Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos (126823 Views)

Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: / How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hahahahahaa so funny. Why would people even travel when they have no genuine reason of traveling ?
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Abbey2sam(m): 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
ElijahFobs:
I was denied january 17 dis year...I was not bothered and d nxt tin i did was to apply for canada visa n it was granted...so i made my trip to ontario via Delta airline n had stop over in atlanta in US..so my dream of goin to america was achieved... dem denied me buf I stil enta deir land witout dem visa.

funny
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by alexis007(m): 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
timisnup:

Chai! See your life outside.... You can lie for africa. I've bn to UAE embassy in nigeria, there's no section for interview there. Go sleep bro. No come here dey booboo us abegi
see you....you are talking as if you've entered every room in that embassy...abi your own father na the consular-general?(sticks out tongue)
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
My own funny experience..was middle of this year when I went to the lagos consulate for my F1 visa and that morning cos of the rush from home and tension being my first time.

I wore my shoes wrongly,the left shoe on my right leg and the right shoe on my left leg. After the security check..I noticed it and was so embarrassed of myself.I changed it..when I sat down waiting for my number to be called up.

For those that have never been there..its not easy there.The tension there no be small thing..there are people with genuine reasons that want to leave the country..And for those saying they can die for Nigeria..they are those that have applied for the USA visa lottery in the past..

10 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by dammilotun(m): 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
[b][/b]
Eugenedimgba:
bros,i think you just lied.How the hell did you hear the conversation when you are supposed to be SAT,PRAYING to God and waiting for your turn? Pls there's no way you could have possibly heard that conversation if u weren't standing beside her.
When you pray do you actually need to lose your ability to hear plus lemme know when you get to the hall to be interviewed in lagos in case you find a seat in front before your number is displayed on the screen kindly gist us on your deaf and dumb prayer experience...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
bj2012golf:

CONGRATULATIONS!

My wife and I are scheduled for interview to renewal of our visas thursday next week, she's pregnant and we plan to have our baby in US. Yours is an indication that obtaining the US visa is grace n favour, not just by getting Doctor's letter of responsibility etc

Congratulations in advance.. it is well with you and your family

7 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by alexis007(m): 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
who do you so?....hmmm...i bow for this english wey wan give me headache
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Bibankee: 7:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
I had my interview in Abuja. Sat next to this nosy woman and her sister outside the waiting room. I was so embarrased when she commented on one of my documents saying to her sister "See, this one dey go join husband, my own visa class better sef." Who asked you? Eish i was so put off but kept my calm, moved my document far from her gaze. She then said to her sister "she dey cover book like secondary school sef." Okay! i confirmed she is a pathological gossip who just couldn't keep quiet lipsrsealed

She was called before me and was asked about her purpose of visit. She claimed to work for an NGO focused on women empowerment and that she wants to attend a conference, consular officer asked about her specific role in the NGO, she started stammering "you know...we make women's lives better, we empo, empowww,empooooowerrrr woooomen...well the officer got impatient and denied her. I was startled because she had so much to say while waiting, perhaps if she had been preparing her mind for the interview(not being a nosy-nety), she would have been in the right frame of mind to answer questions more confidently.

Well, I was called next and was asked when i met my husband, his job over there,how many countries i have been to,my educational background, what plans i have when I join him.Then the consular officer looked through my documents. It was a pleasant interview as the consular was even suggesting ways to make my stay worthwhile. Well, it was nothing but God's favour, i give him praise!

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
I was there a week back around 6:30am. We all waited patiently for the first interview and hoped that if his/her visa was granted the goodluck would rub off on the rest of us....for where?

It was a lady and her interview took place in booth 7. She claimed that she was going to attend a seminar sponsored by a company she distributes for here in Nigeria. After the VO found her not eligible for the visa, he was about handing over her documents when the lady said, "Oga, please hold on to it, my interview can't be over". Then VO repeated that "you are ineligible", while he was saying this, the lady keep on explaining how many clients she has, how much she makes... vo repeated himself, Lady also repeated her self. At that point everyone laughed so hard. The lady left a few seconds later.

My own unusual experience.

Same day as above. While waiting in line outside, I discovered that I was feeling some fresh air around my toes, on both feet. When I looked down, the sole of my shoe was coming off from the front. Horror!!! I've not even entered the Consulate yet. Why me? With each step I took, more of the sole was coming off, got to a point I couldn't lift my feet to walk, I dragged them, I was already in the interviewing area at this point.

I kept on praying for this little incidence not to cause any visa denial. It didn't. After it was approved, I majestically walked out with half of the sole of my shoe gone. When people waiting outside saw me, there laughed, and I thought within myself......"dey laugh me, make you no go face your own interview"

Dont worry my Brother, you are at least way-off better than JoinaTAN than didnt have shoes and now wants to stop you from wearing shoes as well

4 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Fayrouzz(m): 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
I was there a week back around 6:30am. We all waited patiently for the first interview and hoped that if his/her visa was granted the goodluck would rub off on the rest of us....for where?

It was a lady and her interview took place in booth 7. She claimed that she was going to attend a seminar sponsored by a company she distributes for here in Nigeria. After the VO found her not eligible for the visa, he was about handing over her documents when the lady said, "Oga, please hold on to it, my interview can't be over". Then VO repeated that "you are ineligible", while he was saying this, the lady keep on explaining how many clients she has, how much she makes... vo repeated himself, Lady also repeated her self. At that point everyone laughed so hard. The lady left a few seconds later.

Same day as above. While waiting in line outside, I discovered that I was feeling some fresh air around my toes, on both feet. When I looked down, the sole of my shoe was coming off from the front. Horror!!! I've not even entered the Consulate yet. Why me? With each step I took, more of the sole was coming off, got to a point I couldn't lift my feet to walk, I dragged them, I was already in the interviewing area at this point.

I kept on praying for this little incidence not to cause any visa denial. It didn't. After it was approved, I majestically walked out with half of the sole of my shoe gone. When people waiting outside saw me, there laughed, and I thought within myself......"dey laugh me, make you no go face your own interview"
I can fix that shoe for you..

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by alexis007(m): 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
stevecrun:
My own funny experience..was middle of this year when I went to the lagos consulate for my F1 visa and that morning cos of the rush from home and tension being my first time.

I wore my shoes wrongly,the left shoe on my right leg and the right shoe on my left leg. After the security check..I noticed it and was so embarrassed of myself.I changed it..when I sat down waiting for my number to be called up.

For those that have never been there..its not easy there.The tension there no be small thing..there are people with genuine reasons that want to leave the country..And for those saying they can die for Nigeria..they are those that have applied for the USA visa lottery in the past..
people like this guy i quoted are the reason why i old my 'UAE' lie....everybody now wants to claim 'i've been to an embassy b4'.....do you tink peoplego to the embassy to buy ticket that would enable them travel from Lagos to their village?....I just don't believe this particular story:no one would wear his shoes on the wrong feet feel comfortable for more than 5 minutes,let alone travel around town for hours only to notice after something as trivial as a security check

11 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by timisnup(m): 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
alexis007:
see you....you are talking as if you've entered every room in that embassy...abi your own father na the consular-general?(sticks out tongue)
You've neva enta abuja b4 talkless of embassy, you come dey lie for us hear. Mumu osi

4 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
Na wa oo, is it still this difficult to US visa in Nigeria?? grin grin
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by lurge(m): 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
Funny tales indeed. From these stories all I see is Nigerians are their own enemies. For God's sake you all want to travel out of the country and you go to the embassy to quarrel and abuse people and even try to ensure you're the only one who gets a visa . What happened to minding your own business? No wonder Nigerians abroad say they avoid each other.
I never apply for visa before as there's no reason to travel yet but when I wan travel them go approve am.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Vivipop(f): 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.lmao!
fab04:

See lie.... Wallai if dem no see u for hell fire na because smoke cover u angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Vivipop(f): 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
grin grin grin grin oh!,how I love nairaland. Laughter indeed is the best medcine for stress.#can'tstoplaughing#.
fab04:

See lie.... Wallai if dem no see u for hell fire na because smoke cover u angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
obaede:
I just pray that one day, Americans (and the world) will be struggling to get visa into our dear country. What u called funny might not be really funny to some people. I just hope that things get better here in Naija so the number of applicants will be reduced. God bless America too, no easy to build a strong country.

It is possible reading through how hard ut is for people to get their Nigerian passport renewed in our embassies abroad.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
Bibankee:
I had my interview in Abuja. Sat next to this nosy woman and her sister outside the waiting room. I was so embarrased when she commented on one of my documents saying to her sister "See, this one dey go join husband, my own visa class better sef." Who asked you? Eish i was so put off but kept my calm, moved my document far from her gaze. She then said to her sister "she dey cover book like secondary school sef." Okay! i confirmed she is a pathological gossip who just couldn't keep quiet lipsrsealed

She was called before me and was asked about her purpose of visit. She claimed to work for an NGO focused on women empowerment and that she wants to attend a conference, consular officer asked about her specific role in the NGO, she started stammering "you know...we make women's lives better, we empo, empowww,empooooowerrrr woooomen...well the officer got impatient and denied her. I was startled because she had so much to say while waiting, perhaps if she had been preparing her mind for the interview(not being a nosy-nety), she would have been in the right frame of mind to answer questions more confidently.

Well, I was called next and was asked when i met my husband, his job over there,how many countries i have been to,my educational background, what plans i have when I join him.Then the consular officer looked through my documents. It was a pleasant interview as the consular was even suggesting ways to make my stay worthwhile. Well, it was nothing but God's favour, i give him praise!

You applied to "join" your husband and your interview was at the abuja consulate? This is NOT POSSIBLE as only the Lagos consulate process immigrant family visas!!!!!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by jaybee3(m): 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
Mesef wan go yankee ooo

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by austinbrown: 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
ogaofficer:
guy you still dey school cos i go cum france in two wiks tym. Teamweschooledinfrance
if u enter u holla
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by austinbrown: 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nogen:

Il y a des gens qui comprennent et parlent bien français monsieur. Raconte- nous de ton expérience à l'ambassade américaine s'il vous plaît! grin
u r drunk
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 8:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
Eugenedimgba:
bros,i think you just lied.How the hell did you hear the conversation when you are supposed to be sat,praying to God and waiting for your turn? Pls there's no way you could have possibly heard that conversation if u weren't standing beside her.

You are kidding right? You don't need to be too close to hear thr conversation.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nogen: 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
austinbrown:
u r drunk

we drank it together!
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Afritop(m): 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:

Crocodile shoe

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
jaybee3:
Mesef wan go yankee ooo
yankee visas don finish

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Yeah right. Tell me you didn't apply for the visa lottery when Nigeria was still eligible. Una too dey lie.
I know 2 people like you. 10 years ago, they said they don't need to leave Nigeria and don't care about the U.S. One of them now lives in Baltimore, the other in New York. Naija people too dey misyarn
I don't understand your reasoning. I'm not saying i can't apply for a visa or i can't go to America. I'm saying i can't go as far as begging the interviewer for that visa.

& mind you, i'm not even sure i know what a visa lottery is.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
TS2:

Ok lemme re-phrase. Kai all these people that are already expectant of visa debial somewhere in their subconscious.
Oga na you sabi

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
alexis007:
people like this guy i quoted are the reason why i told my 'UAE' lie....everybody now wants to claim 'i've been to an embassy b4'.....do you think people go to the embassy to buy ticket that would enable them travel from Lagos to their village?....I just don't believe this particular story:no one would wear his shoes on the wrong feet and feel comfortable for more than 5 minutes,let alone travel around town for hours only to notice after something as trivial as a security check...oya come sit beside me and let's watch as those gullible Nl members believe our story

Why not check through his previous post than just conclude? You don't know him so why would you think he is lying?
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Bibankee: 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
dorocanist:

You applied to "join" your husband and your interview was at the abuja consulate? This is NOT POSSIBLE as only the Lagos consulate process immigrant family visas!!!!!!!

Check your facts! You don't insist in ignorance!

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.