Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Is A Successful Woman A Married Woman In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is A Successful Woman A Married Woman In Nigeria? (556 Views)

Married Woman Stuck With Her Lover In Enugu Hours After Sex / How I Almost Slept With A Married Woman / A Lot Of Men Act Like They Are Doing A Woman A Favor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Successful Woman A Married Woman In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
Some crazy reasoning in this video - but people definitely need to argue this one out:

"No matter the level you reach in this life – as a woman, if you don’t get married – you are a failure!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOkuKHkKVtg
Re: Is A Successful Woman A Married Woman In Nigeria? by Beesluv: 8:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
What of those that rush into marriage and rush out
Re: Is A Successful Woman A Married Woman In Nigeria? by IfyAwazie(f): 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
That's African Mentality.
Re: Is A Successful Woman A Married Woman In Nigeria? by AfricanApple(f): 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
shocked says who? some people are better off without marriage
Re: Is A Successful Woman A Married Woman In Nigeria? by Cholls(m): 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
My brother no b very one go marry for this life.
Re: Is A Successful Woman A Married Woman In Nigeria? by dapsy4u2(m): 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
Success doesn't depend on you being married or not...... It's something you work hard to achieve/acquire.
Re: Is A Successful Woman A Married Woman In Nigeria? by plaetton: 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
I like to think of myself as a modern liberal minded person.
However, there are some issues for which I find hard to drop my African thinking cap.

I would not go as far as calling an unmarried woman a failure.

But I do feel , and many times see that feeling of unfulfillment that hovers like a cloud over many a woman who are unmarried.
Is it the society that imposes this cloud over the head of the unmarried woman, or are these innately biological or sociological fallouts from an innately unfulfilled need?

There is a saying that the beauty of a woman is in her husband or household.
Again, is this just the society imposing itself upon a woman, or can we say that married women seem to radiate a more vibrant glow than their unmarried sisters,?

I am inclined to say that marriage and family trumps all other senses of fulfillment for lady.

That is my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Is A Successful Woman A Married Woman In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 29, 2014
Dear Op, a successful woman must not be a married woman. Like a poster above said, being successful is all about hard work. There are lots of celebrated women who are successful and not married. We have our Own Onyeka Owenu and the western world's Oprah Winfrey, they are succesful women. But they are not married.
Re: Is A Successful Woman A Married Woman In Nigeria? by kolex83: 2:05am On Oct 30, 2014
The matured,humble and responsible girls that is looking for a solid relationship should add this pin 2965A20B and this number 07065356066 for whatsapp
Re: Is A Successful Woman A Married Woman In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:39am On Oct 30, 2014
why?!

(1) (Reply)

A Young Guy Who Is 21yrs Old Is In Search Of A Decent GF / What Do I Do Please / The Fact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.