Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality (21888 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 4:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

Lucky you cheesy

Even Omo T our supposed role model is not in the kitchen tongue
omo t that her husband goes grocery shopping for grin

These guys can't cope with a woman half the weight of omotola. See them jubilating

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 4:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
That's her opinion, just like everyone else she is entitled to her own. So must the world come to an end because Omotola is not in support of gender equality? undecided
Omotola is a very popular person, who knows you? Her opinion counts a lot. She is rich famous and even submissive. What a woman! She is worth her weight in gold.

God purnish gender equality! Lazy women! This is a woman that can afford marrying 15 men, but lays low before her husband- virtuous woman. When people like Linda Ikeji are making opulence look easy, some sit and type gibberish with the phone purchased by their MAGArin.
I will love to cook and sweep for a women like omotola and mercy johnson- true role models unlike Rihanna and lady gaga that expose their nudes online.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
lightoftruth:

If really u meant what you said, your type of girls is the reason why I don't want to marry and sadly 95% of present day girl are like you. SMH
well marriage clearly is the beginning and end of your life
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
well im not really bothered by it because I find it quite redundant that a person who does not believe in gender equality would still promote the equal treatment of all human beings before the law cheesy

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/omotola-jalade-ekeinde-on-child-marriage/

how can you call for "justice and equity" when you don't believe in gender equality then? How can one promote justice and still claim that she doesn't believe in equality of all genders. Is justice not treating everyone equally before the law? you can never understand some people carefreewannabe grin

but the again this is Africa, equality means a whole new different thing. Gender Equality= women oppressing men. grin

To me, omotola doesnt know the meaning of gender equality. even in a blog where this her view was posted, a lot of comments criticised her and had to help her define what Gender equality is to her. well, to each one his own o.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Omotola is a very popular person, who knows you? Her opinion counts a lot. She is rich famous and even submissive. What a woman! She is worth her weight in gold.

God purnish gender equality! Lazy women! This is a woman that can afford marrying 15 men, but lays low before her husband- virtuous woman. When people like Linda Ikeji are making opulence look easy, some sit and type gibberish with the phone purchased by their MAGArin.
I will love to cook and sweep for a women like omotola and mercy johnson- true role models unlike Rihanna and lady gaga that expose their nudes online.
Misogynist means someone who hates or mistrusts women, yet you still talk about marrying one. if this is not stupi.dity at its peak I don't know what else is.

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

To me, omotola doesnt know the meaning of gender equality. even in a blog where this her view was posted, a lot of comments criticised her and had to help her define what Gender equality is to her. well, to each one his own o.
exactly!
someone tell me how justice and equity can exist if "equal treatment for all" is taken out of the equation

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

Lucky you cheesy

Even Omo T our supposed role model is not in the kitchen tongue
she is an interesting character. she spends most of her time going around the world, pursuing her career, instead of catering for the needs of her family personally and she will come and shout "I know my place as a women" grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Talon05: 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

The frst few comments in the first page have described her to be so. And the comments were made out of ignorance/no knowledge of whom omotola really is. I dnt have time to go back and forth with anybody becos its pointless. Her marriage has lasted this long because her husband is veeeery understanding and doesnt envy her success. Can you say the same of most men today? I do not envy her success at all. what is there to envy? i admire women who are successful and independent. I only made my comments to let others know that Omotola's husband has some baggage to endure from her. its more of tolerance from her husband than from her thats keeping the marriage going. A typical nigerian man with huge ego would remain married to an actress by the grace of God, with a lot of maturity and understanding. we all know the kind of lives these actresses, even married actresses live so lets stop pretending not to.

And please, no time for back and forth with you.
Yh no back and forth but quick question, it seems you know her and her family intimately, are you family?, friend of the family or neighbour or are you a colleague?. I really want to know pls.

Thanks dear, can I call you dear? grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
justirich:
“I don’t believe in gender equality. I do not believe that God made man and woman to be equal in any way. I believe that in every organised institution, there is always a head and an assistant. It doesn’t mean that one should take the other for granted, or disrespect the other. I believe the husband is the head of the home and the wife is an assistant."

"My husband is a pilot, I have flown with him several times and I understood that here is a captain and a co-pilot. They are both responsible for the passengers’ lives. But when there is a final decision to make, it is up to the captain to make it. He is more experienced and the one with the responsibility.”

“When there is a quarrel, I usually apologise first. He doesn’t say sorry. Overtime, I have come to realise that it is an ego problem. Even when he knows he is wrong, he will rather do every other thing or buy things for me than say, ‘I’m sorry.’ Fortunately, the ‘sorrys’ are not too many. He is very responsible and more hardworking than me. By God’s grace, we have been able to understand our routine.”

Opinion:
Are you surprised that her marriage has lasted so long and will continue forever? I'm not implying that women should be subjugated but most modern ladies try to take the God-given place of their man hence so many crashed marriages nowadays.

Pls drop your concurrences or disagreements below. #1luv

@red
Are husbands more experienced in everything? I am sure, they are not.

Imagine a husband, who is a doctor is married to a woman, who is a teacher.

If their child is sick, he will know better what to do. When it comes to choosing the right school, the wife will be better suited to make the decision.

It is too simplistic to say that a husband knows everything better.

It would be much smarter to make use of the husband and wife's talents and abilities in each and every situation accordingly.
Sometimes the husband has all that it takes to make the right decision, other times the wife will be the better decision-maker.
It is called pragmatism.

Instead of giving someone the right to make the final decision based on gender, we should let people make final decision based on their expertise, experience and talent.

@green

It is funny that she says that her husband has ego issues. grin grin grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by tmosco(m): 4:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Justice and equity everywhere but not in their own homes. grin

She is not complaining and she is happy with her marriage. Isn't feminist all about women making dere decisions by dem self. Seriously don't understand nl feminist.

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

She wants equality for women in every aspect but not at home.

I am wondering where she wants girls to be taught that they are equal to men at school, work and in politics if not at home. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 4:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Omotola should be deprived of her right to vote for sharing this crap.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
she is an interesting character. she spends most of her time going around the world, pursuing her career, instead of catering for the needs of her family personally and she will come and shout "I know my place as a women" grin

Hehehehe. What she is doing is the exact opposite of what she claims. A comment said she knows her place and bukatyne asked the person what is her place or the place of a woman. Na im the person vex. no fit answer her question. This is why i feel that her husband is being very permissive towards her as compared to how some men here beating chest would towards their own wives. I wonder if they could marry someone like her and be this permissive. Ive been asking one here since morning. e no wan answer me. Guess they are confused. grin grin grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
tmosco:

She is not complaining and she is happy with her marriage. Isn't feminist all about women making dere decisions by dem self. Seriously don't understand nl feminist.

Have I said she was unhappy?

There are decisions that you have to make for yourself even when you are married. This does not mean that you cannot discuss them with your partner.

There are decisions that you have to make together.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
I didn't know that a woman's place according to our African cultural values was, " engaging in amorous physical contact with numerous men, all in the name of acting", "promoting equal treatment of a girl child in society" and spending more time pursuing your career than you do bringing up your own children.

at least now I know grin

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
@crackhaus, you keep harping on someone looking up to Emma Watson as not ideal but I tell you,age has nothing to do with stuff like this. Emma May very well be more knowledgeable about life than some 30 year olds. No be una dey talk say age is not a number?

Just 2days ago an 18 year old girl got into the house of law makers as the youngest law maker in the history of this state. It was all over the news. She beat big older MEN and women to get in there. Had to put college on hold first to serve her tenure and then to continue her education later.

When ppl have distinguished themselves,then maybe you should just ignore their age and listen to them when they speak.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by lightoftruth: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
Stillfire:

Buhaha you still want to breed with something as shallow as myself? What does that say of you? So the itch in your groin must be scratched whether you hate women or not. grin grin grin

Yes it needs to be scratched that is the sad truth. I don't have option and more over that's your/yourkind only purpose and usefulness in life ...don't claim equality with me or with my my kind ............if I and my kind should are left to do the toasting (asking out), paying the bills , asking you and yourkind hands in marriage, paying pride price .....etc.....it goes on and on....now after all that you claim equality, please base on what grounds ?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Hehehehe. What she is doing is the exact opposite of what she claims. A comment said she knows her place and bukatyne asked the person what is her place or the place of a woman. Na im the person vex. no fit answer her question. This is why i feel that her husband is being very permissive towards her as compared to how some men here beating chest would towards their own wives. I wonder if they could marry someone like her and be this permissive. Ive been asking one here since morning. e no wan answer me. Guess they are confused. grin grin grin
they just want to make noise and trash women to boast their self-esteem and little egos, don't mind them!

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
lightoftruth:

Yes it needs to be scratched that is the sad truth. I don't have option and more over that's your/yourkind only purpose and usefulness in life ...don't claim equality with me or with my my kind ............if I and my kind should are left to do the toasting (asking out), paying the bills , asking you and yourkind hands in marriage, paying pride price .....etc.....it goes on and on....now after all that you claim equality, please base on what grounds ?

@bold

Who asks you do this?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by tmosco(m): 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
I am beginning 2 understand nl feminists from dere comments. Most of dem don't av responsible male role models in their lives dat why dey don't understand d meaning of som1 being d head of a family. So why dey see som1 who understand wat marriage is b4 entering into it in order 2 av an happy life, dey become jealous.

5 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Inyanya, Psquare, Flavour and all the male celebrity ain't fluanting their abs to seduce women bah?

Bye. smiley
Like I said before, you have no point - for these three names you mention, I can name at least 10female celebrities selling their sexuality.
And if you go further to name another 3males, I will name another 10females cheesy

Besides, you won't see/hear Inyanya or Flavour complaining that they are being objectified or that women only want to sleep with them.
Can you say the same of females?
If a young man jumps on Tiwa Savage to grab her azz on stage, she will scream harassment and be acting like that's not what she intended - to be desirable.

What's your point?

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
tmosco:
I am beginning 2 understand nl feminists from dere comments. Most of dem don't av responsible male role models in their lives dat why dey don't understand d meaning of som1 being d head of a family. So why dey see som1 who understand wat marriage is b4 entering into it in order 2 av an happy life, dey become jealous.

And you have come to this conclusion how exactly?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 5:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
another woman who does half of what omotola does with a less liberal husband will be termed an evil anti family feminist. But hey omo t has a husband who let's her be herself. Leave her kids and trot the globe. Spend nights in different hotels alone or with Colleagues, hire cooks and house keepers and every other thing that makes other women evil. With such a husband,she can afford to be anything she wants to be and take any stance she wants to take.

I would love to read her opinion again if the husband had been the quit your career and face the home kind of man.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
cococandy:
another woman who does half of what omotola does with a less liberal husband will be termed an evil anti family feminist. But hey omo t has a husband who let's her be herself. Leave her kids and trot the globe. Spend nights in different hotels alone or with Colleagues, hire cooks and house keepers and every other thing that makes other women evil. With such a husband,she can afford to be anything she wants to be and take any stance she wants to take.

I would love to read her opinion again if the husband had been the quit your career and face the home kind of man.

@bold

She, as a submissive wife, and an obedient co-pilot would quit her job immediately and follow he husband's final decision. grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
I didn't know that a woman's place according to our African cultural values was, " engaging in amorous physical contact with numerous men, all in the name of acting", "promoting equal treatment of a girl child in society" and spending more time pursuing your career than you do bringing up your own children.

at least now I know grin

This is the reaaaaaaal definition of a true african woman. hehehehhehehe. Not that useless epistle colored in red and blue we saw yesterday about keeping an african man. grin grin grin grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2014
tmosco:

our issue is that you are the ones who don't know the meaning of the "head of a family" to most of you, having a pennnis is all that's needed to qualify as the "head of the family". Our argument is that what determines that a person is the "head of the family" is his character actions and not his gender.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
cococandy:
@crackhaus, you keep harping on someone looking up to Emma Watson as not ideal but I tell you,age has nothing to do with stuff like this. Emma May very well be more knowledgeable about life than some 30 year olds. No be una dey talk say age is not a number?

Just 2days ago an 18 year old girl got into the house of law makers as the youngest law maker in the history of this state. It was all over the news. She beat big older MEN and women to get in there. Had to put college on hold first to serve her tenure and then to continue her education later.

When ppl have distinguished themselves,then maybe you should just ignore their age and listen to them when they speak.
Lmao... cococandy please. cheesycheesy

Emma Watson has distinguished herself in what?
Do I look like someone who watches/watched Harry Potter movies?
When Angelina Jolie is there to talk about life and choices, you're telling me to pay heed to a little girl? You must be kidding.

Let's not even go that far, how many successful and accomplished women in Nigeria do you hear preaching feminism?
Emma Watson now knows more than they do huh? cheesycheesy

Talking about being distinguished, is Omotola not distinguished enough for y'all to listen to her?

Please don't make me laugh.

5 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by zeb04(f): 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hahahahhaha these men are angry.
The truth is bitter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by tmosco(m): 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

And you have come to this conclusion how exactly?

If dey actually av a male role model,dey will know hw a man is suppose 2 behave,respect and love not control d woman. Because dey don't av dey decided 2 always do wat dey want, 2 wrong don't make right.
Dat why dey ar all bashing omotola 4 not takin dere view.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
cococandy:
another woman who does half of what omotola does with a less liberal husband will be termed an evil anti family feminist. But hey omo t has a husband who let's her be herself. Leave her kids and trot the globe. [size=14pt] Spend nights in different hotels alone or with Colleagues, hire cooks and house keepers and every other thing that makes other women evil. [/size] With such a husband,she can afford to be anything she wants to be and take any stance she wants to take.

while the people supporting what she said will not even allow their girlfriends/wives to be in a room alone with their own brothers grin

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 5:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
Nairaland pseudo-feminists, ask yourself:

- Why am I a feminist?

- Has there been a time I was oppressed or made to feel less than I am by a man?

- What is my purpose?

- What am I doing in the real world to promote feminism and equality?

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
carefreewannabe:

@bold

She, as a submissive wife, and an obedient co-pilot would quit her job immediately and follow he husband's final decision. grin

hehehe. She's just lucky. Instead of her to keep quiet and enjoy her man,she's putting sand in the garri of those who have real inequality problems.

Because I have a husband who let's me be me,it would be unfair of me to diss those who actually have a reason to want changes because I don't even know what I would do if I were in their shoes. Maybe I would do worse.

Say the man had put a lid on her success or tried to stifle her growth,I wonder if she wouldn't be divorced now and bearing the title of evil divorced feminist.

Many actresses stopped actively featuring in movies and tours after their marriage. Those who tried against their husbands wishes ended up divorced because they couldn't keep up with the pressure from the men to quit. They couldn't handle the insecurities that kept popping up especially when they were away for weeks in other states or countries spending nights with men their husbands don't know. Such a thing can hinder a career tremendously.
These other human actresses tried and couldn't work it out because their human husbands understandably couldn't endure such tensions in the relationships and they finally break up after trying to work it out unsuccessfully.

Now because she's very lucky to have a man who ignores what other men can't ignore and stayed married to her despite scandals and every other thing,she's suddenly the perfect woman and super mom.

How women can be insensitive to others while trying to answer mrs goody two shoes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? / Our Boy's First Day At School (pics) / Four Generations, One Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.