Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? (50773 Views)

Tips To Keeping A Good African Man / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By South African Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Let's not go deep.

I do not believe Nigerian men wants their wives to suffer, if not, majority of what we have as gadgets in the homes won't even enter Nigeria in the first place.

Those who are with men that are against buying gadgets or using them are reaping the reward of their own decisions just like men who married 5 inches fingernails wives who do nothing but order other people's children around to take care of them!

grin grin grin

True!

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Bitojoe(m): 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
smokescreen4:
Abegi una too like to use that one threaten women, na today make hin go na, even the one dat feeds her husband like king still dey lose the man to tiny legged girls. We no send again no body dey put husband for head dis days again.

ok na.una no dey hear word.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Now this is funny, how many educated men stop their wives from making money?

How many naija men do home chores and assist in the care of the children? Now, that's a good question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't even think this here is a question of education.

I think some men hide between such statements because they don't want to confess that they cannot afford a washing machine or whatever

We cannot afford it...go buy it. Men can't even afford bride prize.Nothing from men...
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't even think this here is a question of education.

I think some men hide between such statements because they don't want to confess that they cannot afford a washing machine or whatever.

Then what is the women doing to help the man financially so he can buy all the gadgets in the home? A wife is suppose to help the husband progress, so if you are married to a man and years after, he is still poor, then check your decision making process.

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by bellong: 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
Shirley07:

I don't need that when the usual suspects are already showing themselves.

OK... Enjoy your fantasy..

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
ferdimako:

We cannot afford it...go buy it. Men can't even afford bride prize.Nothing from men...

I didn't say men cannot afford it but men who claim that only lazy people need such gadgets use such statements as an excuse.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Then what is the women doing to help the man financially so he can buy all the gadgets in the home? A wife is suppose to help the husband progress, so if you are married to a man and years after, he is still poor, then check your decision making process.

I agree.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by bukatyne(f): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Let's not go deep.

I do not believe Nigerian men wants their wives to suffer, if not, majority of what we have as gadgets in the homes won't even enter Nigeria in the first place.

Those who are with men that are against buying gadgets or using them are reaping the reward of their own decisions just like men who married 5 inches fingernails wives who do nothing but order other people's children around to take care of them!

Gadgets entered the Nigerian market as a money spinning machine grin

@Nigerian men & not wanting their wives to suffer: I can't say angry

There are great Nigerian husbands though
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Sorry, but your post does not make any sense to me.
Ur hubby-to-be is gonna reflect or come off as your best decision. Don't say you had to please the society.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
ferdimako:

Ur hubby-me-to-be is gonna reflect or come off as your best decision. Don't say you had to please the society.

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
Shirley07:

How many naija men do home chores and assist in the care of the children? Now, that's a good question.

The men I know do so I can only speak for those I know.

Do you know I don't eat out? I am not married, yet I don't eat out, I even turned amala this night myself (what alot of women can't even do), black amala for that matter and I am not even from the side that owns it. I have people that can wash for me but I wash my clothes myself (getting tired though lol).
I ironed all my clothes yesterday, took me the whole day lol, I do this alot..

What am I trying to say, you don't expect someone like me to pile these on my wife when I can do them myself, same with the men I know, majority of them do these things for their families

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

They say...they fuc.k you, give u children and changed their maiden name to ur last name. monetize those.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by tintingz(m): 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
A woman to pound me hot yam. smiley
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Do you know I don't eat out? I am not married, yet I don't eat out, I even turned amala this night myself (what alot of women can't even do), black amala for that matter and I am not even from the side that owns it. I have people that can wash for me but I wash my clothes myself (getting tired though lol).

What am I trying to say, you don't expect someone like me to pile these on my wife when I can do them myself, same with the men I know, majority of them do these things for their families

Independent men are s*exy. cheesy wink cheesy

A man who does all this is awesome, fantastic, fabulous!

Don't tell me you are neat too.

I am not making any advances. I am in a relationship.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by macof(m): 9:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
Shirley07:

Love and unity doesn't exist in a polygamous home because a man who put his family into such situation is a selfish man who has no love for his family in the first place yet according to an imbecïle like you, the first wife is expected to do the tedious act of bonding the family when it's obvious that home is a dilapitated home already.
However, you later claimed in another statement that africa women do not suffer. Even a 2 yrs child won't reason like this, jungle man!

It is ur father that bore you that is an slowpoke and a jungle man
Polygamous or not, A good father and Man is good regardless
all men of my ancestry that I remember married more than 1 wife and cared endlessly for each child from each woman.
So you blame ur moronic father for not Caring for ur LovePeddler of a mother

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by tintingz(m): 9:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
women playing the victim card since 1892. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by soulglo: 9:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
You guys can keep your African wife trophy. I like my arrangement.

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I know u a not married yet...so make sure u bring all these up with any suitor. haha

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
bellong:

OK... Enjoy your fantasy..
Only fantasy that has you in it.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
ferdimako:

I know u a not married yet...so make sure u bring all these up with any suitor. haha

You can bet, I will. wink smiley
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

when you marry and have kids. Then what time will you have to spend with them. If you use your weekends to do laundary.

Don't forget to marry a woman that can turn amala. That work is a whole lot of stress. I am still learning how to make wheat, yet it never comes out well.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by olojaoke1(m): 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sophyrocks:
That is the Nigerian context of a good african wife, a good wife material. she must be willing to put her life on the line for the sake of her family, most of the time for her husband. she must be willing to swallow all sorts of stds, must be willing to go through emotional stress for long periods using prayer as an antidote for any problem. The longer the stress, the more stronger and virtuous she is seen to be. My people, did the bible ever describe a virtuous woman as one who suffers? Is God in supporrt of the suffering of humans?

She must be willing to be a deaf and dumb woman somewhat equivalent to a puppet or baby doll. Yet She must still be the one to hold the family together no matter what (now you wonder where the function of the so called 'Head' of family comes in). She must break her back and go through all sorts of iniquities so that she can be viewed as a 'wife material'. To the average nigerian, Marriage is pain, pain is love. That is why you see mentally unstable men who deliberately make their wives and even children, suffer. Sometimes it is done to prove a point. Such men believe that since their mothers suffered in the hands of their fathers, therefore, their wives must suffer. that is why you hear statements like "Our mothers went through this or that, why can't you go through the same"? Always comparing women with their mothers. My people, can two people from different backgrounds ever be alike? is it possible for two generations that are apart to be simiilar in choices and orientations?

After going through all these stress and tribulations, she is still expected not to change physically but to remain a sweet 16 and her s*e*x*ual prowess in bed must be top notch. My people, is this ever possible?
AM PERFECTLY SURE YOU DIDN'T TAKE TIME TO READ THE POSTER ABOVE YOU. ODE BURUKU.

4 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by damiso(f): 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
Funny enough I have observed that women are the ones who tend to pass the other woman is lazy judgement the most...

6 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Independent men are s*exy. cheesy wink cheesy

A man who does all this is awesome, fantastic, fabulous!

Don't tell me you are neat too.

I am not making any advances. I am in a relationship.

We are both in a relationship so no need "fearing".

As for being neat..if you wash for me, I wouldn't see it as clean, hence the reason I do my washing myself.. (clue)
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
olojaoke1:

AM PERFECTLY SURE YOU DIDN'T TAKE TIME TO READ THE POSTER ABOVE YOU. ODE BURUKU.

No na you be the oloriburuku 1 himself. ISI MKPI. Na you carry the crown! What is my business with the poster above me? Dnt i have a right to comment? Anuofia!

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

We are both in a relationship so no need "fearing".

As for being neat..if you wash for me, I wouldn't see it as clean, hence the reason I do my washing myself.. (clue)

Say no more! wink
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
ferdimako:

They say...they fuc.k you, give u children and changed their maiden name to ur last name. monetize those.

Like they don't enjoy the pakiripa, the children and being called by the name of a popular man.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Huh? And your point is?

you lie about your definition about "Nigerian Good wife"

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
bukatyne:

Gadgets entered the Nigerian market as a money spinning machine grin

@Nigerian men & not wanting their wives to suffer: I can't say angry

There are great Nigerian husbands though

And who are the major buyers?
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by bellong: 10:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
Shirley07:

Only fantasy that has you in it.

grin grin grin grin cheesy grin shocked shocked grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
donnypool:

you lie about your definition about "Nigerian Good wife"

Did you read your earlier comment? Go and read what you typed. And by the way, what is your own definition?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

"Village People Can Die Now" - Man As He Boasts About Brother’s White Wife / Police Recruit Back From 9 Months Training To Find New Wife Pregnant For Brother / My Husband Asks For Cloth I Use To Clean Up After Sex – Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.