Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria (92331 Views)

Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Courses To Get In Nigerian Universities...Warn Your Younger Ones Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by franksunny(m): 11:33am On Oct 31, 2014
You have no knowledge of what you are talking about and did this poo make fp
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Gordieshegz(m): 11:34am On Oct 31, 2014
bigwind:
enzymology is d simpliest bch course,i cn agree wit u if u say u av 'A' in it. There's no pathway in it jus graph n calculatn...CHO n lipid metabolism is a single course here, i'll doubt it if u say u av 'A there..unlez d exclude d pathways 4 medicine stnds like they do in my sch. Clinical biochem is elective here, i didnt do it.

Sir,bch is hard they say...but ask those who studied these course and had problem in it,they will tell u chemistry and other physical aspect of it made it hard...I seem not take side wit u on ur assumption that enzymology is d simplest bch course broda..check any aspect of bch and u find out dat this presumed simplest topic of urs makes the bulk of hard pathways u claimed lipid nd other molecules metabolism hav ..even in most exams,d knowledge of stepwise end products are not much tested like they do to the enzymes catalysing those steps...my opinion is biochemistry won't hav its tough characteristics without enzymology...
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2014
Languages/Linguistics and Religious studies are very tasking courses too.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 11:41am On Oct 31, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
What's hard in medicine and surgery? How many ladies can you find in Engineering faculties unlike Medicine that is populated with ladies? Medicine is just La cram La pour.
so u think ladies are dull?
Or is ur definition of hardness Muscular?
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 11:43am On Oct 31, 2014
lanxebony:
The list of the courses are real bt an adjustment is gud
1.nursing(ask any nursing student u will rep dem pass medcine both in sch of nursing and uni)
2. Medcine
3. Law
4. Engine guys
5. Computer gurus(studying d computer language dats diff 4rm eng)
6. Accounting(m.m.b.m)
Pharmacist tried bt nursing and medicine student 4 them dey must pass there pharmacology . Am a living witnex. I rep d medical world
I dont get u o.
U mean say Pharmacology is Pharmacy?
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Sepp360(m): 11:45am On Oct 31, 2014
olaric:

All science students are the same wherever u go. They always feel that students of other courses are doing 'lazy' courses, and its a shame because 99% can't even do courses like Literature and History without struggling.
All you need to succeed in such art causes is cramming. And i bet you, 90% of those sciences students that u undermine their academic abilities will do much better than most art students that offer such courses, but 99% of those art students can't even solve simple arithmetics, not to talk of knowing thousands of equations and knowing how to draw big gigantic organic structures. It myt take them their life time to master that.

And don't tell me you chose that art course of yours cause of passion, you were simply afraid and incompetent in maths, chem, phy and bio, and maybe, u're the "la cram la pour" type.
Science is just more difficult than art. It's as simple as that. tonguetongue

2 Likes

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Sepp360(m): 11:47am On Oct 31, 2014
01mcfadden:

AcetylCoA
Let me be the Oxaloacetate. smileysmileysmiley. I love biochemistry.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 11:47am On Oct 31, 2014
Gordieshegz:

Sir,bch is hard they say...but ask those who studied these course and had problem in it,they will tell u chemistry and other physical aspect of it made it hard...I seem not take side wit u on ur assumption that enzymology is d simplest bch course broda..check any aspect of bch and u find out dat this presumed simplest topic of urs makes the bulk of hard pathways u claimed lipid nd other molecules metabolism hav ..even in most exams,d knowledge of stepwise end products are not much tested like they do to the enzymes catalysing those steps...my opinion is biochemistry won't hav its tough characteristics without enzymology...
you are ryt.
Of the 5 to 6 depts in Pharmacy, pharm students do complain of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and not Pharmacology as med student do.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2014
oluamid:

I don't know about English Language but try picking up a jamb form and study Mass Communication first before you come here to talk rubbish. Because you studied a science course doesn't mean you should look down on social science/humanities courses. If it were that easy, everyone who ever studied Mass Communication would come out with a First Class.

@Op, Unless there is someone who has studied all the courses available in Nigerian tertiary institutions, you can't possibly know the hardest course to study. Even basic Maths or parts of speech might be very easy to understand for some and harder for others. As for me, the hardest course to study is Mass Communication. All those theories and branches... Like one of my lecturers used to say back then in school, "Mass communication is knowing everything about little and little about everything". In Mass Communication you study the arts/humanities, the social sciences, the sciences and even law. I can't remember the number of times I had to go to departments in other faculties to take courses which were part of the curriculum.
Mass comm is hard for you,but not for others,money no dey country,money no dey country doesn't mean some people are not making money
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Sepp360(m): 11:51am On Oct 31, 2014
Gordieshegz:

lolz!... Enzymology. Hmmm!... Anyway, i didnt find it that difficult shaa, but most students in my set really messed up in that course. They took it for granted. cheesy
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2014
Hahahahhahhahha.......engine. Maths and emgine drawing re just advance secondary school courses bro...sorry 4 underrating ur course of study.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
I think it should be in this order
Pharmacy
Medicini and Surgery
Physics
Biochemistry
Chemistry
Dentistry
Veterinary Medicine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Chrisx1x(m): 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
Numerouuuno:
OP,how did you come about this conclusion? did you study all those courses and found it hard or what?
please explain cos I assume you just wrote them down because they're presumed to be hard.
my list is...,.......
1) Medicine
2) Physics
3) optometry and dentistry
4) civil engineering
5) mathematics and statistics (abstract maths ain't easy)
6) chemistry[
PS: maybe geology and it's close family
yea man,this list contain
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
Man,electrical and computer are no mate of mech....tough mechanical courses start from 3rd year.i guess u havnt xperiencd mech anguish and pain b4.if u doubt ask mech student or graduate.elect and compt are not even close to civil or petroleum.
goldfish80:

Sorry to quote you but I think your assertion that other engineering students dread mechanical engineering courses is completely false.
I studied computer engineering and electrical electronics, in 1st and 2nd year we studied a few borrowed courses from mech engr, they were tough no doubt but not as tough as any electrical course I came across in school. Even the Indian professor who taught me circuit theorem get confused as some point, he leaves the lecture hall all sweaty and in total frustration after each lecture.
Advanced calculus was one of the cheapest courses I studied in one of the semesters. Think about this for a second.
I respect the Op for putting engineering first on the list against all temptation to push medicine first before every other course.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Drdonzeez(m): 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
guy..park well..medical students take courses like Anatomy,physiology,and biochemistry in the preclinical....in the three courses mentioned earlier....biochemistry is the easiest..so, stop bragging
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Franky9584(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
The person dat posted dis z sentimental and neva did his/her research wel, mayb he z a science student. What of "LAW" or beta stil u can try AGRIC. . . Lolz
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
neoapocalypse:
I think it should be in this order
Pharmacy
Medicini and Surgery
Physics
Biochemistry
Chemistry
Dentistry
Veterinary Medicine
Vet medicine and Dentistry below biochemistry and Chemistry? I disagree.

The courses I can't say which is more difficult is Pharmacy, medicine, vet. Medicine and Dentistry.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Elegbede205(m): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
Yes OO! Engineering aint Beans.

But LAW is missing on that list.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
D fact dat its difficult getting a first class in maths doesnt make it hard.i remember i used to teach final yr maths student maths in uniben...maths just like elect/elect courses re walk over courses to mech students(sorry for the us of words)
ismokeweed:

I also did elect. engineering at uniben. I know the likes of ariavie, olagbegi, salami made life hard. But you should meet the bastards in mathematics department. Just that there are fewer students there so you hardly hear their cry.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by OmolodMilkman93(m): 12:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
lanxebony:
The list of the courses are real bt an adjustment is gud
1.nursing(ask any nursing student u will rep dem pass medcine both in sch of nursing and uni)
2. Medcine
3. Law
4. Engine guys
5. Computer gurus(studying d computer language dats diff 4rm eng)
6. Accounting(m.m.b.m)
Pharmacist tried bt nursing and medicine student 4 them dey must pass there pharmacology . Am a living witnex. I rep d medical world
Guy, calm down oh. ''Pharmacist tried'' ''pass there pharmacology''. Let me remind you that in all those departments there is the option of carry-over, but in most Pharmacy schools, that option does not exist. So u either pass a course or you repeat the whole year. And by a course, I mean any course at all, even a seemingly small practical course with 1 credit unit can make someone repeat a year.
So don't just sit down and say ''Pharmacist tried''.

And note, I am not saying Pharmacy is the most difficult course, because all have their '''problems'' but don't downgrade one because of another.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Emyben(m): 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
Numerouuuno:
OP,how did you come about this conclusion? did you study all those courses and found it hard or what?
please explain cos I assume you just wrote them down because they're presumed to be hard.
my list is...,.......
1) Medicine
2) Physics
4) civil engineering
6) chemistry[
The fear of Architecture is.... ya list cant be valid without Archi.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Sepp360(m): 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
KingTom:

No sir the students of Biochemistry are there for 4 years yes they read but I took 4 biochemistry courses in Uni and had 3 As and a B it was just a normal read and pass course but law the reading is more voluminous and they spend 5 years. so I think law should be on that list
You are a stupendous liar.
You must not lie to prove a point.

Which university offers 3 Bch courses to law students?
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by oluamid(m): 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
iamrealdeji:

Mass comm is hard for you,but not for others,money no dey country,money no dey country doesn't mean some people are not making money

Read my post well, I didn't actually say Mass Comm is hard for me. My point is, I only studied Mass Comm. so how can I possibly know whether Engineering will be hard or not?

Meaning that those guys saying Mass Comm is easy don't even know the difference between a uni-directional and omni-directional mic or something as basic as camera movements (not to mention the theoretical aspects or the other branches) but they come here with the chip on their shoulders saying "Mass Comm is easy" because they studied a high sounding science course. Before you can know if a course is easy or not you must have studied it.

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by dammie4j(m): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
kokson:

Any Engineering students dat knws wat he is doing will blast any Accounting courses
Ogaaaaaa, nah mouth u get....
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by philantoxx(m): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
alentyno:
I saw this and a kinda agree with it.

No course studied in the higher institution seems
easy, but some are brutal and can snuff life outta
you.
However, don't get afraid of them. They're
actually interesting. So grab a packet of popcorn as I take you through them.

1. Engineering: the name of this course speaks for itself already. The dudes that study this course eh.....*winks*. It undeniably houses all heavy weight courses in engine faculty like chemical engineering, mechanical, production, petroleum...etc..any guy you see rushing to lecture hall with a punching calculator, they're engine boys o.

2.Medicine: What makes this course challenging, is because you'll be forced to read(jack) like your life depends on the degree of knowledge you obtain from their heavy an bulky textbooks. Some of them actually do go for thanksgiving, when they pass their MBBS exam, that contains Anatomy,physiology and biochem.

3.Biochemistry: people usually think that it's a combination of biology and chemistry. If you're one of such, abeg, it's a wrong impression. You will actually get familiar with Bio molecules and giant Organic structures, that will choke you up. This course requires much logic.
What makes it challenging,is that you'll have to
learn a lot within a short duration. Metabolic
pathways might seem frustrating atimes...*winks*. Another thing about this course is that their lecturers are always sadists, due to long years of studying brutal carbohydrate and enzyme structures.

4.Chemistry: I call this course the power,because these dudes can mix chemical concoctions of Ammonia and HCL and blow everywhere...chem guys, I dey joke o....Its actually one of the most difficult in physical science, because you'll make friends with differential equation in physical chemistry,which will leave you wondering if you're studying maths or chemical reactions.

5.Pharmacy: Its already obvious.don't know where to begin with this course.It overlaps critical aspect of chemistry. You hear stuffs like pharmacokinetics, drug metabolisms etc.

6.Architecture: the funny thing about this course is that it sounds cool and friendly,but when you get in,you know that not all that glitters are gold. You'll get familiar with geometric drawings,optics and so on, which atimes is usually a pain to the ass.

[url=myschool.com.ng/school/news/32337/most-challenging-courses-to-study-in-nigeria.html]Source[/url]
without law,your list is simply poo
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Emyben(m): 12:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
alentyno:

Haba how did I decide a course's difficulty by its name here

All I am telling you is that there is a reason why medical students spend more than 6 yrs in school while someone studying anthropology spends only 4yrs amid partying and the likes!

The pharmacy students in my school usually spend almost 12hrs in school everyday!

There is a reason why medical students have their own hostels

Have you opened ever engineering math text for once?
And Architecture students spend 22 hrs in the studio at school. They sleep there ,eat there and only visit the hostels to take their bath.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
martineverest:
D fact dat its difficult getting a first class in maths doesnt make it hard.i remember i used to teach final yr maths student maths in uniben...maths just like elect/elect courses re walk over courses to mech students(sorry for the us of words)
I seriously doubt if those ones knew what they were doing as maths final year syllabus does not cross with engineering. The likes of laplace, fourier series, and other stuff you did in EMA are before maths final. Final is mainly analysis (real, functional), DEs, abstract algebra. We didn't do such in engineering. EMA was straight forward and was walk over for most engine students so don't bother judging with that. If it isn't hard, why do you agree it's rare to see 1st class? If you say the lecturers are wicked, then you are buttressing my point that the ones in Uniben are demons, Anyway, everybody go say na e father farm big pass. So I see no point of this argument when you did only engineering. I did mathematics. Then elect engineering. So guess I'm judging from my experiences and class mate reviews.

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
oluamid:

Read my post well, I didn't actually say Mass Comm is hard for me. My point is, I only studied Mass Comm. so how can I possibly know whether Engineering will be hard or not?

Meaning that those guys saying Mass Comm is easy don't even know the difference between a uni-directional and omni-directional mic or something as basic as camera movements but they come here with the chip on their shoulders saying "Mass Comm is easy" because they studied a high sounding science course. Before you can know if a course is easy or not you must have studied it.
Bro,everything you said about mass comm is just like ball game to me,i wish engineering was like that,i studied civil engineering at Unilorin and all my friends were sent back home in 100L(some from 1st semester) when they couldn't meet up with the criteria or 2.5 GP,I had a friend who had 3.5 GP,and he was sent home because he failed Physics,thats part one,civil engineering in 100L is still the easiest upon the fact that more than 2/3 of the class was sent home or to other courses in 100L,2,3,4,500 have their own stories too,i can't start mentioning different courses or topics we did because they were too much,5 years of fear ain't no joke bro,we weren't just laid back and do what we liked like other folks
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Sepp360(m): 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
Mekanus:
Try biochemistry in UNN and see what the ministry is like. Imagine when you have to know about 5 metabolic pathways with their structures before exams. Men if u no get enuf ATP and NADH ur name na OYO
Of the greatest eminent!... smileysmileysmiley
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by mcpat(m): 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
Numerouuuno:
my list is...,.......
1) Medicine
2) Physics
4) civil engineering
6) chemistry[
so other branches of Engineering are presumed to be hard?
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Desxter: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
wat is hard bou courses studied in nigeria!
courses dat u just jack...pratice pastqustns ...nd solve in exam hall
courses dat schools barely du praticals ....
nigerian skuls just try tu make it feel like we are skulin .....
its all wash abeg _ du if u work hard u wud bkum smarter but i dnt tink our education makes an engineer an engineer

i watch TEDX nd i find small kids in remote nd lost villages kumin up wit ideas dat d world appreciate ..dats wat our skuls sud make us b capable of doing ...but Nah ,....all dei care bou is dprtmntal fee...d no of F dei wud gv u ....nd shit

i kip prayin God helps us.... our education is dead!
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by OmolodMilkman93(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
Sepp360:
You are a stupendous liar.
You must not lie to prove a point.

Which university offers 3 Bch courses to law students?
Guy, calm down, read that post you quoted again, and follow your signature.

*No harm intended*

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Female Secondary Students Drink Beer, Celebrate WAEC Final Paper In Cross River / 17 UNILAG Girls Missing After Heading For Party At Lekki - Says Twitter User / Wale Ojoniyi And Mercy Ikwue Sex Scandal Video In Osun State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.