Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,892 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (96538 Views)

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Yustash001(m): 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
Bobbyjay001:

Why not? A living faith established private university in Omu-aran,kwara state,home of Bishop David Oyedepo.
Is it not a replica of d almighty covenant uni where 50% of students bag 1st upon graduating?
u knw am ju....d university na booto owa(not meant for the poor ones)....
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Mystery007(m): 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
Oh!!:. Na d level be dis.. Where una kip My Prestigious F.U.T M.x.. Omo dah school na Living hell.. Need to see where guys are jacking deir ass out and @ d end, graduate with mayb 2nd class Upper..Imagine d last convocation dey did for three sets of graduants, only 40- 48( can't rilly remember d exact number but i knw its within dah range) first class students were convocated. So no F.u.tmx, d list shld not even be there at all.. Team f.u.tmx Noni
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Yustash001(m): 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
benjsniper33:

Take a clue from the op, we're talking of jungles here not gardens undecided
lolz...uni na uni na...
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
I mentioned earlier about two of my articles that were accepted for a contest. Please u can now read, share, like, tweet and email (the like, share, tweet and email buttons are on the top of d article pages jux after d title of d articles ) the articles directly from d link below without going through d Facebook pages...Once more, these are d articles..
http://blogs.jpmsonline.com/2014/11/02/the-deleterious-effects-of-mobile-phone-radiations/

http://blogs.jpmsonline.com/2014/11/02/an-open-letter-to-all-medical-school-aspirants-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-path-of-medicine/
Ur vote counts.
Thanks a lot for ur understanding..
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by DidierKing: 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
[size=40pt]UNIPORT and no other[/size]
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by olajobsmaster(m): 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions:

1. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
2. University of Ibadan (UI)
3. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
4. University of Benin (UNIBEN)

What's your view?

LOL!!!
Well, at least I know that after passing through these “amazing” schools you've mentioned, it is now a lot easier to find jobs in Nigeria as a graduate. See here: http://jobsmaster.com.ng #TalkingFromExperience
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
Yustash001:
u knw am ju....d university na booto owa(not meant for the poor ones)....
Ya,nt meant for d common man. But 'l u send a child to dt school and spend nothing less dan 10million naira on such child and be hapi if he eventually cms home wt 2.2? So "landmark or floormark" (whatever it's kald) is outta contenx here. You're likely to bag a 1st or at least 2.2 upon graduating.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by MichaelAustin(m): 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2014
try Uniuyo an see
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by MVLOX(m): 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
Please add FUPRE to the list
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Yustash001(m): 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
Bobbyjay001:

Ya,nt meant for d common man. But 'l u send a child to dt school and spend nothing less dan 10million naira on such child and be hapi if he eventually cms home wt 2.2? So landmark or floormark is outta content here. You're likely to bag a 1st or at least 2.2 upon graduating.
but u knw most of the students are well connected....they can easily get job after graduating....
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by PrinceCEE(m): 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Yes,you did.

And I wrote it because you Nigerian students think that university is some place to just chill for four years , and then pick up your degree...so that you can sit down in your comfy office and collect N1.5million every month in the oil company (Bank is a good alternative.).Oh, and you think that all the lecturers are out to fail you (that's partly truth in television....but some just make things difficult for you to see if you can surmount their challenges....more later).

But it isn't .

University, my intelligent and witty friend, is where you learn to solve problems. And no problem comes bigger than making the first class. That's where your strategies come in....your time planning strategems, your study strategems , even your prayer and religion strategems.

(And let me tell ya...it is very easy to get a first class...except in my field Medicine...because of negative marking which was deliberately introduced because they want to make us good doctors...not guesswork doctors. It's complicated).

And you cannot learn to solve problems without actual practical experience. Because, that is why University is hard for you....and why all those lecturers are sooooo harsh. Because in the real world, making a mistake can be a very expensive proposition. And in the real world, you will meet challenges that would make your university experience seem like a walk in the park.

Of course...things can be made better...hence my write up.

So, you can get a first class. But since you respond to my problem solving idea with such disdain....not with a reasoned rebuttal or better ideas of your own, I doubt that you are ready to be a problem solver. Maybe your attitude to education needs some change....urgently.
oh my! What a lovely and captivating write-up but after this u only got 1 like....

The bolded part got me sneering @u. As per say that mbbs is more sophistacated and complex than other courses. And that bolded part made ur write-up facetious!

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ojaydedon(m): 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
Chidonc:

Great josite. Aluta continua,victory aserte

i see u... Josite
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by egunna(m): 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
ma guy,blv it or not evn wit runs.unibuja aka unigwagz z d hardest.u re evn forced to hate urself
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ollins(m): 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hey op you forgot to include the baba of unis,unilag
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ceasare: 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
1. All fed uni of tech
2. Most federal uni esp OAU,ABU UNI PORT etc
3.most fed uni of agric....1st class Na die o!
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by obiZEAL(m): 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
I swear its UNIJOS....Biochem, sociology, econs, microbiology and some other departments have NEVER EVER recorded a 1st class in UJ

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by liongirl: 7:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
National open university
enairaprof:
In my opinion, it is much easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for students to make first class in these institutions:

1. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
2. University of Ibadan (UI)
3. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
4. University of Benin (UNIBEN)

What's your view?
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by obiZEAL(m): 7:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
ojaydedon:

i see u... Josite
Shout out fellow josite
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
Adegwurulez come and contribute o .
Someone forgot to mention Federal university of agriculture, Makurdi. grin
lol that school na die. dem highest first class products na only 12 .
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by nuradeen011(m): 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
Its because you are not from the north west zone but Kano University of Techonology KUT is the hardest and Umaru musa yaradua is the simplest most expensive
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by tmost01(m): 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
Although academic excellence partly depends on the institution, individual commitment takes precedence. This is manifested in the recent law sch graduands as the two first class students stemmed from low rated universities: ABSU and Adekunke ajasin university.

Individual exposure, foundation, sedulousness, clique among other things determine one's attainement.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Arms(m): 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
Quelme:
Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma. The hardest of them all... You need the Isaac Newton's brain to even make an upper class.
in d histry of aau i don't knw of any though i stand 2 b corrected who hv made 1st class. so i tink u ar most correct
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by akajos4real: 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
All, the most difficult school to make a 1st Class in this country believe it not would be Ambrose Alli University.
Please, before you raise your objections, check the facts/records of schools that have given 1st Class.
You will be amazed with what you will discover.
Shocking!!! shocking!!!! shocking!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by ProfvickyCT(m): 8:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
With me here is my one of my friends who studied Agric in one of the above mentioned schools and seriosuly graduated with First class.

So, its all depends on seriousness and concentration on what you are doing.
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Durchess(f): 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
naturalwaves:

UI and Uniben shouldn't be on that list.
Gbam ... Op tk note pls

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Durchess(f): 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dat list wld b incomplete without Delta state univ
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Kunlexic(m): 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
Profcamsey:
if u ask me, na who I go ask?
grin grin grin
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
Crispels:

FUTA and UI should not even be on the list...

My elder brother graduated from futa with a first class in geology and he always say if you work hard and u'r dilligent,Nothing stops you from making a first class in FUTA!

Mind U.I is just resting on past glory, The school is crap nw!
Geology? I doubt it. Picture of certificate or I don't believe it!

1 Like

Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by Jay20(m): 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
Crispels:

FUTA and UI should not even be on the list...

My elder brother graduated from futa with a first class in geology and he always say if you work hard and u'r dilligent,Nothing stops you from making a first class in FUTA!

Mind U.I is just resting on past glory, The school is crap nw!

Ur broda 4got 2 add extra extra hard 2 dt.. grin
Re: Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? by emerich(m): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
Quelme:
Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma. The hardest of them all... You need the Isaac Newton's brain to even make an upper class.
Bros you are so on point, of my opinion that's the hardest institution in Nigeria, in my department at college of Medicine, 1st class is a taboo n has never been produced, when a colleague of mine came close, the Senate had to meet and his exam sheets were taken to other institutions like Uniben and UNN for re-evaluation and remarking and as a result his mates lost 1 full academic session awaiting Senate approval of the said result. You can now agree with this guy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

20 Popular Slangs Used By University Students In Nigeria / Nigerian Words You Thought Were English / Preparing for GRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.