Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

What Do Men Really Want? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do Men Really Want? (6270 Views)

What Women Really Want / What Men Really Want In Modern Relationships / Guys Only: What Do Men Really Want In Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Men Really Want? by Sauron1: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2008
chika98:

I beg to differ.

I am not surprised one jot.

sistawoman:

I would have to say good men are selfless, I married one.

And yes 2 of my 3 best friends are males.  I think it is because they are dependable and far less emotional, they help keep me grounded.

Chika98, are u reading this??
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by KarmaMod(f): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2008
tope2000:

I'm sure he would
but i don't think its wise for a woman to divorce because of that
Do u know maybe the next Manchester United'd marry will even be a bigger modafcuker undecided
unless ofcos u don't plan on marryin or dating anymore then u can divorce undecided

Ok for a man to divorce for such but not for a woman?

I fail to get the logic behind that  undecided

as for what if the other dude ends up being horrible, why are people so pessimistic?

what if the next person ends up being who you should have been with in the first place?

How about that?
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by sistawoman: 9:15pm On Nov 18, 2008
tope2000:

I'm sure he would
but i don't think its wise for a woman to divorce because of that
Do u know maybe the next Man you'd marry would even be a bigger modafcuker undecided
unless ofcos u don't plan on marryin or dating anymore then u can divorce undecided

Why would you stay with a man who thought so little of you to cheat on you in the first place then spit in your face by not wrapping it up?
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by Sauron1: 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2008
sistawoman:

Why would you stay with a man who thought so little of you to cheat on you in the first place then spit in your face by not wrapping it up?

Because the devil u know is better than the arch angel u don't know.
Moving from place to place is the gravest mistake women make. . . . . There's no perfect man.
The earlier u women realise that, the better.
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by tope2000(f): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

Ok for a man to divorce for such but not for a woman?

I fail to get the logic behind that  undecided

as for what if the other dude ends up being horrible, why are people so pessimistic?

what if the next person ends up being who you should have been with in the first place?

How about that?

Well i guess thats why life is about taking risks and chances
The other dude may the man of ur dreams or another asshole
but i guess we would never know until u take risks undecided
Now that risk is what alot people is scared of doing inc myself sad

sistawoman:

What are going to do, move on husband number 3, if three aint cutting it move to four
if its a bf n gf thing, then thats different
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2008
@ Tope,

There are some things you just can't prepare for enough,. . . . . . . . . . . sad
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by DarkRxn(f): 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2008
KarmaMod, who shaves 365days/yr? tongue make it 360 days/yr wink
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by tope2000(f): 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2008
TOYOSI20:

@ Tope,

There are some things you just can't prepare for enough,. . . . . . . . . . . sad

LOL  . . . . . Dearie i know but what u gonna do
I pray it never happens to either of us o in jesus name wink
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2008
Amin, cool
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by chika98: 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2008
~Sauron~:

I am not surprised one jot.

Chika98, are u reading this??

She doesn't know what she's on about. Far less emotional ke?? That is a myth.
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by sillyboy(m): 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2008
Reading all these, I feel compelled to make this contribution: No matter how bad or good a relationship is, it's always the woman's responsibility. I believe strongly that a relationship is just like a motor vehicle and , the woman is always at the driver's seat. It's just unfortunate that most of them are bad drivers when it comes to relationship vehicles. . . .they always end up blaming the "passenger" (man) that they are suppose to drive home.

Sé que todos ustedes vas a morder mi cabeza ahora para decir que la verdad , sólo toma las cosas con calma y considera mi mamá
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by KarmaMod(f): 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2008
sistawoman:

I wonder.

Take that dude who gave his wife syphillis. I wonder if it'd be "wrong of a woman" to leave a murderer like that. what's the difference? one is STd, the other is pregnancy. Point remains, protection wasnt used

Life was purt at risk
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by KarmaMod(f): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2008
Now that risk is what alot people is scared of doing inc myself

understandable but I'd rather take that risk than be with one that has no regards for my life

all that "it can only get worse" scare tactic doesnt faze me
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2008
sillyboy:

Reading all these, I feel compelled to make this contribution: No matter how bad or good a relationship is, it's always the woman's responsibility. I believe strongly that a relationship is just like a motor vehicle and , the woman is always at the driver's seat. It's just unfortunate that most of them are bad drivers when it comes to relationship vehicles. . . .they always end up blaming the "passenger" (man) that they are suppose to drive home.

Sé que todos ustedes vas a morder mi cabeza ahora para decir que la verdad , sólo toma las cosas con calma y considera mi mamá

LOl, so when exactly is a man the head of the family, if u say the woman, "drives the home" undecided
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by tope2000(f): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

I wonder.

Take that dude who gave his wife syphillis. I wonder if it'd be "wrong of a woman" to leave a murderer like that. what's the difference? one is STd, the other is pregnancy. Point remains, protection wasnt used

Life was purt at risk

What u guys are dont realise is that how many married women that are divorced marries a guy who is single with no kids?
Most divorcee get married to men with kids, so what the difference in staying with ur husband, to me its the same thing ur kids are still going to have half brothers n sisters either way undecided
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by KarmaMod(f): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2008
sillyboy, be quiet

Oro oshi lon ma jade lenu e 24/7

Alafishe
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by Sauron1: 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2008
chika98:

She doesn't know what she's on about. Far less emotional ke?? That is a myth.

Women are the emotional bags. . . . . They cry over anything: a sad movie (or even a happy one), a broken nail, or a haircut gone awry. What's worse, they expect us to clean up the emotional mess. And if there's one thing we suck at, it's dealing with a crying woman on our shoulders.

It's not that we're insensitive, but aside from saying, "There there, sweetie," we don't know the first thing about comforting a woman. The fact that women are usually more delicate and vulnerable is great; we just don't want the steady stream of tears for every minor setback.
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by DarkRxn(f): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2008
sillyboy:

R/ship is not a one way traffic. What if she gets tired of being the "man" in the r/ship, what will you do? Won't you pick up and try to make it better?
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by KarmaMod(f): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2008
tope2000:

What u guys are don't realise is that how many married women that are divorced marries a guy who is single with no kids?
Most divorcee get married to men with kids, so what the difference in staying with ur husband, to me its the same thing ur kids are still going to have half brothers n sisters either way undecided

would she be better off dead all in the name of someone that is callous enough to spread dieases with no regard?

Im sure the kids would perfer a divorcee as a mom than no mother at all
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by sistawoman: 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

I wonder.

Life was purt at risk

KarmaMod:

understandable but I'd rather take that risk than be with one that has no regards for my life

all that "it can only get worse" scare tactic doesnt faze me

You took the words right out my mouth.  AIDS is real people.  How dare my husband disrespect me so horribly that he not only cheats on me but puts my life at risk so he can get his manliness wet.

Do I love my husband more than my children?

Do I allow him to continue to stick that thing in me not knowing where it has been or what bleeping diseases he has on it?

Not I call me a 5x divorcee but call me alive.
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by chika98: 9:40pm On Nov 18, 2008
sillyboy:

Sé que todos ustedes vas a morder mi cabeza ahora para decir que la verdad ,  sólo toma las cosas con calma y considera mi mamá

The man is the head and the woman is the neck. So guess who controls the head??

~Sauron~:

Women are the emotional bags. . . . . They cry over anything: a sad movie (or even a happy one), a broken nail, or a haircut gone awry. What's worse, they expect us to clean up the emotional mess. And if there's one thing we suck at, it's dealing with a crying woman on our shoulders.

It's not that we're insensitive, but aside from saying, "There there, sweetie," we don't know the first thing about comforting a woman. The fact that women are usually more delicate and vulnerable is great; we just don't want the steady stream of tears for every minor setback.

You are talking about crying and all that. I'm talking about REAL issues that married couples deal with in life. Trust me if all the problems in life revolves around crying and whatnot. . then we'd all be having that happily ever after.
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by jgirl3: 9:41pm On Nov 18, 2008
Dark_Rxn:

R/ship is not a one way traffic. What if she gets tired of being the "man" in the r/ship, what will you do? Won't you pick up and try to make it better?
Thank you o! My friend has tried everything in her power to make her relationship work. Things she wouldn't even do conventionally. Only for her so-called boy to keep taking her for granted. She woke up yesterday and said enough is enough. She has done everything humanly possible including providing monetary assistance.
It takes two to make a relationship work. If it's only the girl trying, it will definitely end because she will pack up and leave when she's tired of putting a 200% and the guy is contributing 10%
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by sillyboy(m): 9:41pm On Nov 18, 2008
Cuturally, we know the man is the head of the family. But sincerely, and am talking from a man's point of view now. . . women are the most important personality in making a man-woman relationship work. Men just wanna be the man and to be seen as a man, it is left for the women to make it work. Women are gifted when it comes to bringing the best out of something esspecially a man.

Why do y'all think that men listen to their mum intently?
Why do we always see a successfull man quite loyal and respectful of his wife?

I might not be explaining this the best I should. . . . .but a woman's attitude, to a large extent is responsible for how far her relationship will go. Most especially during courtship. undecided
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by sistawoman: 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2008
sillyboy:

Cuturally, we know the man is the head of the family. But sincerely, and am talking from a man's point of view now. . . women are the most important personality in making a man-woman relationship work. Men just want to be the man and to be seen as a man, it is left for the women to make it work. Women are gifted when it comes to bringing the best out of something esspecially a man.

I might not be explaining this the best I should. . . . .but a woman's attitude, to a large extent is responsible for how far her relationship will go. Most especially during courtship. undecided

This is why I say women should lead from behind.
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by Sauron1: 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2008
chika98:

The man is the head and the woman is the neck. So guess who controls the head??

Actually the brain controls every action and the brain is in the HEAD.
The neck is useless without the brain.

You are talking about crying and all that. I'm talking about REAL issues that married couples deal with in life. Trust me if all the problems in life revolves around crying and whatnot. . then we'd all be having that happily ever after.

Crying is just one of the 10 annoying habits i have to cope with when dealing with women.
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by KarmaMod(f): 9:48pm On Nov 18, 2008
sillyboy:

Cuturally, we know the man is the head of the family. But sincerely, and am talking from a man's point of view now. . . women are the most important personality in making a man-woman relationship work. Men just want to be the man and to be seen as a man, it is left for the women to make it work. Women are gifted when it comes to bringing the best out of something esspecially a man.

and when it's the chick that dumps the dude./leaves the relationships. who's at fault then?

Seriously just be quiet
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by tope2000(f): 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2008
@sistawoman
NO-ONE SAID U SHUD LOVE UR HUSBAND MORE THAN UR CHILDREN
whatever goes on btn u n ur husband has nothing to do with ur children undecided
Wateva happens their father is still their father not the new man u going to marry
and im very sure every child want their parents to stay together
i guess people have different views on relationship undecided
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by sillyboy(m): 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2008
God bless you Sista. . . .

Another important thing I have found out is that some women can't learn to take control subtly, it is important they learn how to control, but not rigidly that will make the man feel oppressed or being monitored.

Please don't get me wrong, a man should do what h has to do as a man, but a woman should learn how to control her man subtly.
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by chika98: 9:50pm On Nov 18, 2008
~Sauron~:

Actually the brain controls every action and the brain is in the HEAD.
The neck is useless without the brain.
Crying is just one of the 10 annoying habits i have to cope with when dealing with women.

You have a long way to go.

sillyboy:

God bless you Sista. . . .

Another important thing I have found out is that some women can't learn to take control subtly, it is important they learn how to control, but not rigidly that will make the man feel oppressed or being monitored.

Please don't get me wrong, a man should do what h has to do as a man, but a woman should learn how to control her man subtly.

I agree with you on this. Women who know what they are doing actually RUN everything without making is obvious.
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by DarkRxn(f): 9:50pm On Nov 18, 2008
sillyboy:

Culturally is what is killing you naija men this days. Because my papa did this, I'll do it too BS. Look here, not every fashion is designed for everyone.
If your papa's agbada does not size you, make your own.

If you want your r/ship to work, to last long, then you better throw that mentality out the window and support your woman.

j-girl:

Thank you o! My friend has tried everything in her power to make her relationship work. Things she wouldn't even do conventionally. Only for her so-called boy to keep taking her for granted. She woke up yesterday and said enough is enough. She has done everything humanly possible including providing monetary assistance.
It takes two to make a relationship work. If it's only the girl trying, it will definitely end because she will pack up and leave when she's tired of putting a 200% and the guy is contributing 10%
eya, sorry eh.
It's just hard to find reliable men this days. With the same type of mentality silly boy has, how could it work?
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by Sauron1: 9:54pm On Nov 18, 2008
chika98:

You have a long way to go.

We all have a long way to go. grin
Re: What Do Men Really Want? by sistawoman: 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2008
tope2000:

@sistawoman
NO-ONE SAID U should LOVE UR HUSBAND MORE THAN UR CHILDREN
whatever goes on btn u n ur husband has nothing to do with ur children :-\
whatever happens their father is still their father not the new Manchester United going to marry
and I'm very sure every child want their parents to stay together
i guess people have different views on relationship undecided

I have to disagree. If i get AIDS, from his nasty ass bleeping outside our marriage, it has everything to do with my children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Choose One Of These Two!!! / I Think Igbo Girls Are The Nicest Girls In Nigeria / Guys, Innocent Face Turn Off Or On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.