Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos (126833 Views)

Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: / How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
holamiday:
What nonsense! I pray throughout my life, i never have to beg someone for the chance to enter another country. I love Nigeria to a fault and i'm not freaked about anywhere else. If i really need to travel somewhere else, for school perhaps, i still wouldn't beg anybody...i'd rather forget about that school.

NIGERIA is the best place to be.

Is this ur embassy experience?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by achi4u(m): 10:28pm On Nov 05, 2014
Is there no any other way to enter US except through plane?
What of land traveling?
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
timpaker:
[b]Mine was last year September,
I was to attend a graduation party of a friend in New York. I applied for Visa through my the Abuja Office and when they called me for an interview, I wasn't feeling too well but went all the same. I stood for about 3 hours with empty stomach on a queue so long like cars during fuel scarcity.
A girl (a buttee) whom I was chatting saw the way I was leaning on the wall took pity/interest in me asked me what the matter was, and I told her I wasn't feeling too well and was hungry also. She told me to secure her line while she went to get me food but before she got back, my interview was over and my visa approved. I stood outside waiting for her while about 7 people had gone in and when she came back I told the people that she was on the queue before and that she just went to get me food - pointing to the food pack on my hand... for where, dem no gree.
She told me to eat my food that she'll handle it well. I started eating the rice and fish while chipping in points in their argument.
Long story short... She got angry and called someone from State House/VILLA and within 5 mins her name was called, she entered and didn't spend up to 5mins and her visa was approved. She came out booing the people on queue and decided to walk me to the car while I enquired why she didn't pull her connect from the beginning and allowing us stand that long. She smiled and said "At times you need to avoid showing off" (I don't know what she meant by that. She demanded we exchange contacts... Just when I stretched my hand to collect her phone.........I puked on her and those people on the queue just started laughing at us.
I just use shame enter my car zoom off.... grin
[/b]

Pls, remix this ur story.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by mcameo: 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
Some years back, my elder brother and his friend went to the US embassy in Lagos, for their visa, they said they saw a man, dressed like a king / Eze, with two guys using the long feather fans to fan him outside the waiting room, as soon as the guy came out, he was refused the visa, immediately the two guys hander over the guys and just left. grin

14 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by cashkid: 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
mcameo:
Some years back, my elder brother and his friend went to the US embassy in Lagos, for their visa, they said they saw a man, dressed like a king / Eze, with two guys using the long feather fans to fan him outside the waiting room, as soon as the guy came out, he was refused the visa, immediately the two guys hander over the guys and just left. grin
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by bigtt76(f): 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
E yaaa ....so na you? Why you come shun me naa? Been looking for you dearie kiss Hit me up your digits ....so happy I found you again grin

timpaker:
[b]Mine was last year September,
I was to attend a graduation party of a friend in New York. I applied for Visa through my the Abuja Office and when they called me for an interview, I wasn't feeling too well but went all the same. I stood for about 3 hours with empty stomach on a queue so long like cars during fuel scarcity.
A girl (a buttee) whom I was chatting saw the way I was leaning on the wall took pity/interest in me asked me what the matter was, and I told her I wasn't feeling too well and was hungry also. She told me to secure her line while she went to get me food but before she got back, my interview was over and my visa approved. I stood outside waiting for her while about 7 people had gone in and when she came back I told the people that she was on the queue before and that she just went to get me food - pointing to the food pack on my hand... for where, dem no gree.
She told me to eat my food that she'll handle it well. I started eating the rice and fish while chipping in points in their argument.
Long story short... She got angry and called someone from State House/VILLA and within 5 mins her name was called, she entered and didn't spend up to 5mins and her visa was approved. She came out booing the people on queue and decided to walk me to the car while I enquired why she didn't pull her connect from the beginning and allowing us stand that long. She smiled and said "At times you need to avoid showing off" (I don't know what she meant by that. She demanded we exchange contacts... Just when I stretched my hand to collect her phone.........I puked on her and those people on the queue just started laughing at us.
I just use shame enter my car zoom off.... grin
[/b]
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by AriDsexy(f): 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
fab04:

See lie.... Wallai if dem no see u for hell fire na because smoke cover u angry angry angry

Hahahaha,oh my world!Nairalanders and their mouth cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
eleko1:
undecided undecided undecided undecidedOtuoke sad undecided undecided
oh otuoke,abeokuta France. Bha
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
dorocanist:

hey Mister this is my 11th year here in the USA cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
when I first got here you were still a lil boy
whatever,I wasn't talking to you or mentioned your name in my post..or your conscience dey flog you?

3 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by balash(m): 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
kakiya:
I WAS THERE 2 DAYS BACK. THE COUNCILLOR DENIED ME VISA AFTER ANSWERING ÀLL HER QUESTIONS. SHE LOOKED AT MY BANK STATEMENT AND DO SOME FUNNY THINGS LOOKING AT THE WALL AND SAID I'M NOT ELIGIBLE. I FELT LIKE CRYING BUT ALL THE SAME I LEFT.

They would have given u visa if a senator interviewed you instead of the 'councillor' who did or probably a governor would have been better,

10 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by ojialo(m): 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
that lady na ode u work in an oil company yet u want to spend 8 long months in the US of A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by alexis007(m): 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
stevecrun:
Believe what ever you want to believe my man.

United States Consulate is not Aso Rock in Abuja,anybody can be there.I've been there,I went there saw and conquered,mind you..it was my first time.

If you got more rubbish in your mouth to spit out..meet me at the USA visa student thread.
bros,you for tell me directly say i dey jobless...make i FOLLOW you 4 yansh enter Us student thread?....bros,dat follow follow thing for work if to say we dey twitter....NEXT!
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Weezystar1(m): 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2014
XXXXXXXXXXX:
Pishure or Idon'tblivit..........
mad man this one no enter
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
byrron:

Is this ur embassy experience?
Who is this again? NO!!!
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by eleko1: 11:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
sad cool wink cheesy sad undecidedWrong route.take Okada from lyon,drop @ Aro gate. In Abeokuta,ask for baba Otuoke village.quote author=penquin post=27762961] oh otuoke,abeokuta France. Bha[/quote]
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
alexis007:
bros,you for tell me directly say i dey jobless...make i FOLLOW you 4 yansh enter Us student thread?....bros,dat follow follow thing for work if to say we dey twitter....NEXT!
BORING
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by fajen(m): 12:04am On Nov 06, 2014
[b][/b]I was denied january 17 dis year...I was not bothered and d nxt tin i did was to apply for canada visa n it was granted...so i made my trip to ontario via Delta airline n had stop over in atlanta in US..so my dream of goin to america was achieved... dem denied me buf I stil enta deir land witout dem visa.
If na me, I fit vex noor comot plane as them don denial me first am me too noor wan even go their land too. Let them know their country is just an option.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nemma(m): 12:19am On Nov 06, 2014
Could still recall my first interview... I got a denial... Its nothing to weep about. Moreover I thank God for where I am now.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by ajalaolanr(m): 12:23am On Nov 06, 2014
Mine is not about an experience , but for those of you willing to do anything to come to the states,do not try it if you do not have a valid reason to do so! If you want to run, trust me, you will be in hotter soup when you get here! I live here and I know this for a fact! the USA of today is a far cry from the USA of 10-20 yrs ago, a word is enough for the wise!

8 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by irokop(m): 12:39am On Nov 06, 2014
I beg Una Wetin Be Visa And where I Dey Carry ppl Go?
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by RaptorX: 12:41am On Nov 06, 2014
sukkot:
grin grin grin grin
Is these the same Obadiah?
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 06, 2014
AMEN grin grin
iamord:

*SHOE OF GOD*

People will rush for your shoe like its anointed handkerchief.!

*God of dotman2460* as this sole has opened. That's how my way will open as I go to the embassy*

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by sukkot: 12:45am On Nov 06, 2014
RaptorX:
Yessir. it is I wink
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by grandstar(m): 12:50am On Nov 06, 2014
bigtt76:
E yaaa ....so na you? Why you come shun me naa? Been looking for you dearie kiss Hit me up your digits ....so happy I found you again grin

its not you. you are not buttee!
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by dammilotun(m): 12:53am On Nov 06, 2014
ajalaolanr:
Mine is not about an experience , but for those of you willing to do anything to come to the states,do not try it if you do not have a valid reason to do so! If you want to run, trust me, you will be in hotter soup when you get here! I live here and I know this for a fact! the USA of today is a far cry from the USA of 10-20 yrs ago, a word is enough for the wise!
So true

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Atmmachine(m): 12:55am On Nov 06, 2014
The very day i got to U.s, I vowed never to come back to Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 06, 2014
Weezystar1:
mad man this one no enter

See me see akue beef ne?? Seeing is believing!!! Weezy weezy! U too dey sneeze!!!
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 06, 2014
byrron:

I tell you!!!
I give you 3 options:

1. Remix am well
2. Post Picture
3. Delete this post kia kia!!!

Anyways, you no try sha.... Dem dey find you for village! grin !
[/quote]

I tell you!!!
I give you 3 options:

1. Remix am well
2. Post Picture
3. Delete this post kia kia!!!

Anyways, you no try sha.... Dem dey find you for village!
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by iamord(m): 12:59am On Nov 06, 2014
PinkObsession:
AMEN grin grin

Come back with testimonies
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 06, 2014
Atmmachine:
The very day i got to U.s, I vowed never to come back to Nigeria

You see your life!!! Na una dey cause wahala for "good" people!!!

Anyways, wetin you go find dia?? cheesy
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by bigfrancis21: 1:03am On Nov 06, 2014
voltron:
my funny (not funny for the applicant though) experience was watching some dude from the east. answering one question.

1: You said you own a farm, what is the value in naira? JAMB question grin grin grin the dude kept going, it is a farm and i make plenty money on it. it is in millions of naira. it is bigger than this embassy sef. grin grin in my mind i was like, just give the guy a figure between N10-N15 million

I think the key to getting a US visa most times is your Financial Standing when filling out the application. my interview lasted 3 minutes and the interviewer told me my visa has been approved and to pick it up at this address in VI. I never had the chance to show him my carefully packed documents. strange. i thought it was a prank. i actually thought i had been denied until i got to DHL office to pick it up. my Wife was even heavily pregnant and the questions he asked were

1: have you been out of Nigeria as a family -YES
2: Do you plan to give birth in the US - YES
3: have you made arrangements -NO i plan to if i get the visa but I have made calls

scanned our finger prints and that was it.

One thing many visa applicants don't know is the US embassy already performs inside background checks on visa applicants and suggest approval/denial way before the interview date. For some applicants with suggested approval, the interview process will just be formalities and the grant will be brief and quick with the VO asking you for little or no documents whatsoever, leaving you wondering at the magic that just occurred. The VO has the final say though. For some with already suggested denial, the VO will try their best to give a fair interview, and for such applicants they would have to work extra hard to impress the VO otherwise, and make the VO overturn the suggested denial already hanging over the applicant's profile. The VO is sort of the final judge and the interview itself the final court case where the applicant has to prove himself not 'guilty as charged'. During visa interviews, once your profile comes up there are past records of your previous visa interviews, if any, and/or comments/notes left on your profile suggesting likely outcomes.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by sukkot: 1:08am On Nov 06, 2014
RaptorX:
my bros what is your old name ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.