Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London (79519 Views)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / The Lagos You Will Not See On Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Crispels(m): 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
Proud of our lagos!!!

Eko Onibaje grin
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Crispels(m): 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
oluwafemi113:
Pls don't compare Lagos with Uyo

Uyo is great but lagos is far better!

I graduated from uniuyo,Sociology! Just finished serving in lagos.

There is this feeling in lagos you won't get anywhere else in the country!
The BUZZ is just amazing, Everyweekend is fun,You get to party with stars,celebs,best clubs etc, and again most of Nigeria companies/industries are in lagos.

Uyo is not that big too compared to lagos!

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ramanto(m): 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
The view is obviously a nice one,and the glory is to nigeria as a country,dont see no need why guys should go tribal here.Afterall we claim to b one nation.such a thing doesnt happen in France where i schooled
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Olayinka8793(m): 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
harde2lah:

story for the gods. Please tell me exactly your contributions in Lagos that other regions have not contributed. Which corporate social responsibility has your region done in Lagos. Please mention the hospitals, schools, universities, borehole and other amenities that Igbos have done in Lagos. You re only in Lagos to make ends meet and you pay tax to the government just like any other person or organization. You all claim to be mansion owners on Nairaland but the recent picture splash by the odua insurgents revealed you guys has low lifers who only has spare part shop, okrika market and cafe in Lagos. The big guns in Lagos like Dangote don't make noise about it. Show us pictures if your mansion and other properties in Lagos. Nonsense!
I beg u to stop replying the attention seeking flat headed mofo bro,let him keep on deceiving himself,what i know is dat he regret been born in the accursed east and wished he were a Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by duni04(m): 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
bla bla bla bla if any of you guys can't list the yorubas contributions outside yorubaland all you are saying is stories for the gods. Come again you can do better than this.
Lol its like you don't understand. I have no business contributing anything to your place, i am very comfortable where i am. Unlike you that has to travel several miles and cross the Niger so you can enjoy the luxuries in the west. Only people who want to be kidnapped or duped will go and contribute anything in the east.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1808834/major-cities-world-pictures

Op I hope you saw this before you created this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1808834/major-cities-world-pictures

lagos is definitely beautiful. But it still has a long way to go.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by JustCurious: 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
I took this picture, yesterday in Lagos.

Modified: I can't see the picture uploaded, yet... don't know if it's my phone. :/

Modified: Fixed. wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by scantee(m): 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
Abeg OP modify your title to Beautiful Lagos Island and Lekki in Lagos.

as am typing this my car is trapped by mud at Ago-Okota Area. only God knows when I will get out this place.

SMH.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Jarus(m): 12:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
Sometimes, I can't help believing that the difference between Lagos and all these cities we talk of in other parts of the world is maintenance culture and orderliness of people.

Almost everyday I navigate through Lagos, this thought comes to my mind. Even on Thursday while passing through Onikan to connect VI, I was thinking: if all these bridges were well painted, lights working everywhere, and people don't dump refuse anywhere, there won't be difference between here and the Dubai we shout about.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by duni04(m): 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
scantee:

as am typing this my car is trapped by mud at Ago-Okota Area. only God knows when I will get out this place.

SMH.
ROTFLMAO!
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Jarus(m): 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
scantee:

SMH.

All these cities in other countries also have ghettos.

Okay, let's agree with you and say Ikoyi/Island City.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

Lol its like you don't understand. I have no business contributing anything to your place, i am very comfortable where i am. Unlike you that has to travel several miles and cross the Niger so you can enjoy the luxuries in the west. Only people who want to be kidnapped or duped will go and contribute anything in the east.
Igbos came to the west en mass after the civil war because of the destruction of Igboland they came they saw and the conquer Igboland is not the only place in Nigeria we have states like Kano, Kaduna, Rivers, Delta, EDO etc. So what contributions has yorubas made there? BROS I don't want to go to nairaland archives to uproot the kidnapping, molestation, and ritual stories happening in yorubaland. I wonder why you guys have not list any contributions but I understand cus their is none
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Jarus(m): 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
JustCurious:
I took this picture, yesterday in Lagos.

Modified: I can't see the picture uploaded, yet... don't know if it's my phone. :/

Modified: Fixed. wink grin

I can see it with my phone. It is uploaded.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by duni04(m): 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
Igbos came to the west en mass after the civil war because of the destruction of Igboland they came they saw and the conquer Igboland is not the only place in Nigeria we have states like Kano, Kaduna, Rivers, Delta, EDO etc. So what contributions has yorubas made there? BROS I don't want to go to nairaland archives to uproot the kidnapping, molestation, and ritual stories happening in yorubaland. I wonder why you guys have not list any contributions but I understand cus their is none
Of course there is none. Am I mad? Why would I leave my comfortable life in Lagos to go and get kidnapped in the slums of Onitsha. Thank God, you finally get it!

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Jarus(m): 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
It is very annoying how some tribespeople are always claiming glory for any positive about Lagos (and Abuja).

Yorubas have played great role in the economic development of major cities in Nigeria, from Kaduna to PH

For God's sake, how many times have you seen Yoruba people claiming glory of another land?

This pettiness of these people is very annoying. angry

9 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by scantee(m): 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
Jarus:

All these cities in other countries also have ghettos.

Okay, let's agree with you and say Ikoyi/Island City.

Ya no doubt Lagos is beautiful especially those island-Ikoyi areas, but you need visit ago palace, I went there yesterday to see a friend I was like Gush what exactly is the chairman of Isolo LGA doing? the whole roads condition is unmentionable.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
awesome. ...
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by ichidodo: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
Olayinka8793:
so u don disown your state of origin in igboland abi?
Make una dey try go school.Birthplace different from state of origin.......all these illiterates sef,smh.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by leofab(f): 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
hardbody:

No be swear but satelite is so water logged and the roads are so terrible that the area will never get any better. It was fine before you left because traffic and volume of humans was less, today Lagos grows in leaps and bounds and things ever continue to deteriorate in the light of no infrastructure to support the influx of people.
naivety is your case; so it's fashola that built those structures with his pocket money?
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Maximus17(m): 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
vizkiz:
still waiting for pictures of some other parts of Lagos I.e
Mile-12 tongue
Ketu/alapere
Oshodi
Oworoshoki
Mushin
Ajegunle
Ojota
Ikorodu garage grin

Come on fellas aren't we proud of these places??
also ajangbadi, ile iwe, ijeshatedo, most of these pictures were taken from places like lekki, Victoria island, ajah.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
canalily:
..pls can i get enlightend from you...pls?

Why, absolutely. You need only ask, my spirit child for knowledge is as food; we feed with it the mind, and nourish with it the soul.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by leofab(f): 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
matrixme:

You obviously don't know what Makoko, the floating slum is inspiring for Lagos. That community is a big share of the future of Lagos. If you know the plans the architect that built the floating school made up from the slum, it would kill you. Google more on the African Water Cities Project (http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2013/03/a-vision-of-floating-cities/)
Also, every city on earth has its fair share of slums. Even the best of them, so what is the big deal?
And to those of you shouting that the city is no man's land, or that it is the Igbo's that brought civilization to Lagos, you're so wrong. Lagos is a modernist Yoruba city where lots of her Yoruba owners have worked progressively overtime to contribute to its present status.
You need to know that it's a big priviledge to have early contact with civilization, and to hold on to knowledge. That is the strenght of the yoruba tribe and indeed, Lagos.
easier said than done; stop posting prototypes, let's see the real structure...
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

Of course there is none. Am I mad? Why would I leave my comfortable life in Lagos to go and get kidnapped in the slums of Onitsha. Thank God, you finally get it!
Off point, is lagos the only yoruba city? Because you guys keep on mentioning it many kidnap cases have been reported in yorubaland not excluding rape and ritual cases I can't remember the last time I read report of kidnap case in Onitsha. Lagos is one of the biggest slums in the world so its not only onitsha that has slums. Many yoruba guys are in Onitsha which I have some as friends. I mention other none Igbo states why are you avoiding it by not listing yoruba contributions in those states economy, like you said the answer is none.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by kodyx(f): 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2014
This one na foto trick. Show us d real deal..
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
lol many Igbos have mansions and businesses in lagos the likes of Cocharis, Capital oil, Young shall grow motors and group of companies which includes hotels etc, Kenedilichukwu transport company, ABC transport, to mention a few have their headquarters in Lagos even okrika sellers, spare parts sellers in ladipo, electronics sellers in Alaba top Igbo entertainers, and top Igbo executives in big companies have made huge significant contributions in the economy of lagos so they have a say in lagos affairs. List the yorubas contributions to other cities outside yorubaland.

Tell me which ethnic region/tribe do not have mansions and businesses in Lagos. The input of those other major ethnic groups to the delopment of Lagos and their stake in her is far
greater than that of the igbo. Going by your logic, all ethnic regions in Nigeria have a say in Lagos affairs.
Secondly, you should ask yourself why these business men you listed chose to conduct their business in Lagos SW and not alaigbo or any other states in Nigeria. SW states have innovative approach to attracting foreign direct investments (FDI). Our environment is one within which business can be run without any hitch. They didn't come to lagos because they love the Yoruba or wants to improve the fortune of the lagosians but because they saw it as a conducive destination for business, industry and commerce just like other SW states like Ogun and Oyo.
So when we have everything at our disposal why should we run to other cities to invest. what will other cities offer us that the SW in its entirety cannot offer? SW has a lot of benefits to offer for investors which SE cannot provide. Between, we are accommodating and tolerant. investors feel at home in the SW hence the reason for chosen as their choice of destination for investment. Whether you like it or not, SW has the highest number of industries in Nigeria. Thanks to our state governments who made this possible through its efforts in creating an enabling environment that would attract local and foreign investors.
Less I forget we have many prominent Yoruba business mean and women in port Harcourt because that is our second place we feel at home. Sorry but we cannot invest in your erosion ravaged city. I have the directory of oil and gas services and other companies in Nigeria with me. Youba and Hausa takes the lead. We don't do petty business and we are not traders.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by duni04(m): 1:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
Off point, is lagos the only yoruba city? Because you guys keep on mentioning it many kidnap cases have been reported in yorubaland not excluding rape and ritual cases I can't remember the last time I read report of kidnap case in Onitsha. Lagos is one of the biggest slums in the world so its not only onitsha that has slums. Many yoruba guys are in Onitsha which I have some as friends. I mention other none Igbo states why are you avoiding it by not listing yoruba contributions in those states economy, like you said the answer is none.
About contributions to other regions in Nigeria, there is just no incentive for a Yoruba man in Lagos, Ibadan or Abeokuta to leave his place and go East or North, Economic incentive or otherwise. The South West is the most prosperous region in Nigeria, economically. It doesn't make sense leaving here to go to Kano or Onitsha. On the other hand, hundreds of Easterners and Northerners migrate to the south west everyday. The Northerners engage in manual labour jobs, security and small scale trading. The Easterners are mostly traders. All this talk about easterners contributing to anything is just nonsense talk. You guys are economic migrants. You said so yourself, you started coming in droves after the Civil war when Poverty was killing you in the east.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by ichidodo: 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

U people that are always going on about brown roofs in Ibadan and osogbo, u telling me there are no houses with brown roofs in Aba, Onitsha, Enugu and nnewi? Even if Ibadan and Osogbo have plenty of houses with brown roofs, why do they have more economic immigrants from the east than there are western or northern immigrants in Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi?
There are more eastern immigrants because most economic facilities and infrastructures built by the colonials and FG are situated in Lagos....There are more eastern immigrants because most are led by the spirit of enterprise and adventure which is why Lagos has been a launchpad to eastern economic immigrants in Europe,South-east Asia,America and the Carribeans,sourcing and attracting FDI to Nigeria.....There are more eastern immigrants because western people are risk-averse,narcissists and laid-back (didn't want to say lazy) allowing for economic niches which are currently occupied by these so-called immigrants who have taken it upon themselves to own,develop land and not build brown roof shacks.Otherwise Lagos would have been one giant brown roof slum..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Fertilenigeria: 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
indeed Lagos is really working
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by xkris11(m): 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
scantee:

Ya no doubt Lagos is beautiful especially those island-Ikoyi areas, but you need visit ago palace, I went there yesterday to see a friend I was like Gush what exactly is the chairman of Isolo LGA doing? the whole roads condition is unmentionable.

Really?when did you visit,because the Ago road is okay,tired and beautiful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Regret Coming To Canada / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana? / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.