Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

.... - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / .... (22489 Views)

Jonathan, Buhari In Private Meeting In Abuja / Jonathan, Buhari Are Infidels, Says Shekau / Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
@Berem those people seem not to know the difference between IBB and GMB.
Re: .... by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 28, 2014
GenScatter231:

That man is 58yrs old, I don't know why he behaving like a kid. Pathetic sad
agbalagba Shukudi. Lol!

Long time ogbeni. cool

1 Like

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2014
Isiterere:

I have been praying for them to end by Christmas.
Kudos to Barcanista .

ALL IZZ WELL
I tire for them oh. The report was/is clear, The decision to sign Nigeria to OIC was entirely Babaginda's, and thank God that he is alive to defend himself. Those saTANs always find way to rope in GMB to their nonsense.

1 Like

Re: .... by CyberWolf: 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
Op your link does not support all the things you put up there...Jonathan attended OIC summit because Nigeria is already a member before he came to power and also not to assault the sensibilities of Nigeria Muslims because he is the president of both Christians and Muslims ..meanwhile are you not one of those people saying that he is dividing Nigeria along religious lines?...you guys we see what will befall you on February 14th..

1 Like

Re: .... by atlwireles: 4:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
You are a BIG LIAR along with your source. When did GMB made the application? What year and Deat specifically? Who are the delegations that went there? Buhari was toppled in 1985, Nigeria became a member 1986. He never initiated ANYTHING

On the contrary,
http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/ajayi/intolerance.html

You are not worth my time, how some of you, try to wish the past away is really disturbing. You are quoting a columnist to challenge a study from the library of congress.

Helen Chapin Metz, ed. Nigeria: A Country Study. Washington: GPO for the Library of Congress, 1991.
http://countrystudies.us/nigeria/30.htm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .... by GenScatter231: 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
berem:
agbalagba Shukudi. Lol!

Long time ogbeni. cool

Yeah, long time sis. Hope you doing good? Keep it up with your good work, may God punish all enemies of Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by major466(m): 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2014
APC e minions think that they have just made an uppercut on GEJ. What they don't know is that they just help publicise the issue of Islamization of Nigeria. The plan never started in the 1960s. It had longed been plan way back before Nigeria got her independence.
I will be back...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
atlwireles:

You are not worth my time, how some of you, try to wish the past away is really disturbing. You are quoting a columnist to challenge a study from the library of congress.

Helen Chapin Metz, ed. Nigeria: A Country Study. Washington: GPO for the Library of Congress, 1991.
altwireless u see why people call you an old dummy? Your so-called source said GMB "Had earlier made application" without stating the Year and when. he did not state through who, the delegation or who and who was involved. Was it a secrete affair? Was babangida aware? If yes, why did the 2i/c under IBB denied, protested and got kicked out? You are indeed a daft person. You don't use your brain when reading. Honestly, a fool can fool you
The Political Bureau's recommendation encouraged the Government to come out and confirm the Nigerian membership of the OIC. One of the five Nigerian dailies, The Guardian, first broke the news that Nigeria had been admitted into the OIC, quoting the Agence France Press, a wire service based in Paris. The decision for Nigeria to join the OIC was believed to have been taken unilaterally by Babangida. His second in command, the then Chief of General Staff, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe, and the Minister of Information, Col. Anthony Ukpo, denied knowledge of the Nigerian membership in the OIC.

However, the Government response to the Nigerian membership of the OIC was that Nigeria was one of the founding member nations of OIC, and that other secular African countries were members of the OIC. Defending the Government action, late Sheik Gumi wrongly stated that even Kenya had joined the OIC. Furthermore, Rilwanu Lukman, Petroleum Minister (who led the Nigerian delegation to Morocco when Nigeria became a member in 1986), stated that: "Joining the OIC does not make Nigeria an Islamic State as it did not make other member States like Gabon, Cameroon, Benin, Sierra Leone, and a host of others." What makes the issue of Sharia more complex in Nigeria today is that the proponents of Sharia Law in Nigeria, are now in Obasanjo's administration.
http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/ajayi/intolerance.html[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
atlwireles:

Thank you sir, I still don't know why these people still argue blindly even when the evidence is there for them to see.. It is known fact that Nigeria became a member state of OIC under IBB regime, but Buhari first started the movement and had his regime not cut short, he would have accomplished it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .... by atlwireles: 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

Thank you sir, I still don't know why these people still argue blindly even when the evidence is there for them to see.. It is known fact that Nigeria became a member state of OIC under IBB regime, but Buhari first started the movement and had his regime not cut short, he would have accomplished it.

Take heart with the APC minions. They say lots of words, which normally amounts to nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2014
Obiagelli:
WHERE IS NGWAKWE?
The Guy the bush the shiiit
These same Govt deals with the islamic bank including collecting loan.
Re: .... by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nigeria needs $450m from Islamic bank to hit 20,000MW – Sambo ...
businesseyengr.com/?p=2481
Vice-President Namadi Sambo says that Nigeria needs about 450 million dollars from the Islamic Development Bank ...
Ha
Re: .... by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
GenScatter231:

Yeah, long time sis. Hope you doing good? Keep it up with your good work, may God punish all enemies of Nigeria.
Gallant

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
altwireless u see why people call you an old dummy? Your so-called source said GMB "Had earlier made application" without stating the Year and when. he did not state through who, the delegation or who and who was involved. Was it a secrete affair? Was babangida aware? If yes, why did the 2i/c under IBB denied, protested and got kicked out? You are indeed a daft person. You don't use your brain when reading. Honestly, a fool can fool you
http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/ajayi/intolerance.html

When you call people daft just to make your point, it just shows you are losing the argument. The whole registration was done in secrecy that was why it was never discussed in Armed Forces Ruling Council of the Federal Executive Council. In fact it was a French newspaper who broke the news after Nigeria had joined the organization on 9th January 1986

Nigeria external affairs minister at that time, Prof. Bolaji Akinyemi advised Nigerian Ambassador to Morrocco to only obverse the meeting between 6 - 10 January 1986, unknowing to him, IBB had assembled the likes of Alhaji Rilwanu Lukman, Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji, Sheikh Abubakar Gumi to travel to the meeting to register Nigeria as full member.

To underscore the secrecy, when it became open and opposed by CAN, IBB set up advisory committee and had Nigeria's membership status suspended in August 1991.

So... the whole application from Buhari to IBB was done in secret but as my people say, anything done in secret must surely be revealed one day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
GenScatter231:

Grandpa, we have seen your pix as well and you are worst. She is bold enough to post her pics, why cant you do same? Old man behaving like a kid. Pathetic.
bros why e de pain you say i compliment sexy berem? are you that jealous?

1 Like

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
berem:
agbalagba Shukudi. Lol!

Long time ogbeni. cool

berem de sexy one!! That your piksture will put beyonce to shame.You are just too sexy
Re: .... by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

[s]When you call people daft just to make your point, it just shows you are losing the argument. The whole registration was done in secrecy that was why it was never discussed in Armed Forces Ruling Council of the Federal Executive Council. In fact it was a French newspaper who broke the news after Nigeria had joined the organization on 9th January 1986

Nigeria external affairs minister at that time, Prof. Bolaji Akinyemi advised Nigerian Ambassador to Morrocco to only obverse the meeting between 6 - 10 January 1986, unknowing to him, IBB had assembled the likes of Alhaji Rilwanu Lukman, Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji, Sheikh Abubakar Gumi to travel to the meeting to register Nigeria as full member.

To underscore the secrecy, when it became open and opposed by CAN, IBB set up advisory committee and had Nigeria's membership status suspended in August 1991.

So... the whole application from Buhari to IBB was done in secret but as my people say, anything done in secret must surely be revealed one day[/s]
There was NOTHING secret in what IBB did. It was a public affair. The only thing was that IBB took a Dictatoral decision without carrying his Chief of General Staff and the Ruling Council along. Also it was REPORTED by the Press.

You are talking Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

berem de sexy one!! That your piksture will put beyonce to shame.You are just too sexy
kk
Re: .... by superstar1(m): 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
For we neutrals, in all these your PDP vs APC and GEJ vs GMB arguments, we will like clarification on the following:

1. Did Buhari called for total shariah over Nigeria or not?

2. Did he called for bloodshed pre-2011 election or not?

As much as I do not want a daft and corrupt human being as my president, I also do not want a jihadist warlord at the same time.

As much as I want change, at what cost to my peace will the change be?

The neutrals are watching this thin line closely.

1 Like

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
superstar1:
For we neutrals in all these your argument, I will like clarification on the following:

1. Did Buhari called for total shariah over Nigeria?

2. Did he called for bloodshed pre-2011 election?

As much as I do not want a daft and corrupt human being as my president, I also do not want a jihadist warlord at the same time.

The neutrals are watching this thin line closely.

buhari did call call for sharia after the Feb 200 sharia riots in kadunna.

https://www.nairaland.com/586305/buhari-calls-total-sharia-nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
pendy79:

Gowon sent gumi to attend the meeting on invitation and not to sign any agreement to be an observer nation. Attending a meeting to watch proceedings isn't tantamount to membership? People go to watch parliamentary procedure in the national assembly does that make them members of parliament?

You were on and on about Buhari taking Nigeria to OIC as if you where there with him?

Please Sir, Nigeria is one of the founding members of the OIC 1971. You cannot observe the meeting of OIC if you are not a member nation or observer.

Observer status is a privilege granted by some organizations to non-members to give them an ability to participate in the organization's activities. Observer status is often granted by intergovernmental organizations (IGO) to non-member states and international nongovernmental organizations (INGO) that have an interest in the IGO's activities. Observers generally have a limited ability to participate in the IGO, lacking the ability to vote or propose resolutions.

Nigeria was an observer in 1971 because Gowon said that he sent Gumi to not represent Nigeria state but Nigeria Muslims.

Can you move on now sir?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by brownlord: 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

BROS YOU ARE A PROPER YORUBA MAN MASQUAREDING AS AN IJAW MAN.SPARE ME THAT CRAP

All thanks to illungunboy who used his office position to turn him to yoruba slave, the boy turned yoruba meruwa the day he discovered illugunboy was a nairalander. he declared for apc because illugunboy instructed him to or get fired.

barcanista rather insult his okrika parents than say anything against yoruba. any time illungunboy want some bragging rights, he just mention the yoruba meruwa and he appear with the speed of light.

One word "modern day slavery"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by GenScatter231: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

bros why e de pain you say i compliment sexy berem? are you that jealous?

Lolzzz. Bros Chukwudi, I hail you sir. Stop behaving like a kid, you be old man sir grin

5 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
There was NOTHING secret in what IBB did. It was a public affair. The only thing was that IBB took a Dictatoral decision without carrying his Chief of General Staff and the Ruling Council along. Also it was REPORTED by the Press.

You are talking Nonsense

What was a public affair? why did Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe, Minister, Colonel Anthony Ukpo and External Affairs minister Professor Bolaji Akinyem who were members of the Armed Forces Ruling Council of the Federal Executive Council made a statement denying knowledge of the application?

The onus now is on you to provide evidence not just your usual rhetoric and insult.

If you can show me evidence that it was reported by the press, I will concede to your argument... just one evidence. I will match you 5 - 1 on the contrary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

What was a public affair? why did Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe, Minister, Colonel Anthony Ukpo and External Affairs minister Professor Bolaji Akinyem who were members of the Armed Forces Ruling Council of the Federal Executive Council made a statement denying knowledge of the application?

The onus now is on you to provide evidence not just your usual rhetoric and insult.

You are talking Nonsense
THE END

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
THE END

HAHAHAHA you opened a thread but can't keep up with your lies and half truths other than resorting to name calling and insults.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by samento: 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

where dos that show GEJ attending? bros are you for real?this docvument has nothing to do with all the lies you posted up thereAny body who bothers to chec that link will see that
You are not a reasonable beign, you rely on the lies of your masters. Let Reuben Abati come out to prove that Jonathan did not attend OIC meeting. Saudi will not tell lies against anybody.

1 Like

Re: .... by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2014
samento:
You are not a reasonable beign, you rely on the lies of your masters. Let Reuben Abati come out to prove that Jonathan did not attend OIC meeting. Saudi will not tell lies against anybody.
bros how about this https://www.nairaland.com/586305/buhari-calls-total-sharia-nigeria

2 Likes

Re: .... by pendy79: 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

Please Sir, Nigeria is one of the founding members of the OIC 1971. You cannot observe the meeting of OIC if you are not a member nation or observer.

Observer status is a privilege granted by some organizations to non-members to give them an ability to participate in the organization's activities. Observer status is often granted by intergovernmental organizations (IGO) to non-member states and international nongovernmental organizations (INGO) that have an interest in the IGO's activities. Observers generally have a limited ability to participate in the IGO, lacking the ability to vote or propose resolutions.

Nigeria was an observer in 1971 because Gowon said that he sent Gumi to not represent Nigeria state but Nigeria Muslims.

Can you move on now sir? Otherwise please show me any evidence that Mohammed had anything to do with OIC

Education is a previlege and I will implore you to seek and stop spewing rubbish here. George Bush sent a representative to a meeting of the OIC in dakar, senegal in the 80s does that make America an observer state? If in your write up you rightly said gumi was sent on behalf of Nigeria's muslim population and not to represent Nigeria is that not clear enough to you?

1 Like

Re: .... by greatdeal1408: 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
PM News Nigeria

P.M. NEWS Nigeria > Multimedia > Photo News > In Pictures: Jonathan arrives Cairo for OIC summit
In Pictures: Jonathan arrives Cairo for OIC summit print
Published on February 6, 2013 by · 21 Comments

President Goodluck Jonathan (l) being welcomed by President Mohamed Morsi of Egypt

President Goodluck Jonathan Arrived Cairo, Egypt Wednesday to attend The 12th Session Of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation.

President Jonathan will witness the opening ceremony and later depart for the UK, where he will confer with P.M. David Cameron and attend Friday, the inauguration of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo’s foundation in London
Bilateral meeting between Nigeria and Egypt in Cairo on Wednesday

Bilateral meeting between Nigeria and Egypt in Cairo on Wednesday

Jonathan with his wife, Dame Patience arriving Cairo International Airport

Jonathan with his wife, Dame Patience arriving Cairo International Airport

President Goodluck Jonathan (i) with President Mohammed Morsi of Egypt during a bilateral meeting

President Goodluck Jonathan (i) with President Mohammed Morsi of Egypt during a bilateral meeting

President Goodluck Jonathan (l) being welcomed by President Mohamed Morsi of Egypt

print
Posted by on February 6, 2013, 4:06 pm. Filed under Multimedia, News, Photo News, Today's Headlines. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
21 Comments for “In Pictures: Jonathan arrives Cairo for OIC summit”

JI
February 6, 2013 - 5:28 pm

Jonathan i dey warn you o, Morsi na senior Boko Haram!

An al-Qaeda leader should be avoided by Chrstian leaders. USA leadership must avoid that man like plague too.

Arab spring seem like workings from al-Qaeda movement
Sanusi A. Yaradua
February 7, 2013 - 1:45 pm

Warn him also about Saint Paul drones which the christian West is using on innocent children and women. Global imperialistic christian Terrorists.
Jide O
February 6, 2013 - 5:56 pm

Is Nigeria an Islamic country? Is Jonathan a christian now President of an Islamic nation? What is Jonathan telling Nigerians and the world as a whole?
spark
February 6, 2013 - 6:37 pm

What a globetrotting President is this? On every flimsy act – occasion and celebration out there he jumps on it at Tax Payers’ expense with his retinue of sycophants.
Upon the so many write up to readjust him and his cabinet, commentary and direct abuse by the population, he failed to listen. With reckless abandon he is neck deed in his mismanagement of the people’s resources. Take a look at the line up of country he is visiting and the reasons; tell me which respect world leader e.g USA, UK or Germany will do that. Our President is waste.
Afam
February 6, 2013 - 8:51 pm

Jonathan is a dull President. His brains are frozen. Attending OIC for what?.
uche
February 6, 2013 - 9:13 pm

This man jonna is really embarassing christians especially the southern christians,GOD what is this man doing in oic for God sake.i was one one his supporters now i see reasons while people are critising him,but who advice him on this.i am highly disappointed, is a shame.
Paul Obiaku
February 7, 2013 - 4:11 am

You are part of the problem. To have supported this daft, you have sent Nigeria 45 years backward. He made 32 foreign trips in 2012 only, his wife made more than that same year. In 4 years of Obama’s presidency he made 35 trips
frank akins
February 8, 2013 - 5:24 am

My brother Mr. president is looking for places to hide that is why he is running to all these uninvited meetings because Nigeria is getting too hot for him. The man has no agenda not for himself not talking of Nigeria. Am a Nigerian but very much ashamed of it.
Judgement is for sure
February 6, 2013 - 10:55 pm

Why blaming him? That is one of the things IBB put us into! Dont be afraid, Jonathan will be back to attend the next Holy Ghost night with the usual doctrine (kneeling down in front of man of God for blessings) Who says our president is not smart? http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=643&q=jonathan+and+adeboye&oq=jonathan+and+adeboye&gs_l=img.3..0i24.10604.16662.0.17000.21.12.0.9.9.0.126.1047.9j3.12.0…0.0…1ac.1.2.img.weq6IbOPaN8#imgrc=FSHqt_S_6i3gBM%3A%3Bt9sHOOitzReUWM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.codewit.com%252Fimages%252Fstories%252Fjonathan-adeboye-21.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.codewit.com%252Fnigeria-news%252F3483-president-goodluck-jonathan-calls-for-prayers%3B250%3B388
Judgement is for sure
February 6, 2013 - 10:55 pm

Why blaming him? That is one of the things IBB put us into! Dont be afraid, Jonathan will be back to attend the next Holy Ghost night with the usual doctrine (kneeling down in front of man of God for blessings) Who says our president is not smart?
Joy
February 7, 2013 - 9:41 am

Attending OIC summit by Mr. President does Nigeria no good, bilateral and cooperating in terrorism or what?
Ade
February 7, 2013 - 1:48 pm

Jonathan is a big mess to this nation. What is the essence of attending OIC? You better think well before you bring unrest to Nigeria
Isah
February 7, 2013 - 8:18 pm

This is the worst thing Jonathan has ever done.I pity him.
Maduabuchi onuoha
February 7, 2013 - 11:34 pm

Jonathan will explain to Nigeria the reason behind this visit to Egypt
during this OIC meeting .For we know that Nigeria is not an Islamist country
unless he wants to make us believe so then something has to been done
there’s noway Nigeria will be regarded as an Islamist country . This will not
be accpted .
God will help us
February 8, 2013 - 6:47 pm

There alot of Nigerians, Suffering in Prison, Nobody to attend to them even the stupid Embassy we have, The Egyptians treat Nigerians like goat or slave over here, Even Student are not free, Killing, beating us like goat, Even our girls are not save over here, raping and doing all unnecessary things with them , In fact Stealing our money. JONATHAN did say anything about that, What concerns him with OIC…. Is he a Muslim or what… Please Reporters ask him, When is all this going to Stop, Nigerians are suffering in all international country,
Michael
February 16, 2013 - 10:57 am

It’s so unfortunate that we now have so much bunkum head Nigerians. Wouldn’t it be better for Jonathan to go attend this oic meeting for once as a Christian leader so that the larger Christian society can be well fed with
what is actually happening in that oic. Look at how myopic some Christians have become. Jonathan is miles ahead of everyone of you. If has technocrats surrounding him not sycophants like some block headed Christian like you Styrofoam commenting. Give this man a chance and you will find out Nigeria will be better delivered.
Ade
February 17, 2013 - 2:12 pm

Instead of this man to sit down at home and take care of our problems, he is traveling all over the world. I think this Jonathan is cursed. He is doomed to be a failure. The only thing this useless and directionless president will be known for is traveling all over the world. I am waiting to see how this man will present himself for re election. IBB and OBJ , you see what you all have caused us. Saddling us with this once shoeless individual.
JOSEPH DAVID.
February 23, 2013 - 10:44 am

For playing the Esau, you lose my votes and that of my entire Household of faith. Haba! Like Eliab, i can hear neither have i chosen this.Like Saul, i can hear God regretting choosing this. We also reject you forthwith. This betrayal is worse than Judas’
Anibe
March 22, 2013 - 4:30 pm

instead of you to go and study how the animals are fairing in the bush (zoologist), you took your self to cairo.may God deliver you
amebo
March 26, 2013 - 7:37 pm

All of u wu r insulting d president, ur children will not regard you, bunch of foooools
yasli
March 30, 2013 - 12:57 pm

i dey wet MR president to replied………………

Comments are closed

COPIED FROM PM NEWS
Re: .... by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
greatdeal1408 thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Heroes Return: Villagers Welcome Soldiers Back From A Successful Operation / Posters Of Jonathan And Buhari Compete For Space In Abuja / Sit-At-Home: Enugu Residents Count Losses, Say ‘we Can’t Cope Anymore’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.