Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. (28759 Views)

How Do You Define A Big Girl? / How Would You Define A 'cheap Girl'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by xynerise: 11:08am On Nov 08, 2014
Caracta:
An independent woman can live her life without the help of anyone. She is hardworking and likes to fix things herself.
An independent woman still needs help dear
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by jaybee3(m): 11:08am On Nov 08, 2014
An independent woman is simply a determined selfless woman with true values.
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by thernee: 11:12am On Nov 08, 2014
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by freecocoa(f): 11:12am On Nov 08, 2014
chibwike:
Yeah...they do exist....dont ask me to give examples oh..Lol.
You know I'll ask you to, so no run o.cheesy
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 08, 2014
lilmax:
Independent blah blah blah, the moment you ask your boyfriend for something you are depending on him.....
not true. asking is different from relying.
you can ask for a little help because no man is self sufficient, but expecting him to assume a parental role isnt advisable.
mumumugu:
As long as someone pays your brideprice,you are not independent
until then......
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2014
independent woman is not real in a domain male & female species cohabit. It is a false/fake ideology by some modern day women whose dreams of being loyal & loved have unfortunately been defiled by circumstances.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 08, 2014
xynerise:

true, no human is self sufficient.
we can't survive on our own, everybody will cetainly need help at some point.
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by lilmax(m): 11:15am On Nov 08, 2014
3cycle:

not true. asking is different from relying.
you can ask for a little help because no man is self sufficient, but expecting him to assume a parental role isnt advisable.

until then......
just imagine,a little help.... Smh
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by Caracta(f): 11:17am On Nov 08, 2014
xynerise:

Yes she can. However, she can still stand her ground if help doesn't come. That's my point.
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by StealthyMe(m): 11:17am On Nov 08, 2014
freecocoa:
I'm calm my love, don't misunderstand me please.

I'm just trying to make us all see that a man and woman are dependent on each other in a relationship so people should stop talking crap about how a woman needs to be independent, ofcourse every woman should strive to have her own money but it's just so clear that people don't know what they talk about when they keep screaming 'independent woman'.

lol...i can understand your point.
In a relationship,both partners are dependent on the other for certain things...but i think what piques my male folk is the unwillingness of some females to work hard and achieve their success instead claiming that which their partner has - especially material things ( when he's just the bf).
To some people,some things are giveable while to others they aren't

An advice to the ladies - work hard,achieve success...trust me you'll be respected and then you can get what you want without relying on any man.
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 08, 2014
lilmax:
just imagine,a little help.... Smh
i used "little" so we can know that there are limits to what you should ask for.
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by xynerise: 11:20am On Nov 08, 2014
Caracta:

Yes she can. However, she can still stand her ground if help doesn't come. That's my point.
Stand her ground financially?
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by Caracta(f): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2014
xynerise:

Stand her ground financially?

Yes. There are ways to survive. Some don't need to beg for money. They just need to be smart and hardworking.
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by UjSizzle(f): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2014
Hmm I didn't know we had so many dictionaries on Nairaland o cheesy

How do you define an independent woman, when no one is really 'independent'? undecided
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by jaybee3(m): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2014
UjSizzle:
Hmm I didn't know we had so many dictionaries on Nairaland o cheesy

How do you define an independent woman, when no one is really 'independent'? undecided
In the context of relationships miss independent tongue
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by jaybee3(m): 11:28am On Nov 08, 2014
I see you caracta
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by Caracta(f): 11:31am On Nov 08, 2014
jaybee3:
I see you caracta

Yes boss! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by UjSizzle(f): 11:32am On Nov 08, 2014
jaybee3:

In the context of relationships miss independent tongue
Why does a woman have to be independent in a relationship, when relationships are all about interdependence?
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by xynerise: 11:34am On Nov 08, 2014
Caracta:

Yes. There are ways to survive. Some don't need to beg for money. They just need to be smart and hardworking.
A hardworking woman still needs help to succeed. I am talking about capital support

1 Like

Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 08, 2014
Some people are mentioning beyonce. Beyonce is independent yet JayZ does things for her. When she was about giving birth, jayZ rented a whole hospital. No papparazi or cameras to film anything. He bought a whole amusement park for blue ivy. I am sure there are other stuffs jayZ did for beyonce and beyonce also did stuff for jayz, whether she bought a car or so, someone remind me abeg.

So you see, as a man with an independent woman, you still have to do stuff for her to show you love and value her. To show that she is worth it. She does things for you, you do things for her. thats it. I think if we dnt have so many useless married men that are money miss roads that cant keep their diks in their pants, spending on wh0res, ladies in turn would work hard so as not to be totally dependent on a man. I think in this 2014, ladies should strive to be independent. But the fact that they are independent does not mean you should fold your arms or be a parasite as a man.

Just saying.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by Caracta(f): 11:39am On Nov 08, 2014
xynerise:

A hardworking woman still needs help to succeed. I am talking about capital support

I don't get. In terms of what? Everyone needs help...even Dangote. What do you do when help isn't forthcoming? Commit suicide? Blame GEJ?
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by jaybee3(m): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2014
UjSizzle:

Why does a woman have to be independent in a relationship, when relationships are all about interdependence?
We are still talking about gf/bf type of relationships right?
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by freecocoa(f): 11:42am On Nov 08, 2014
Caracta:

I'm not talking about shameless, jobless beggars my sister, I used firstEva's case as an instance(although I don't know if she's jobless sha) but I'm talking strong, smart, hardworking sister reaching out to her man who is more than capable to help when you need it who in turn might also need help one time or another, ofcourse it doesn't have to be an everyday affair.

The way people go about this stuff makes it look like it's a taboo, hence this thread.
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by UjSizzle(f): 11:42am On Nov 08, 2014
jaybee3:

We are still talking about gf/bf type of relationships right?
Yup. Bf/Gf.
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by xynerise: 11:44am On Nov 08, 2014
Caracta:

I don't get. In terms of what? Everyone needs help...even Dangote. What do you do when help isn't forthcoming? Commit suicide? Blame GEJ?
Erm....you can direct these questions at the Op......or we can simply blame GEJ
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by jaybee3(m): 11:44am On Nov 08, 2014
UjSizzle:

Yup. Bf/Gf.
So how then do they have to rely on the other for the relationship to succeed
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by freecocoa(f): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2014
StealthyMe:

lol...i can understand your point.
In a relationship,both partners are dependent on the other for certain things...but i think what piques my male folk is the unwillingness of some females to work hard and achieve their success instead claiming that which their partner has - especially material things ( when he's just the bf).
To some people,some things are giveable while to others they aren't

An advice to the ladies - work hard,achieve success...trust me you'll be respected and then you can get what you want without relying on any man.
Well said.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by UjSizzle(f): 11:46am On Nov 08, 2014
jaybee3:

So how then do they have to rely on the other for the relationship to succeed
Remind mw again why people bother going into relationships of that nature again?
All I ever heard by way of reason was how the other provides "support". Well, people want different kinds of support, ranging from emotional to sexual to financial. How is that not interdependence?
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by xynerise: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Some people are mentioning beyonce. .
Mr. man just say Xynerise and not some people angry
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by freecocoa(f): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2014
xynerise:
Ask Beyonce tongue
Senior antelope, no come spoil this thread o.

Bey tell you say Jay no dey buy things for her ni?
Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by Caracta(f): 11:49am On Nov 08, 2014
freecocoa:
I'm not talking about shameless, jobless beggars my sister, I used firstEva's case as an instance(although I don't know if she's jobless sha) but I'm talking strong, smart, hardworking sister reaching out to her man who is more than capable to help when you need it who in turn might also need help one time or another, ofcourse it doesn't have to be an everyday affair.

The way people go about this stuff makes it look like it's a taboo, hence this thread.

This is Nigeria. Home of hypocrites. I don't know about the lady's case but no boyfriend is OBLIGATED to help a girlfriend and vice versa. It shouldn't be a right but a sense of responsibility. Nobody in a relationship should be forced to help his/her partner. The whole thing should be driven by love, love and love.

If you love me and you see me in misery, yet you fold your arms, I would throw the love back in your face BUT I wouldn't hold it against you. Your choice. My life.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Define An Independent Woman?. by jaybee3(m): 11:50am On Nov 08, 2014
freecocoa:

Lemme ask you this question cocoa:
Would your level of disappointment be on the high side if an equally capable friend of yours decide against helping you.

Remember your bf is techically only your friend and as such shouldn't be expected to do things just because you spend a lil more of your time with them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Have You Ever Cried And Begged For A Relationship As A Man? / 6 Quotes Ladies Say To Justify Themselves For Being Single / Kano: Bleak Xmas For Contributors As Lady Sends Man Abroad With Their Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.