Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London (79502 Views)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / The Lagos You Will Not See On Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by calaway: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

Lol interesting stats! 70% of Lekki and VI belongs to Easterners? I'm sure Okoya, Oniru and the other land owning families in Lagos have eastern ancestry. 60% in Abuja? Lol grin
Dont be daft i mean private property. do your home work.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by duni04(m): 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
calaway:

Lol even worse! So 70% of all the private property in Lekki and VI is owned by easterners?
grin grin grin
Don't worry when the time comes the land owners will chase you away in droves, back to the east.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by frankezi: 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
I am really feeling depressed abeg see as lagos fine abeg. And na him my office transfer me go state wey no even get 5 story let alone sky scrapper. I miss lag. Both good and bad . Eko o ni baje
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by calaway: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

Lol even worse! So 70% of all the private property in Lekki and VI is owned by easterners?
grin grin grin
Don't worry when the time comes the land owners will chase you away in droves, back to the east.

Ohh we want that to happen. Let us be severed from people/parasites who are bent on cheating and exploiting us without the courtesy gratitude.
We will take our oil and our enterprise with us. Then you will really see what the word developed society means. SE/SS for life(good life)!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

Lol so you're leaving your good and modern buildings in the east to live in brown roofs in the west? I thought we already agreed that Westerners haven't contributed anything to other parts of Nigeria? I can't imagine myself waking up and packing my bags to travel to the East and invest anything. Even the thought of it is funny. When you people don't even like your place enough to stay there and develop it, I'll be the one to go and invest there? The North and East of Nigreria are almost the same, Poverty and security wise. No incentive to go and contribute anything there.
lol when migrating to the west we are talking of lagos only you can't go to the east to invest when you don't have the resources na person wey get money de invest, poor people have no business with investment. Like I said earlier Igboland was destroyed during the war and we left en mass after the war to other places for survival we succeeded and we conquered, we rebuild our lands with the money we make from other places including overseas, that is why we have cities like Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi which have no government involvement to their development especially FG. These cities have been able to hold on their own without outside contributions, yorubaland have two states that have access to the sea Ogun and Lagos with the latter having the only fully functioning seaport where all business men in Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, Kano, Kaduna and other commercial cities import their goods from, international business men will like to locate their business near seaport which is in lagos and Ogun state which is close and the governors will take advantage of it to provide the enabling environment for foreign investment, so advantages of the geographic location of yorubaland is only second to the nigerdelta while the east and the north have the least advantage being land lock regions yet we are able to hold our own.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by canalily(m): 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Lmao. I just died. I died twice.
who killed you? Laugh? Pls dnt try to die cos of gving out.....dnt jst die abeg wake 3times
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by xkris11(m): 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
calaway:

I am so sure you not base in Lagos you are only writing what you hear your fellow igbo broda tell you.get ur facts right and stop saying jargons.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Dronedude(m): 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
unbelievable indeed, but i think i am not surprised. first consider the quality of the camera, then the right humidity, even aba will look like paris.

great sight anyways.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by duni04(m): 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
lol when migrating to the west we are talking of lagos only you can't go to the east to invest when you don't have the resources na person wey get money de invest, poor people have no business with investment. Like I said earlier Igboland was destroyed during the war and we left en mass after the war to other places for survival we succeeded and we conquered, we rebuild our lands with the money we make from other places including overseas, that is why we have cities like Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi which have no government involvement to their development especially FG. These cities have been able to hold on their own without outside contributions, yorubaland have two states that have access to the sea Ogun and Lagos with the latter having the only fully functioning seaport where all business men in Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, Kano, Kaduna and other commercial cities import their goods from, international business men will like to locate their business near seaport which is in lagos and Ogun state which is close and the governors will take advantage of it to provide the enabling environment for foreign investment, so advantages of the geographic location of yorubaland is only second to the nigerdelta while the east and the north have the least advantage being land lock regions yet we are able to hold our own.
Nobody is saying you're not holding your own, but you have to accept that you're economic migrants. You're here in the West to hustle and make ends meet. If your towns and villages in the East were half as prosperous as most of the towns in the West, you guys wouldn't be coming here in droves. Infact the major cause of the overpopulation in the West is the massive influx of Easterners and Niger deltans and its poverty that is chasing you guys here.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Benvolio(m): 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ahmeduana:

NOT UNTIL YOU SHOW ME AJEGUNLE, MAKOKO, EBUTE META AND OTHER SLUMS IN LAGOS FOR EVERY BEAUTIFUL CITY THERE IS ALWAY AN HIDDEN foko, bere, itamaya, fagge sabongari and dala!
really am jst surprise dat u will say such!!! dere ar ghetto over dere also! so jst for once be proud of ya country!
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
harde2lah:

I will list them here when my laptop is energized. I don't have power on my laptop now. No, we can't invest in yiboland because we don't trust you; we don't want you to kidnap us; you are greedy; we don't want our investment to be washed away by erowion; we don't want to be eaten by cannibals; and finally your environment is not conducive to business and a good ROI is not assured. We will invest in your land when you have learnt how to stay in your land and stop being a parasite
lol you are waiting for your laptop to energized see excuse our land is not conducive for yoruba investments cus you guys have nothing to invest outside yorubaland even una masters the north you guys can't invest there despite the dangote, Danjumas investments in yorubaland you guys are poor despite the advantage which is second to nigerdelta yet the level of poverty is alarmingly high
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
True talk my brother. Ph is really a site for such beautiful structures, but we don't get to see them. Though i come from IMO state, but i envy states like Abuja and Lagos. If only i have my way of getting a good job there cry
calaway:

Have you visited ABUJA? all the splendor of ABUJA down to the smallest piece of gravel on the street is oil money from the SS/SE and 80% of what you see in Lagos is also Oil money driven. IMAGINE if all this money where used where they were gotten. I mean all the oil money from PH used in PH you would be in Heaven. So you should feel sorry that a people where so cheated to the benefit of others. and yet they still try to cheat them out of leadership of Nigeria.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
canalily:
who killed you? Laugh? Pls dnt try to die cos of gving out.....dnt jst die abeg wake 3times

Because enlightenment doesn't do emails tongue The path is long and precarious, spirit child. Take heed, and keep growing.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by calaway: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
Dronedude:
unbelievable indeed, but i think i am not surprised. first consider the quality of the camera, then the right humidity, even aba will look like paris.

great sight anyways.
ABA ABIA HAS BEEN STRANGULATED AND RAPED FOR 30 YEARS. CRUDE OIL FROM HER HIGH YIELD FIELDS HAVE BEEN USED TO DEVELOP LAGOS AND FEED YOUR FAMILIES ALONG WITH YOU FCT AND OTHER SW STATES. PLEASE SHOW THE STATE RESPECT. DONT ADD INSULT TO INJURY OR YOU WILL COME ACROSS AS AN UNGRATEFUL PARASITE LIKE YOU FATHER BEFORE YOU.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

Nobody is saying you're not holding your own, but you have to accept that you're economic migrants. You're here in the West to hustle and make ends meet. If your towns and villages in the East were half as prosperous as most of the towns in the West, you guys wouldn't be coming here in droves. Infact the major cause of the overpopulation in the West is the massive influx of Easterners and Niger deltans and its poverty that is chasing you guys here.
Did you have problem with comprehension go back and reread what I wrote and come again you can do better than this but if I may ask which towns are you saying are prosperous in yorubaland apart from lagos where else
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
lol you are waiting for your laptop to energized see excuse our land is not conducive for yoruba investments cus you guys have nothing to invest outside yorubaland even una masters the north you guys can't invest there despite the dangote, Danjumas investments in yorubaland you guys are poor despite the advantage which is second to nigerdelta yet the level of poverty is alarmingly high

So despite all the explanations we gave you still cannot digest it into your akpu infested brain. Let me emphasize and reemphasize that we the Yoruba will never invest in your land. What has your land got to offer us that our region cannot offer? Give me one reason why we should invest in your erosion ravaged land? oh, so you can claim it and call it a no-mans business. Greedy bunch of fools. am done with you. RIP to your brain. And please reduce your akpu consumption. Send me your mail and I will forward to you directories of oil and gas services companies in Lagos and port Harcourt and see for yourself fool

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by calaway: 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
tebirim:
True talk my brother. Ph is really a site for such beautiful structures, but we don't get to see them. Though i come from IMO state, but i envy states like Abuja and Lagos. If only i have my way of getting a good job there cry
YOU WILL NOT SEE SUCH STRUCTURES COS PH AND IMO STATE ARE ROBBED OF THEIR RESOURCES TO DEVELOP AND FEED THE UNGRATEFUL OCCUPANTS OF FCT AND LAGOS. ONE DAY ALL THAT WILL CHANGE AND YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN WILL ENJOY THE PH AND IMO OF YOUR DREAMS.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by diresimdi(m): 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hnmmmmmm! Lagos is haven! How come most indigens of Lagos are also spread in other non-haven cities in Nigeria doing road-side auto-mechanic jobs. Genuine stride is usually devoid of self praises. Every city in Nigeria has good and bad sights.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by MaziOmenuko: 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
Marina, Ikoyi, Vi and Lekki.

I can see my office in one of the pix.

There are a few other things that can make life easier in Lag; an efficient alternate transport system will be a very huge relief! Modernized rail and water transport could come in handy. When you spend 3 hrs on a journey that normally shouldn't take 15mins, then it leaves a lot to be desired.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Orikinla(m): 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
The best is yet to come.
Wait until you see the first IMAX Plaza in Festac Town with the fountain of different colours.
Wait until you see Eko Atlantic City in the next 10 years.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by odunkha(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
[quote author=vizkiz post=27852399][color=#000099]still waiting for pictures of some other parts of Lagos I.e
Mile-12 tongue
Ketu/alapere
Oshodi
Oworoshoki
Mushin
Ajegunle
Ojota
Ikorodu garage grin

Come on fellas aren't we proud of these places?? [/c coming soon.....
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by oluwafemi113(m): 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
Crispels:

Uyo is great but lagos is far better!

I graduated from uniuyo,Sociology! Just finished serving in lagos.

There is this feeling in lagos you won't get anywhere else in the country!
The BUZZ is just amazing, Everyweekend is fun,You get to party with stars,celebs,best clubs etc, and again most of Nigeria companies/industries are in lagos.

Uyo is not that big too compared to lagos!

God bless Nigeria
well said
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by MaziOmenuko: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
akugbemike:
Lagos

THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN LAGOS IS MAINLAND.

This is pure blasphemy cheesygrin

We stay in mainland because we can't afford houses in Island cheesygrin Anytime I pass thru Goldengates, Parkview and Banana Island in Ikoyi, I encourage lie to myself that I will afford one of those places someday cheesygrin
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by symbian03(m): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
Nawa see reasoning BROS you well at all? Where did you see hate words there if I may ask na fashola build all this buildings? 90 percent of the buildings have been there before Tinubu administration can't you see they are private buildings from companies in lagos if you can kindly go through my comments on this thread you will see where I educate the other guy about the reason why I said its not far from the truth, mind you lagos is a metropolitan city. Try to comprehend and think before typing to avoid this type of unintelligent comment

Sir, I owe you no apology. And where did I mention that Fashola built/constructed all the current infrastructures in Lagos? I was only telling you to use your head, and saying Lagos is a no man's land doesn't change the fact that Lagos belongs to the west. And listen, ain't nothing wrong with my comprehension skill and I bet you I'm even more intelligent and civilized. And perhaps, you're civilized and erudite but your comments doesn't exhibit such.

Thank you.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by oluwafemi113(m): 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
calaway:

There is no comparism. Uyo feeds Lagos. Lagos was developed with money from UYO.
UYO like the rest of the SS and SE have been ruined to build your castles

SHOW RESPECT!!!!!!
mr man you must be dreaming

Your oil money was spent to develop Abuja and not Lagos

Lagos has been developed even before the discovery of oil
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
harde2lah:

So despite all the explanations we gave you still cannot digest it into your akpu infested brain. Let me emphasize and reemphasize that we the Yoruba will never invest in your land. What has your land got to offer us that our region cannot offer? Give me one reason why we should invest in your erosion ravaged land? oh, so you can claim it and call it a no-mans business. Greedy bunch of fools. am done with you. RIP to your brain. And please reduce your akpu consumption. Send me your mail and I will forward to you directories of oil and gas services companies in Lagos and port Harcourt and see for yourself fool
lol when they run out of ideas they will start using abusive and curse words they will rant and curse. I will not argue with you again since you can't argue without using foul languages against me and my tribe it shows the level of your frustration and how low you reason. You can say anything you want its your right but I hope you know that inasmuch as you are taking this personal I am only having fun educating you guys. I argue with you here anything you want to list do it here I don't communicate with kids who can't control their choice of words so don't expect me to contact you.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Openroad(m): 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
Where are the pictures of Eko Atlantics sky line? Its almost 2015 and all i see are computer generated images of Eko Atlantic sky line.. Thats along side stories that its projected to have working streets and services by 2014.. Its almost 2015 and i am yet to see 1 photo of one building or completed modern street of Eko Atlantic... Its probably still a sand bar full of big lorries working hard to get not very far in such a long time..
Typical Nigeria, talk and hype big projects and improvements while the funds seem to run out before any sign of what the funds were spent on in the promised project.. Then more delays amd request for more funds to chop under the table again...
Where are the good old days of open space,fresh air and clean rivers and seas? Simple healthy living without population congestion in petrol engine smoke pollution....?
I Hope for Eko beauty and fresh healthy living to rise out of the ashes of the degradation it has seen over the decades... Soon
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by symbian03(m): 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
[s]
calaway:

As if you dont know that Lagos was capital territory until 1990. All federal roads and and federal high rise building and thiose long bridges where built by federal govt with oil money from Uche's SE. and mind you Alaba Market was a thick forest when igbo we sent there to do business after the war. Alaba is what it is today by pure power of uche's enterprise. Respect the hand that feed you and still feeds u monthly!!!
[/s]

Bullshyt undecided
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by uchdavinci: 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
Dos na werin we dey see for pics wey dem snap from chopper... Not believing until I see am live.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by victorv12(m): 2:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
This debate is interesting...Lagos vs SE! It's high time Igbo leaders and entrepreneurs start developing their axis. Igbos are highly industrious, but the enviroment to do business are highly insecure. I like Igbo food and girls...And I got mad luv for my Igbo chic, Jennifer. Muaaah!

My Yoruba brothers, softly softly oooo! But I dey ur side sha. Oduduwa Republic to the fullest!

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by symbian03(m): 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
oluwafemi113:
mr man you must be dreaming

Your oil money was spent to develop Abuja and not Lagos

Lagos has been developed even before the discovery of oil

Don't argue with that douchebag. He wouldn't comport to the fact that Lagos is self sufficient and blessed! They keep insinuating that Lagos was built with their oil money undecided In the next 30 years, lets see how valuable their oil would still be. Oil price is falling that odenson seriously need to stop his hatred for Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

I Regret Coming To Canada / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana? / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.