Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Understanding The Concept of Tithing - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The Concept of Tithing (37050 Views)

The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 10:24am On Mar 16, 2015
What is wrong with you, if I'm a Christian-This is the law on tithing-It's food-not cash..
jdilight:

You just added food to your scripture. If your a Christian, you should know the consequence
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 10:32am On Mar 16, 2015
brocab:
What is wrong with you, if I'm a Christian-This is the law on tithing-It's food-not cash..

Where do all the tithe translate to food. And can't money be used to buy food? And can't food be converted to money?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 10:34am On Mar 16, 2015
brocab:

I don't expect a doctor to understand the mechanics of machines as l wouldn't expect a non Christian to understand the mechanics of Christianity
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 10:42am On Mar 16, 2015
It can buy food-but tithing was never used for the Church to collect money, and if you are strong in obeying the laws on tithing at least you should obey the laws God gave to the Jews. Malcahi 3 bring all your tithes into the store house-so next time you pay your tithes give to your storehouse a can of soup at least, someone could have a full belly today..
jdilight:

Where do all the tithe translate to food. And can't money be used to buy food? And can't food be converted to money?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 10:46am On Mar 16, 2015
brocab:
It can buy food-but tithing was never used for the Church to collect money, and if you are strong in obeying the laws on tithing at least you should obey the laws God gave to the Jews. Malcahi 3 bring all your tithes into the store house-so next time you pay your tithes give to your storehouse a can of soup at least, someone could have a full belly today..

This is what happens when children pick up the Bible to interpret.

Which church get store houses?

When has all the tithe become foodstuf?

Are banks not store houses for keeping money?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 10:50am On Mar 16, 2015
brocab:

Let me ask you. When Jacob vow to give God a tenth of all if he return him back who, was that for food alone?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 10:51am On Mar 16, 2015
brocab:

The tithe Abraham gave to Melchizedek was it of food alone?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by PastorKun(m): 12:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
jdilight:

You just added food to your scripture. If your a Christian, you should know the consequence

Tithes in scripture was food, it is modern day preachers that turned tithes to mean money whilst ignoring the consequences of twisting God's word.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
Firstly we all know this story about Abram paid a tithe to the Kings as it was a custom to do so back then, "once" and he gave all from the spoils of war that didn't belong to him, So it was more then Just a percentage.
Secondly Abram didn't become rich because he tithed.

Later God made the tithing sacrificing and offerings into a law, so the Levities and the hungry can be fed yearly-that was a lot of crops stocks and mechanise brought into the temple storehouses.

Those days tithing was never paid with money, and if God wanted people to tithe with cash, I am sure he would have written it.
He didn't, because he knew money can buy anything-even back in those old Testament day's people would be using the cash flow for other reasons like they do today, WHILE THE HUNGRY STAY HUNGRY.

But as you see God had seen the bigger picture-Malachi 3 Bring all your tithes into the storehouse that there maybe food in my house.
Bringing in food products into the temple, made a lot of sense back then, like it would make a lot of sense if we were to tithe today, EVEN IN AFRICA, AND OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD.

Everyone who reads and understands the bible knows-God gave the tithing laws only to the Jews back then.
It was the temple customs to pay tithes in food-and taxes were paid with money, like it is with taxes today.

Matthew 17:24-27, Those who receives the taxes said to Peter "Does not your teacher pay the temple tax? Peter said Yes" After he came into the house Jesus asked Peter SIMON? From whom do the Kings of the earth take Customs or taxes from their own sons or from strangers-Peter answered and said: from strangers, Jesus then said THEN the sons are free.

Are you a JEW or a GENTILE, are you a JEW or a CHRISTIAN, are you the OLIVE TREE which is the Jews in Israel, or are you called the WILD OLIVE TREE which are Gentiles, have you been grafted into the OLIVE TREE-even in ISRAEL they don't pay TITHES today.

After Jesus changing that old covenant God made with His people-into a new covenant-everyone knows God gave all His Authority over to His Son Jesus Christ.
And everyone knows, Jesus is the door way to heaven and to His Father.

Acts 3:6 Peter said silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
We don't hear any of this in our Mega Churches today, all I hear is give me your money, and God will pour out his blessings upon you.
As I had mentioned before even today in Israel they no-longer pay tithes. It is only the westerners who have taking on this un biblical tithing racket.
If you are going to take on the tithing laws at least do it right-do it the way God said to do it.
jdilight:

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by christemmbassey(m): 8:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
Did Jesus, Paul, Peter, James, Timothy or any of the disciple/gpostles pay/recieve tithe?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 8:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
Again do you call yourself a Jew or a Gentile Christian-either of them don't pay tithes.

When you have time to spare, ask the Lord to show you how you can meditate on the word in finding the truth, the truth will set you free.

Have you heard about the story about the two witnesses, in "Revelation" one is the Olive Tree and the other being the Wild Olive Tree, well the story go's like this-The Olive Tree is the Jews in Israel, and the Wild Olive Tree, are the Gentiles, who are now grafted into the Olive Tree as the branches.
The Jews having the old Testament and the Christian having the new Testament both witnesses holds the keys to scripture that leads us to eternal life with Christ.

Even in Israel they don't tithe today-so those Gentiles who are grafted in as branches-don't tithe today.
And you would think we would be working together as one team, ONE BODY-ONE LORD-ONE SALVATION, AND ONE OLIVE TREE.

But It's seems only those branches who are broken off, are working against Jew and Gentile.

jdilight:

Let me ask you. When Jacob vow to give God a tenth of all if he return him back who, was that for food alone?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 11:51am On Mar 19, 2015
brocab:
Again do you call yourself a Jew or a Gentile Christian-either of them don't pay tithes.

When you have time to spare, ask the Lord to show you how you can meditate on the word in finding the truth, the truth will set you free.

Have you heard about the story about the two witnesses, in "Revelation" one is the Olive Tree and the other being the Wild Olive Tree, well the story go's like this-The Olive Tree is the Jews in Israel, and the Wild Olive Tree, are the Gentiles, who are now grafted into the Olive Tree as the branches.
The Jews having the old Testament and the Christian having the new Testament both witnesses holds the keys to scripture that leads us to eternal life with Christ.

Even in Israel they don't tithe today-so those Gentiles who are grafted in as branches-don't tithe today.
And you would think we would be working together as one team, ONE BODY-ONE LORD-ONE SALVATION, AND ONE OLIVE TREE.

But It's seems only those branches who are broken off, are working against Jew and Gentile.

The Lord instructed me to pay tithe. When you talk of been shown the truth, the a lot of falsehood being claimed as truth.

Jesus did not abolish tithing. People masquerading as children of light are.

Follow your heart but stop teaching people who don't have knowledge wrong things
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 12:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
brocab:
Firstly we all know this story about Abram paid a tithe to the Kings as it was a custom to do so back then, "once" and he gave all from the spoils of war that didn't belong to him, So it was more then Just a percentage.
Secondly Abram didn't become rich because he tithed.

Later God made the tithing sacrificing and offerings into a law, so the Levities and the hungry can be fed yearly-that was a lot of crops stocks and mechanise brought into the temple storehouses.

Those days tithing was never paid with money, and if God wanted people to tithe with cash, I am sure he would have written it.
He didn't, because he knew money can buy anything-even back in those old Testament day's people would be using the cash flow for other reasons like they do today, WHILE THE HUNGRY STAY HUNGRY.

But as you see God had seen the bigger picture-Malachi 3 Bring all your tithes into the storehouse that there maybe food in my house.
Bringing in food products into the temple, made a lot of sense back then, like it would make a lot of sense if we were to tithe today, EVEN IN AFRICA, AND OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD.

Everyone who reads and understands the bible knows-God gave the tithing laws only to the Jews back then.
It was the temple customs to pay tithes in food-and taxes were paid with money, like it is with taxes today.

Matthew 17:24-27, Those who receives the taxes said to Peter "Does not your teacher pay the temple tax? Peter said Yes" After he came into the house Jesus asked Peter SIMON? From whom do the Kings of the earth take Customs or taxes from their own sons or from strangers-Peter answered and said: from strangers, Jesus then said THEN the sons are free.

Are you a JEW or a GENTILE, are you a JEW or a CHRISTIAN, are you the OLIVE TREE which is the Jews in Israel, or are you called the WILD OLIVE TREE which are Gentiles, have you been grafted into the OLIVE TREE-even in ISRAEL they don't pay TITHES today.

After Jesus changing that old covenant God made with His people-into a new covenant-everyone knows God gave all His Authority over to His Son Jesus Christ.
And everyone knows, Jesus is the door way to heaven and to His Father.

Acts 3:6 Peter said silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
We don't hear any of this in our Mega Churches today, all I hear is give me your money, and God will pour out his blessings upon you.
As I had mentioned before even today in Israel they no-longer pay tithes. It is only the westerners who have taking on this un biblical tithing racket.
If you are going to take on the tithing laws at least do it right-do it the way God said to do it.

You did a lot of bad job trying to sell your point. Your comparison of tithe and tax shows you don't know what is tithe.

You categories all giving as extortion, too bad
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
PastorKun:

Tithes in scripture was food, it is modern day preachers that turned tithes to mean money whilst ignoring the consequences of twisting God's word.

How do "bring ALL THE TITHE into the store house, that they may be FOOD in my house" translate to tithe being food or is ALL THE TITHE as a phase too hard for you to comprehen?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by PastorKun(m): 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
jdilight:

How do "bring ALL THE TITHE into the store house, that they may be FOOD in my house" translate to tithe being food or is ALL THE TITHE as a phase too hard for you to comprehen?

The bible makes it clear that it is tithes of food items it is talking about, it is charlatans that twist it to mean money to enrich their pockets. That aside malachi 3:10 was directed to the children of Israel and NOT Christians.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
PastorKun:

The bible makes it clear that it is tithes of food items it is talking about, it is charlatans that twist it to mean money to enrich their pockets. That aside malachi 3:10 was directed to the children of Israel and NOT Christians.

All the tithe means everything that can make food abound in the house of God. You go school at all.

How are you a Christian without being a seed of Abraham? You be fraud?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 5:20am On Mar 20, 2015
Then instead of mouthing off show me where in scripture to prove your right and the bibles wrong.
jdilight:

You did a lot of bad job trying to sell your point. Your comparison of tithe and tax shows you don't know what is tithe.

You categories all giving as extortion, too bad
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 5:26am On Mar 20, 2015
In your scripts you don't seem to back up your words with bible scriptures.

Do you sacrifice, do you give burnt offerings, So if you say the lord didn't abolish tithing-then it's obvious he didn't abolish sacrificing and burnt offerings either.
So can you show me anywhere, why you don't practice sacrificing and burnt offering, as well as your tithing's

Show me where in the bible tithing is about money, show me you have tested all the spirits.
1 John 4:1- Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Show me where the Lord had miss quoted Himself in scriptures.

If God told you to tithe, as you say-then God hasn't changed His law on tithing-and He didn't Change what was crops, stocks, and mechanise.
So if God told you to tithe then he told you to follow that same pattern He had showing His Jewish people back then?
jdilight:

The Lord instructed me to pay tithe. When you talk of been shown the truth, the a lot of falsehood being claimed as truth.

Jesus did not abolish tithing. People masquerading as children of light are.

Follow your heart but stop teaching people who don't have knowledge wrong things
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by PastorKun(m): 8:02am On Mar 20, 2015
jdilight:

All the tithe means everything that can make food abound in the house of God. You go school at all.

How are you a Christian without being a seed of Abraham? You be fraud?

You are the one talking like an illiterate fraudster. All the original instructions given by God to the israelites to tithe made it crystal clear the was to be strictly from their agric produce. Tithes was clearly defined in Leviticus and deuteronomy. The malachi passage you fraudsters enjoy using did not define tithes(leaving room for ambiguity) it was merely a reharsh of earlier clearly defined instructions in the bible and not a fresh instruction so to understand God's tithe well, one needs to go back to the original instruction in Leviticus were it was clearly defined.

What has being the seed of Abraham got to do with the unbiblical tithe charlatans like you are preaching today
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by foxychev(m): 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
Dobt b deceived by thieves!
Deuteronomy 14:22- end.
That is the scripture where tithing was clearly established.
Ur tithe is meant to be brought to a chosen place to be EATEN. If the place is too far to transport ur farm produce, convert it to money and use the money to buy food, drinks, etc. and EAT and DRINK it before the Lord! But d instruction is to invite the levites to partake in the feast, n carry some of d food to the temple for the priests.
Malachi is addressed to d levites, nt d whole people. they failed to take part of d food n wine to d priests in d temple, dats where d "robbing God" came frm.

Today's Pastors are economical with the truth, because they think they are helping God.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by foxychev(m): 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
Ur tithe is meant to be brought to a chosen place to be EATEN. If the place is too far to transport ur farm produce, convert it to money and use the money to buy food, drinks, etc. and EAT and DRINK it before the Lord! But d instruction is to invite the levites to partake in the feast, n d levites carry some of d food to the temple for the priests.
Malachi is addressed to d levites, nt d whole people. they failed to take part of d food n wine to d priests in d temple, dats where d "robbing God" came frm.

Today's Pastors are economical with the truth, because they think they are helping God.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by PastorKun(m): 8:29am On Mar 21, 2015
foxychev:
Ur tithe is meant to be brought to a chosen place to be EATEN. If the place is too far to transport ur farm produce, convert it to money and use the money to buy food, drinks, etc. and EAT and DRINK it before the Lord! But d instruction is to invite the levites to partake in the feast, n d levites carry some of d food to the temple for the priests.

GBAM!!!
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 8:00am On Mar 23, 2015
Not only he tithed Foods alone but stolen goods.... cool
jdilight:

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by PastorKun(m): 9:34am On Mar 23, 2015
brocab:

You are wrong here, Abraham tithed goodss recovered from those who looted them in the first instance. The goods belonged to the king of Sodom and he recovered it for him. He was not the one that stole the goods.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
No one said anything about Abram stealing the goods.

But they didn't belong to Abram-so not only did he tithe' he gave all, that didn't belong to him.

Anybody who loots from anyone's personal belongings without asking, by law is Classed as stolen goods.
And it was Abram who recovered those stolen goods and returned it to the rightful owner.
They are still classed as stolen until that rightful owner retrieves his goods, even in today's laws.

Genesis 14, As you see the rightful owner wasn't to keen on receiving those goods-but said to Abram Give me the persons, and take the goods for yourself." But Abram said I will take nothing from you, lest you say I have made Abram rich.

This is a good scripture to give the tithers, and here's Abram knocking back the kings blessings.
PastorKun:

You are wrong here, Abraham tithed goodss recovered from those who looted them in the first instance. The goods belonged to the king of Sodom and he recovered it for him. He was not the one that stole the goods.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by PastorKun(m): 9:47am On Mar 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 10:15am On Mar 24, 2015
brocab:

Lol, no stolen gold, clothes and animals? I guess. You have a narrow mind.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 10:34am On Mar 24, 2015
PastorKun:

You are the one talking like an illiterate fraudster. All the original instructions given by God to the israelites to tithe made it crystal clear the was to be strictly from their agric produce. Tithes was clearly defined in Leviticus and deuteronomy. The malachi passage you fraudsters enjoy using did not define tithes(leaving room for ambiguity) it was merely a reharsh of earlier clearly defined instructions in the bible and not a fresh instruction so to understand God's tithe well, one needs to go back to the original instruction in Leviticus were it was clearly defined.

What has being the seed of Abraham got to do with the unbiblical tithe charlatans like you are preaching today

First of all l want to let you know that am not a pastor and has never claim to be one as you.

With the aforementioned, I have no benefit from your tithing except like Jesus to see the gospel of my Father spread to the ends of the world.

What my pastor does with mine tithe is not my business but Gods business. From this l will let you no that am not as envious of people as you are. Your comment unvails your envy of pastors whom you see live large and your small mind tells you its a product of your tithe. Be released from the bandage of envy.

Lastly, before there was the law of tithe as put up by you. Abraham and Jacob has given tithe. Its a tradition of gratitude to God.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 10:42am On Mar 24, 2015
brocab:
In your scripts you don't seem to back up your words with bible scriptures.

Do you sacrifice, do you give burnt offerings, So if you say the lord didn't abolish tithing-then it's obvious he didn't abolish sacrificing and burnt offerings either.
So can you show me anywhere, why you don't practice sacrificing and burnt offering, as well as your tithing's

Show me where in the bible tithing is about money, show me you have tested all the spirits.
1 John 4:1- Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Show me where the Lord had miss quoted Himself in scriptures.

If God told you to tithe, as you say-then God hasn't changed His law on tithing-and He didn't Change what was crops, stocks, and mechanise.
So if God told you to tithe then he told you to follow that same pattern He had showing His Jewish people back then?

We don't practice sacrificial laws because Jesus has fulfilled that by being a sacrificial lamb. Jesus said he did not come to destroy the law but to full fill it. He did not fulfill the moral laws.

Do you know Abraham and Jacob gave money tithe?

Do you even know that Levi is a tithe to God by Jacob?

Do you know that l give tithe because of mine love for God not my Church nor my pastor. Am like God, love drives me to give.

If you can't give your love is fake.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by dorox(m): 10:46am On Mar 24, 2015
jdilight:

First of all l want to let you know that am not a pastor and has never claim to be one as you.

With the aforementioned, I have no benefit from your tithing except like Jesus to see the gospel of my Father spread to the ends of the world.

What my pastor does with mine tithe is not my business but Gods business. From this l will let you no that am not as envious of people as you are. Your comment unvails your envy of pastors whom you see live large and your small mind tells you its a product of your tithe. Be released from the bandage of envy.

Lastly, before there was the law of tithe as put up by you. Abraham and Jacob has given tithe. Its a tradition of gratitude to God.

From Abel onwards before the law was established it was common practice for servant of God to give burnt offering to God, but I gues you don't do that anymore even though animal sacrifice predates the law.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 10:55am On Mar 24, 2015
dorox:

From Abel onwards before the law was established it was common practice for servant of God to give burnt offering to God, but I gues you don't do that anymore even though animal sacrifice predates the law.

Yes, because Jesus fulfilled that law. So where did Jesus fulfill the law of tithing?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by dorox(m): 11:32am On Mar 24, 2015
jdilight:

Yes, because Jesus fulfilled that law. So where did Jesus fulfill the law of tithing?
My point is that you cannot use the argument that tithing predates the law as a justification for tithing as you did in the last paragraph of you previous post.
Abraham tithed just once, so are you saying that christians should tithe only once like Abraham?
While it is true that some servants of God paid tithe before the Law was established, it was usually a one off payment like that of Abraham. The regular payment of tithe came with the establishment of the Law. So don't you think that it will make more sense that regular tithing would no longer be applicable to christians if the law that made tithing regular is annulled for christians?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

About The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / 10 Sermons Most Young Ladies Will Likely Turn Deaf Ears To / Bishop Omooba Adebowale Exchanges His Shoes Worth N145K With Member During

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.