Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (880616 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 2:31pm On Aug 22, 2015
worry359:

Why should he give you his number?
If you have anything useful and honest to say the write it here for everyone to learn from.

Help stamp out secret messages from thieves and agents.

That's true! weldone

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by worry359(m): 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2015
sobastical:

That's true! weldone

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
Kemilolarutty:
I hv been given appointment date which is on the 11th of september.

Please go to the embassy with all your documents for a new appointment date. It's FREE.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by dollyptosh(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2015
uzhi:
The white people might look at you strangely both inside plane and on arriving Eesti, do not fear, just be yourself. Do not extend unnecessary courtesy to them, only if they look like one who want it. Beware of the junkies in Eesti, they are drunkards and can be ruthless sometimes.
While inside tram or bus in Eesti, do not sit at the back sit, because that's where their junkies usually go for.
I was stopped at the Lennart airport for questioning by their immigration, but a call to Tallinn university cleared me. In case u experience dsame, the worst is that they will call your school.
I hope my write-ups would be handy for you all. I stand to be corrected though, because my brain isn't functioning right yet.
Lol.. ..@my brain isn't functioning right yet

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by uzhi(m): 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
Agents, keep off nairalander !

4 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by uzhi(m): 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
uzhi:
Agents, keep off nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kenigbolo: 7:54am On Aug 23, 2015
uzhi:
The white people might look at you strangely both inside plane and on arriving Eesti, do not fear, just be yourself. Do not extend unnecessary courtesy to them, only if they look like one who want it. Beware of the junkies in Eesti, they are drunkards and can be ruthless sometimes.
While inside tram or bus in Eesti, do not sit at the back sit, because that's where their junkies usually go for.
I was stopped at the Lennart airport for questioning by their immigration, but a call to Tallinn university cleared me. In case u experience dsame, the worst is that they will call your school.
I hope my write-ups would be handy for you all. I stand to be corrected though, because my brain isn't functioning right yet.

Uzhi now that's what I'm talking about.... A lot of people have no idea about what it all is. I've been to Europe before for a semester (Germany) and I know a lot about the stigmatisation given to the Nigerian passport and the normal series of questions they usually ask. Nonetheless I've also learned an important lesson concerning the bus experience though Matt at the embassy here told me a few stuffs about it late on Wednesday evening when we were discussing. I guess I'd take a straight bus directly from the Airport to Tartu since I happen to be one of the very few guys who would be studying there. Anyways for those who would use Turkish Airlines to Tallinn, be very careful, the transfer time is just about 30 minutes so you've got to be smart. I got stuck in Kenya for 9 hours because of stuff like that

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
kenigbolo:

Uzhi now that's what I'm talking about.... A lot of people have no idea about what it all is. I've been to Europe before for a semester (Germany) and I know a lot about the stigmatisation given to the Nigerian passport and the normal series of questions they usually ask. Nonetheless I've also learned an important lesson concerning the bus experience though Matt at the embassy here told me a few stuffs about it late on Wednesday evening when we were discussing. I guess I'd take a straight bus directly from the Airport to Tartu since I happen to be one of the very few guys who would be studying there. Anyways for those who would use Turkish Airlines to Tallinn, be very careful, the transfer time is just about 30 minutes so you've got to be smart. I got stuck in Kenya for 9 hours because of stuff like that

Hey keni what is transfer time
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kenigbolo: 3:49am On Aug 24, 2015
omitobi:

Hey keni what is transfer time

It's the time difference between when your flight lands and when your connecting flight takes of. For the Turkish Airlines it's an hour but trust me when I say it's more like 15minutes than one hour. Your luggage also might not come out on time

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kenigbolo: 3:50am On Aug 24, 2015
kenigbolo:

It's the time difference between when your flight lands and when your connecting flight takes of. For the Turkish Airlines it's an hour but trust me when I say it's more like 15minutes than one hour. Your luggage also might not come out on time

Kenya Airways are very good at not getting the luggage on board your connecting flight asap so let's just pray that Turkish Airlines would be different

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 6:22am On Aug 25, 2015
Visa received successfully pals. It was visa galore yesterday at Estonian embassy. If you need to go through India please don't hesitate.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kenigbolo: 5:27am On Aug 26, 2015
Okay everyone, I've arrived safely without any hitches

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nairaspace: 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
kenigbolo:
Okay everyone, I've arrived safely without any hitches

we knew you would! grin

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by YEMIKOYA: 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
All glory to God for the safe flight and warmly atmosphere in Estonia, I really appreciate everyone on this page, because without your post shared experiences and challenges made the journey easier, I am also ready to share guide anyone coming from the beautiful country Nigeria to TUT, I bet you its very interesting, duo few challenges which are surmountable. Orientation program starts today. Tere! Tere!! is good over here.
African students progam by 3pm venue: SOC??.
Are you still in Nigeria? what's the problem?

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ofime123(m): 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
please someone should answer this question, did u guys pay the tuition fee before u were given the admission letter or u pay on arriver in Estonia? thanks!

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nairaspace: 5:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
ofime123:
please someone should answer this question, did u guys pay the tuition fee before u were given the admission letter or u pay on arriver in Estonia? thanks!

To my knowledge, if your course is not tuition-free, payment of fees is required before admission letter is given.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ofime123(m): 9:54am On Aug 28, 2015
nairaspace:

To my knowledge, if your course is not tuition-free, payment of fees is required before admission letter is given.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by marcondo13: 10:39am On Aug 28, 2015
A friend of mine currently doing his Phd in Czech Republic told me that he travelled to Estonia for his Masters at Tartu University,from Nigeria with a Schengen visa from the French Embassy,and applied for his residence permit on arrival. He forwarded emails from his school to prove it.
I think it will be nice if applicants contact the International offices in their universities of choice to confirm if it is possible. I think that it will be cheaper and less strenuous to get a schengen visa in Nigeria,than to travel to India to get an Estonia class D visa,because you will still apply for a residence permit ! Just my two pence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by promise2(f): 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
marcondo13:
A friend of mine currently doing his Phd in Czech Republic told me that he travelled to Estonia for his Masters at Tartu University,from Nigeria with a Schengen visa from the French Embassy,and applied for his residence permit on arrival. He forwarded emails from his school to prove it.
I think it will be nice if applicants contact the International offices in their universities of choice to confirm if it is possible. I think that it will be cheaper and less strenuous to get a schengen visa in Nigeria,than to travel to India to get an Estonia class D visa,because you will still apply for a residence permit ! Just my two pence.

@Marcondo i sent you a pm please respond.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by uzhi(m): 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
Travelling to India is an option when you don't want refusal, because the success rate there is second to none. Payment of tuition depends on your school. I have done most of my registration at Tallinna Ulikooli and am yet to pay tuition fee.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Soxxy: 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
Please, is there anybody travelling to Estonia from Nigeria? Pls, should you know of somebody kindly respond as I left a vital property at home. It is very light. Please help me. I promise to "retaliate" Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
I know a guy coming from Nigeria but I'm not sure if he's not on his way already.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
marcondo13:

Yeah you are right.. But as uzhi said.. You can save yourself of refusal and/or time wastage by going to India. It's safe clean, though a long journey but at least you get your visa easily provide with your required documents but if you try it from Nigeria I would call that a guess. Since vfs is the one handling visa collection for Belgium, Italy, and some other Schenghen member states, the process is very long. And from these embassy you can hardly get an Estonia visa from there the requirements are too high, and you cannot get a study type d visa. You need to go to an Estonian embassy to do that. And I believe that your friend did that in Estonia embassy else since he's in Europe and not in Nigeria you should know that it would be easy for Him even if he got it from other embassy apart from Estonian.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
And forgive me, he applied from Nigeria? Well, as you know it could have been that he's already studying in Europe. The challenge is that if your study is close, then don't dare to go through other embassy apart from Estonia. Number one, the best type c visa you could get is for tourism, and as long as you are not given up to 90 days visa you have a chance that you won't be in Estonia when your TRP should be ready and therefore you will miss some parts of your study periods. The essence of going to the nearest embassy is to get the whole process streamlined and thus have nothing to risk. But for the school, I can bet that no school will advise you to come to Estonia through other embassy apart from theirs.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by AmEagles: 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
@uzhilove
&
@YEMIKOYA

Please I need to ask you guys some questions which should be private.
Please can you guys PM me. Thanks
Would really appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mickeyenglish(m): 6:52am On Aug 30, 2015
can sum1 pls notify if d Estonian universities offer Art and Humanities courses for Bachelor's degree...pls...thankz in anticipation of ur numerous replies

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2015
AmEagles:
@uzhilove & @YEMIKOYA
Please I need to ask you guys some questions which should be private. Please can you guys PM me. Thanks Would really appreciate it.

It would do you more help if you can put up the questions here

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by AmEagles: 10:24am On Aug 30, 2015
sobastical:

It would do you more help if you can put up the questions here

Thanks for your comment. But the word private is clear as it should be. Meaning it between me and the aforementioned names.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by AmEagles: 10:28am On Aug 30, 2015
mickeyenglish:
can sum1 pls notify if d Estonian universities offer Art and Humanities courses for Bachelor's degree...pls...thankz in anticipation of ur numerous replies

Yes, they do.
Tallinn University and University of Tartu

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Soxxy: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2015
omitobi:
I know a guy coming from Nigeria but I'm not sure if he's not on his way already.

@omitobi , Please do help confirm if he is still in Nigeria. Pls.

@ophre I need to speak with you.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 11:35am On Aug 30, 2015
I'm sorry he's on his way. But I know another person you can possibly reach. Send me a mail so we could talk.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Soxxy: 11:42am On Aug 30, 2015
Kindly let me have ur mail address . If u are in Estonia already, I can come see you. Its my shoe. I left it at home. The one I have here is hurting my toes. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.