Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,247 members, 7,957,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:27 PM

Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) (11458 Views)

ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani / Kemi Olunloyo Response To Fani Kayode For Defending Linda Ikeji / Abdullahi Muhammad Who Tore His PDP Card Beaten To Pulp By Hoodlums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
Funny enough most people who shout, "imma burn those gays if I see them" are the people who are secretly gay.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
Caseless:
no option has bn presented here.
[s]
So, @Caseless and Longeria, in a toture scenario where your choice is either you become gay, or you kill a child/man/woman i.e. a person, and remain straight, you would choose to kill someone?[/s]

your option is to choose the lesser "evil" to escape torture/possible death. I thought this was obvious, sorry.
Phrased differently: So, @Caseless and Longeria, in a toture scenario where your only option to escape torture/possible death is to choose between becoming gay, or killing/mutilating a child/man/woman and remaining straight, would you choose to kill/mutilate someone?

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
So because animals have homosexuality behaviour,it is now an excuse for human beings to be homosexuals?

Seriously?

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
berem:
So because animals have homosexuality behaviour,it is now an excuse for human beings to be homosexuals?

Seriously?

No one here has said such. I even stated categorically that it's not an excuse, humans can't go around doing everything animals do. We are simply correcting a wrong statement that a lot of people think is true
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
neenar:

@berem: I believe there is gay p0rn..
eheeeen!! For man to man bah?
Tell me something! shocked shocked
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Gbawe: 10:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
berem:

Seriously?

No Berem. Tatiana and LastOkpaBender are just correcting the ignorant misconception that homosexuality is limited to man alone. other animals engage in it also. I think many are getting carried away here. This is not an issue about whether the act of homosexuality is right or wrong. That is a different argument altogether.

OP stated that a man jumped in to defend a gay couple that were about to be set-upon by a lynch mob. OP simply wanted to know if the good samaritan was right to intervene or not. It is a simple enough question same as asking if white folks who risked their lives, to prevent the savage lynching of black people by racist lynch mobs in slave-trading period and the times shortly after that, should have intervened or simply looked on.

It may not be in the heart of many Nairalanders to intervene as the good samaritan did but is it wrong that this man followed his humanitarian instinct and respect for the sanctity of life to the extent he got involved to prevent the lynching of two men in cold bold by an ALUU mob who arrogate upon themselves the right to murder homosexuals?

7 Likes

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
Billyonaire:

In essence, you are ignorant of the fact that homosexuality is illegal in Nigeria and unnatural to all animals.
Oh so lynching and killing is natural and legal in nigeria. Talking about double standards mtcheeeeew

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Horus(m): 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
A man should not be intimidated by a homosexual. By that I mean, those people who set out to preach “fire and brimstone,” the beating, killing and harassing of homosexuals and lesbians, in most cases are people that fear for a dormant personality that might come forth from themselves. If you are sure about your manhood or womanhood, then you should have no fear of socializing or befriending a person with different intimate preferences than you. The very fear is a confession that if you were to socialize with a homosexual or lesbian you’re afraid you might become a homosexual or a lesbian.

4 Likes

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by neenar: 10:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
berem:
Yes ke. The whole prospect is disgusting, but then I believe they have a target audience.

3 Likes

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
neenar:
Yes ke. The whole prospect is disgusting, but then I believe they have a target audience.

On another note, na wa for some people o. Xeun said he'll employ someone, (a clear slap on their faces) yet one or even two super mods are still updating the site. Just how low can some people go? angry
that's his business on whom he wants to employ. I just hope it won't be Obinoscopy. His recent attitude in the way he pushed silly threads to front page cannot be tolerated. I will personally fight him if he is eventually the so-called paid super mod. angry angry
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gbawe:

No Berem. Tatiana and LastOkpaBender are just correcting the ignorant misconception that homosexuality is limited to man alone. other animals engage in it also. I think many are getting carried away here. This is not an issue about whether the act of homosexuality is right or wrong. That is a different argument altogether.

OP stated that a man jumped in to defend a gay couple that were about to be set-upon by a lynch mob. OP simply wanted to know if the good samaritan was right to intervene or not. It is a simple enough question same as asking if white folks who risked their lives, to prevent the savage lynching of black people by racist lynch mobs in slave-trading period and the times shortly after that, should have intervened or simply looked on.

It may not be in in the heart of many Nairalanders to intervene as the good samaritan did but is it wrong that this man followed his humanitarian instinct and respect for the sanctity of life to the extent he got involved to prevent the lynching of two men in cold bold by an ALUU mob who arrogate upon themselves the right to murder homosexuals?
I definitely get your point Sir. I rest my case. cool
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by celeron40(m): 10:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
shortgun:

You are so daft.... with all the issues in this country, you still want to add homosexuality to our problems?
Don't be a FOOL.
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by neenar: 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
berem:
that's his business on whom he wants to employ. I just hope it won't be Obin..oscopy. His recent attitude in the way he pushed silly threads to front page cannot be tolerated. I will personally fight him if he is eventually the so-called paid super mod. angry angry
Modify the comment you quoted, biko.
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Gbawe: 10:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
Horus:
A man should not be intimidated by a homosexual. By that I mean, those people who set out to preach “fire and brimstone,” the beating, killing and harassing of homosexuals and lesbians, in most cases are people that fear for a dormant personality that might come forth from themselves. If you are sure about your manhood or womanhood, then you should have no fear of socializing or befriending a person with different intimate preferences than you. The very fear is a confession that if you were to socialize with a homosexual or lesbian you’re afraid you might become a homosexual or a lesbian.

What you intelligently espouse is even established scientific fact and the basis of many formal studies which ultimately go on to conclude that the most vociferously homophobic men are the one who fear their own subconscious homosexuality and effeminacy. Your conclusion is exactly the same as many scientific studies which suggests that balanced and assured men, secure in their own sexuality, have no reason to hate gays to the extent of wishing them harm i.e extreme homophobia.

I think human relationship, in the simplest form, must focus on preventing wrong (rape, murder, assault, robbery, terrorism et al) blighting the lives of law-abiding citizens. Can all those who have rushed to support the lynching of gays here make a cogent argument for how the private and bedroom activities of two adult gay men harm them personally or constitute a direct criminal act against their person or that of their loved ones?

5 Likes

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by stevecantrell: 10:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
berem:

grin
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
Chinazaekperem6:

The summary is that NO ONE has the right to physically assault or intimidate others just because they do not agree with you

CHIKENA!

Irrespective of the level of your conviction, you do NOT physically assault others in an attempt to forcefully coerce them to your belief.

I will argue with anyone on this forum on the ills of homosexuality- I actually see it as as growing societal Cancer but it is absolutely ridiculous to maim people that disagree with you.

While I cannot agree with you on the ills of homosexuality or it been a societal cancer, I agree on other points made.
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Gbawe: 10:46pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ichiato:

Oh so lynching and killing is natural and legal in nigeria. Talking about double standards mtcheeeeew

Thank you. Two consenting adult men deserve death for what they do to each other willingly in their bedroom yet murderers and serial killers who take laws into their own hands to dish out jungle justice, in 2014, are exemplary Nigerians and the sort we want to shape the future of Nigeria ?

4 Likes

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by thewarrior72: 10:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
Death to all homos & they supporters

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gbawe:

Thank you. Two consenting adult men deserve death for what they do to each other willingly in their bedroom yet murderers and serial killers who take laws into their own hands to dish out jungle justice, in 2014, are exemplary Nigerians and the sort we want to shape the future of Nigeria ?
I tire for people oh.

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
A troll to be made Paid Moderator soon grin grin grin
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by SOUNDKING: 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
My guy dat 1 na small o.
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
Chinazaekperem6:

Thank you.

We could perhaps have a debate on the parts you disagree with in future.

I'm very much open to such a debate.
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by casualobserver1: 11:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
berem:
Sorry to ask o, are there any X-rated films in the market on man to man homosexuality? Just curious to know!

Abeg na question I ask o!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

See JAMB question o
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by casualobserver1: 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
Gbawe:

What you intelligently espouse is even established scientific fact and the basis of many formal studies which ultimately go on to conclude that the most vociferously homophobic men are the one who fear their own subconscious homosexuality and effeminacy. Your conclusion is exactly the same as many scientific studies which suggests that balanced and assured men, secure in their own sexuality, have no reason to hate gays to the extent of wishing them harm i.e extreme homophobia.

I think human relationship, in the simplest form, must focus on preventing wrong (rape, murder, assault, robbery, terrorism et al) blighting the lives of law-abiding citizens. Can all those who have rushed to support the lynching of gays here make a cogent argument for how the private and bedroom activities of two adult gay men harm them personally or constitute a direct criminal act against their person or that of their loved ones?

Oga, what you are doing is pointless. The people you are talking to are secretly angry with the situation of the country and the way the commonwealth is looted by a few untouchable people. It is this anger that makes them set upon any vulnerable person in the area. Homosexuals are a very, VERY easy target for such brutality. What they do is frowned upon by many religions and for that reason it is easy to mobilize people to hunt them and kill them.

LAST BULLET: As for the guy they beat up, my advice to him is to apply for asylum in Canada. now that they have beaten him, he can easily be given asylum in America, Canada or UK and even get a job as a spokesperson for one of the many organizations that are promoting gay rights. In short, him own don beta. LOL

2 Likes

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by VolvoS60(m): 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
Billyonaire:

Igbo smoker, face your lane. Me and you no dey the same category. You are abysmally sick and mentally retarded. Keep meandering out of discourse. Ode! Gays must be wiped out from Nigeria. This is a religious nation, even LP as a party frowns against sodomy but you embrace it cos you wan join them. I dont have time for a loser, stop quoting me.

^^^
grin grin

I am intrigued by the 'even LP as a party...' bit in your post up there. grin

Kindly explain. What do you mean by that 'even LP' business? grin Are you in any way implying that the Labour Party is traditionally sympathetic to causes that decent members of society are rigidly opposed to?

Is that why Mimiko left the Labour Party? grin Kindly explain, sir.
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^
grin grin
I am intrigued by the 'even LP as a party...' bit in your post up there. grin
Kindly explain. What do you mean by that 'even LP' business? grin Are you in any way implying that the Labour Party is traditionally sympathetic to causes that decent members of society are rigidly opposed to?
Is that why Mimiko left the Labour Party? grin Kindly explain, sir.
grin grin grin
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by Gbawe: 12:09am On Nov 01, 2014
casualobserver1:

Oga, what you are doing is pointless. The people you are talking to are secretly angry with the situation of the country and the way the commonwealth is looted by a few untouchable people. It is this anger that makes them set upon any vulnerable person in the area. Homosexuals are a very, VERY easy target for such brutality. What they do is frowned upon by many religions and for that reason it is easy to mobilize people to hunt them and kill them.

LAST BULLET: As for the guy they beat up, my advice to him is to apply for asylum in Canada. now that they have beaten him, he can easily be given asylum in America, Canada or UK and even get a job as a spokesperson for one of the many organizations that are promoting gay rights. In short, him own don beta. LOL

You make a good point. The politician steals billions which causes poverty, unemployment and deprivation amongst the masses leading to extreme frustration of the average man. The thieving politician is beyond reach in his very high tower. For the frustrated majority, why not settle for gays, thieves and 'bird witches' instead of those who are really behind their woes, hunger, poor sleep, homelessness, joblessness and sub-optimal health?

1 Like

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by VolvoS60(m): 12:10am On Nov 01, 2014
Chinazaekperem6:

The summary is that NO ONE has the right to physically assault or intimidate others just because they do not agree with you

CHIKENA!

Irrespective of the level of your conviction, you do NOT physically assault others in an attempt to forcefully coerce them to your belief.

I will argue with anyone on this forum on the ills of homosexuality- I actually see it as as growing societal Cancer but it is absolutely ridiculous to maim people that disagree with you.

^^^^
Those who beat this fellow up are like an army that is fighting solely on one front (with bows and arrows as their only weapons) while completely unaware of several new fronts that have opened up, leaving it vulnerable to annihilation by enemy forces armed with 21st century weaponry. Those who beat up this man (and those posters here who support the beating) simply don't know what time it is. They are pawns. Nothing more.

For example, how many Mac/iphone/ipad owners who oppose homosexuality are ready to show their displeasure with Apple CEO Tim Cook's recent announcement? How many of them are ready to switch to other products? How many are ready to put their money where their mouths are? Do they even know that this is where the real action is taking place?

I have an assignment for anyone who has the time. Do an inventory of your assets and the brands which you typically spend money on (both your big ticket purchases and your regular expenses). Find out how much the corporations behind these brands have contributed to LGBT groups and causes (contributions which have been going on for decades, in some cases). The results of your research will shock you.

2 Likes

Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by casualobserver1: 12:21am On Nov 01, 2014
Gbawe:

You make a good point. The politician steals billions which causes poverty, unemployment and deprivation amongst the masses leading to extreme frustration of the average man. The thieving politician is beyond reach in his very high tower. For the frustrated majority, why not settle for gays, thieves and 'bird witches' instead of those who are really behind their woes, hunger, poor sleep, homelessness, joblessness and sub-optimal health?

That is the way I see it, Sir. It is too bad. Most of these people don't really care about gay people. They just have one reason to release anger and they take it. The brutality they want to direct against the politicians is directed against the easy target.
Re: Man Beaten To Pulp For Defending Gays (photos) by BrosPeter: 12:27am On Nov 01, 2014
Am persuaded by Gbawe who made a really good argument.
I don't normally agree with him but I think he's right on this topic. What is my business with what other people do in their bedrooms, my concern is how to have good government and not to find someone to lynch because of his orientation.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Over N30 Billion Recovered Through Tips From Whistle Blowers – EFCC / INEC Projects 20 Million New Voters As CVR Begins Today / Buhari Nominates Muazu Jaji Sambo As Minister From Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.