Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,959 members, 7,810,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria (92341 Views)

Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Courses To Get In Nigerian Universities...Warn Your Younger Ones Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by link2ok(m): 10:53am On Oct 31, 2014
moststylish:
how can u rate physic above dentistry,u think its just a name,u dont know wat dentistry is

Yu jst dey mak noise abt dentistry. Abeg wat is dentistry tongue cheesy grin grin
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by laykhorn(m): 10:54am On Oct 31, 2014
alentyno:

Guys read like mad, and so what? Are they the only ones that do read? Infact to me PHARMACY is harder than MEDICINE.

In medicine you read and understand

In engineering you read, you think, you analyse you re-read, you re-think, you think and think and think before you understand!

you just hit the nail on the head. Medicine students brag about widely reading while they fail to see that Engineering Student have more to do than reading. you forgot to add the bold words too

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 31, 2014
KingTom:

I studied medicine and those courses were enzymology, carbohydrate metabolism, lipid metabolism and a second year couse called general medical and clinical biochemistry
enzymology is d simpliest bch course,i cn agree wit u if u say u av 'A' in it. There's no pathway in it jus graph n calculatn...CHO n lipid metabolism is a single course here, i'll doubt it if u say u av 'A there..unlez d exclude d pathways 4 medicine stnds like they do in my sch. Clinical biochem is elective here, i didnt do it.

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by sirxbit(m): 10:57am On Oct 31, 2014
pure and applied mathematics.mehn that course is a curse
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Gordieshegz(m): 10:58am On Oct 31, 2014
Samgreguc:

yes there is a reason for everything and of all things u jst said, only few are because it is hard.

Broda,some guys are actually crying right now that u r commenting..they know wat they hv lost consequent of studying medicine!! Many chicks on campus hav left their boyfriends who r in college of health sciences claiming they don't hav other lives except reading,being busy almost all the time, for law guys that always pose in nicely ironed black and white outfits ready to saunter attention on them...u seriously wouldn't blame these guys cos they hav to cover voluminous and hard techniques that r contained in books,otherwise they will end up becoming killers... had u seen any medical textbook before u wouldn't hav had this position of urs for real...B.O.B
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by alentyno: 10:58am On Oct 31, 2014
laykhorn:

you just hit the nail on the head. Medicine students brag about widely reading while they fail to see that Engineering Student have more to do than reading. you forgot to add the bold words too
Thanks jor
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Electronzeez(m): 11:03am On Oct 31, 2014
Gentlepapi:
How come I did not see computer science there or do we think computer science is all about MSWORD. In my school dey focus on programing about 10 courses per semester 4 or 5 programing courses. And all dis programing is anoda language of their own differ from English language How come I did not see computer science there or do we think computer science is all about MSWORD. In my school dey focus on programing about 10 courses per semester 4 or 5 programing courses. And all dis programing is anoda language of their own differ from English language How come I did not see computer science there or do we think computer science is all about MSWORD. In my school dey focus on programing about 10 courses per semester 4 or 5 programing courses. And all dis programing is anoda language of their own differ from English language

i would believe you when you write psuedo code for your signature using c++ or Q basic.

And if you can't, that means you have wasted your time studying Ms word calling it computer science,

thank u.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by tmanis(m): 11:04am On Oct 31, 2014

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by KingTom(m): 11:05am On Oct 31, 2014
bigwind:
enzymology is d simpliest bch course,i cn agree wit u if u say u av 'A' in it. There's no pathway in it jus graph n calculatn...CHO n lipid metabolism is a single course here, i'll doubt it if u say u av 'A there..unlez d exclude d pathways 4 medicine stnds like they do in my sch. Clinical biochem is elective here, i didnt do it.
Hmmmmm things certainly have changed and as for the pathways there was no skipping we did all of it and I must admit it was easier to write and exam and sketch pathways in Biochemistry and physiology than to disect dead bodies and sew them back together in anatomy
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 31, 2014
Hardest course is relative and subjective.

Knew a guy who find Agronomy hard but find medicine a piece of 'cake'.

Why wouldn't a course be hard when your parents force it on you? Everybody wants to be the parent of Engrs, Docs whilst neglecting where the child passion lies.

Makes your passion/hobby and you will be right.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Drdonzeez(m): 11:07am On Oct 31, 2014
Go and ask any medical student you know...they will tell you what Dentistry is all about
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Gordieshegz(m): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2014
laykhorn:

That is not true brother...if u see wea a medic clerks a patient and analyses the signs he sees and symptoms the patient presents, u will understand no one does analysis better than they do...for example,
imagine a doctor going ahead to work on a patient's heart that complains on havin pain on his shoulder or swollen foot,,,wat would u say abt dis?

2 Likes

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by oluamid(m): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2014
iamrealdeji:

Mtcheeew,they dey talk about animals wey get horn,snail dey comot

Dreyl:
guy you too dull o,so you mean say english language and mass com hard?

I don't know about English Language but try picking up a jamb form and study Mass Communication first before you come here to talk rubbish. Because you studied a science course doesn't mean you should look down on social science/humanities courses. If it were that easy, everyone who ever studied Mass Communication would come out with a First Class.

@Op, Unless there is someone who has studied all the courses available in Nigerian tertiary institutions, you can't possibly know the hardest course to study. Even basic Maths or parts of speech might be very easy to understand for some and harder for others. As for me, the hardest course to study is Mass Communication. All those theories and branches... Like one of my lecturers used to say back then in school, "Mass communication is knowing everything about little and little about everything". In Mass Communication you study the arts/humanities, the social sciences, the sciences and even law. I can't remember the number of times I had to go to departments in other faculties to take courses which were part of the curriculum.

2 Likes

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by brilliant5(m): 11:12am On Oct 31, 2014
all courses hv dia own uniquenes nd challanges... Bt sm hard pas sm..
4 me na med hard pass o... D volume of lectures we gulp in a day dats aside d clinical aspect...
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Electronzeez(m): 11:12am On Oct 31, 2014
Gordieshegz:

Broda,some guys are actually crying right now that u r commenting..they know wat they hv lost consequent of studying medicine!! Many chicks on campus hav left their boyfriends who r in college of health sciences claiming they don't hav other lives except reading,being busy almost all the time, for law guys that always pose in nicely ironed black and white outfits ready to saunter attention on them...u seriously wouldn't blame these guys cos they hav to cover voluminous and hard techniques that r contained in books,otherwise they will end up becoming killers... had u seen any medical textbook before u wouldn't hav had this position of urs for real...B.O.B

Mr, don't just make the word voluminous a yardstick for medcine to be on the number 1 spot.
If you ever spent 5 minute to read a page on a medical text book i can assure you of speding twenty to twenty five minute to comprehend what's in a page of an engineering text book.

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 11:12am On Oct 31, 2014
Gordieshegz:

bros trully speaken, I no lie.
Abi, oya bring all those things one by one make we analyse their reasons.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by boldan: 11:13am On Oct 31, 2014
I may not know of other courses, but I know that mechanical engineering is probably the hardest.A course that has options like automobile,industrial eng,production and design,machine building,power plant engineering, thermofluids,aeronatics,material and metallurgy, industrial maintenance,apllied and solid mechanics.
These are options that you do for a semester/session in school but in reality,each of them are actual courses that normally should take five years of learning at least,and they try as much as possible to get info that you are supposed to learn in five years into one semester/session.
That is the reason why it's easy for engineers to diversify into some other fields like accounting, and still do very well.Enginnering makes you stand out because of al the stuffs you need to learn in a short time, and that is what makes it probably the toughest.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by sangresan(m): 11:13am On Oct 31, 2014
Mathematics is number one throughout the world....If you are a Maths scholar,you are in a world of your own....When Medicine students brag,I wonder what they brag about....Medicine isnt abstract...Maths and Physics are.....What makes Medicine hard is the amount of time it takes to master the procedures as it deals with the health of human beings not because of the mental effort it takes.....Mathematics,Physics and Engineering fields are the planks on which rest other fields of human endeavours....

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 31, 2014
Vanderandrew:
Medicine not Engineering is the hardest course to study
What's hard in medicine and surgery? How many ladies can you find in Engineering faculties unlike Medicine that is populated with ladies? Medicine is just La cram La pour.

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 11:16am On Oct 31, 2014
Drdonzeez:
Go and ask any medical student you know...they will tell you what Dentistry is all about
dentist no easy o.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Electronzeez(m): 11:17am On Oct 31, 2014
Drdonzeez:

doctor i will charge you for nick infringement.....Loooool
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by sangresan(m): 11:18am On Oct 31, 2014
For your info,there are billions of Ordinary Differential Equations modelling real life problems and 99.9999% of them havent been solved.....That is just one tiny aspect of Mathematics ooooooo.....
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by dtina(f): 11:19am On Oct 31, 2014
Veterinary medicine is hell...try nd see#more especially in unn#
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 31, 2014
swhiss:
@o.p veterinary medicine should be up there in your list.
true! Na dog bite make my cousin change from Vet Med to Dentistry. My own course didn't make the list! Psychology: we treat the mentally ill and depressed without succumbing to mental malady and depression. Psychiatry should be there too, na dem try pass. Plus Nursing and Midwifery. No course or profession is insignificant.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Chicheey: 11:22am On Oct 31, 2014
@Op u very correct BIOCHEMISTRY hmmm very tedious course
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by sangresan(m): 11:22am On Oct 31, 2014
Infact,all my friends who were even not so good as I was in Biology and Chemistry went ahead to study Medicine and they did very well..
.Many of them chose Medicine,Biochemistry,Microbiology etc just to escape calculations.....
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Maczeelly(m): 11:25am On Oct 31, 2014
#teamindustrialchemistry......
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by inositol88(m): 11:26am On Oct 31, 2014
HMMMM! BIOCHEMISTRY, NO BE SHAWARMA OH!

I REMEMBER WEN I HAD TO EVEN CRAM COMPLEX BIOCHEMICAL PATHWAYS, STRUCTURES AND ENZYMES

EVEN MEDICAL STUDENTS TREMBLE AT DE MENTION OF DE NAME BIOCHEMISTRY

I EVEN GOT MY MONICKER(Inositol) FROM BIOCHEMISTRY

Imagine one biochemical name with 34 letters
CYCLOPENTANOPERHYDROXYPHENANTHRENE

it took me two days to cram dat name.

hmmmm, its well

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 31, 2014
ameer2:
Am a C.S student n m having physics exams self diz Mornin' physiks is nt easy at all.it's d hardest course.
good luck in your exams dear. I hope you studied well?
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Olamyyde(m): 11:27am On Oct 31, 2014
Sheggy13:

U think Computer Science is photoshop and Ms Word. Do u know how many programming languages you are expected to master before u graduate. Do u know what it takes to build an application like nairaland from scratch, with just pure coding not to mention fields like Artificial intelligence, Data structures and algorithm, Automata theory, Computer Architecture and the likes. Don't be so confident in downgrading a course u know little about. Ask guys from maths, physics and Engineering that come to borrow courses in Computer science how their experiences were?
baba....all programming languages are branches of the same tree. It doesn't mean it's hard
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by lanxebony(m): 11:28am On Oct 31, 2014
The list of the courses are real bt an adjustment is gud
1.nursing(ask any nursing student u will rep dem pass medcine both in sch of nursing and uni)
2. Medcine
3. Law
4. Engine guys
5. Computer gurus(studying d computer language dats diff 4rm eng)
6. Accounting(m.m.b.m)
Pharmacist tried bt nursing and medicine student 4 them dey must pass there pharmacology . Am a living witnex. I rep d medical world
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 11:28am On Oct 31, 2014
Babafaros:
check my posts very well,where did i say pharmacy is hard. So u think as i fresher,i don't knw somethings.Apparently i left my former course as a 300lv 4 pharmacy.So don't always assume i don't knw somethings abt dat an undergrad.
am sorry but, u are about to start your pre-pharmacy school where u will be required to pass all your courses to proceed to Pharmacy school and when u get there, u will start offering an average of 11 courses per semester with at least 2 having a pass mark of 60% while others 50%.
And mind you, the books are bulky so, b ready to get a good big school bag.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Female Secondary Students Drink Beer, Celebrate WAEC Final Paper In Cross River / 17 UNILAG Girls Missing After Heading For Party At Lekki - Says Twitter User / Wale Ojoniyi And Mercy Ikwue Sex Scandal Video In Osun State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.