Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria (92337 Views)

Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Courses To Get In Nigerian Universities...Warn Your Younger Ones Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by dotG(m): 10:14am On Oct 31, 2014
armadeo:

As I said before you either make the cut or not.

As to your question depends on who's doing the studying.

E.g Maybe Mech engine is hard for u and u feel education is easy. I put it to you that the same Mech engine is easy to some and that education has frustrated others

. Its all relative.
young man you are a big liar...... there is a very wide unending gap between just reading your book, novel and write-ups compared to studying patterns in numbers,alphabets,equations and even conditions.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 10:15am On Oct 31, 2014
Babafaros:
Newly admitted.#DONE
fresher?
I expect u keep quiet when ever they say Pharmacy is hard.
By dis time nxt yr, I hope u wil stil say dis.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:15am On Oct 31, 2014
Biochemistry na die oooo
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Crispels(m): 10:16am On Oct 31, 2014
Penssuwa:
Consider Law especially at Law School level where students run mad because of academic pressure & mental stress. During exams the authorities usually keep a standby ambulance to pick anybody that faints. Students frm other (common law) countries fail the exam with impunity.

The OP is just ignorant, Among all the courses he listed, I don't see anyone as tough as law there, Let him go to Nigerian Law School and see how people are reading their lives out, Even people from Abroad fail the exam,They just talking ignorantly!!!

3 Likes

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Klinee: 10:18am On Oct 31, 2014
Optometry is hardest course to read

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by olaric(m): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2014
Sepp360:
there you lie again. In as much as it also takes maximum interest and studying to make good grades in "primary education", it doesn't make it look difficult as most science course. If you know how much concentration and careful analysis that are applied to make good grades in those courses u wouldn't dare compare them, nor even use relativity as excuse.

All science students are the same wherever u go. They always feel that students of other courses are doing 'lazy' courses, and its a shame because 99% can't even do courses like Literature and History without struggling.

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Navalsadiq(m): 10:19am On Oct 31, 2014
ProudLy chem engine
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Rexnegro(m): 10:19am On Oct 31, 2014
alentyno:
I saw this and a kinda agree with it.

No course studied in the higher institution seems
easy, but some are brutal and can snuff life outta
you.
However, don't get afraid of them. They're
actually interesting. So grab a packet of popcorn as I take you through them.

1. Engineering: the name of this course speaks for itself already. The dudes that study this course eh.....*winks*. It undeniably houses all heavy weight courses in engine faculty like chemical engineering, mechanical, production, petroleum...etc..any guy you see rushing to lecture hall with a punching calculator, they're engine boys o.

2.Medicine: What makes this course challenging, is because you'll be forced to read(jack) like your life depends on the degree of knowledge you obtain from their heavy an bulky textbooks. Some of them actually do go for thanksgiving, when they pass their MBBS exam, that contains Anatomy,physiology and biochem.

3.Biochemistry: people usually think that it's a combination of biology and chemistry. If you're one of such, abeg, it's a wrong impression. You will actually get familiar with Bio molecules and giant Organic structures, that will choke you up. This course requires much logic.
What makes it challenging,is that you'll have to
learn a lot within a short duration. Metabolic
pathways might seem frustrating atimes...*winks*. Another thing about this course is that their lecturers are always sadists, due to long years of studying brutal carbohydrate and enzyme structures.

4.Chemistry: I call this course the power,because these dudes can mix chemical concoctions of Ammonia and HCL and blow everywhere...chem guys, I dey joke o....Its actually one of the most difficult in physical science, because you'll make friends with differential equation in physical chemistry,which will leave you wondering if you're studying maths or chemical reactions.

5.Pharmacy: Its already obvious.don't know where to begin with this course.It overlaps critical aspect of chemistry. You hear stuffs like pharmacokinetics, drug metabolisms etc.

6.Architecture: the funny thing about this course is that it sounds cool and friendly,but when you get in,you know that not all that glitters are gold. You'll get familiar with geometric drawings,optics and so on, which atimes is usually a pain to the ass.

[url=myschool.com.ng/school/news/32337/most-challenging-courses-to-study-in-nigeria.html]Source[/url]
Mr op I believe u re high on cheap drugs....where u put statistics, yoruba , math n further math, law(irrespective of the law) ,physics , computer science/engineering , aeronautical engineering , all Agric courses , materials science ehn ? Guy lock up o ur list no complete since these ones mentioned by me are not there !
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by abheey11: 10:19am On Oct 31, 2014
Its nw obvious dat u guys r talkn on asumptn and u r all sufrin 4rm cognitive disonance( na psychological word no b insul o) in d university all courses r d same no 1 is harder dan anoda, it all depends on individual. Som pple lik writen die y som pple lik calculatn die. Undastnd ur slf b4 u go enter d couse wey u no go fit cope. Me as a persn name any written course at al, if I study am it I can't graj below 2.1 bt calculatn.... D school go even pursue me cos I no go fit cope. So ma qustn is calculatn and written wich is harder?

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Sheggy13(m): 10:19am On Oct 31, 2014
RENOWNED2:
Qbasic was pretty easy to learn.Though it took me few months to totally learn lol
Trust me when I said QBasic is the easiest of all the courses you will come across in Comp Science, and it took u months to learn. How long will it take u to learn the other languages and courses I listed there in my original post.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Babafaros(m): 10:21am On Oct 31, 2014
Samgreguc:

fresher?
I expect u keep quiet when ever they say Pharmacy is hard.
By dis time nxt yr, I hope u wil stil say dis.
check my posts very well,where did i say pharmacy is hard.So u think as i fresher,i don't knw somethings.Apparently i left my former course as a 300lv 4 pharmacy.So don't always assume i don't knw somethings abt dat an undergrad.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Mekanus(m): 10:22am On Oct 31, 2014
Try biochemistry in UNN and see what the ministry is like. Imagine when you have to know about 5 metabolic pathways with their structures before exams. Men if u no get enuf ATP and NADH ur name na OYO

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 10:22am On Oct 31, 2014
kinkymax:
Am amazed op put engineering ahead of medicine. Nobody does dat. D most respected and d hardest field globally is medicine n surgery. Dere must b a reason admission into med skul is so hard. Dey seive o level students to get d best out of dem. There is a reason med students spend an avrg of 7 yrs in skul, dere must surely b a reason why med skul is not usually located in d same campus wt other faculties n depts,. Op dere mst b a reason y med students hostels re separated from odas.dere mst surely b a reason for d massive withdrawal of students from med skul evn after spending 4 to 5 yrs dere. Op hop u kno d guys don't go n breaks lik ur engine guys. Hop u also kno dat med students do mor exams dan any other studnts.op do u also kno dat dere re more Dan 6 depts in wh dere curriculum re embedded in med skul curriculum.op do u kno dat if u Ve nt graduated from med skul yur heart kps pumping evn at 600lvl. Op do u. Kno dat some states pay deir med students huge amount to serve as incentives for them to Kp dem goin.op don't u tink dere is a reason doctors re paid higher dan odas in civil service. Op tel m Hw mani exams yur engine guys do in skul while deir med counterparts re doin more dan 30 bfr graduatin. Op tel m Hw mani engine guys do repeat or wrt resit exams in a class. Tel m Hw mani engine guys were withdrawn from deir 100 to 500 lvl while more Dan 200medstudents were withdrawn from ma class only in 100 lvl. Op u mst b joking telling m engineering is mor difficult dan medcn. I laughed. Nevertheless respect to ma engine guys e no easy. Notin gud is easy anyway
yes there is a reason for everything and of all things u jst said, only few are because it is hard.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by donkazpa: 10:23am On Oct 31, 2014
LadyCaty:
BCH na die abeg..
. I dey tells u oooo......me dey go final year nw...I know pathways wey I don draw
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 31, 2014
As for me, it depends on the person studing the course in question. I have friends that studied some of these courses mentioned and never the "read till you die" yet made good grades. I studied Politics, Philosophy and Economics. Mind you, its a combine degree, 3 in 1 and I can tell you no be beans at all. You can ask anybody in Political science department, Obafemi Awolowo University to tell about that notorious course called P.P.E.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by goldfish80(m): 10:24am On Oct 31, 2014
martineverest:
Tell him..mechanical engineering,pharmacy and optometry re the hardest courses...other engineering students re scared of mechanical engr.
Sorry to quote you but I think your assertion that other engineering students dread mechanical engineering courses is completely false.
I studied computer engineering and electrical electronics, in 1st and 2nd year we studied a few borrowed courses from mech engr, they were tough no doubt but not as tough as any electrical course I came across in school. Even the Indian professor who taught me circuit theorem get confused as some point, he leaves the lecture hall all sweaty and in total frustration after each lecture.
Advanced calculus was one of the cheapest courses I studied in one of the semesters. Think about this for a second.
I respect the Op for putting engineering first on the list against all temptation to push medicine first before every other course.

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Sheggy13(m): 10:26am On Oct 31, 2014
martineverest:
Am a mechanical engr..am a windows and android developers without former training,i tot myself without guidiance but u cant learn mechanical engr on ur own.i had a computer scientist friend he usedto come for xplanation and assistance in mathematics and programming.
Just the same way as a Computer scientist, I can solve problems in Engineering Mathematics and drawing without attending classes, but that's not to say I'll be able to tackle other aspects of Mech Engineering without formal education. U been an android and windows programmer doesn't mean u can work on other stuffs in some of the fields I listed in my original post. Did lotta math back in my undergrad. Agreed, Engineering in all is a challenging field. My anger was with the Biochem guy saying Computer science is so easy that he can afford to study it alongside BCH.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Emelcee: 10:27am On Oct 31, 2014
And below is the top ten list of the most challenging courses in Nigeria Universities...
1. Civil Engineering: from your day one in the university, the offer the highest number of courses, plus, they are the only
department that borrow courses from all the schools in any university.
2. Pharmacy: Anybody studying Medicine knows what am sayin
3. Mechanical Engineering.
4. Geology.
5. Medicine and Surgery.
6. Physics.
7. Chemical Engineering.
8. Geography.
9. Chemistry.
10. Law.

2 Likes

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by airsaylongcon: 10:28am On Oct 31, 2014
Lordfranklin:

computer science gini
What is physics and what is engineering
How you go say computer science hard,i go even fit study am alongside with biochemistry for school.
Then u want to scatter your head! Computer Science transcends the use of computing devices o! Take a course in Software Engineering and your life will never remain the same. Or try Cryptography and confess that Jesus is Lord!
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 31, 2014
KingTom:

No sir the students of Biochemistry are there for 4 years yes they read but I took 4 biochemistry courses in Uni and had 3 As and a B it was just a normal read and pass course but law the reading is more voluminous and they spend 5 years. so I think law should be on that list
4 BCH courses??bros u cn lie o..what are the title of the biochemistry courses u took nd which course did u study?
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2014
I don't really believe some courses are harder to study compare to others. An engineering student is likely to perform poorly in a medicine related course and vice versa. Likewise students studying FST might struggle if they happen to be in Architecture and vice versa. Course should be chosen based on your interests and strengths.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Gordieshegz(m): 10:36am On Oct 31, 2014
olaric:

All science students are the same wherever u go. They always feel that students of other courses are doing 'lazy' courses, and its a shame because 99% can't even do courses like Literature and History without struggling.

Dude remember chemistry and physics dampened d hope of many students becoming scientists and such headed to arts and others,,forgotten so soon??for a science student to make 280 in jamb or post jamb,he or she must hav scored roughly 70 in english language...l am sure u wouldn't tell me english doesn't matter wen u talk abt being in arts..here in OAU-Ife,it has become a norm for guys that couldn't make it in sciences to transfer to social sciences,name any of their courses expecially economics,psychology,and still make a first class or second class upper cgpa...so wat r u saying?? Though every course is important in building a nation,u mustnt still underestimate the toughness of science related courses..selah!

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by KingTom(m): 10:37am On Oct 31, 2014
bigwind:
4 BCH courses??bros u cn lie o..what are the title of the biochemistry courses u take nd which course did u studied?
I studied medicine and those courses were enzymology, carbohydrate metabolism, lipid metabolism and a second year couse called general medical and clinical biochemistry
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 31, 2014
Ever done a Psychology course?

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by eduxerxes: 10:41am On Oct 31, 2014
Who else here is a graduate of Actuarial Science?
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by secnelly: 10:43am On Oct 31, 2014
U see, I studied biochemistry, combined with microbiology. How about that.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Sheggy13(m): 10:44am On Oct 31, 2014
abheey11:
Its nw obvious dat u guys r talkn on asumptn and u r all sufrin 4rm cognitive disonance( na psychological word no b insul o) in d university all courses r d same no 1 is harder dan anoda, it all depends on individual. Som pple lik writen die y som pple lik calculatn die. Undastnd ur slf b4 u go enter d couse wey u no go fit cope. Me as a persn name any written course at al, if I study am it I can't graj below 2.1 bt calculatn.... D school go even pursue me cos I no go fit cope. So ma qustn is calculatn and written wich is harder?
Stop living in illusion Bro. Are you gonna compare courses like Integrated Science Education or PHE with Medicine, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, Philosophy, Biochem etc. It's not a question of written or calculations. Those so called calculation courses, do u think they don't have a large chunks of courses you'd take that involves a whole lot of writing. Be real man. You'll observe that the Education courses tend to have large numbers of PhD lecturers compared to the others I listed up there, and within 3-4 years they've obtained their PhD. You'll see thesis topics like "Evaluating the effects of Social Networking on Students academic performance". It's all about questionnaire and statistical analysis. On the other hand, you'll see people spending average of 6-7 years or even more to obtain a PhD in these other fields. Do u think they are all dull?
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 31, 2014
Wher is petroleum nd gas engr?....grabs pop corn...
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by IdomaLikita: 10:46am On Oct 31, 2014
Medicine and Surgery!
It is only in Medicine you see people who have spent 15yrs in school for a 1st degree (especially if your school has accreditation issues)
They destroy you psychologically in clinical exams where you can read for 18hours daily for 6months only for your examiner to walk out on you in the middle of a longcase-your crime? You wonder till you die!
In the end, you MAY graduate as a Sadist, a Drunk, a Womanizer, a Smoker, Low self esteem and all that!

This is manifested by Doctors have the Highest suicide rate in the world!
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Anaskie(m): 10:47am On Oct 31, 2014
Anyboday can just come up with crap and it will make frontpage.
Op, so u haven't heard of the course 'Law' in your life abi?
Law is clearly the most difficult course in Nigeria. From your first year in the Uni till you get to the dreaded Nigerian Law School.
If you don't believe me, type 'Nigerian law school results' on Google and u'll be astonished by what u'll find.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by SmellOfSecondMonkey(f): 10:50am On Oct 31, 2014
Do you know you can actually make men cum withing 2 mins no matter how strong they are in bed? wink trust me i just did the research. I figured out a way to fvck men better and sweeter. Pm me for more info wink

Ladies only please cool cool
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 31, 2014
Gordieshegz:

Dude remember chemistry and physics dampened d hope of many students becoming scientists and such headed to arts and others,,forgotten so soon??for a science student to make 280 in jamb or post jamb,he or she must hav scored roughly 70 in english language...l am sure u wouldn't tell me english doesn't matter wen u talk abt being in arts..here in OAU-Ife,it has become a norm for guys that couldn't make it in sciences to transfer to social sciences,name any of their courses expecially economics,psychology,and still make a first class or second class upper cgpa...so wat r u saying?? Though every course is important in building a nation,u mustnt still underestimate the toughness of science related courses..selah!

I finished from same OAU Ife.

Yes, I agree Sciences are generally tougher than Social Sciences, but you exaggerated a little bit.

I know many people that crossed from those departments and still struggled in Economics. Students of Computer Science with Economics ( a course in the faculty of Science) do Economics subjects with us and they hardly find it easy.

Look, many engineering students don't find theory courses easy, so there is no guarantee that they will be do very well in Social Sciences.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Female Secondary Students Drink Beer, Celebrate WAEC Final Paper In Cross River / 17 UNILAG Girls Missing After Heading For Party At Lekki - Says Twitter User / Wale Ojoniyi And Mercy Ikwue Sex Scandal Video In Osun State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.