosted investigators and prosecutors from Zambia, the United States (U.S), the United Kingdom (UK), the Netherlands, Niger, World Bank and Africa Development Bank (ADB) and signed international memoranda of understanding (MoU) or joint working agreements.
Other international partners, such as the British Serious Fraud Office, the Economic Crimes Network (New Zealand) the Global Fund, the United States Trade Commission, the World Bank and a host of others had also been sealed.

2 Likes

Re: . by Olaolufred(m): 9:48am On Oct 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Tell us what promises he made in official briefings as I stated in my submission and do well to tell us that the deregulation policy failed by popular demand hence every expectations were either aborted or compromised.

[b]This Goverment told Nigerians that we consume 39 million litres of petrol per day.
Price change in 2012= 97-65 = 32 naira per litre increase.
Extra Ammount generated from Subsidy Increament = 32x39,000,000 daily = 1.248 billion daily.
Extra Ammount generated from Subsidy Increament monthly = 1.248x30 = 37.44 billion.
Extra Ammount generated from Subsidy Increament yearly = 37.44*12 = 449.28 billion
2012, 2013 and 2014-october = 2 years and 10 months.
Total ammount Generated up to date = 34 months x 37.44 billion = 1,272,960,000,000.
Goverment has generated about 1.273 trillion for Sure-P.
I hope it is still sure.
Because traffic from Ile-zik to Iyana Dopemu everyday is asking why common drainage from Iyana-Ipaja to Dopemu would not alleviate 2 hour-a-day of stress nigerians are facing?
Are we cursed with goverments that does not know that road designs with no side drainage is nothing but a waste?
Are we cursed to keep living in pain when there are solutions in our hands?
This applies to all levels of Govt
.[/b]

Everyone is free to bring on theirs. I am not happy with the way Federal, State and all politheifcians keeps threating Nigerians as if we are sub-human.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 21, 2014
anonimi:

That is why you are accused of peddling half truths.
Is the same QUANTITY/litres of fuel sold in the periods you are comparing

Ditto for your LIE about PHANTOM cabal and funding him.
Below is the result of the QUIET but effectively efficient anti-corruption work that does not breach law & order and is not built on HYPE but rather SYSTEMATIC reform of the more transparent Jonathan/Sambo team =>

I have one problem with you, you keep going off-point. Who are the people involved in the subsidy fraud and who are those allegedly prosecuted? What are their names or names of the companies? Is Otedola not walking free? what about Ifeanyi Ubah? What about the son of Bamangar Tukur? Who exactly were/are prosecuted? Stop bringing long articles that talks about local oil thieves in bayelsa state. Are they the subsidy thieves? Do you even understand the subject discuss or you just google search and paste?
“The two were among the 12 suspected oil thieves arrested in Brass, Bayelsa State, in 2012 by the Joint Task Force (JTF) with 157,882 litres of suspected stolen crude oil. They are to serve 15 years imprisonment.
“This should serve as a deterrent for others still engaged in the nefarious trade.”
Re: . by Sibabasibaba1: 9:52am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista
You are a very ignorant man, not even your exposure to foreign countries could influence your shallow thought process. Nigerians DID not elect any commissioner to run this country. The President takes a decision and gave loads of Promises with NO ONE being fulfilled almost 3 years after and you come here talking gibberish.
You further exposed your ignorance by saying Kano State don't have pipe-borne water. You are just a pitiable doofoo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't do insults. It is the hallmark of small minds. Anybody who cannot make his point without throwing insults about is a small mind. Insults don't win fans. Learn how to argue without insults. It will do you good.

Perhaps, unlike you, I have lived in Kano, at Nasarawa GRA in the city. I know Kano very well and have been to interiors like Dawokin Tofa, Rimin Gado, kabo, Gwarzo Karei LGAs etc. My cousin still lives in the the house I vacated at Nasarawa GRA. He can't help it as his job still keeps him there. So, I know what I am talking about when I say potable water is a luxury in Kano, not just in parts of the city but in the local governments too. In July this year, there was cholera outbreak in Kano. Cholera is water-borne. It is rarely an issue where potable water is a given. So, insulting me for saying what I am sure of is not one of the qualities of a gentleman.

I hope you know that Nigeria is not a unitary state. It is a federation where there are exclusive, concurrent and residual lists. Things are done based on that list. The Federal government has its job cut out. The states also have theirs. The three tiers of government run the country.

Regarding the non-fulfillment of promises, is it not what all politicians do? I was living in Lagos when Tinubu was campaigning for Fashola. That campaign was anchored on the building of the 4th Mainland Bridge, Light rail, etc. Has he fulfilled all his 2007 promises? Why haven't you raised alarm over that? Or didn't Lagosians vote him in? I have not argued that FG has lived up to expectations. Rather, I have argued that none of the tiers of government have. And I challenge you to present the state or local government in Nigeria that has performed just one-tenth of its obligations to its citizens.

And talking about subsidies, why are you not presenting all sides of the argument? What has the state governments done with their share of the savings? The total removal of subsidies was not a decision taken by FG alone. It was a decision taken in concert with the state governments. Even though subsidies were not totally removed, the states have a share in the money being saved from the extra N32 saved from the increase in pump price of PMS. What has your state government done with his. You have the RIGHT to know just as you have the RIGHT to know what FG has done with its share. Asking FG and leaving out your state is being biased. In climes where things work, people demand accountability first from the government closer to them. That way, they make accountability as a national ethic. Turning the other when it's a state and then asking for accountability when it's FG is double standards.

2 Likes

Re: . by jaybee3(m): 9:54am On Oct 21, 2014
Re: . by anonimi: 9:55am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
I have one problem with you, you keep going off-point. Who are the people involved in the subsidy fraud and who are those allegedly prosecuted? Stop bringing long articles that talks about local oil thieves in bayelsa state. Are they the subsidy thieves? Do you even understand the subject discuss or you just google search and paste?

Continue to shoot yourself in the leg as you embark on your self-destruct journey of propagating LIES for whatever your selfish objective is.
Right here in the article from Thief'nubu's newspaper that I quoted =>

Uwujaren said: “Oil subsidy scam: As we speak, I think there are about 17 oil marketers that are being tried, and I am talking of persons who are being tried in court over subsidy scam.
“But if you add the individuals and their companies, we have over 40 cases on trial for obtaining subsidy from the Federal Government without supplying products. Those cases are ongoing; they are progressing in court at different stages. Apart from the one we have in court, there are also a number of investigations that are going on.
“Investigation of subsidy is not a straight-forward thing; it is a very complicated procedure. It is not something you can just conclude within a country; you have to deal with organisations with proper jurisdiction, and these things take time.
“That is reason some people think we don’t have enough people standing trial in court. It is a complicated procedure, and that process is still on.
“In terms of whether or not we have recovered money from the subsidy thing, I say yes. I recall that about two months ago, the Executive Chairman of the EFCC announced that the commission had recovered N4.3 billion from the subsidy scam. That is very significant, considering the complicated nature of those transactions. We are not relenting in our determination to get to the root of the matter.”

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by Sibabasibaba1: 10:00am On Oct 21, 2014
joseph1832

Oh is I see... I believe there's portable drinking water in Otuoke right? Even in your village is there portable drinking water?.

All what you mentioned above are evidence of a near failed state. It is the job of the government to provide for its citizens whether at the local, state or federal level, and should they the government at all levels fail to meet the yearnings of its citizens, they should be voted out!. Plain and simple.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there is no portable water in my village, my governor has failed--no matter his party. It is not the job of FG to provide potable water in my village. But it is the job of the FG to maintain the federal road that passes my village. If my village has no potable water and the federal road is not maintained, I have to 'attack' both my state government and the FG. If I attack the FG and leave out my state government because the governor is in my party, then I am the worst of hypocrites! That's my point. And it seems you are getting it now. To me, for one to be shouting FG every now and then and leaving one's governor because he is in one's party means that tomorrow if that party comes to the centre and starts fumbling one will look the other way.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 21, 2014
anonimi:

Continue to shoot yourself in your leg as you embark on your self-destruct journey of propagating LIES for whatever your selfish objective is.
Right here in the article from Thief'nubu's newspaper that I quoted =>

You are just blabbing. Who and who were prosecuted/arrested? Don't they have names? We keep hearing government doing this and that in the pages of newspapers. Put me to shame by telling me WHO and WHO were prosecuted and convicted and I will do the verification.

By The Way, the SUbsidy scam runs into HUNDREDS of Billions and you are telling me one imaginary N4.5billion, which shows that you are a pathetic liar
[s]the Executive Chairman of the EFCC announced that the commission had recovered N4.3 billion from the subsidy scam. That is very significant, considering the complicated nature of those transactions[/s]
Re: . by anonimi: 10:03am On Oct 21, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:
joseph1832

If there is no portable water in my village, my governor has failed--no matter his party. It is not the job of FG to provide potable water in my village. But it is the job of the FG to maintain the federal road that passes my village. If my village has no potable water and the federal road is not maintained, I have to 'attack' both my state government and the FG. If I attack the FG and leave out my state government because the governor is in my party, then I am the worst of hypocrites! That's my point. And it seems you are getting it now. To me, for one to be shouting FG every now and then and leaving one's governor because he is in one's party means that tomorrow if that party comes to the centre and starts fumbling one will look the other way.

I salute your being forthright.
However you may need to check if the road in your "village" is actually a federal road.
Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 21, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:
[s]barcanista
You are a very ignorant man, not even your exposure to foreign countries could influence your shallow thought process. Nigerians DID not elect any commissioner to run this country. The President takes a decision and gave loads of Promises with NO ONE being fulfilled almost 3 years after and you come here talking gibberish.
You further exposed your ignorance by saying Kano State don't have pipe-borne water. You are just a pitiable doofoo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't do insults. It is the hallmark of small minds. Anybody who cannot make his point without throwing insults about is a small mind. Insults don't win fans. Learn how to argue without insults. It will do you good.

Perhaps, unlike you, I have lived in Kano, at Nasarawa GRA in the city. I know Kano very well and have been to interiors like Dawokin Tofa, Rimin Gado, kabo, Gwarzo Karei LGAs etc. My cousin still lives in the the house I vacated at Nasarawa GRA. He can't help it as his job still keeps him there. So, I know what I am talking about when I say potable water is a luxury in Kano, not just in parts of the city but in the local governments too. In July this year, there was cholera outbreak in Kano. Cholera is water-borne. It is rarely an issue where potable water is a given. So, insulting me for saying what I am sure of is not one of the qualities of a gentleman.

I hope you know that Nigeria is not a unitary state. It is a federation where there are exclusive, concurrent and residual lists. Things are done based on that list. The Federal government has its job cut out. The states also have theirs. The three tiers of government run the country.

Regarding the non-fulfillment of promises, is it not what all politicians do? I was living in Lagos when Tinubu was campaigning for Fashola. That campaign was anchored on the building of the 4th Mainland Bridge, Light rail, etc. Has he fulfilled all his 2007 promises? Why haven't you raised alarm over that? Or didn't Lagosians vote him in? I have not argued that FG has lived up to expectations. Rather, I have argued that none of the tiers of government have. And I challenge you to present the state or local government in Nigeria that has performed just one-tenth of its obligations to its citizens.

And talking about subsidies, why are you not presenting all sides of the argument? What has the state governments done with their share of the savings? The total removal of subsidies was not a decision taken by FG alone. It was a decision taken in concert with the state governments. Even though subsidies were not totally removed, the states have a share in the money being saved from the extra N32 saved from the increase in pump price of PMS. What has your state government done with his. You have the RIGHT to know just as you have the RIGHT to know what FG has done with its share. Asking FG and leaving out your state is being biased. In climes where things work, people demand accountability first from the government closer to them. That way, they make accountability as a national ethic. Turning the other when it's a state and then asking for accountability when it's FG is double standards.[/s]

I repeat, you are VERY ignorant of Kano State and Nigeria. BTW, Nigeria is practising a "False" federalism, we are calling for true federalism. it is not just rhetorics but in practice. As for the subsidy, Nigerians elected Mr. Goodluck Jonathan to lead at the Federal level and Goodluck Jonathan made those promises, without achieving ONE.
Re: . by anonimi: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
You are just blabbing. Who and who were prosecuted/arrested? Don't they have names? We keep hearing government doing this and that in the pages of newspapers. Put me to shame by telling me WHO and WHO were prosecuted and convicted and I will do the verification.

By The Way, the SUbsidy scam runs into HUNDREDS of Billions and you are telling me one imaginary N4.5billion, which shows that you are a pathetic liar

And I thought you were redeemable in your self-destruct journey shocked
Anyway I guess it takes "senseless and useless people" to follow the clueless General angry

You can check with Thief'nubu's paper whether the journalists did not do their verification four months ago before publishing, okay

If the EFCC Director wanted to lie about recoveries made why would he go for such a paltry sum? Have you asked yourself that question or you are simply too dumb for such logic?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by anonimi: 10:13am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
I repeat, you are VERY ignorant of Kano State and Nigeria. BTW, Nigeria is practising a "False" federalism, we are calling for true federalism. it is not just rhetorics but in practice. As for the subsidy, Nigerians elected Mr. Goodluck Jonathan to lead at the Federal level and Goodluck Jonathan made those promises, without achieving ONE.

Shebi General Muhammadu Buhari cluelessly promised true federalism in 2011 =>

15 MARCH 2011

The presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhamadu Buhari (rtd) and his campaign team yesterday stormed Ibadan, the Oyo state capital, promising to practise true federalism in manning the affairs of the country.

Expressing appreciation to thousands of his supporters, Buhari assured Nigerians that his government would bring back federalism into the country if voted into office.

The CPC presidential flag bearer also promised to address the problem of power, road, education and other sectors which had retarded the nation's economy. He also pledged to improve workers' poor condition of service, adding that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) administration had impoverished most Nigerians.

Buhari advised voters to come out en masse and ensure that they monitored their votes to frustrate the efforts of saboteurs.

Pastor Tunde Bakare, his Vice Presidential candidate, took some minutes to pray for the success of the CPC which, according to him, was determined to restore sanity to all sectors of the economy.

Bakare disclosed that Pastor Enoch Adeboye and many traditional rulers in the country had prayed for the CPC and advised its leaders to move forward in their quest to transform the country.

The wayo old soldier must think we are all FOOLS like his numb skulled followers to utter such trash.
Did he "practise true federalism in manning the affairs of the country." when he was the military DICTATOR and MAXIMUM ruler of this country
It is now that he has SINators and representaTHIEVES to validate ANY change in our constitution that he is "promising to practise true federalism in manning the affairs of the country."

What gullible folks does he take us for?

1 Like

Re: . by Ngwakwe: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2014
Olaolufred:

[b]This Goverment told Nigerians that we consume 39 million litres of petrol per day.
Price change in 2012= 97-65 = 32 naira per litre increase.
Extra Ammount generated from Subsidy Increament = 32x39,000,000 daily = 1.248 billion daily.
Extra Ammount generated from Subsidy Increament monthly = 1.248x30 = 37.44 billion.
Extra Ammount generated from Subsidy Increament yearly = 37.44*12 = 449.28 billion
2012, 2013 and 2014-october = 2 years and 10 months.
Total ammount Generated up to date = 34 months x 37.44 billion = 1,272,960,000,000.
Goverment has generated about 1.273 trillion for Sure-P.
I hope it is still sure.
Because traffic from Ile-zik to Iyana Dopemu everyday is asking why common drainage from Iyana-Ipaja to Dopemu would not alleviate 2 hour-a-day of stress nigerians are facing?
Are we cursed with goverments that does not know that road designs with no side drainage is nothing but a waste?
Are we cursed to keep living in pain when there are solutions in our hands?
This applies to all levels of Govt
.[/b]

The Oil money is shared by three tiers of government - Fact.

There was a new minimum wage regime agreed by the government from N7,500 to N18000 - Fact

The increment was an agreement by 36 States Finance commissioners with the Federal Government who declared they will go bankrupt if they implement the minimum wage - Fact

From the projection gotten from 2014 National Budget, Nigeria is so poor that it can only implement 78 to 22% recurrent to capital budget ratio - Fact

To buttress my point further, the leadership of NASS promised to adjust 2014 budget, only to tell Nigerians how impossible it was in reality.

What is the ratio of percentage increase in minimum wage to amount withdrawn from subsidy?

The NASS has the National purse and can do the maths more than flying figures as you just did.

We are operating on our National scarce resources with the six geographical regions in view. No wonder Asari Dokubo questioned Mr President on the slow progress of East West road rehabilitation by saying how can there be no money only in your regime? He ignorantly told Mr President to be tribalistic in awarding contracts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Arch1: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2014
anonimi:

I salute your being forthright.
However you may need to check if the road in your "village" is actually a federal road.
Cheers.
The only tarred road in Bayelsa state, the presidents home state is the road leading to the government house in yenogoa
Re: . by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2014
anonimi:

And I thought you were redeemable in your self-destruct journey shocked
Anyway I guess it takes "senseless and useless people" to follow the clueless General angry

You can check with Thief'nubu's paper whether the journalists did not do their verification four months ago before publishing, okay

If the EFCC Director wanted to lie about recoveries made why would he go for such a paltry sum? Have you asked yourself that question or you are simply too dumb for such logic?
I can't make any sense out of this. You have nothing to say man, I can't go with your back and forth argument with your Tinubu and Buhari(Who are not even part of the subsidy government at any point).

Enjoy
Re: . by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

[s]The Oil money is shared by three tiers of government - Fact.

There was a new minimum wage regime agreed by the government from N7,500 to N18000 - Fact

The increment was an agreement by 36 States Finance commissioners with the Federal Government who declared they will go bankrupt if they implement the minimum wage - Fact

From the projection gotten from 2014 National Budget, Nigeria is so poor that it can only implement 78 to 22% recurrent to capital budget ratio - Fact

To buttress my point further, the leadership of NASS promised to adjust 2014 budget, only to tell Nigerians how impossible it was in reality.

What is the ratio of percentage increase in minimum wage to amount withdrawn from subsidy?

The NASS has the National purse and can do the maths more than flying figures as you just did.

We are operating on our National scarce resources with the six geographical regions in view. No wonder Asari Dokubo questioned Mr President on the slow progress of East West road rehabilitation by saying how can there be no money only in your regime? He ignorantly told Mr President to be tribalistic in awarding contracts.[/s]
Bros how do you make sense in this?

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 21, 2014
Ngwakwe I have been waiting for your "factual" response
barcanista:
I don't understand what you mean by half-truth, neither can you tell us that the policy failed by the uprising despite the extra N32(N97-N65) which is a whole lot to the treasury. We have Excess crude Account created by Obasanjo Government for the purpose of Soverign Wealth Fund, which the Present Government met at over $20 billion in 2009, but has successfully depleted it to a mere $2.5 billion dollars with no infrastructural project nor economic improvement to show for it.

Ngwakwe, please be objective and patriotic for once and stop your emotional gimmicks Sir.
Re: . by anonimi: 10:21am On Oct 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

The Oil money is shared by three tiers of government - Fact.

Just to buttress the above point and reflect the GREATER transparency of the Jonathan/Sambo federal administration =>

FAAC REPORT – Revenue allocation to states and LGA for December 2013, shared in January 2014

The three tiers of government in the country [Federal, State, and Local Councils] enjoyed an expanded take-home income from the Federal Account Allocation Committee [FAAC] in the month on December. The FAAC says it shared N581.498 billion between the Federal, States and Local governments. The amount for December is less than the previous month of November which was N675, 650billion.
The gross revenue collected in December was N64.725 billion.

The Minister of State for Finance, Dr Yerima Ngama, announced that the amount originally budgeted for the month was N623.768 billion, however the figure actually distributed was N473.607 billion (amount excluding refund by NNPC, VAT, and fund from SURE-P).
The allocated amount of N581.498, includes N7.617 billion refunded by NNPC, N64.725 billion from Value Added Tax (VAT) and N35.549 billion from SURE-P Programme.

A breakdown of the distribution indicated that the Federal Government received N221.161billion, (52.68%), while the State received N112.176 billion (26.72%) and the Local Government received N86.483 billion (20.60%). Furthermore, a total of N48.461 billion representing 13% derivation revenue was shared among the oil producing states.

(This is demonstrated clearly in the table below).

From: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/oilgas-reports/faac-reports/157561-faac-report-revenue-allocation-states-lga-december-2013-shared-january-2014.html

2 Likes

Re: . by anonimi: 10:22am On Oct 21, 2014
Arch1:
The only tarred road in Bayelsa state, the presidents home state is the road leading to the government house

Why would you tell such a RICULOUS lie shocked

2 Likes

Re: . by Ngwakwe: 10:23am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:

Ngwakwe, be please objective and patriotic for once and stop your emotional gimmicks Sir.

See my answer to Olaolufred and stop flying figures.

We have bicameral Legislature to check our income and project our expenditures.

The NASS reserves the right to alter budget as they wish and also overrides President's veto. They made the conclusion already that our capital projects estimates capped at 22% of our 2014 budget was the best our projected revenue can offer hence their hands were tied.

Your figures are only meant to deceive gullible Nigerians.

Accept the National Financial position of your country as the only authority and stop putting up indefensible fictitious figures

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

See my answer to Olaolufred and stop flying figures.

We have bicameral Legislature to check our income and project our expenditure.

The NASS reserves the right to alter budget as they wish and also overrides President's veto. They made the conclusion already that our capital projects estimates capped at 22% of our 2014 budget was the best our projected revenue can offer hence their hands were tied.
Flying figures? You are very pathetic Mr. Man. I don't post imaginery figures here, all my figures are from government sources/public document. You didn't respond to ANY of my question. Anyway, I know that you have nothing to say... Enjoy

Goodluck till 2015
Re: . by anonimi: 10:24am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
I can't make any sense out of this. You have nothing to say man, I can't go with your back and forth argument with your Tinubu and Buhari(Who are not even part of the subsidy government at any point).

Enjoy

My reference to Buhari was on the thinking capacity of those following him like cows doing Moo_Moo all over the place.
Thief'nubu was in reference to his paper, The Nation, which I quoted.

Understandably you cannot make any sense of FACTS because you are allergic to them as you prefer LIES angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Ngwakwe: 10:38am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
Flying figures? You are very pathetic Mr. Man. I don't post imaginery figures here, all my figures are from government sources/public document. You didn't respond to ANY of my question. Anyway, I know that you have nothing to say... Enjoy

Goodluck till 2015

Do you work in CBN or budget office?

Stop deceiving Nairalanders, you are no authority in financial matters and can only be taking seriously when you quote your figures from CBN and National Assembly or international authorities.

We in the academia don't deal on rumours.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Do you work in CBN or per chance referred to concoction to their books?

Stop deceiving Nairalanders, you are no authority in financial matters and can only be taking seriously when you quote your figures from CBN and National Assembly or international authorities.

We in the academia don't deal on rumours.
Are you privy to the Budgets since Jonathan came to power? You are just blabbing like a confused market woman. I don't work for government but the BUDGETARY document is a public document that is not shreded in secrecy. You are in the academia? What a shame, the academia has been invaded by dummies. No wonder we have been producing glorified secondary school leavers as Graduates.

Please Ngwakwe, Academics are famous for their research skills, kindly do your research on that and stop embarrassing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: . by joseph1832(m): 10:43am On Oct 21, 2014
anonimi:

My reference to Buhari was on the thinking capacity of those following him like cows doing Moo Moo all over the place.
Thief'nubu was in reference to his paper, The Nation, which I quoted.

Understandably you cannot make any sense of FACTS because you are allergic to them as you prefer LIES angry
You should see it fit and also refer to those who follow GEJ like "cows doing moo moo all over the place".
Re: . by anonimi: 10:47am On Oct 21, 2014
joseph1832:
You should see it fit and also refer to those who follow GEJ like "cows doing moo moo all over the place".

To each his own.
You may however have noted (or not) that quite a few of those who appreciate the more democratic, increasingly transparent federal administration of Jonathan/Sambo are focused on FACTS and rational analysis of same to arrive at meaningful conclusions useful in dissecting and dispelling the moribund LIES and PROPAGANDA of the Arewa People's Congress, APC sympathisers.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We’ll Secure Release Of All Abducted Persons – Buhari / European Union Backs Okonjo-iweala For WTO DG / Professor Osinbajo And Former FEC Wish President Buhari Happy 81st Birthday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.