Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London (79508 Views)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / The Lagos You Will Not See On Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ayoswit(f): 11:20am On Nov 09, 2014
sometimes
i wonder why Deji Badmos CCTV reporter will go 2 a dirty place in lagos
on reporting things frm Nigeria instead of nice places like ds
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by poiZon: 11:20am On Nov 09, 2014
awa oyel money eh, nija delta money eh, oga dey chop am nyafu nyafu, dem dey use am build plac3s like lasgidi n abj.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:21am On Nov 09, 2014
symbian03:

Uchenna, so na you build am abi? why the hate for our prestigious Fashola? because him don scatter your base for Oshodi and your roadside okrika business no gree move again ba? No worry, expect him in Alaba soon.

Thank you
Nawa see reasoning BROS you well at all? Where did you see hate words there if I may ask na fashola build all this buildings? 90 percent of the buildings have been there before Tinubu administration can't you see they are private buildings from companies in lagos if you can kindly go through my comments on this thread you will see where I educate the other guy about the reason why I said its not far from the truth, mind you lagos is a metropolitan city. Try to comprehend and think before typing to avoid this type of unintelligent comment
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by calaway: 11:21am On Nov 09, 2014
symbian03:

Uchenna, so na you build am abi? why the hate for our prestigious Fashola? because him don scatter your base for Oshodi and your roadside okrika business no gree move again ba? No worry, expect him in Alaba soon.

Thank you
As if you dont know that Lagos was capital territory until 1990. All federal roads and and federal high rise building and thiose long bridges where built by federal govt with oil money from Uche's SE. and mind you Alaba Market was a thick forest when igbo we sent there to do business after the war. Alaba is what it is today by pure power of uche's enterprise. Respect the hand that feed you and still feeds u monthly!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
When I talk of them being tenants did I mention Igbos? Can't they be tenants to a yoruba man from another state? Or hausa man or Igbo man even ijaw man, tiv man etc so where is the chest beating? I still insist on my comment, aboriginals that are at estimated two millions will all be rich and can afford to own properties? The ones you know are few out of majority and please when you want to argue with me act matured and stop using abusive words to address me. Thanks
Whether you like it or not, the Awori are Yoruba. The Awori were actually from Ife the cradle of YorubalandSo It is of no concern to you if a Yoruba man is a tenant to a fellow Yoruba man. You brag about anything that has to do with lands WTF! When has it become a crime to buy lands. Aren't Yoruba's owners of lands in PH, Enugu and Abuja? Aren't Bini's owners of lands in Warri and Lagos? And Hausas with mansions in Lagos and PH and yet nobody cries about it except our flat head, empty-chest beating brothers who obsess 24/7 with how many lands they bought after leaving their village. Only people with low mentality does that.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by aljharem(m): 11:23am On Nov 09, 2014
As usual FG infrastructure
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by sunnyflakes(m): 11:24am On Nov 09, 2014
experimentist:
Ask me anything... I schooled in lagos

PLEASE NAME THOSE PLACES SHOWN IN THE PHOTOS...
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by holatin(m): 11:29am On Nov 09, 2014
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:30am On Nov 09, 2014
harde2lah:

Whether you like it or not, the Awori are Yoruba. The Awori were actually from Ife the cradle of YorubalandSo It is of no concern to you if a Yoruba man is a tenant to a fellow Yoruba man. You brag about anything that has to do with lands WTF! When has it become a crime to buy lands. Aren't Yoruba's owners of lands in PH, Enugu and Abuja? Aren't Bini's owners of lands in Warri and Lagos? And Hausas with mansions in Lagos and PH and yet nobody cries about it except our flat head, empty-chest beating brothers who obsess 24/7 with how many lands they bought after leaving their village. Only people with low mentality does that.
lol stop ranting you hear Igbos can afford to boost because of their contributions in lagos which you are aware of that, we beat our chest because we know what we are capable of and the records are there, the Yoruba owner of mansions in Enugu, PH and Abuja are they the majority land and property owners? The answer is no so they have no say in those cities so you shall not expect to hear their voice.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by holatin(m): 11:34am On Nov 09, 2014
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by newacca: 11:35am On Nov 09, 2014
Lagos,Nigeria kiss smiley
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by canalily(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
Nice!
..pls can i get enlightend from you...pls?
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
lol stop ranting you hear Igbos can afford to boost because of their contributions in lagos which you are aware of that, we beat our chest because we know what we are capable of and the records are there, the Yoruba owner of mansions in Enugu, PH and Abuja are they the majority land and property owners? The answer is no so they have no say in those cities so you shall not expect to hear their voice.
story for the gods. Please tell me exactly your contributions in Lagos that other regions have not contributed. Which corporate social responsibility has your region done in Lagos. Please mention the hospitals, schools, universities, borehole and other amenities that Igbos have done in Lagos. You re only in Lagos to make ends meet and you pay tax to the government just like any other person or organization. You all claim to be mansion owners on Nairaland but the recent picture splash by the odua insurgents revealed you guys has low lifers who only has spare part shop, okrika market and cafe in Lagos. The big guns in Lagos like Dangote don't make noise about it. Show us pictures if your mansion and other properties in Lagos. Nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by brownlord: 11:45am On Nov 09, 2014
vizkiz:
still waiting for pictures of some other parts of Lagos I.e
Mile-12 tongue
Ketu/alapere
Oshodi
Oworoshoki
Mushin
Ajegunle
Ojota
Ikorodu garage grin

Come on fellas aren't we proud of these places??

Why you come spoil this party now?
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ayoswit(f): 11:47am On Nov 09, 2014
oluwafemi113:
Pls don't compare Lagos with Uyo

uyo is 27 yrs while lagos is as old as Nigeria but uyo has already assume more than half d beauty of lagos

moreso interms of beauty, aesthetic & cleanliness uyo outwit lagos
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by duni04(m): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2014
ichidodo:
The truth is for Lagos to maintain its cosmopolitan status -a prime ctiteriion to attractin investors,structural beauty and global fame- it must remain NO MAN'S LAND as it has always been since Oba Kosoko ceded prime heartland to the British else we might have a set back up to massive proliferation of brown roof boroughs and slums like Ibadam,Oshogbo and Abeokuta..
U people that are always going on about brown roofs in Ibadan and osogbo, u telling me there are no houses with brown roofs in Aba, Onitsha, Enugu and nnewi? Even if Ibadan and Osogbo have plenty of houses with brown roofs, why do they have more economic immigrants from the east than there are western or northern immigrants in Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Olayinka8793(m): 11:53am On Nov 09, 2014
ichidodo:
Beautiful cosmopolitan Lagos....My birthplace...Our No man's land..
so u don disown your state of origin in igboland abi?
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Arsenate(m): 11:54am On Nov 09, 2014
akugbemike:
Lagos

When I first visited Lagos in search for greener pasture.... I actually caused Lagos everyday I stepped out.

But now ehn, if I get an offer of 700,000 NGN monthly here in Lagos to another offer in my previous state (Warri), maybe 1,000,000 NGN.... Omo, its still going to be Lagos any day any time o.

Lagos is filled with everything (everyday drama from commuters, etc).

THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN LAGOS IS MAINLAND.
wow that's nice to know. what specifically made you fall in love with Lagos? I've been in Lagos for over 3 years now; I've tried my best to "enjoy" the way most lagosians claim they are, but naaaa....the stress levels in that town isn't worth it. you literally struggle for everything; things people take for granted in other parts of the country are a privilege to an average lagosian.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by duni04(m): 11:57am On Nov 09, 2014
calaway:

As if you dont know that Lagos was capital territory until 1990. All federal roads and and federal high rise building and thiose long bridges where built by federal govt with oil money from Uche's SE. and mind you Alaba Market was a thick forest when igbo we sent there to do business after the war. Alaba is what it is today by pure power of uche's enterprise. Respect the hand that feed you and still feeds u monthly!!!
Oil money from the south east ke? Who dash them?
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by experimentist: 11:58am On Nov 09, 2014
sunnyflakes:

PLEASE NAME THOSE PLACES SHOWN IN THE PHOTOS...
there's 1004 aka 1G4 estate and opposite it you go civic center...the bridge linking vi to falomo is there... You also have the lagos island lawn tennis club there, oh what a nice view there! And back to vi you four point hotel, baad and beautiful architecting if you ask me.. Where else? Lo wo wa!
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2014
harde2lah:

story for the gods. Please tell me exactly your contributions in Lagos that other regions have not contributed. Which corporate social responsibility has your region done in Lagos. Please mention the hospitals, schools, universities, borehole and other amenities that Igbos have done in Lagos. You re only in Lagos to make ends meet and you pay tax to the government just like any other person or organization. You all claim to be mansion owners on Nairaland but the recent picture splash by the odua insurgents revealed you guys has low lifers who only has spare part shop, okrika market and cafe in Lagos. The big guns in Lagos like Dangote don't make noise about it. Show us pictures if your mansion and other properties in Lagos. Nonsense!
lol many Igbos have mansions and businesses in lagos the likes of Cocharis, Capital oil, Young shall grow motors and group of companies which includes hotels etc, Kenedilichukwu transport company, ABC transport, to mention a few have their headquarters in Lagos even okrika sellers, spare parts sellers in ladipo, electronics sellers in Alaba top Igbo entertainers, and top Igbo executives in big companies have made huge significant contributions in the economy of lagos so they have a say in lagos affairs. List the yorubas contributions to other cities outside yorubaland.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by ProfessorPeter(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
Lagos na former FCT. Most of those buildings were built by federal government.
Fashola try sha but na Tinubu thief all the Lagos state money through back door
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by muh4lyf(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
patriotic007:
BEHOLD THE GIANT OF AFRICA.....NIGERIA IS GREAT AND I BELIEVE IN THIS COUNTRY.....REGARDLESS OF WHO RULES THE COUNTRY.....I LOVE MY COUNTRY AND I WILL ALWAYS HAVE HOPE IN NIGERIA

GEJ TILL 2019
Mumu giant of Africa by population.... Stop deceiving yourself... GEJ going back to otuoke...
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Davidson267(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
mainman7:
My wonderful Lagos! Eko o ni baje o! Awon to ba fe ba je, thunder, fire and lightening all rolled into one go strike them!!! Fiam!!!!
This thread go make sense o!
Oya, my fellow tribal worriors and antagonists! Attack me make I destroy you!!! I'm ready!!!
**Came back to edit because, they r afraid to respond**
Fear don catch them, dem don go hide. Come on, don't dissapoint me, this is not intresting. May be I need to be precise, where are the idiotic senseless igbos na?!
another mad man ranting.what do u gain from this ur tribal nonsence.wake up and shune tribalism
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by komek(m): 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
See as Lagos fine for pix, coming close, everywhere looks dusty and dirty.

Who wan politicise these pictures na, some of those pictures are from private initiatives and not anything close to APC nor PDP ideas.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by duni04(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
lol many Igbos have mansions and businesses in lagos the likes of Cocharis, Capital oil, Young shall grow motors and group of companies which includes hotels etc, Kenedilichukwu transport company, ABC transport, to mention a few have their headquarters in Lagos even okrika sellers, spare parts sellers in ladipo, electronics sellers in Alaba top Igbo entertainers, and top Igbo executives in big companies have made huge significant contributions in the economy of lagos so they have a say in lagos affairs. List the yorubas contributions to other cities outside yorubaland.
Your question is as stupid as asking a Londoner what he's contributed to Lagos cos many Lagosians own businesses in London. What incentive does any Londoner have to leave his peaceful and prosperous life and come to Nigerian to do anything?
The South west is peaceful and economically richer than other regions in Nigeria. There is no incentive for any westerner to run to the east for anything, except he wants to be kidnapped or duped.
That's why economic migrants like yourself can come here and brag about being successful.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Buffer(f): 12:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
anonimi:
Is it not MORE important to compare

- the minimum wage of N18,000 [actually N10,000 to the 'empowered' street sweepers] to Lagos LGA chairman's salary versus the minimum wage in London compared to Mayor Boris' salary.
- the % of Lagos children who cannot go to school [PUBLIC or private] versus London children who cannot.
- how many Lagos households and businesses do not have TAP water compared to those without water in London.
- how many mansions, houses, business premises do not have a good FEEDER road [state & LGA responsibility] in front of them versus London.

That is what a rational person who is not clueless would do to understand why Lagosians and yorubas prefer to get stuck in London than stay in Lagos despite its few 'wow' physical infrastructure that is not complemented by HUMAN capital development.

For how much longer shall we remain FOOLISH
My heart bleeds when I see people posting pictures of few structures built by stolen money that was supposed to provide BASIC infrastructures for them. A city that the educational system is in shambles, feeder road networks are horrible and very poor access to portable water.
We need to start holding government at all levels responsible for allocations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

Your question is as stupid as asking a Londoner what he's contributed to Lagos cos many Lagosians own businesses in London. What incentive does any Londoner have to leave his peaceful and prosperous life and come to Nigerian to do anything?
The South west is peaceful and economically richer than other regions in Nigeria. There is no incentive for any westerner to run to the east for anything, except he wants to be kidnapped or duped.
That's why economic migrants like yourself can come here and brag about being successful.
bla bla bla bla if any of you guys can't list the yorubas contributions outside yorubaland all you are saying is stories for the gods. Come again you can do better than this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Regret Coming To Canada / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana? / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.