Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos (126818 Views)

Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: / How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
dorocanist:

You applied to "join" your husband and your interview was at the abuja consulate? This is NOT POSSIBLE as only the Lagos consulate process immigrant family visas!!!!!!!

Did you bother to ask her class of visa before concluding? Do you know if it is F2, H4 etc category she applied for? Nigerians with ITK attitude.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2014
dammilotun:

@warning...That's so funny

It was and everyone had to laugh. She said she isn't interested in the cars and monies he sends but she needs him to come home.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
Bibankee:

Check your facts! You don't insist in ignorance!

Donot further compound your lies. I REPEAT only the lagos consulate in FACT handle all IMMIGRANT visas i REPEAT ALL i won't condescend by giving you proof. Go to the VO's thread and ask.
Its a faceless public forum continue misleading people!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by UjSizzle(f): 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
You guys are killing me grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
GboyegaD:

Did you bother to ask her class of visa before concluding? Do you know if it is F2, H4 etc category she applied for? Nigerians with ITK attitude.

Did you read my post earlier and the words in quotation ? Ambassador those classes of visas are not IMMIGRANT visas.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 8:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
dorocanist:

Did you read my post earlier and the words in quotation ? Ambassador those classes of visas are not IMMIGRANT visas.

The very reason you should know that not everyone going to meet their spouse is migrating thus, you had no basis to conclude without asking the poster.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Pamcrest(f): 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
grin I enjoyed d stories here, even d obvious lies! Lots of drama in embassies in Nigeria, not only US.
An embassy source once told me that many of those consular officers determine every morning how many visas he/she would approve that day....once that number is attained, every other applicant would be denied or referred. That's why some legitimate persons may be denied one day only to be approved soon after.
My humble submission

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Bibankee: 8:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
dorocanist:

Donot further compound your lies. I REPEAT only the lagos consulate in FACT handle all IMMIGRANT visas i REPEAT ALL i won't condescend by giving you proof. Go to the VO's thread and ask.
Its a faceless public forum continue misleading people!!!!

smiley I am more shocked at your ignorance and not even bothering to use the readily available resource: google
It's H4 Visa and i don't have to prove you right or wrong. You are an ITK and it's people like you that confidently misinform the public. You don't have to prove you know it all, if i were you, if i sense a discrepancy, i will ask questions like one who is willing to learn, if your ego stops you from asking questions, then use google. Be smart okay!

"Jumping into conclusion is like quitting a game: you lose by default."-Derek Sivers

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by bj2012golf(m): 9:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
voltron:

Congratulations in advance.. it is well with you and your family

Thanks a lot

*just read through my post and discovered an error I didn't correct because I rephrased the first 2 lines, arrrgGgh!!!!!
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
GboyegaD:

It was and everyone had to laugh. She said she isn't interested in the cars and monies he sends but she needs him to come home.

Poor mama sad

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
lurge:
Funny tales indeed. From these stories all I see is Nigerians are their own enemies. For God's sake you all want to travel out of the country and you go to the embassy to quarrel and abuse people and even try to ensure you're the only one who gets a visa . What happened to minding your own business? No wonder Nigerians abroad say they avoid each other.
I never apply for visa before as there's no reason to travel yet but when I wan travel them go approve am.

Avoiding Nigerians you do not know well abroad is a safe behavior. it seems our Nigerianess (good and bad) is sharper abroad than in Naija. At least in Naija you can handle sh1t your way

3 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by holatin(m): 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
why always USA, shey gold dey for dem gutter ni
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Homguy(m): 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
rallymento:
My experience at the US embassy in Ghana...........
Consular: why do wanna travel?
Me: my pastor said I will be given an American visa.
Consular: your pastor?
Me: Yes
Consular: lemme see your documents
Me: ok,have it.
Consular: where is ur statement of account
Me: I don't have any
Consular: why?
Me: because I serve a living god!
Consular: well mr. Namadi I don't believe in god but come to .......... in Accra to pick up ur visa.
Me: ok, thanks
................na so my people
. Is this for real?
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
Some years back, an igbo traditional ruler in his regalia was denied visa and he started cursing the lady for not respecting his title and old age. Nigerians always on the run to foreign land since 1800BC undecided

4 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by LordReed(m): 9:39pm On Nov 05, 2014
sukkot:
hey my chief Rilwayne001 i troway 21 gun salute my ogapatapata at the top. have i been given the citizenship ? no i dont want it. i may pity the guy and take it because he has been begging me for a long time now. i am starting to feel sorry for him cheesy wink

Why would you take citizenship of a country that will be scattered by 22nd of November?

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
I was there a week back around 6:30am. We all waited patiently for the first interview and hoped that if his/her visa was granted the goodluck would rub off on the rest of us....for where?

It was a lady and her interview took place in booth 7. She claimed that she was going to attend a seminar sponsored by a company she distributes for here in Nigeria. After the VO found her not eligible for the visa, he was about handing over her documents when the lady said, "Oga, please hold on to it, my interview can't be over". Then VO repeated that "you are ineligible", while he was saying this, the lady keep on explaining how many clients she has, how much she makes... vo repeated himself, Lady also repeated her self. At that point everyone laughed so hard. The lady left a few seconds later.

My own unusual experience.

Same day as above. While waiting in line outside, I discovered that I was feeling some fresh air around my toes, on both feet. When I looked down, the sole of my shoe was coming off from the front. Horror!!! I've not even entered the Consulate yet. Why me? With each step I took, more of the sole was coming off, got to a point I couldn't lift my feet to walk, I dragged them, I was already in the interviewing area at this point.

I kept on praying for this little incidence not to cause any visa denial. It didn't. After it was approved, I majestically walked out with half of the sole of my shoe gone. When people waiting outside saw me, there laughed, and I thought within myself......"dey laugh me, make you no go face your own interview"
Oyinbo,pls give me visa.I don tire for this jungle.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
GboyegaD:

The very reason you should know that not everyone going to meet their spouse is migrating thus, you had no basis to conclude without asking the poster.

Am gonna wrap this up;
the response was based SOLELY[/b] on the poster's story and question marks were used. no APOLOGIES I still stand by the fact that the poster had immigrant intent written all over her post!!!!! the more reason she was put on the [b]RIGHT [/b]track
Bibankee:

smiley I am more shocked at your ignorance and not even bothering to use the readily available resource: google
It's H4 Visa and i don't have to prove you right or wrong. You are an ITK and it's people like you that confidently misinform the public. You don't have to prove you know it all, if i were you, if i sense a discrepancy, i will ask questions like one who is willing to learn, if your ego stops you from asking questions, then use google. Be smart okay!
"Jumping into conclusion is like quitting a game: you lose by default."-Derek Sivers

Great quote you have above but you just dragging yourself further down;

Now [b]AGAIN
H4 visa[b] IS NOT I REPEAT IS NOT [/b] an immigrant visa. visa category is similar to an F2 and you are valid to STAY in the USA as long as your primary applicant (your case your husband stays even if he has one day left you ''stay'' one day) you are [b]NOT [/b]eligible to social security etc of course which IMMIGRANTS that Lagos consulate processes are eligible to.

My points and my last so next time you know!!!!
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
alexis007:
people like this guy i quoted are the reason why i old my 'UAE' lie....everybody now wants to claim 'i've been to an embassy b4'.....do you tink peoplego to the embassy to buy ticket that would enable them travel from Lagos to their village?....I just don't believe this particular story:no one would wear his shoes on the wrong feet feel comfortable for more than 5 minutes,let alone travel around town for hours only to notice after something as trivial as a security check
Believe what ever you want to believe my man.

United States Consulate is not Aso Rock in Abuja,anybody can be there.I've been there,I went there saw and conquered,mind you..it was my first time.

If you got more rubbish in your mouth to spit out..meet me at the USA visa student thread.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
dorocanist:

Am gonna wrap this up;
the response was based SOLELY[/b] on the poster's story and question marks were used. no APOLOGIES I still stand by the fact that the poster had immigrant intent written all over her post!!!!! the more reason she was put on the [b]RIGHT [/b]track

Great quote you have above but you just dragging yourself further down;

Now [b]AGAIN
H4 visa[b] IS NOT I REPEAT IS NOT [/b] an immigrant visa. visa category is similar to an F2 and you are valid to STAY in the USA as long as your primary applicant (your case your husband stays even if he has one day left you ''stay'' one day) you are [b]NOT [/b]eligible to social security etc of course which IMMIGRANTS that Lagos consulate processes are eligible to.

My points and my last so next time you know!!!!

And you have to go this length to exhibit your ignorance right? You are the one raising unnecessary eyebrow over someone else's story and doing ITK. If you are not convinced, move on and pretend as though you never read her transcript. The poster took her time to even tell you her category of visa and never claimed she was a migrant. Perhaps, you should go read the original post again with a clear mind as that will help you.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by ocelot2006(m): 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
bj2012golf:

CONGRATULATIONS!

My wife and I are scheduled for interview to renewal of our visas thursday next week, she's pregnant and we plan to have our baby in US. Yours is an indication that obtaining the US visa is grace n favour, not just by getting Doctor's letter of responsibility etc

Please one question: how much does it cost to give birth in the US? 'thinking of doing same.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
GboyegaD:

And you have to go this length to exhibit your ignorance right? You are the one raising unnecessary eyebrow over someone else's story and doing ITK. If you are not convinced, move on and pretend as though you never read her transcript. The poster took her time to even tell you her category of visa and never claimed she was a migrant. Perhaps, you should go read the original post again with a clear mind as that will help you.
I tire for some ITKs here bro..

These are set of people that will be pay unscrupulous travel agents over a million naira for a united states visa and still come here to criticise people who drop their stories here.

4 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by r33d(m): 9:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
I was there a week back around 6:30am. We all waited patiently for the first interview and hoped that if his/her visa was granted the goodluck would rub off on the rest of us....for where?

It was a lady and her interview took place in booth 7. She claimed that she was going to attend a seminar sponsored by a company she distributes for here in Nigeria. After the VO found her not eligible for the visa, he was about handing over her documents when the lady said, "Oga, please hold on to it, my interview can't be over". Then VO repeated that "you are ineligible", while he was saying this, the lady keep on explaining how many clients she has, how much she makes... vo repeated himself, Lady also repeated her self. At that point everyone laughed so hard. The lady left a few seconds later.

My own unusual experience.

Same day as above. While waiting in line outside, I discovered that I was feeling some fresh air around my toes, on both feet. When I looked down, the sole of my shoe was coming off from the front. Horror!!! I've not even entered the Consulate yet. Why me? With each step I took, more of the sole was coming off, got to a point I couldn't lift my feet to walk, I dragged them, I was already in the interviewing area at this point.

I kept on praying for this little incidence not to cause any visa denial. It didn't. After it was approved, I majestically walked out with half of the sole of my shoe gone. When people waiting outside saw me, there laughed, and I thought within myself......"dey laugh me, make you no go face your own interview"

You have no idea how this your story gives hope to some applicants for the US visa. Gracias!

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
stevecrun:
I tire for some ITKs here bro..

These are set of people that will be pay unscrupulous travel agents over a million naira for a united states visa and still come here to criticise people who drop their stories here.

hey Mister this is my 11th year here in the USA cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
when I first got here you were still a lil boy

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by fr3do(m): 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nigerians!
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by sukkot: 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
LordReed:

Why would you take citizenship of a country that will be scattered by 22nd of November?
just to get this begging man of my back undecided

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Jerryolumide(m): 10:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
Nah. Far from it.
Just to keep the memory as fresh as possible. Nothing more.

really love dat idea

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by LordReed(m): 10:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
sukkot:
just to get this begging man of my back undecided

17 days and counting. Hope your new name is ready, LoL.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by sukkot: 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
LordReed:

17 days and counting. Hope your new name is ready, LoL.
17 days is too long sef. wink

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by gnykelly(m): 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
why is it that we Nigerian don't travel to the US to copy their technology for national development just as the Chinese. only for us to secure visa to work and become citizens.

4 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Bachelor101: 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
Very funny experiences. But does all dis denying sh*t also happens in other countries emabassy?? Cos, got admission into a Cyprus uni and jst payed my tuition fee. Planning to go to abj for my student visa. Pls someone wit experience shld enlighten me on what to expect cos it my 1st time. Thanks in advance..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.