Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) (39318 Views)

Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And His Pretty Female Fan / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And Tinubu Staring At The Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
poiZon:

hw is akwa ibom richer than lagos, can u explain?

so many lil dudes in d haus.

lagos former federal capital territory of nigeria for more than 5decades, housing more than 2ports, 2 airports, almost all multinati8nals hqtrs even exxon mobil, etc. u can add d rest.
If Lagos doesn't have a visionary leader like Fashola, all these companies would have moved back to Port Harcourt just like they moved during the military regime
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by manutdadex(m): 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
aresa:

https://www.nairaland.com/1987523/fashola-inspects-combined-high-magistrate

We'ell take you people seriously when you are able to show us anything similar by any other government in Nigeria and even in the history of Nigeria.

Luckily for Lagosians and Fashola, we have recorded proof in brilliant colors that lies and self induced ignorance can not eradicate...
dis is d same problem wit Nigerians! because he did wat no governor is doin or has done, so he is d messiah..our past leaders were criminals, our present are high class criminal do small tin steal d remainin! Also gej has performd beta dan our ex presidents but will dat stop us frm demandin for a beta service? No!

3 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by spankyflex(m): 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
Aderostock:

Apart from Oil companies, name other manufacturing industries or Service- oriented companies in Akwa Ibom.
will advise if you've never been to a place stop spraying lies from hearsay;how on earth will 98.5% of the population be in abject poverty in a state like akwa ibom?

3 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
Lanrefreshkid:

you are telling me he his being hyped cos you want him to transform Lagos to Dubia...Ok
This is the crux of the matter but they deliberately omit Abuja out of it Since they know that in 200 years now, it can't still match Lagos
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
spankyflex:
will advise if you've never been to a place stop spraying lies from hearsay;how on earth will 98.5% of the population be in abject poverty in a state like akwa ibom?
I didn't say that. Now tell us or list those companies I asked you since you have been to Akwa Ibom before. Afterall, World is a Global village
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by spankyflex(m): 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2014
Aderostock:

I didn't say that. Now tell us or list those companies I asked you since you have been to Akwa Ibom before. Afterall, World is a Global village
then you quoted me wrongly;never said anything about industries in akwa ibom
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2014
Aderostock:

Are roads the only thing government should do? I listed some projects in Alimosho earlier that will benefit the masses but you dodged it. Now read, Fashola builds Alimosho road, Tijani street, Oyewole, street, Kola Ogunjale street, Ishajimi street, Ekoro road, Oyewole road, Moshalashi- Egbeda road etc

I didn't 'dodged' as you claimed but only asked if those were his only achievements.

Good that you have mentioned some street/roads in your area but dont you think residents of ijegun/abaranje/ikotun and its environs deserve good roads too
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2014
Baddestguyp:
I have never commented in politics section but I will comment on this.

fashola is overrated. he came into power, did some little things and used the media to hype it all, after that he did nothing again, he simple embezzled d huge sum of money at his disposal especially during his second term. this man has taught many lagosians a lesson. unfortunately, some ignorant people are still being fooled.
How did you get to know all these? Who amongst them is holy including your president?
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by mbulela: 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
nigerianvenom:
people are blinded by the fact that they rarely see good governance.

fashola's performance has been one of the blindly celebrated event/era,yet nothing tangible to show for it.

u get to akwa ibom that was a typical slum about 16 yrs ago and u see the sudden developmental stride by the government in power.u dont need to be told what d government is doing with the money, u see it with ur eye.
fashola is a celebrated rogue

As usual the truth is in the middle.
Fashola is not all his propaganda machine hype him up to be. He has done well but nowhere as well as the APC guys will want you yo believe. The complexities of governing a place like Lagos cannot be compared by any sane person to a backyard like akwa ibom.thelogistics of raising funds in lagos cannot be compared with the routine of collecting oil money from abuja for akwa ibom and even rivers.
We must not swing from one extreme to another.
If you call Fashola a celebrated rogue them you have to come up with a new word for Akpabio.
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
JUHABACH:

if you wish to discuss the feats of pdp governors in other states, then make your own goddamn thread. we are here to discuss fashola.
Have you ever opened and discussed your president and your stare governor? until you do that no one will take you serious
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Themandator: 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
davitogreat:
I have always seen fashola's government as a bit overrated and elitist. The fact that he is being touted as the best leader Nigeria has to offer really shows you that Nigeria still has major mountains to climb. Hopefully the next governor of lagos whether (APC or PDP) governs the state better than fashola.

sidenote: One underrated governor in my opinion is Liyel Imoke. The work he has been doing in cross river state with the limited resources and the debt he inherited from his predecessor has been encouraging. I am especially impressed with the rural road and water projects, smart city initiative and the land reform project of his administration.

God bless you. Imoke with the paltry sum he gets has really impressed me alot. ...inner city of roads and rural transformations the
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by mbulela: 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
With all this talk of roads as if they are the only dividend of governance,we need to tell ourselves that no for will fix all the roads in a state like Lagos state in ten years. It is a painful reality. In the face of several constraints; limited funds (don't be fooled by all this talk of billions. As the money plenty, na so govt liabilities plenty too), our poor maintenance culture ( yes govt is to blame but that one is an institutional and systemic issue that will have to be discussed separately ; ministry guys collecting bribe to approve poor quality jobs and contractors spending half of the cost on egunje), our non existent local govt etc.
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Orikinla(m): 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
Very well written honest analysis.
But many of the shortcomings noted are actually the failures of incompetent LGA chairmen and not caused by the governor and lest we forget, he has to provide free education to over 10 million children and they include millions from states in the south east and south south.
Bayelsa state is less than 2 million people in population and collects revenue allocation of over N170 billion when Lagos with more than 20 million people depends more on internally generated revenue.

In any language, growing the internally generated revenue of a state from N6billion to over N20billion monthly over a period of eight years must spell success. This is what the scorecard of Lagos State shows as the fruit of the re-engineering of its Board of Internal Revenue.

Prior to the return of democracy in 1999, the internally generated revenue of the state stood at a measly average of N600million monthly. But the next six years would deliver a steep rise to N3.6billion monthly, the equivalent of 500 per cent jump.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/04/lagos-tax-collection-model/#sthash.Yvbx7MzS.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Themandator: 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
nigerianvenom:
people are blinded by the fact that they rarely see good governance.

fashola's performance has been one of the blindly celebrated event/era,yet nothing tangible to show for it.

u get to akwa ibom that was a typical slum about 16 yrs ago and u see the sudden developmental stride by the government in power.u dont need to be told what d government is doing with the money, u see it with ur eye.
fashola is a celebrated rogue

That Lagos man is no match forbid counterpart in Uyo. ...that man dreams mega projects and Wakes up rearing to go
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 5:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
Baddestguyp:
if u notice from his deeds he doesn't seem to care for the common man at all.

What's your own definition of caring? we can take it from there
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
Timehin:

Those pics aint different (even some are worse) from what i saw within ijegun/abaranje axis few weeks ago. And some people on nl will expect everyone to hail fashola.
You expect Fashola to build all the roads in Alimosho LG. if he does that what will the next government do?
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
Timehin:

Those pics aint different (even some are worse) from what i saw within ijegun/abaranje axis few weeks ago. And some people on nl will expect everyone to hail fashola.
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Baddestguyp(m): 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
Aderostock:

How did you get to know all these? Who amongst them is holy including your president?
none is holy, I'm just stating my point that he's overhyped
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Baddestguyp(m): 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
Aderostock:

What's your own definition of caring? we can take it from there
kindly reflect back on his policies, they aren't favourable to d common man/ masses. he believes lagos is only supposed to be for the rich
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by lukaino(m): 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
kirikiristars:

Cele
ijesha
Okafa
okokomaiko
Agoo
orile
Itire
Abule ado
Iyanoba
Ajamgbadi
Mafuluku
Ojo barracks
Agbara
Alaba
Ayobo
Ipaja
Shibiri
Ijegun
Ejigbo
Igando
All the above areas of Lagos have no good roads. In fact some of them still use wooden bridges built by individuals for commercial purposes. This government is simply too elitist.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
kirikiristars:

Cele
ijesha
Okafa
okokomaiko
Agoo
orile
Itire
Abule ado
Iyanoba
Ajamgbadi
Mafuluku
Ojo barracks
Agbara
Alaba
All these are like districts concentrated in Oshodi Apapa LG and probably Amuwo odofin axis. There are other roads in other LGs also that need attention
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 5:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
manutdadex:
a foreign journalist also said some weeks ago dat lagos is d worse place to live in! Na dat one we one chop..wat happens to those in lagos mataz most! Its like u avin a father who gives alot to outsider and he is stingy at home...wat do u expect d association neighbours to say??
The fact that Lagos is only city in Nigeria rated and listed that should give you a concern. Even your capital was snubbed and ignored as if it doesn't exist

1 Like

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
manutdadex:
Also gej has performd beta dan our ex presidents but will dat stop us frm demandin for a beta service? No!
When did you criticize your president this way?
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
Aderostock:

All these are like districts concentrated in Oshodi Apapa LG and probably Amuwo odofin axis. There are other roads in other LGs also that need attention
They are all in the mainland still. These are places I have been to and wonder if those places are truly in Lagos. I wonder why you omitted them.
He is doing a wonderful job in island no doubt,I pray he extends it to poor mainland.
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
Aderostock:

You expect Fashola to build all the roads in Alimosho LG. if he does that what will the next government do?

That is no excuse for defending the indefensible.

People in all areas of the state should feel the impact of good governance. Why support him blindly in the midst of glaring evidence that he ought to have done more/better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
lukaino:

Ayobo
Ipaja
Shibiri
Ijegun
Ejigbo
Igando
All the above areas of Lagos have no good roads. In fact some of them still use wooden bridges built by individuals for commercial purposes. This government is simply too elitist.
I swear.
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by manutdadex(m): 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
Aderostock:

When did you criticize your president this way?
are u in Nigeria at all? Try and visit threads on nairaland concernin d president and see for urself!

3 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
Timehin:

I didn't 'dodged' as you claimed but only asked if those were his only achievements.

Good that you have mentioned some street/roads in your area but dont you think residents of ijegun/abaranje/ikotun and its environs deserve good roads too
The roads I listed are few of the roads he reconstructed in Alimosho. Don't ever say he's done anything in Alimosho LG, that was my grudge with you. per the Ijegun/ ejigbo axis, I believe the next government would touch that side.
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
mbulela:

If you call Fashola a celebrated rogue them you have to come up with a new word for Akpabio.
Waiting for the new word for Akpabio
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
mbulela:

As usual the truth is in the middle.
Fashola is not all his propaganda machine hype him up to be. He has done well but nowhere as well as the APC guys will want you yo believe. The complexities of governing a place like Lagos cannot be compared by any sane person to a backyard like akwa ibom.thelogistics of raising funds in lagos cannot be compared with the routine of collecting oil money from abuja for akwa ibom and even rivers.
We must not swing from one extreme to another.
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by aresa: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
Baddestguyp:
when I made my point I never intended to follow it up cos I know it'll lead to a never-ending argument just like I've been warned.

I state again that yes, fashola did a few good things but he skillfully used the media to overhype these few deeds in such a way that it almost covers up all the embezzlement he has done. most people don't know about the funds he has access to so they believe he has done so much. all his media hyping is just a cover up. if u notice from his deeds he doesn't seem to care for the common man at all.

finally, just to make it clear, I'm not into any party, I don't care what party he belongs to, but I see myself as not among d ignorant.

Of what use is our discussion especially about our own country if all we do is spew baseless utterances with no truth or facts to back it up with.

Fashola is my Governor and I back up everything I say about him with facts and even pictures.

Tell me one thing about him you think he's not doing and I'll prove you wrong with facts and even pictures..

We don't get on the internet like other folks and spew what we can not back up with facts...

I'm a Nigerian and I know what every state governor is doing and not doing and even sef, they all have whatever projects they have going on on their websites, it's in their budgets and allocations so you can not lie to us or try to pull a fast one.

Just like akpabio, with all his largest budget in Nigeria, all he has to show for it is one completed football pitch and the few toads in Uyo and I dare you or any of his supporters to prove me wrong.

Apabio budgets money for Ibaka seaport every year, but the project to this very second is not in the FG's gazette, it's not on record anywhere and even the road leading to the site is still thick bush, even fence sef no dey.

Please tell us who is pocketing the billions he budgets every year for the still invisible seaport.

Amaechi next door has less money than Akwa Ibom, but Amaechi not only built a stadium, he actually built a sports complex with 10,000 more seats than the football pitch in Akwa Ibom.

Amacehi built bridges, roads, some of the best hospitals in Nigeria, some of the best schools in Nigeria.

But Akwa Ibom with mote resources did not built one single classroom, not one single hospital, the nursing school in Akwa Ibom was shut down because of poor and unfounded facilities.

Akwa Ibom today is completely broke and can not pay state workers.

After 8 years in office with the largest state budget in Nigeria, only one completed stadium and a few roads in Uyo/One single location and the state is completely broke?

You got to be shitting me...

Akwa Ibom is Not Broke - Commissioner

Uyo — The Akwa Ibom State government has described as baseless and outrageous reports that the state is broke.

The state Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Akan Okon, in an interview with newsmen in Uyo, said: "Such misinformation is capable of undermining the efforts of the present administration which has demonstrated transparency and accountability in the management of resources."

He said it was wrong to peddle such rumour, as the state has not failed in its financial responsibilities to the people.

On the purported N135 billion federal allocation collected by the state between January and June, the commissioner said the amount was a far cry from the over N400 billion appropriated in the 2014 budget for the actualisation of key projects.

Btw, the man lied, theY passed budget was not N400 billion, it was N469 billion with the usual backdoor supplemental addition which this year's was extra N25 billion = N469 + N25 billion = N494 billion. Still the largest state budget in Nigeria..

In 2012, Akwa Ibom passed N397 billion + N125 billion supplementary budget = N522 billion, still the largest budget in Nigeria..

...but today, Akwa Ibom is broke.

Again, governors with far less resources built roads, bridges and even sports complex and still managed to build tens of hospitals, schools and many many more.

You can spew all the ignorant rubbish because of your tribal and political nonsense, but you can not spew away facts and figures...
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Aderostock(m): 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
Baddestguyp:
kindly reflect back on his policies, they aren't favourable to d common man/ masses. he believes lagos is only supposed to be for the rich
Kindly tell us his policies that are anti-poor. Environmental law, Traffic law were made against the people?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Ifeanyichukwu Ibezi Controls Traffic Under The Rain (Photos) / Coup: President Tinubu Dispatches Envoys To Niger, Libya, Algeria / Better For Your Family To Use You For Money Ritual Than Vote For PDP - Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.