Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (96595 Views)

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by stanisbaratheon: 11:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
danchuzzy:

yearning? you wish!!!

about God?

LMAO

He's prolly too busy running the world to think aboit doing that!!!

ツツツツツ

bia this ain't fb just leave me for body Oo
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by danchuzzy(m): 11:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
stanisbaratheon:

bia this ain't fb just leave me for body Oo

ehn ehn...

okay!

back to my question...

how does that affect churning out first class?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by NobleG1(m): 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
First-class honors in Nigeria is equivalent to Ordinary degrees in Britain.
The Education System in Nigeria is moribund.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 04, 2014
stanisbaratheon:

nah that's not true
failure to update the syllabuls is not a distingushing feature attributed to the unique school alone.lecturers in schools like unilag,ui,uniben and other prestigious universities still teach fotran and they churn out first class graduates.since you outrightly stated that they dont undermine the effort of the students,then what could be the reason for the abysymal performance in UNIPORT?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by phemybof(m): 12:43am On Nov 04, 2014
the list uncomplete without UNILORIN (beter by stress), where lecturers will tell u say: me self graduated with 2.2,so how knowledgeable u are? u want 1.1, 1.2 or 2.1? let wait and see
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by cristweeezy(m): 1:25am On Nov 04, 2014
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions:

1. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
2. University of Ibadan (UI)
3. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
4. University of Benin (UNIBEN)

What's your view?
OAU
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by cristweeezy(m): 1:27am On Nov 04, 2014
Hi peepz. Just registered on nairaland. Buh I'd like to know more about how to reply to some topics. Don't know where to click. Can someone help? Fenks.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ojaydedon(m): 2:43am On Nov 04, 2014
obiZEAL:

Shout out fellow josite

obizeal my guy.... I salute
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ndidibabe(f): 5:04am On Nov 04, 2014
ALISMILE:
Wher do u sch or finished frm? Wher am workin my contemporaries frm all d so called Fed unis re not half as good as I am!not boasting lad! Don't ever kid ursef u re batter than others! Its mostly jus down to opportunities! After all I ve seen lots of folks who attended some of these fed unis in d SW. Listening to them sometime is sooooo unbelievably funny! With due respect to d SW!
Does the 60% in my comment mean anything to you?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by bankolefun(m): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2014
Nt suprised dat futa z on d list! It z hard to graduate with a first class in futa, with mts 201 ,mee 101,csp 210, agy, pmt on ur course form ,i bet u don enter gbegeee b dat!

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by cfun01: 7:42am On Nov 04, 2014
Ur research ain't complete... Madonna university should be there.. trust me
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by PrinceCEE(m): 8:06am On Nov 04, 2014
KenSaroWiwa:

Don't mind the dude bushdoc9919 and let him keep decieving himself. The MBBS degree is not even classified meaning that there is nothing like first class doctor nor second class doctor .MBBS is MBBS so far you get your 50% pass mark and graduate.. What I noticed about this thread is that people see it as an avenue to advertise their schools. Even a student of the university of boko-haram will come here to brag about the difficulty of bagging a first class in their school. Imagine someone even making noise about the university of abuja, ambrose ali and the likes comm'on, these schools are poorly runned primary like schools with poor facilities. Its very easy to make a first class if you show dedication and hard work but the truth be told, the nigerian educational system is designed to dim the bright future of many students. Imagine lecturers in a department bragging about the total number of first class students they've produced in years and stupïdly boasting that "A" is for God, "B" is for satan and "C" is for the students. Isn't that crazy ? Many intelligent students are in these universities but these schools aren't allowing them to show their potential at all. The nigerian educational system in general has failed
this is well articulated bro.
The fact is that none is exempted from this academic menace. Some tyrant and sadist lecturers ve vowed till the last drop of their blood not to give a 'A' to any student no matter the student's effort.
In addition to the corrupt system, the students in question don't matter good. Most of them won't attend lectures, practicals. They sometimes miss their test owe to their habitual lateness. And after all these, they will blame their failure on lecturers.
For things to be better, all hands should be on deck in other to renascent our educational value.
Worst of all is that most students re just concern about certificate
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Chris95(m): 8:16am On Nov 04, 2014
ValentineMary:
Have u been to unizik lately, a 2nd class upper graduate from unizik is equal to a first class graduate in most sch.
R u d valentine mary i knw?? D one in bch?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by abimbola74(m): 8:39am On Nov 04, 2014
Lautech should be on dat list
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Rapking1: 8:43am On Nov 04, 2014
walahi if u come out with 1st class in lasu#dat means p-pple 4 ur village don free u bdat...eco dept in dat school is hell
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 04, 2014
KenSaroWiwa:

Don't mind the dude bushdoc9919 and let him keep decieving himself. The MBBS degree is not even classified meaning that there is nothing like first class doctor nor second class doctor .MBBS is MBBS so far you get your 50% pass mark and graduate.. What I noticed about this thread is that people see it as an avenue to advertise their schools. Even a student of the university of boko-haram will come here to brag about the difficulty of bagging a first class in their school. Imagine someone even making noise about the university of abuja, ambrose ali and the likes comm'on, these schools are poorly runned primary like schools with poor facilities. Its very easy to make a first class if you show dedication and hard work but the truth be told, the nigerian educational system is designed to dim the bright future of many students. Imagine lecturers in a department bragging about the total number of first class students they've produced in years and stupïdly boasting that "A" is for God, "B" is for satan and "C" is for the students. Isn't that crazy ? Many intelligent students are in these universities but these schools aren't allowing them to show their potential at all. The nigerian educational system in general has failed
PrinceCEE:
this is well articulated bro.
The fact is that none is exempted from this academic menace. Some tyrant and sadist lecturers ve vowed till the last drop of their blood not to give a 'A' to any student no matter the student's effort.
In addition to the corrupt system, the students in question don't matter good. Most of them won't attend lectures, practicals. They sometimes miss their test owe to their habitual lateness. And after all these, they will blame their failure on lecturers.
For things to be better, all hands should be on deck in other to renascent our educational value.
Worst of all is that most students re just concern about certificate

Eh eh....don't mind me, eh? The two of you...... grin

Well, if you get over 70% in medicine in your subjects....you are awarded a distinction. (Not a class...but something).

Plus, there is a method to the madness of the harsh academic system in medicine....it is designed to A) Make us think well under pressure.... b) Avoid guess work....because if you guess your way to an A .....you will be a guess work doctor. Bad for patients and their families c) Also to prep us for the fact that in real life, no one would treat you like a special one.

(And here is the secret reason why many of us medics end with C....negattve marking. For every question you fail in MCQ, you get minus one mark....So, for example....if you take a 100 MCQ question and get 70 right....and 30 wrong....30 is subtracted from the 70...to give you a score of 40%.....so someone who started out with a pass....ends up with a fail. Do you want to read medicine?)

It is , as I have said, truth in television that some lecturers are harsh(my dad, who was a university lecturer for years says as much...that some of his colleagues deliberately fail students)......but part of the problem, as I have said earlier is that primary and secondary schools do a poor job of preparing students for the university. That is due to things like poor teachers, lack of books and other facilities, and lack of good reading culture. There is also the fact that most lectuers are not trained in the art of teaching(no, really!). Add the fact that most students in Nigeria are not readers, and most students do not know how to study (yes....very true. My mum reckons that she did not know how to study until she got to university...and she had to learn the tough way). And we have not started on the poor funding of our universities.

Don't blamen
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by dikamzy(m): 8:49am On Nov 04, 2014
My goodness what sought of stupid list is d@!!!, where is Unn,unizik,futo!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by royalblood21: 8:54am On Nov 04, 2014
LAUTECH ogbomosho.... grin grin,.... very where u go there they are!!!!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Henricarter(m): 8:58am On Nov 04, 2014
Ekitii state university nko........2.2 nah 1stclass here kiss
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by royalblood21: 9:19am On Nov 04, 2014
ojinku:

Which one is Open University? Here in France, our Universities are fenced.

Fenced abi covered.... like national stadium...
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Sauthentic(m): 9:22am On Nov 04, 2014
If Usmanu Danfodiyo University sokoto {UDUS} is not in the list hmmmm that means the list is not complete
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ALISMILE(m): 11:25am On Nov 04, 2014
ndidibabe:
What do you expect? 60 percent of Students in all these State Universities are those rejected by Federal Universities due to poor JAMB score. Where will the first class come? Hian!!
The remaining 40 percent!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by swezenberg(m): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
Wonder1844:
if u tink 48 1st class is nt enuf ask about Delsu

Remove the 40 and leave the 8. That is all FUTA produces in a session or 10
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by wollycrown: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
I know u guys haven't heard of UNAAB...
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by TS2(m): 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
Profcamsey:
where is EKSU?

God, se na me dey FP diz early morning of the monday?. baba, thank u oh
Lemme use this opportunity to warn those people that want to drag ONILA with me, I neva get ur time by the time I start to process that babe u go run.

Sorry...what is an EKSU please?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by TS2(m): 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
s3nn2x:
If University of Abuja is not on the list, then that list is incomplete.

I don't think there has ever been a set with up to 5 first class.....

That does it...if you can believe University of Abuja shouild be on the list tht means that Community Polytechnic Gege Olorun Oyo should be on the list too. Everyone just thinks his school is the best.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by s3nn2x(m): 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
TS2:

That does it...if you can believe University of Abuja shouild be on the list tht means that Community Polytechnic Gege Olorun Oyo should be on the list too. Everyone just thinks his school is the best.
And you are?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Larow(m): 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
ValentineMary:
I am a proud student of unizik. But guy u funny me.
am sorry 4 dat!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by emekanairaland(m): 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
phlora:
please name a department in UNN that has produced up to 10 first class students in a session
None...... in fact in my department we have only one 1st class candidate In 30yrs........UNN no go kill person ohhh

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by KenSaroWiwa: 3:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Eh eh....don't mind me, eh? The two of you...... grin

Well, if you get over 70% in medicine in your subjects....you are awarded a distinction. (Not a class...but something).

Plus, there is a method to the madness of the harsh academic system in medicine....it is designed to A) Make us think well under pressure.... b) Avoid guess work....because if you guess your way to an A .....you will be a guess work doctor. Bad for patients and their families c) Also to prep us for the fact that in real life, no one would treat you like a special one.

(And here is the secret reason why many of us medics end with C....negattve marking. For every question you fail in MCQ, you get minus one mark....So, for example....if you take a 100 MCQ question and get 70 right....and 30 wrong....30 is subtracted from the 70...to give you a score of 40%.....so someone who started out with a pass....ends up with a fail. Do you want to read medicine?)

It is , as I have said, truth in television that some lecturers are harsh(my dad, who was a university lecturer for years says as much...that some of his colleagues deliberately fail students)......but part of the problem, as I have said earlier is that primary and secondary schools do a poor job of preparing students for the university. That is due to things like poor teachers, lack of books and other facilities, and lack of good reading culture. There is also the fact that most lectuers are not trained in the art of teaching(no, really!). Add the fact that most students in Nigeria are not readers, and most students do not know how to study (yes....very true. My mum reckons that she did not know how to study until she got to university...and she had to learn the tough way). And we have not started on the poor funding of our universities.

Don't blamen
This one wey u just dey make noise about this medicine since, are you sure that ur truly a medical student ? Tell me ur school and ur level and lemme embarrass and disgrace you here.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
KenSaroWiwa:

This one wey u just dey make noise about this medicine since, are you sure that ur truly a medical student ? Tell me ur school and ur level and lemme embarrass and disgrace you here.

I graduated nearly a decade ago, son.....from a Northern University...with my MBBS.

For most of my career I have been based in the rural areas. I currently work in a City Hospital.

I wonder why you doubt me.....have some faith !
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by KenSaroWiwa: 3:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
bushdoc9919:

I graduated nearly a decade ago, son.....from a Northern University...with my MBBS.

For most of my career I have been based in the rural areas. I currently work in a City Hospital.

I wonder why you doubt me.....have some faith !

Stupìd boy, who do you think ur talking to that ur calling son ?. Well, I don't need to argue with you coz ur name says it all bushdoc, the squirrels and antelopes in the bush need u urgently. Go and attend to them. You never studied MBBS, ur previous comments cements it all. Study harder if u still feel the passion to study MBBS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

20 Popular Slangs Used By University Students In Nigeria / Nigerian Words You Thought Were English / Preparing for GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.