Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) (39293 Views)

Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And His Pretty Female Fan / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And Tinubu Staring At The Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by gbadexy(m): 8:02am On Nov 09, 2014
To be candid, I quite agree with the author and we need to start asking questions.
We are used to mediocrity in this country that we praise the politicians for doing what they were elected to do.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by jmaine: 8:04am On Nov 09, 2014
Arch1:
it exposes the foolishness of your president who claim to be tranforming Nigeria yet the only tarred road in Bayelsa, his own home state is the road leading the the government house at Yenogoa.

Only an extreme imbec!le will hold tenaciously to the belief that Bayelsa has only one tarred road.

Like i said, keep your flag of idiocy flying higher.

23 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 09, 2014
Arch1:
Okay
Tell us about Bayelsa, the presidents home state. The only tarred road in Bayelsa is the road leading the government house in Yenogoa.

The poor people living in the creeks at Bayelsa are still drinking and bathing with guinea-worm infested water; what is The PDP government of Bayelsa doing about it
The topic of this thread is clear and unambiguous, yet you want to derail it by attacking the president's home state. What has that got to do with the topic? This has further exposed you as an unrepentant tribal bigot.

18 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Arch1: 8:09am On Nov 09, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

The topic of this thread is clear and unambiguous, yet you want to derail it by attacking the president's home state. What has that got to do with the topic? This has further exposed you as an unrepentant tribal bigot.
I am not a tribal bigoy neither am i trying to derail the thread.

Just tell us about Taraba state. Taraba is a PDP state. Tell us what the PDP Governor of Taraba is doing. We'v heard enough of Lagos tell us about Taraba

2 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by tomakint: 8:11am On Nov 09, 2014
omenka:
Is this all

Mscheeeew.

May I go blind if I read this trash.
.....but you are already BLIND!

24 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Arch1: 8:11am On Nov 09, 2014
jmaine:

Only an extreme imbec!le will hold tenaciously to the belief that Bayelsa has only one tarred road.

Like i said, keep your flag of idiocy flying higher.
Bayelsa state has only one tarred road - FACT

the people living in the creeks of Bayelsa still bathe anddrink guinea-worm infested water -FACT

president JonaTAN is a failure - FACT

PDP has failed Nigerians - FACT

7 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by omenka(m): 8:12am On Nov 09, 2014
biafranqueen:
I said it!
All his cheap China projects will be washed out in the next 3 years. The Lagos media houses did a good job painting this guy as productive but only thing progressive was his elite stand on punishing the poor and sly thievery of taxes.
Want to see "cheap China projects", take a trip to our airports that have been wonderfully "transformed" by Princess Stealer Odula where buckets are placed in waiting lounges to collect rain water from leaking roofs!! Roofs that had been "transformed" a couple of weeks earlier!!

Yeye dey smell.

Lagos is working. Anyone not happy about that could take up residence in Sambisa forest, period!

6 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by jmaine: 8:13am On Nov 09, 2014
Arch1:
Bayelsa state has only one tarred road - FACT

the people living in the creeks of Bayelsa still bathe anddrink guinea-worm infested water -FACT

president JonaTAN is a failure - FACT

PDP has failed Nigerians - FACT

Keep up your tenacious stupidity. It will indeed serve you well . . .

19 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by tomakint: 8:19am On Nov 09, 2014
This is a well-cooked piece, exposing the lapses in our administrations and the lacuna in our supposed document of governance....is it not strange that the much abused administration of Goodluck Jonathan choose to sign in the Freedom of Information Bill while our 'dear Fashola' keeps rebuffing every attempt to give this same bill a chance in his domain. Jonathan has nothing to hide (transparency at play) while Fashola no doubt has a lot to hide!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Arch1: 8:23am On Nov 09, 2014
omenka:
Want to see "cheap China projects", take a trip to our airports that have been wonderfully "transformed" by Princess Stealer Odula where buckets are placed in waiting lounges to collect rain water from leaking roofs!! Roofs that had been "transformed" a couple of weeks earlier!!

Yeye dey smell.

Lagos is working. Anyone not happy about that could take up residence in Sambisa forest, period!
'AKAMU' IBIAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ENUGU

Gej is working

4 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Arch1: 8:27am On Nov 09, 2014
tomakint:
This is a well-cooked piece, exposing the lapses in our administrations and the lacuna in our supposed document of governance....is it not strange that the much abused administration of Goodluck Jonathan choose to sign in the Freedom of Information Bill while our 'dear Fashola' keeps rebuffing every attempt to give this same bill a chance in his domain. Jonathan has nothing to hide (transparency at play) while Fashola no doubt has a lot to hide!
TomaCUNT

go tell Governor Olusegun MiMiko of Ondo state to sign the FOI bill

go tell Governor Usman Nasamu Dakingari of Kebbi state to sign the FOI bill

go tell Governor Danbaba suntai of Taraba to sign the FOI bill

tell your uselss PDP Governors to sign the FOI bill must they wait for APC and fashola ?

4 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 09, 2014
When 1idiots write articles, you wonder how they find their way to national dailies.
First the Dmo tells me lagos debt is 160 billion naira not 600 billion

Secondly the average annual budget of dubai is $12 billion dollars while lagos average budget is less than $2 billion.

Sincere9gerian, you can do better

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 09, 2014
Babatunde Raji Fashola will be leaving Lagos state better than he met it, True or False ?

The thing is that he is not a Saint, but I will have to say that He is a very good administrator, although with his flaws which is peculiar to human nature.

Let's take Abia as a case study with its Mega City "Aba" in a totally collapsed state, anybody who inherits the governance of Abia and commences rebuilding of Aba will need more than 8 years and 5 Trillion Naira to repair the city of Aba, which has continuosly decayed since 1983 December. That's 31 years of Decay.

Fashola is not a Magician and can't be everywhere at the same time. He inherited a rotten Lagos and he sure has done so much.
In the case of Akwa ibom, with the Highest Federal allocation which is usually ten times that of other states and in a virgin undeveloped area, tarring roads and building stadium will be eaier than built up but rotten areas where u will have to demolish, pay compensation, go to court, clear debris revamp site, prepare it and start start afresh.

Our people expect so much without giving much.
I urge you to come to Akwa Ibom and see that 98.5% of Akwa Ibom people are emmeshed in poverty. I now wonder how they will grow with all the elephant projects and billions that will be committed to their maintainance. Akwa Ibom state is not debt free, for our information.

Fashola has over 20 million people to manage, in this number are civilized people, crazy people, foreigners, military, village to lagos first timers, touts and all sort of characters.
This population generates chaos, mega noise, air pollution, solid waste and sewage and other sorts of nuisance, managing them and building infrastructure silmutaneously is aa herculean task even with your trillions.
A road is asphalted today and Lagosians need to use it today today without even letting it set.
Upon this huge population, Lagos has stayed relatively low on crime rate and kidnapping, than the so celebrated Akwa Ibom.

Fashola is not a Saint, Yes and Agreed but he is good.

I am yet to see Governors who have done well as Governors who inheritted rot and cleaned it up to a great extent;

Fashola inherited a rotten Lagos.
Amaechi inherited a collapsed Rivers.
Chime inherited a Ran-down Enugu
Oshiomhole inherited a backward and finished Edo
Okorocha inherited a collapsed Imo
Akpabio inherited an already forming Akwa Ibom, many projects at 60% completion stage and a Revise and greatly Improved Revenue source, yet his achievements are not commensurate with what Akwa Ibom has earned so far.

Whoever that will inherit rotten, collapsed, finished and backward Abia is in deep trouble as there is a major task ahead.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Pataki: 8:41am On Nov 09, 2014
PDP - Pigs Demonic Party.

Are there no role model governors in your party? Or you think it is a practical joke that Fashola is regarded as 'class captain'?

I won't waste my time reading the mindset of a debased ediot.

1 Like

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by phantom(m): 8:42am On Nov 09, 2014
brilliant piece! this is not an avenue to take sides. there is a lesson and its that we have set the standards so low for our leaders that we clap for them when they do the most basic things for us.

this is the reason I called eko ile out the other day when he posted pictures of fashola turning on street lights.

I know a very hungry man will be glad to eat cabin biscuit,but he must not forget that cabin is not a proper meal.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by tomakint: 8:44am On Nov 09, 2014
Arch1:
TomaCUNT
go tell Governor Olusegun MiMiko of Ondo state to sign the FOI bill
go tell Governor Usman Nasamu Dakingari of Kebbi state to sign the FOI bill
go tell Governor Danbaba suntai of Taraba to sign the FOI bill
tell your uselss PDP Governors to sign the FOI bill must they wait for APC and fashola ?
As a result of clever and constant propaganda, your brain has been bazenly altered to see hell as paradise! Enjoy cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Arch1: 8:47am On Nov 09, 2014
tomakint:

As a result of clever and constant propaganda, your brain has been bazenly altered to see hell as paradise! Enjoy cheesy
Those living in hell are those drinking guinea-worm infested water in the creeks of Bayela state, the presidents home state

why are PDP Governors so useless?

4 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by okitz4(m): 8:52am On Nov 09, 2014
Arch1:
Those living in hell are those drinking guinea-worm infested water in the creeks of Bayela state, the presidents home state

why are PDP Governors so useless?
....I believe u jaaree

1 Like

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by anonimi: 8:53am On Nov 09, 2014
dridowu:

On the issue of lekki-ikoyi link bridge, Lekki toll gate e.t.c i have liittle to say about it because i am not an engineer i have little or no knowledge about it, but anyone that feels their is some underground tone about it should make use FOI to dig it out.

You did not read where Fashola went to court saying FoI does not affect Lagos state when asked about the World Bank loan for schools shocked

Lagos state is being run like a cult with its finances shrouded in secrecy from the tax-paying residents on whose behalf Abuja gives Fashola monthly allocation derived from Niger Delta oil revenue.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by seanet02: 8:56am On Nov 09, 2014
Jamiu elepon bulue so you believe Lagos is owning 600 billion naira when the Debt management office says it is 160 billion. No wonder you have a blue scrotum.
jmaine:

The part in bold exposes your bizarre foolishness . . . .Please keep it up . .. .

1 Like

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Arch1: 8:58am On Nov 09, 2014
anonimi:

You did not read where Fashola went to court saying FoI does not affect Lagos state when asked about the World Bank loan for schools shocked

Lagos state is being run like a cult with its finances shrouded in secrecy from the tax-paying residents on whose behalf Abuja gives Fashola monthly allocation derived from Niger Delta oil revenue.
When is Governor Usman Nasamu Dankingari of Kebbi state going to sign the FOI bill

when is Governor Martin Elechi of Ebonyi going to sign the FOI bill

when is Governor Danbaba Sunatai going to sign the FOI bill

when will other PDP Governors sign the FOI bill must they all wait for Fashola and APC?

1 Like

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by seanet02: 8:59am On Nov 09, 2014
Niger Delta money? You must be high.
Federal Government generates over a trillion naira every year from Lagos ports alone. How much are the giving Lagos back as allocation?
anonimi:

1 Like

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by tomakint: 9:00am On Nov 09, 2014
Where is aljharem when you need him?......please come do little schooling for these children of anger! Fashola is working indeed......N4 trillion gone down the drain in almost 8 years and Lagos is still looking like this....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Arch1: 9:01am On Nov 09, 2014
anonimi:

Abuja gives Fashola monthly allocation derived from Niger Delta oil revenue.[/b]
Abuja aslo gives Governor Usman Nasamu Dakingari Of Kebbi state allocation derived from NigerDelta oil revenue. Tell us about what the useless PDP Governor of Kebbi state is doing?

Why are PDP Governors so uselss?

1 Like

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 09, 2014
ALIMOSHO LG comes to mind:

[/quote] There are a thousand and one roads in this mega city that are in such bad state that you are left wondering whether you are in Lagos or some other poor states of the federation. These roads have now come to symbolise the forgotten Lagos. [quote]

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Arch1: 9:05am On Nov 09, 2014
Timehin:
ALIMOSHO LG comes to mind:

There are a thousand and one roads in this mega city that are in such bad state that you are left wondering whether you are in Lagos or some other poor states of the federation. These roads have now come to symbolise the forgotten Lagos.
Yenogoa also comes to mind. The only tarred road in Yenogoa the capital of Bayelsa, the presidents home state is the road leading to the government house

2 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by dridowu: 9:07am On Nov 09, 2014
anonimi:

i knew he went to court but in case the FOI is not binding on Lagos, then i will suggest that they can make use of EFCC/ICPC ( both toothless organisation) after he might have left office.

1 Like

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by RayCharles(m): 9:09am On Nov 09, 2014
davitogreat:
I have always seen fashola's government as a bit overrated and elitist. The fact that he is being touted as the best leader Nigeria has to offer really shows you that Nigeria still has major mountains to climb. Hopefully the next governor of lagos whether (APC or PDP) governs the state better than fashola.

sidenote: One underrated governor in my opinion is Liyel Imoke. The work he has been doing in cross river state with the limited resources and the debt he inherited from his predecessor has been encouraging. I am especially impressed with the rural road and water projects, smart city initiative and the land reform project of his administration.
Eh! Did u just use limited resources and debt in the same sentence with Liyel Imoke?
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 09, 2014
Arch1:
Yenogoa also comes to mind. The only tarred road in Yenogoa the capital of Bayelsa, the presidents home state is the road leading to the government house

I won't dispute your assertion on Yenogoa cos I have not been there but i attended a wedding at Alimosho lg area few weeks ago and the environment looks abandoned.
The roads/streets are more than bad, its what you term an eyesore. Fashola did nothing there.

When politicians do little or nothing of what is expected we praise them to high heavens cos they are fond of using propaganda to deceive the gullible. Such fraud happens in APC and PDP govt.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by anonimi: 9:26am On Nov 09, 2014
dridowu:
i knew he went to court but in case the FOI is not binding on Lagos, then i will suggest that they can make use of EFCC/ICPC ( both toothless organisation) after he might have left office.

- the FoI is binding on all entities in Nigeria having been passed by our National Assembly with Senators & Reps. from all 36 states. These governors are only being clever by half.
- why mention EFCC & ICPC when there is a state House of Assembly that can hire an independent investigator and ask the state prosecutor's office to follow through in court if impeachment is not an option at the end of his tenure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by anonimi: 9:28am On Nov 09, 2014
Arch1:
Abuja aslo gives Governor Usman Nasamu Dakingari Of Kebbi state allocation derived from NigerDelta oil revenue. Tell us about what the useless PDP Governor of Kebbi state is doing?

Why are PDP Governors so uselss?

Is someone and/or something holding/preventing you from opening a thread for him
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Arch1: 9:33am On Nov 09, 2014
anonimi:

Is someone and/or something holding/preventing you from opening a thread for him
Why are PDP Governors very uselss?

Governor Usman Nasamu Dakingari of Kebbi state is a PDP Governor and he is very useless.

PDP and JonaTAN are both useless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Kogi 2015 Governorship Election Result (Pictured) / Masterminds Of Nyanya And Kuje Bomb Blast In Court Today (Pics) / 60th Birthday Messages To Oluremi Tinubu On The Nations Newspaper (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.