Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) (21356 Views)

Law School Staff In Accident In Edo State. (See Photos) / Female AAU Student Crushed To Death In Edo State (see Photo) / Planned Massive Extortion By Traffic Enforcement Agencies In The United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by lilprinze: 11:29am On Nov 06, 2014
APC governors always looking for a way to extort people.

2 Likes

Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by james669: 11:30am On Nov 06, 2014
ok
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 06, 2014
[quote author=solomonslones post=27746487]last week I parked my vehicle in a place that had no "no parking" sign & There was another vehicle parked in my front with a police license plate
I barely spent 20mins in the office I went to, when I came out my vehicle had been towed.
Luckily for me their office was not so far off, got there and explained to the man who seem to be incharge, he claimed that, that was a no parking zone, I asked him how he expected me to know without the no parking sign, his response was "everyone knows"
he directed me to another woman to attend to me, she charged me N25,000, stating that 20,000 was for my offense & 5,000 was for the tow truck.
Long story short ended up paying N10,000. When I asked for receipt they handed the money back to me & asked that I go pay the 25,000, then I'll have a receipt. I paid the N10,000 & drove off
Points to note
1. Selective justice:why didn't they tow the vehicle in my front(note it wasn't a utility van or a patrol van)
2. They deflated my tires despite the fact they had a well fortified gate(the Vulcanizer initially charged me N400 for 2tires, ended up paying N200) why should I pay for this?
3.Everyone knows what the official fines are for FRSC but EDSTMA does not show you any official list of fines to be paid( so how do I know I'm not being ripped off)
There were so many cars there with lots of shouting, threats & pleas majority of the offenders there were wrong parking & violation of traffic light, none paid less than N5000
I read in a vanguard article where the Governor said that violators of tragic light should be detained for at least 2hrs, I don't know if there are any fines attached to it but when you get to their office, you must pay
If truly the pen is mightier than the sword, I hereby plead with all to help me pass the message to the appropriate authorities that:
1. The public should be informed on the extent of the powers of EDSTMA(I have tried searching the bill enabling them, I haven't found any)
2. The public should be informed of the official fines to be paid so that when arrested, you will not be ripped off
3.A platform should be created for the public to report erring officials of EDSTMA
Thanks
[/quote
Bros don't u know that theft corruption blackmail extortion and every evil thing u can think off has been legalized in nigeria
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by M4gunners: 11:32am On Nov 06, 2014
solomonslones:
last week I parked my vehicle in a place that had no "no parking" sign & There was another vehicle parked in my front with a police license plate

I barely spent 20mins in the office I went to, when I came out my vehicle had been towed.

Luckily for me their office was not so far off, got there and explained to the man who seem to be incharge, he claimed that, that was a no parking zone, I asked him how he expected me to know without the no parking sign, his response was "everyone knows"

he directed me to another woman to attend to me, she charged me N25,000, stating that 20,000 was for my offense & 5,000 was for the tow truck.

Long story short ended up paying N10,000. When I asked for receipt they handed the money back to me & asked that I go pay the 25,000, then I'll have a receipt. I paid the N10,000 & drove off

Points to note

1. Selective justice:why didn't they tow the vehicle in my front(note it wasn't a utility van or a patrol van)

2. They deflated my tires despite the fact they had a well fortified gate(the Vulcanizer initially charged me N400 for 2tires, ended up paying N200) why should I pay for this?

3.Everyone knows what the official fines are for FRSC but EDSTMA does not show you any official list of fines to be paid( so how do I know I'm not being ripped off)

There were so many cars there with lots of shouting, threats & pleas majority of the offenders there were wrong parking & violation of traffic light, none paid less than N5000

I read in a vanguard article where the Governor said that violators of tragic light should be detained for at least 2hrs, I don't know if there are any fines attached to it but when you get to their office, you must pay

If truly the pen is mightier than the sword, I hereby plead with all to help me pass the message to the appropriate authorities that:

1. The public should be informed on the extent of the powers of EDSTMA(I have tried searching the bill enabling them, I haven't found any)

2. The public should be informed of the official fines to be paid so that when arrested, you will not be ripped off

3.A platform should be created for the public to report erring officials of EDSTMA

Thanks
Op i only have one thing against you on this matter. So you bribe them abi? Pay 25k get receipt you refused and paid 10k without . This is for me as bribing. Anyway sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by AJOT99(m): 11:33am On Nov 06, 2014
Hmmm...
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 06, 2014
Just like you op, av fallen victim. And my question was how on earth i'm i supose to know i shouldnt park here when theres no sign? . Oshomole has to do something about this. The laws are ambiguous.
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by MacluvPH(m): 11:47am On Nov 06, 2014
What do you expect from a state controlled by APC, the governor as indidvidual maybe good but the APC machineries around him are really showing what they will do if they take over power at the federal level.you can hardly see this rubbish in Akwa Ibom state another place you can see this rubbish is in Rivers state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by emestephen595(m): 11:51am On Nov 06, 2014
It happens in Calabar too. I was also a victim.
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 06, 2014
M4gunners:
Op i only have one thing against you on this matter. So you bribe them abi? Pay 25k get receipt you refused and paid 10k without . This is for me as bribing. Anyway sorry for the inconvenience.

you dont get it? do you

these guys do it in such a way that you will be confused. they mention an outrageous amount and you will have no choice than to negotiate.

they charge you based on the kind of car you use, your dressing, it almost boils down to KYC(know your customer)

the lady told me she considered me because i dressed responsibly and i didnt look like a trouble maker, there was a man that was ranting(his offense was violation of traffic light), they told him to pay N15,000

he later calmed down and had a word with one of the superior officers, who then told the woman to charge him N5000 and that he should go pay it into zenith bank(meaning this is official)

I don't believe that the official government fee for impound and violation of traffic light will be that high. that's why i want to know the official fines, that way nobody will be ripped off

I think FRSC impound fine is N3000(i stand to be corrected), why should that of the state now be higher than the minimum wage

what is their sole objective? To ensure sanity on our roads or revenue generation?
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by Acidosis(m): 11:55am On Nov 06, 2014
'LAST'MA wannabie..

Same extortion agency
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by synergycom19: 11:56am On Nov 06, 2014
Edo is the worst of everything,including there police and local with state revenue officials,they are all extortionist
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by Acidosis(m): 11:56am On Nov 06, 2014
MacluvPH:
What do you expect from a state controlled by APC, the governor as indidvidual maybe good but the APC machineries around him are really showing what they will do if they take over power at the federal level.you can hardly see this rubbish in Akwa Ibom state another place you can see this rubbish is in Rivers state.

and Kano
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by BruzMoney(m): 11:58am On Nov 06, 2014
We call people like that ALATENUJE in my language[
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 06, 2014
the annoying thing sometimes is that they wait prey for you, sometimes there are no signage so you cant tell, they will be within your view, they wont tell you dont park here or dont take here.

since you saw them and you they didnt say anything, you take it that you are right, only for them to pounce on you

the public dont like them, they assault them alot

me, i'm not out for violence, make the public know what they are empowered to do and what the fines are!!
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by kenlash1(m): 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
I was unjustly accused by d hooligans some weeks bck at ringroad, wen they saw my car carries delta number plate. At d end of d day I parted with 1k wch stl pains me. Their excesses shld be checked , its getting appalling that d ppl now see it as normal

1 Like

Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
slimmy05:
APC ways of generating fraudulent funds
abba moro would disagree
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by Awho(m): 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
Oshojinger in action.

Please guys vote for #Rokiatu in the on going miss nairaland pargent. Voting starts by 10am-6pm daily. Vote today and you'll be glad you did. Thanks from #Team Rokiatu
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by yorke1: 12:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
This is the same thing Lagosians are experiencing in the hands of LASMA and Touts employed by Lagos state Government to ripe off Nigerians . I got my voter card already the only change we need is to vote APC out!

2 Likes

Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by 4site4: 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
diaris God oo they should get rid of every filthy habit and all wicked conduct it can't help them
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by ochiosa(m): 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
deebee13:
I rest my case with kano state karota guys! Those guys are worse dan d devil himself. So bad, dat some people prefer to take public transportation, dan drive their own car! Too much injustice in Nigeria!
Checkout port-harcourt they are number one their bribe starts from 20k while official ie pay into their account starts from 50k and the account names are individuals not govt.

1 Like

Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by oge966: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
That is the system we have in Nigeria and it is rather unfortunate
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by Zammydagreat(m): 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
angry I dislike them ...especially the once close to kada plaza @ that roundabout....on a very good day I'll do Drive-by with my uzi angry

2 Likes

Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by Tex42(m): 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]Tinubu=LEADER OF THE PARK[THIEVING GOVS]

Oshiomhole and others=DOGS

Tinubu=CAESAR MILAN
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by otokx(m): 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
MacluvPH:

How many industries are in Akwa Ibom? The population is small and cars are so few so extorting the public will not be profitable.
Re: Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) by EvilSeeed: 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
solomonslones:
last week I parked my vehicle in a place that had no "no parking" sign & There was another vehicle parked in my front with a police license plate

Points to note

Thanks

[b]Points I noted..

1. O.P parked illegally and got his car towed..

2. O.P paid a Bribe and demanded a reciept for the bribe as if it was a constitutional right.. grin

3. O.P willing participated in the crime of Bribery.

O.P's complaints addressed..

1. O.P thinks the fact that they towed his car and left the other 'police' tagged vehicle equals 'selective Justice'.. What he does not realise is that No illegality was perpertuated.. The officials resevre the right to tow any veihicle at their discretion according to available logistics. Meaning; They had only one towing Van, so they towed only 1 vehicle which just happens to belong to the OP.

2. The Deflated tyres are a part of the standard operations procedure.

3. If you were not shown the fine chart, why then did you pay?! You reserve the right to contest every fine in Court, but O.P rather paid a bribe.

FINALLY:: OP is part of the rot in our society.. You commited an offence, got your car impounded, was told the official fine that he would have paid to a bank and helped the internal revenue of the state and yet opted to pay a bribe.. Then turns around to call on Oshomole to play the victim.. angry

Shey if I slap you now people go say EDSTMA officials are heartless. angry[/b]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) / How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo / Avoid These 5 Things That Can Damage Your Car – Innoson Motors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.