Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London (79503 Views)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / The Lagos You Will Not See On Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
I have lived in Uyo. Uyo can never and will never be up to Lagos standard. My only regret is not taking pictures of their slums.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ayoswit:
uyo is 27 yrs while lagos is as old as Nigeria but uyo has already assume more than half d beauty of lagos

moreso interms of beauty, aesthetic & cleanliness uyo outwit lagos
Have you ever imagined what uyo would look like if they have the same number of population as Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by hardbody: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
leofab:
naivety is your case; so it's fashola that built those structures with his pocket money?

I am sorry but i do not think your response was deliberately directed at me. I do not see any relationship in my post and yours and where i even remotely referred to Fashola. I only sought to explain to the person i responded to why Satelite town has changed from what it used to be before she left.

Please for your information, i dont ever discuss politics and rarely governance. I hope i made myself clear.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
Jarus:
It is very annoying how some tribespeople are always claiming glory for any positive about Lagos (and Abuja).

Yorubas have played great role in the economic development of major cities in Nigeria, from Kaduna to PH

For God's sake, how many times have you seen Yoruba people claiming glory of another land?

This pettiness of these people is very annoying. angry

For Oga Jarus to have written this post then these folks have really pushed it to the limit.

I do not think I've seen you taken by tribal slurs and inciting comments from these 'people', you must have gotten to your limit. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by duni04(m): 1:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
ichidodo:
There are more eastern immigrants because most economic facilities and infrastructures built by the colonials and FG are situated in Lagos....There are more eastern immigrants because most are led by the spirit of enterprise and adventure which is why Lagos has been a launchpad to eastern economic immigrants in Europe,South-east Asia,America and the Carribeans,sourcing and attracting FDI to Nigeria.....There are more eastern immigrants because western people are risk-averse,narcissists and laid-back (didn't want to say lazy) allowing for economic niches which are currently occupied by these so-called immigrants who have taken it upon themselves to own,develop land and not build brown roof shacks.Otherwise Lagos would have been one giant brown roof slum..
Funny cos most of the slums in Lagos are inhabited by migrants from the Niger Delta and the East. Ajegunle, Festac and Ikotun are popular in Lagos cos they are crime ridden and full of Easterners and people from the Niger delta. That's your contribution to Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ishilove: 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
oluwafemi113:
Lagos is truly a beautiful city to live in and this amazing photos of Lagos will surely wow you and make you believe that Lagos compares to cities like London and New York. Enjoy the photos:

Lagos is working

http://kokofeed.com/2014/10/30/10-unbelievable-photos-of-lagos-you-will-mistake-for-london/
Lagos is working my black asss. A majority of lagos inhabitants live on the mainland, where the roads are fvcked and broken down vehicles litter the streets. Have you visited Orile, Ikotun, Agege, Igando, Iyana-paja, some parts of Ago-Okota, Ejigbo, Shahsa etc?

Stop this useless propaganda!! angry
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by scantee(m): 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
xkris11:

Really?when did you visit,because the Ago road is okay,tired and beautiful

ya from Okota round about to .......after Diamond bank is ok, from there before Amuwo Odofiin road is in sorry state, you need to visit there whenever it rains.

though I am emphasiing more on the street roads like Nwachukwu Drive to Balogun.....the area na die.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by hardbody: 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
scantee:
Abeg OP modify your title to Beautiful Lagos Island and Lekki in Lagos.

as am typing this my car is trapped by mud at Ago-Okota Area. only God knows when I will get out this place.

SMH.

When rather than concentrate and drive you are chatting, why your motor no go enter mud. Them take NL do u?
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
harde2lah:

Tell me which ethnic region/tribe do not have mansions and businesses in Lagos. The input of those other major ethnic groups to the delopment of Lagos and their stake in her is far
greater than that of the igbo. Going by your logic, all ethnic regions in Nigeria have a say in Lagos affairs.
Secondly, you should ask yourself why these business men you listed chose to conduct their business in Lagos SW and not alaigbo or any other states in Nigeria. SW states have innovative approach to attracting foreign direct investments (FDI). Our environment is one within which business can be run without any hitch. They didn't come to lagos because they love the Yoruba or wants to improve the fortune of the lagosians but because they saw it as a conducive destination for business, industry and commerce just like other SW states like Ogun and Oyo.
So when we have everything at our disposal why should we run to other cities to invest. what will other cities offer us that the SW in its entirety cannot offer? SW has a lot of benefits to offer for investors which SE cannot provide. Between, we are accommodating and tolerant. investors feel at home in the SW hence the reason for chosen as their choice of destination for investment. Whether you like it or not, SW has the highest number of industries in Nigeria. Thanks to our state governments who made this possible through its efforts in creating an enabling environment that would attract local and foreign investors.
Less I forget we have many prominent Yoruba business mean and women in port Harcourt because that is our second place we feel at home. Sorry but we cannot invest in your erosion ravaged city. I have the directory of oil and gas services and other companies in Nigeria with me. Youba and Hausa takes the lead. We don't do petty business and we are not traders.
The input of other tribes in lagos put together maybe be greater but by tribes no. Yorubaland have the largest number of industries yes reasons geographic and political factors, lagos is at the sea side and was made the capital by colonial masters and nigerian government maintain the statue due till it was taken to Abuja, it makes lagos the commercial center of the nation, Ogun state because of its closeness and the population in lagos many factories, industries, businesses and churches relocated to Ogun state in other to service the lagos market, Oyo state is another beneficial. List the names of the prominent yoruba men and women that have businesses in PH and the names of their companies is that too much to ask too. Yoruba can't invest in Igboland because you people can't change your brown roof cities na another man land una go invest

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by scantee(m): 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
xkris11:

xkris11:

ya from Okota round about to .......after Diamond bank is ok, from there before Amuwo Odofiin road is in sorry state, you need to visit there whenever it rains.

though I am emphasiing more on the street roads like Nwachukwu Drive to Balogun.....the area na die.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

Your question is as stupid as asking a Londoner what he's contributed to Lagos cos many Lagosians own businesses in London. What incentive does any Londoner have to leave his peaceful and prosperous life and come to Nigerian to do anything?
The South west is peaceful and economically richer than other regions in Nigeria. There is no incentive for any westerner to run to the east for anything, except he wants to be kidnapped or duped.
That's why economic migrants like yourself can come here and brag about being successful.
Thank you. Exactly what I wrote in one of my posts. Investors go where a good Return on Investment (ROI) is assured for them hence the SW. but they are too daft to comprehend that. Let them go to Iraq to develop their land too. Bunch of mofos. They all have mansions in Lagos
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by bayulll01(m): 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
Jilo83:
see our oyel moni
God punnish u and ur entire generation dint u know lagos is made even before your stupid country was amalgamated,oloshi go and read lagos and its environ that is if u can read at all,or better still ask your pathetic leaders why cant they use same oil money to built u useless state omo alee

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by eph12(m): 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
If not lagos island, where else? Abegi make person hear word. Island truly is beautiful, same as ikeja but the rest of lagos is an eye sore. we have a long way to go
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by IGBOSON1: 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
Jilo83:
see our oyel moni

^^^Serves you right! wink
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

About contributions to other regions in Nigeria, there is just no incentive for a Yoruba man in Lagos, Ibadan or Abeokuta to leave his place and go East or North, Economic incentive or otherwise. The South West is the most prosperous region in Nigeria, economically. It doesn't make sense leaving here to go to Kano or Onitsha. On the other hand, hundreds of Easterners and Northerners migrate to the south west everyday. The Northerners engage in manual labour jobs, security and small scale trading. The Easterners are mostly traders. All this talk about easterners contributing to anything is just nonsense talk. You guys are economic migrants. You said so yourself, you started coming in droves after the Civil war when Poverty was killing you in the east.
If poverty is having good and modern buildings and development and progress is having brown roof cities I rather choose the former. Mr man can't you people list your contributions to the development of this country outside yorubaland is that too much to ask for?
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by scantee(m): 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
hardbody:

When rather than concentrate and drive you are chatting, why your motor no go enter mud. Them take NL do u?

lol it has actually happened before I came online.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by scantee(m): 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
xkris11:

xkris11:

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by canalily(m): 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Why, absolutely. You need only ask, my spirit child for knowledge is as food; we feed with it the mind, and nourish with it the soul.
pls could u feed and nourish me by chating me via my email?
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by PAINGAIN: 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
victorv12:
Who are the people selling us the story about beautiful Lagos? Have you ever been to Abu Dhabi, or Las Vegas strip before?

guy u dey go far, make we start for africa, u can't compare lagos to johannesburg or pretoria?cape town,durban in south africa alone. One thing u must know is dat na people wey never enter plane komot for naija dey always make mouth about lagos, abuja and d whole of naija.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by calaway: 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

Oil money from the south east ke? Who dash them?
ANYWAY WHAT DO YOU KNOW? IS IT NOT JUST FR YOUR STATE GOVERNOR TO GO AND LINE UP AND COLLECT MONTHLY OIL REVENUE TO BUILD YOUR STATE AS THEY RUIN SE AND SS? lOOK UP "UKWA WEST" IN ABIA STATE AND "OHAJI/EGBEMA" IN IMO STATE. THESE AREA HAVE BEEN PRODUCING CRUDE OIL TO FEED YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SINCE 1978 YET THE ARE THE LEAST DEVELOPED.
THIS BORN TO RULE IS JUST STRANGULATING. THE IMAGINED RIGHT OF ENTITLEMENT HAS CAUSED YOU TO TAKE THE SOURCE OF YOUR FOOD FOR GRANTED.

THERE IS GOD. INJUSTICE CAN ONLY SUSTAIN FOR A WHILE.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
The input of other tribes in lagos put together maybe be greater but by tribes no. Yorubaland have the largest number of industries yes reasons geographic and political factors, lagos is at the sea side and was made the capital by colonial masters and nigerian government maintain the statue due till it was taken to Abuja, it makes lagos the commercial center of the nation, Ogun state because of its closeness and the population in lagos many factories, industries, businesses and churches relocated to Ogun state in other to service the lagos market, Oyo state is another beneficial. List the names of the prominent yoruba men and women that have businesses in PH and the names of their companies is that too much to ask too. Yoruba can't invest in Igboland because you people can't change your brown roof cities na another man land una go invest
I will list them here when my laptop is energized. I don't have power on my laptop now. No, we can't invest in yiboland because we don't trust you; we don't want you to kidnap us; you are greedy; we don't want our investment to be washed away by erowion; we don't want to be eaten by cannibals; and finally your environment is not conducive to business and a good ROI is not assured. We will invest in your land when you have learnt how to stay in your land and stop being a parasite

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
Olayinka8793:
I beg u to stop replying the attention seeking flat headed mofo bro,let him keep on deceiving himself,what i know is dat he regret been born in the accursed east and wished he were a Yoruba.
I need to put that lagosian wannabe where he belongs. he would soon be deported back to his erosion laden region.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by duni04(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
If poverty is having good and modern buildings and development and progress is having brown roof cities I rather choose the former. Mr man can't you people list your contributions to the development of this country outside yorubaland is that too much to ask for?
Lol so you're leaving your good and modern buildings in the east to live in brown roofs in the west? I thought we already agreed that Westerners haven't contributed anything to other parts of Nigeria? I can't imagine myself waking up and packing my bags to travel to the East and invest anything. Even the thought of it is funny. When you people don't even like your place enough to stay there and develop it, I'll be the one to go and invest there? The North and East of Nigreria are almost the same, Poverty and security wise. No incentive to go and contribute anything there.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by ichidodo: 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

Funny cos most of the slums in Lagos are inhabited by migrants from the Niger Delta and the East. Ajegunle, Festac and Ikotun are popular in Lagos cos they are crime ridden and full of Easterners and people from the Niger delta. That's your contribution to Lagos.
We might agree to a certain degree of the 'sophisticated' criminality in Festac and maybe Ajegunle but that of Ikotun is far-off the mark and are mostly perpetuated by omo-oniles or agberos who with their extended families live in face-me-i-face-you shanties amongst modern housing of eastern people and are mostly under the employ of land barons by day and criminals by night. Nevertheless you can never compare those areas with the high crime rate of Mushin,Bariga,Surulere,Ojuelegba,Obalende,Adeniji-Adele,Agege,Abule-egba etc...its horrific in these western enclaves with day-light robbery,murder and outright gang wars in run-down neighbourhoods and motor parks resulting into loss of yorobar lives,looting and property damage.....These agberos and their activities are a constant stain in the Lagos cityscape.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
Natasha2:
Wow, very nice pictures. I'll go there someday.
sounds funny tho, are u a nigerian or are u a somalian....jst asking, Reminds me of when I was a kid, then I was saying I wil go 2 london someday, and tank God I lived up to my dreams.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by calaway: 1:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
duni04:

Lol so you're leaving your good and modern buildings in the east to live in brown roofs in the west? I thought we already agreed that Westerners haven't contributed anything to other parts of Nigeria? I can't imagine myself waking up and packing my bags to travel to the East and invest anything. Even the thought of it is funny. When you people don't even like your place enough to stay there and develop it, I'll be the one to go and invest there? The North and East of Nigreria are almost the same, Poverty and security wise. No incentive to go and contribute anything there.

Understand that your Nigeria refused to develop basic infrastructure that will encourage living and enterprise in the SE & SS scenerio 80% of electronic and consumer merchandise imported into the country is done by igbos and traded by igbo. these imports have to be hualed or transported all the way to Onitsha and Aba where there are thriving international markets even though there are seaport in port harcourt, calabar and warri you and your hausa brothers have made it impossible for the importer to use these port and so increase cost of doing business and also generating revenue for lagos port. Visit the MMA international airport you will find that 70% of the daily international traffic are igbos yet your hausa brothers deprived these mobile group their own international airport while all the using their our oil resource to fund and service your ports. I ask you is this fair? Yet Igbo has excelled in lagos 70% of lekki and v/i extension belong to igbos in FCT 60% of property belongs to igbos all by power of enterprise. But yoruba and Hausa mogul have enjoyed government patronage to be who they are. you gotta give kudos to the igbo!

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
Lagos is indeed a nice place. I first visited after my nysc in June 2014 when i was called for a bank entry level test in VI. I didn't even want to go back if only the bank job clicked. I stayed in Thomas estate in lekki,visited Vi that is where i went for the test and also passed through Ikeja and so many beautiful places. If i have my way (a good job) I will relocate from pH to Lagos....

3 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
Cheii, my very own lagos kiss kiss
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
canalily:
pls could u feed and nourish me by chating me via my email?

Lmao. I just died. I died twice.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by duni04(m): 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
calaway:

Understand that your Nigeria refused to develop basic infrastructure that will encourage living and enterprise in the SE & SS scenerio 80% of electronic and consumer merchandise imported into the country is done by igbos and traded by igbo. these imports have to be hualed or transported all the way to Onitsha and Aba where the are thriving international markets even though there are seaport in port harcourt, calabar and warri you hausa brothers have made it impossible to the importer to us these port and so increase cost of doing business and also generating revenue for lagos port. Visit the MMA international airport you will find that 70% of the daily international traffic are igbos yet your hausa brothers deprived these mobile group their own international airport while all the using their our oil resource to fund and service your ports. I ask you is this fair? Yet Igbo has excelled in lagos 70% of lekki and v/i extension belong to igbos in FCT 60% of property belongs to igbos all by power of enterprise. But yoruba and Hausa mogul have enjoyed government patronage to be who they are. you gotta give kudos to the igbo!
Lol interesting stats! 70% of Lekki and VI belongs to Easterners? I'm sure Okoya, Oniru and the other land owning families in Lagos have eastern ancestry. 60% in Abuja? Lol grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by calaway: 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
tebirim:
Lagos is indeed a nice place. I first visited after my nysc in June 2014 when i was called for a bank entey level test in VI. I didn't even want to go back if only the bank job clicked. I stayed in Thomas estate in lekki,visited Vi that is where i went for the test and also passed through Ikeja and so many beautiful places. If i have my way (a good job) I will relocate from pH to Lagos....

Have you visited ABUJA? all the splendor of ABUJA down to the smallest piece of gravel on the street is oil money from the SS/SE and 80% of what you see in Lagos is also Oil money driven. IMAGINE if all this money where used where they were gotten. I mean all the oil money from PH used in PH you would be in Heaven. So you should feel sorry that a people where so cheated to the benefit of others. and yet they still try to cheat them out of leadership of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

I Regret Coming To Canada / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana? / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.