Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? (59869 Views)

My Cousin Is Tempting Me , What Do I Do ? / My Cousin Is Crazy / Please, What Are The Signs That Your Cousin(female) Is In Love With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by lakidanjak: 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
seems some perverts are having crushes on their cousins and are seeking for a leeway. chai !!!

2 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
[deleted]

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by redcliff: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
samflexxy:
religion--there's no place in the bible which state that thu shall not have a relation with thu cousin

Societal--- I leave my life for me not for anybody

there totally is.. I would get it for you

LEviticus 18

read down properly to be better acquainted
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
einsteino:
actually in logic, you being indiferrent in such a scenario means you allow it. there is no sitting on the fence in this kind of aarguement.
how you come about einstein as your moniker is baffling to me :

INDIFFERENCE is english which implies ''I don't care'' whether you marry your cousin or you don't marry your cousin !

How you interpreted my ''indifference'' to implied I allow cousin marrying makes me to call the einstein behind your moniker to question !!

If you ask me whether I would do it : I will tell you NO but I won't condemn others who do it thus i'm INDIFFERENCE to it .... It is neither right nor wrong to me : it is what it is :

cousin marrying cousin !
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by vicchi12(f): 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2014
seemore:
Noah's kids must have married themselves after the flood. So there you go. . .
read the bible before making STEWpid comments, they went into the rk with their wives

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by redcliff: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
The bible didn't condemn it...If you think otherwise show me where the bible condemned it.

leviticus 18.. read down..stop being ignorant
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by mzhorlah(f): 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
Can Ɣou date a monkey Simply because it looks like a human being

The same reason Ɣou can't date a monkey applies to Ɣou dating your cousin

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by vicchi12(f): 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
Umennajiego:
The Bible does not forbid marrying your cousin so let's make sure in our zeal to help others that we don't confuse what our culture teaches with what the Bible teaches.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Leviticus 18 lists the forbidden relationships and cousins are not forbidden nor is cousin marriage forbidden anywhere else in the Bible.

God may have chosen your cousin for you and if He chose him it would be a sin to walk away from this. There is no evidence that there is a significant increase in birth defects when cousins marry. The preferred marriage among the Israelites was cousin to cousin marriage and Jews to this day have an average I.Q. of over 120 with the highest population of Geniuses in the world. Ever hear of Einstein?

Both Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin married their first cousins. If such scientists as these had no fear of "defects" in their children then you should not. Their children were all healthy and bright. However, if you're really stupid and your cousin is really stupid then there is a much higher chance that your children will be really stupid. Is there room for a little humor here?

The fact is that cousin marriage was banned by the Roman Catholic church under 'Pope Gregory I' in an attempt to prevent the accumulation of wealth and power within families. The popes saw wealth among the common man as competition for their own power. This power structure exists in the Philippines to this day and is hampering economic development. The ban had nothing to do with our Bibles which we read regularly, don't we?

Civil disobedience has a long history within the Christian community. You've all heard of people power. When the people gathered by the thousands outside of Malacanang to oust Marcos that was against the law. Was it a sin? No. If you must go to another province or state to marry your cousin so that nobody will report you then that is what you must do. Will that be against the law? Maybe. Is it a sin? No. This is not unheard of in the Philippines, The United States, and many other countries where Born Again Christians live in sufficient numbers to make such laws of no effect. I know of such a couple in the Philippines and they live happily to this day. They're now in their 60s with 5 children and many grandchildren. They're born again of course because it is the pope who forbids cousin marriage, not the Bible.

Enjoy for your reading pleasure grin[color=#000099][/color]
must be feeling like a genius.. mcheww. please do not misinterprete my Biblefor me. It isan abomination, read the bible and pray to God to give you wisdom while reading that particular Chapter. Secondly, go read about the disease that afflicts some of the europeans, today..cant remember what its called, but the fact that Eistein did it doesnt it make the practice right.

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by danieljessy: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
angrySo many insignificant topics making FP on NL
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
charlsecy:

The verse condems relations with one's sister or step-sister, NOT cousin.

You don't read your Bible. Or if you do, you don't understand it.
what's this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by vicchi12(f): 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
danieljessy:
angrySo many insignificant topics making FP on NL
I know
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
Rea
charlsecy:

The verse condems relations with one's sister or step-sister, NOT cousin.

You don't read your Bible. Or if you do, you don't understand it.
Read King James version,Leviticus 18:9.

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Osocan(m): 10:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
chimerase2:
oh just shut up
Wich kind of useless view do u want him to view ua useless post
Wat is even wrong with the mentality of some pple gon self
Is ur cousin not ur sista angry
How ur cousin take be your sister?
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
donroxy:
Some culture allow it but only forbid marriage between Brothers/Sister .... Half brother/half sister , Aunts/Uncle, Nephew/Niece , StepMother/StepFather .......

Islam my religion allow marriage between cousins while Yoruba my heritage forbid it .... Me I'm indifference !!
islam permit but there is a clause behinde it which as to do with heredity.( as in inherent trait of some lineage diseases). feel free to as more about it no harm in gaining more knowledge.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
Enof fish dey river naa
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by simplisity(m): 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
In igbo land is a Sacrilage. Imagine dating ur uncle's daughter, Is an error
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Benard94:
There is this raging arguement in my area as to if one could date/marry his/her cousin. Some stood frankly against it while others saw no crack in it. Apart, what is the measure of closeness where one could restrict dating? Is cousin-dating ethical?

I think this Ur arguement was actually done in a bar under d influence of some bottles. Because no sane being will even engage in this kinda discussion.

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by harry509: 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
Benard94:
There is this raging arguement in my area as to if one could date/marry his/her cousin. Some stood frankly against it while others saw no crack in it. Apart, what is the measure of closeness where one could restrict dating? Is cousin-dating ethical?
dis kind of question shud b 4warded 2 china departmnt pls cool cool
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Maccoy1(m): 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
Cholls:
my brother so u r looking for someone to agree with you to date your cousin abi. Go ahead and f#(k your sister/cousin cry

almost choking with laughter
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Anglovel: 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
[quote author=braine post=27958499]How would someone in Nigeria even imagine it as right? Na China we dey ni?[
its unafrican,unchristianly,agst all our sacred norms.....pls dont tempt d devil to destroy u.......
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
Out of millions of girls available na only your cousin you want to de Bleep. If you can Bleep your cousin you can as well Bleep your direct sister because na de same blood connect una together
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by OICpositive: 11:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
Benard94:
in our igbo culture its strictly prohibited
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by swagwu(m): 12:00am On Nov 14, 2014
kai u wnt to mess ur cousin

chei chei dereis GOD OOO
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by motini(m): 12:13am On Nov 14, 2014
Definitely not ethical... #storyforthegods
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by youngice(m): 12:16am On Nov 14, 2014
dynamic006:

Recheck what inbreeding is, that's not inbreeding
I typed in cest
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by youngice(m): 12:21am On Nov 14, 2014
Umennajiego:
The Bible does not forbid marrying your cousin so let's make sure in our zeal to help others that we don't confuse what our culture teaches with what the Bible teaches.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Leviticus 18 lists the forbidden relationships and cousins are not forbidden nor is cousin marriage forbidden anywhere else in the Bible.

God may have chosen your cousin for you and if He chose him it would be a sin to walk away from this. There is no evidence that there is a significant increase in birth defects when cousins marry. The preferred marriage among the Israelites was cousin to cousin marriage and Jews to this day have an average I.Q. of over 120 with the highest population of Geniuses in the world. Ever hear of Einstein?

Both Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin married their first cousins. If such scientists as these had no fear of "defects" in their children then you should not. Their children were all healthy and bright. However, if you're really stupid and your cousin is really stupid then there is a much higher chance that your children will be really stupid. Is there room for a little humor here?

The fact is that cousin marriage was banned by the Roman Catholic church under 'Pope Gregory I' in an attempt to prevent the accumulation of wealth and power within families. The popes saw wealth among the common man as competition for their own power. This power structure exists in the Philippines to this day and is hampering economic development. The ban had nothing to do with our Bibles which we read regularly, don't we?

Civil disobedience has a long history within the Christian community. You've all heard of people power. When the people gathered by the thousands outside of Malacanang to oust Marcos that was against the law. Was it a sin? No. If you must go to another province or state to marry your cousin so that nobody will report you then that is what you must do. Will that be against the law? Maybe. Is it a sin? No. This is not unheard of in the Philippines, The United States, and many other countries where Born Again Christians live in sufficient numbers to make such laws of no effect. I know of such a couple in the Philippines and they live happily to this day. They're now in their 60s with 5 children and many grandchildren. They're born again of course because it is the pope who forbids cousin marriage, not the Bible.

Enjoy for your reading pleasure grin[color=#000099][/color]
No country has more genius than india
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Pamcrest(f): 12:27am On Nov 14, 2014
Haba! Your cousin is your family naa. If u both marry.....meaning one brother will pay dowry to his own brother, how can? In African culture your uncle is your second father, so how can u then marry his son....that means u married your own brother.
Abeg it's not only unethical, it's incestuous and barbaric! Find your spouse outside your family....many fishes in d ocean baa!
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by adewasco2k(m): 12:34am On Nov 14, 2014
Pamcrest:
Haba! Your cousin is your family naa. If u both marry.....meaning one brother will pay dowry to his own brother, how can? In African culture your uncle is your second father, so how can u then marry his son....that means u married your own brother.
Abeg it's not only unethical, it's incestuous and barbaric! Find your spouse outside your family....many fishes in d ocean baa!
My humble submission

my hook just caught you grin
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by dipo2much(m): 1:44am On Nov 14, 2014
if you really want to understand this question (and all questions that have the word 'dating'), just replace the word 'dating' with phucking and then think of the question again.

Phucking your cousin. Is it ethical?
Cant deal
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 2:12am On Nov 14, 2014
ericessien24:
don't mind them,most people here have one way or the other bleeped thier cousins before even as we argue but go dey claim saint on nairaland.

most of you were disflowered by your cousin.boy or girl.
exactly ooo
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by zionexcellence: 2:15am On Nov 14, 2014
It is a NO for me.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 2:16am On Nov 14, 2014
enkay4love:
if there's no human law that condemns it,read the book of Leviticus 18,,u'll see the level of God's condemnation on this kind of sin called 'INCEST'
thanks have read it

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

At Age 25, A Man Must Have An Apartment & 2 Cars - Lady Says And Was Blasted / What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? / Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.