Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (880575 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kenigbolo: 7:51am On Sep 05, 2015
Rubbers:

I agree with the first bolded, I have faith in all eesti hopefuls and those of you there already tho, hopefully we won't tarnish that image. What's up with all the "Shock Shock" oga keni explain please for people wey go mistakenly use wet hands go dey change NEPA phase for estonia grin

Wetin I mean be say Estonia no be rich country like Germany so if na that kind intention then no.need to even bother. Secondly those yahoo boys for thier own good shouldn't come here. I majored in Networking and Security in my Bachelor's and I can say with good authority that Estonian Cybersphere is well secured from my impirical analysis so far and it seems like a wired central connected system. Anyone who plans on doing cyberfraud will be caught one way or another it doesn't matter how long, you will definitely be caught. This country is f**king advanced technologically that I can't help but weep for Nigeria. Anyways we are here to acquire as much knowledge as possible and then come back to implement in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jidesam168(m): 10:27am On Sep 05, 2015
kenigbolo:
Sorry for keeping away for a while guys, the life of a software engineering honours msc student isn't an easy one, if you doubt just ask tobi. Its not easy being a student of two different universities at the same time. There's a huge community of Nigerians in Tallinn from what I saw in during my lectures there two days back. Congrats to everyone who is studying here in Estonia, I'm just gonna appeal to everyone here to please keep the flag flying high and not mess up. Lets protect the image of Nigeria this once, just this once please. I know this might sound hysterical but I'd led Nigerian student's abroad and I know thier tendencies to somehow mess up but I'm quite confident on the bunch we have here.
For those planning on coming to Estonia, please if you know your intentions aren't clean then don't come because Estonia "go shock you". Try and balance yourself financially and have a clear plan else you would be shocked. If its going to be your first time leaving Nigeria to any cold/temperate region then be prepared to face some harsh realities in terms of weather conditions. If you plan to come to UT prepare to have extremely crazy good grades and to study double time.
Lastly Estonia is fun, its quite easy to get carried away, if you know you can't balance your social life with an academic life then its better not to have a social life because the bitter truth is that your academic life would suffer. In all its important to have fun, drink beer and meet girls (if you do those kind of stuffs) but don't ever forget your primary aim of coming here......
Best of luck to each and everyone of you
kenigbolo:

Wetin I mean be say Estonia no be rich country like Germany so if na that kind intention then no.need to even bother. Secondly those yahoo boys for thier own good shouldn't come here. I majored in Networking and Security in my Bachelor's and I can say with good authority that Estonian Cybersphere is well secured from my impirical analysis so far and it seems like a wired central connected system. Anyone who plans on doing cyberfraud will be caught one way or another it doesn't matter how long, you will definitely be caught. This country is f**king advanced technologically that I can't help but weep for Nigeria. Anyways we are here to acquire as much knowledge as possible and then come back to implement in Nigeria.
boss do u mean they don't accept 2nd class lower, because I have the intention to apply for nextyear at talinn university and they stated it at there site thatthey accept 2nd class lower, pls kindly clarify. Thanks alot
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Rubbers(m): 10:34am On Sep 05, 2015
kenigbolo:

You've said it all. A word they say is enough.. I jst wanted you to spell it out officially. More grease.. cool

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jidesam168(m): 10:53am On Sep 05, 2015
uzhi:
Tallinn University
, boss pls can u clarify maybe tallin university accept 2nd class lower, I intend going for masters. Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kirikiri100: 11:30am On Sep 05, 2015
kenigbolo:

So you mean they are more cyber secure than U.S and Germany whom even are still fighting hard to curb cyber crimes? I don't support cyber crime but stop painting Estonia like safe haven against cyber crime.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by uzhi(m): 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
You won't understand how wired Estonia is until you arrive here. I usually don't belief in a closed system, because every system have a weak side. In my last lecture, we delibrated on how people evades tax in Estonia despite their advancement in tech. But for a tiny country like Eesti to posses such hi-tech give her a thumb up.
kirikiri100:

So you mean they are more cyber secure than U.S and Germany whom even are still fighting hard to curb cyber crimes? I don't support cyber crime but stop painting Estonia like safe haven against cyber crime.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kenigbolo: 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
kirikiri100:

My brother US dey learn work believe you me. I majored in security and the odds here are just so much in favor of Estonia way more than the US. Do a little bit more of research before you just assume because of big name countries. NATO wasn't foolish to make Estonia the HQ of the cyber security division, in terms of population Estonia is not even as populated as the smallest state in Nigeria (Bayelsa) so it is quite foolish to think that the US with such huge population and almost the same facility would be better at it than them. I'm currently participating in a cyber security training session organized by Oxford University and guess what, they decided to do it in Tallinn. I don't like arguing blindly so if you feel I'm not saying what I'm saying on good authority then no problem because you can explore. They might not catch you immediately but eventually they will.... Mark my words

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kenigbolo: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2015
uzhi:
You won't understand how wired Estonia is until you arrive here. I usually don't belief in a closed system, because every system have a weak side. In my last lecture, we delibrated on how people evades tax in Estonia despite their advancement in tech. But for a tiny country like Eesti to posses such hi-tech give her a thumb up.

Uzhi leave am, him think say na Nigeria or na by big name country...... Estonia has more e_services than any country on the planet called earth and we all thought it was a joke until we landed here

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kenigbolo: 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2015
jidesam168:
boss do u mean they don't accept 2nd class lower, because I have the intention to apply for nextyear at talinn university and they stated it at there site thatthey accept 2nd class lower, pls kindly clarify. Thanks alot

TUT and TU (both in Tallinn) accepts lower I think and its based on the department but UT doesn't take lower for any department, if they do then its by God's grace and maybe due to work experience
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kirikiri100: 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
kenigbolo:

My brother US dey learn work believe you me. I majored in security and the odds here are just so much in favor of Estonia way more than the US. Do a little bit more of research before you just assume because of big name countries. NATO wasn't foolish to make Estonia the HQ of the cyber security division, in terms of population Estonia is not even as populated as the smallest state in Nigeria (Bayelsa) so it is quite foolish to think that the US with such huge population and almost the same facility would be better at it than them. I'm currently participating in a cyber security training session organized by Oxford University and guess what, they decided to do it in Tallinn. I don't like arguing blindly so if you feel I'm not saying what I'm saying on good authority then no problem because you can explore. They might not catch you immediately but eventually they will.... Mark my words
I still repeat, no country has full immunity against hackers and cyber crime all what they can do is to minimize it and its easy for them because of their low population.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kirikiri100: 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
kenigbolo:

So you mean estonia is the best place to study I.t on the world? I can recommend it to my brother.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kenigbolo: 4:49am On Sep 06, 2015
kirikiri100:

So you mean estonia is the best place to study I.t on the world? I can recommend it to my brother.

Nope...... It's not the best place to study IT in the world my brother. The best IT university in the world is still Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by kenigbolo: 4:57am On Sep 06, 2015
kirikiri100:

I still repeat, no country has full immunity against hackers and cyber crime all what they can do is to minimize it and its easy for them because of their low population.

If you had at least read through properly you would have known that this comment wasn't even needed at all because I never said they are immune to cyber crime. Next time understand the explanation before you go guns blazing over nothing. There is no country on earth that's not susceptible to cyber crime but some countries are better equipped to handle it better than others dues to several factors like facilities, population etc. Try to understand explanations before going ballistic next time. If na exam now na lecturer person go blame but na so e dey take dey easy to fail

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Paulomilo: 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
Guys weldon.. You guys av bn doing a lot of great brilliant work here.. Please help a brother out here.. I av admission since last month and I need to apply for India visa.. Please hw can I go about.. Anyone Ard lagos that can help out please.. embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry bn on this since last month waited a month for Egypt visa didn't get it.. So please anyhelp will appreciate please...
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
Paulomilo:
Guys weldon.. You guys av bn doing a lot of great brilliant work here.. Please help a brother out here.. I av admission since last month and I need to apply for India visa.. Please hw can I go about.. Anyone Ard lagos that can help out please.. embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry bn on this since last month waited a month for Egypt visa didn't get it.. So please anyhelp will appreciate please...

Why not try Georgia? get someone that can help you fill out the form it's just 20usd and in 5 days you get your evisa then you fly with Qatar airline
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Damerez17(m): 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
Hello nairalanders over this thread, i just come across this thread. Pls i would like to know more about studying in estonia both the requirements, procedure and all i need to know about it. For any reply, Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ophre: 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2015
sobastical:

Why not try Georgia? get someone that can help you fill out the form it's just 20usd and in 5 days you get your evisa then you fly with Qatar airline

@sobastical....can I have ur mail? Can I please shed more light about this georgia visa?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
ophre:

@sobastical....can I have ur mail? Can I please shed more light about this georgia visa?

I just sent you a pm check your inbox
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
Damerez17:
Hello nairalanders over this thread, i just come across this thread. Pls i would like to know more about studying in estonia both the requirements, procedure and all i need to know about it. For any reply, Thanks

No body will send a message to that email...read through the thread and you will find answer to your questions and if your still unclear then throw the question here to get the best answer.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
sobastical:

boss,
Georgia has embassy in Nigeria right?
So from Georgia, he will take a train or a bus to Estonia right?

This will go a long way to help most people.
I will go true the thread once more to look for info that will help me when making my arrangements
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2015
slimz10:

boss,
Georgia has embassy in Nigeria right?
So from Georgia, he will take a train or a bus to Estonia right?

This will go a long way to help most people.
I will go true the thread once more to look for info that will help me when making my arrangements

Not like that, they don't have any embassy here but it's a cable visa just like the type of dubai and a selection of Qatar and turkey airline do accept that and this visa only cost 20.5usd and issued within 5 days. Don't panic just make sure you follow the right chanel to get the visa.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
sobastical:

Not like that, they don't have any embassy here but it's a cable visa just like the type of dubai and a selection of Qatar and turkey airline do accept that and this visa only cost 20.5usd and issued within 5 days. Don't panic just make sure you follow the right chanel to get the visa.

OK...thanks.
thou I have not started application, but if I will,
when I reach this stage, I would hope this route will still be available.

Right now, I am on stage zero.
I will start gathering documents and do int'l passport from next year
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by bawz012(m): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
but... i tot there was a reason y Mr Uzhi and co. didnt use georgia when travelling... they used india ...
so am just wondering if that georgia is a good idea afterall
anyone?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Damerez17(m): 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
sobastical:

No body will send a message to that email...read through the thread and you will find answer to your questions and if your still unclear then throw the question here to get the best answer.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 12:50am On Sep 08, 2015
slimz10:

OK...thanks.
thou I have not started application, but if I will,
when I reach this stage, I would hope this route will still be available.

Right now, I am on stage zero.
I will start gathering documents and do int'l passport from next year

Why not this year? don't forget to do English proficiency test too and also make sure you start you application as soon as the portal is open.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 12:53am On Sep 08, 2015
bawz012:
but... i tot there was a reason y Mr Uzhi and co. didnt use georgia when travelling... they used india ...
so am just wondering if that georgia is a good idea afterall
anyone?

It's all about choice sir, I won't speak anymore about the Georgia thing. Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 08, 2015
sobastical:

Why not this year? don't forget to do English proficiency test too and also make sure you start you application as soon as the portal is open.

finance stuff.
Wanted to take it gradually.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 1:09am On Sep 08, 2015
Damerez17:
[b][/b]@sobastical I'm really intrested in it thats why i post that. Need information how to go about it. Pls dont be to harsh on me buh explain to me like a lame man terms. If i want to come down to Estonia before admission process, how can i do it and what documents do i need Pls help me out

I'd advice you to check on the preferred school of your choice website to check their requirements for admission. But start that now!
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 1:10am On Sep 08, 2015
slimz10:

finance stuff. Wanted to take it gradually.

Okay that's important too.. God will make a way sir. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by uzhi(m): 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
While processing Estonia visa, I called Georgia embassy in south Africa and I was told to send my application documents to them via DHL. I didn't do it because I needed a sure link. On the other hand, the embassy made it clear that Nigerai as been exempted from the list of those who could use e-visa. Get me clear, this was March- Aril this year. If they have changed their law, it might be OK.
But no means if getting Eesti visa that doesn't require money.
The rule is, start early, get good info and act fast.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.