Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? (59873 Views)

My Cousin Is Tempting Me , What Do I Do ? / My Cousin Is Crazy / Please, What Are The Signs That Your Cousin(female) Is In Love With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Bibol(f): 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
It is not only ethical, it is morally right. Tell those people in your area who support it to not to stop at dating their cousins, but let them go ahead and marry their uncles, aunts, fathers-in-law, mothers-in-law, grandpas and grandmas.

Oh and while at that, they shouldn't forget to add their nieces and nephews to the list...

Awon irankiran undecided

7 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
Benard94:
There is this raging arguement in my area as to if one could date/marry his/her cousin. Some stood frankly against it while others saw no crack in it. Apart, what is the measure of closeness where one could restrict dating? Is cousin-dating ethical?

Oh I daresay there is no problem....until the children with genetic issues begin to come along.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by chimerase2: 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
FLAWLES:
.chai take it easy
no I won't ma inner mins3 is hotting even if u put ice water it will boil angry
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by jnrbayano(m): 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
The question itself is felony!
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Giftedgreen: 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
Allow me to rephrase

"Will you marry your parents siblings child?"

Why are we even discussing this?

4 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Youngzedd(m): 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
enkay4love:
if there's no human law that condemns it,read the books of chronicles & Deutronomy,u'll see the level of God's condemnation on this kind of sin called 'INCEST'

Which verse?
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by sunnymatty(m): 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
If you don't knw she is ur cousine is different. Bt if u knw guy u go dey see her as ur sis na
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by blemon44(m): 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
lilbabyak:

religious bigot....get a life

i already have one
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
Your offsprings will be so so deformed.

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Youngzedd(m): 6:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
seemore:
Noah's kids must have married themselves after the flood. So there you go. . .

Yes, that's inbreeding too.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
samflexxy:
yes I can cause there's no law that condemns it

Say what you know MR. Man, the Marrriage Act of Nigeria forbids any marriage based consanguinity(blood relationship) it goes on to list people in this group which includes cousins.

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Callfubu(m): 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
Cousin simply means they are related in some way, either close or distant which automatically makes the person your brother/sister. Asides from that your parents could adopt a child and you guys grow to love each other, it will still be awkward because such person is considered family. I guess what I'm saying is that it's wrong not because there is a law against it directly but like you said "ethically"

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Mathematical(f): 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
pinkiepetite:
Daz lik dating your sibling nau?

NOT YOO SIS. THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE...
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Orikinla(m): 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
OP, NO.
Incest is a sickness.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by nikky5(m): 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
It is morally wrong.our society forbids it.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
donroxy:
Some culture allow it but only forbid marriage between Brothers/Sister .... Half brother/half sister , Aunts/Uncle, Nephew/Niece , StepMother/StepFather .......

Islam my religion allow marriage between cousins while Yoruba my heritage forbid it .... Me I'm indifference !!

If aunts and uncles can not date themselves neither can their children!!!

Plenty people dey world to date na.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by stanisbaratheon: 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
first of all who can be regarded as one's cousin??

From the concise English Dictionary: It is defined as a child of one's Aunt or uncle.

So based on that definition i suppose that answers the question.

#highly_unethical
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by illicit(m): 6:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
Common in arabic lands, its taboo in yoruba culture, its inbreeding in english

2 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Mathematical(f): 6:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
likeseriously:

Say what you know MR. Man, the Marrriage Act of Nigeria forbids any marriage based consanguinity(blood relationship) it goes on to list people in this group which includes cousins.

Seriously? I mean like seriously... There's such law .there in Nigeria... Well who wrote the laws... Some aliens or prehuman era? abegiii...
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by bosun11(m): 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
u no see any body date, na YOUR COUSIN ...OP NA WA FOR YOU OOOO.THIS YOUR LOVE NA FROM HEAVEN grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
I have friends from Chad who are married to their first cousins and at first I was shocked and thought it was inbreeding but its actually not. Both the bible and Quaran supports it!
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by simpleseyi: 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
Leviticus 18:6–17

6 None of you shall approach any blood relative of his to uncover unclothedness; I am the Lord.
7 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your father, that is, the unclothedness of your mother. She is your mother; you are not to uncover her unclothedness.
8 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your father’s wife; it is your father’s unclothedness.
9 The unclothedness of your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether born at home or born outside, their unclothedness you shall not uncover.
10 The unclothedness of your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter, their unclothedness you shall not uncover; for their unclothedness is yours.
11 The unclothedness of your father’s wife’s daughter, born to your father, she is your sister, you shall not uncover her unclothedness.
12 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your father’s sister; she is your father’s blood relative.
13 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your mother’s sister, for she is your mother’s blood relative.
14 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your father’s brother; you shall not approach his wife, she is your aunt.
15 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your daughter-in-law; she is your son’s wife, you shall not uncover her unclothedness.
16 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your brother’s wife; it is your brother’s unclothedness.
17 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of a woman and of her daughter, nor shall you take her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter, to uncover her unclothedness; they are blood relatives. It is lewdness.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by coolvitus(m): 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
No way
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by peachylee(f): 7:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
Benard94:
There is this raging arguement in my area as to if one could date/marry his/her cousin. Some stood frankly against it while others saw no crack in it. Apart, what is the measure of closeness where one could restrict dating? Is cousin-dating ethical?
go ahead and put a ring on all ur relatives finger

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by seemore(m): 7:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
Youngzedd:

Yes, that's inbreeding too.

Inbreeding produces some physical defects. Something is wrong somewhere, either with the Noah story or that there are some medicines that can remove the effects of inbreeding.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by CoolKizzy(m): 7:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
The tribe I come from, you cannot have sexual relationship with your cousin let alone marry her, its a sin against Ana/Ani (soil), even your relations, so long as there is someone alive that knows and can explain the blood ties between you and a very distant relation, sexual relationship and marriage is forbidden

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by dawealthiestman(m): 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
can't think of anything to comment so I'm just going to post a pancake recipe.

1 1/2 cups milk
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/3 cup caster sugar
25g butter, melted
Whisk milk, egg and vanilla together in a jug. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in centre. Add milk mixture. Whisk until just combined.

Step 2

Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan with butter. Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, brushing pan with butter between batches. Serve.

4 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Mathematical(f): 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
nikky5:
It is morally wrong.our society forbids it.

Which society abeg?.. fear want you don't know... There re thousands of people who get married to thier cousin having no slightess knowledge of them bn a cousin, breeding... Bleep those silly taboo and superstitious suchie

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Youngzedd(m): 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
seemore:

Inbreeding produces some physical defects. Something is wrong somewhere, either with the Noah story or that there are some medicines that can remove the effects of inbreeding.

Something is wrong, medicine that remove effects of inbreeding.

They were using Agbo then.

Laughing in Swahili grin grin grin
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Tonylyte(m): 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
donroxy:
Some culture allow it but only forbid marriage between Brothers/Sister .... Half brother/half sister , Aunts/Uncle, Nephew/Niece , StepMother/StepFather .......

Islam my religion allow marriage between cousins while Yoruba my heritage forbid it .... Me I'm indifference !!
It is a serious taboo in my place, even far relatives are not allowed to marry each other. My mother hav a way of digging relationship that u'll end up thinking if u sure gonna marry anyone from your village who is not your relative. They was this girl i was admiring, my mum discovered our body movement, the next thing for her was to start quoting how we related-a distant one, that was how i ended up giving up on that girl, today we see ourselves as brother and sister.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
Its not against the law in nigeria.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Mathematical(f): 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
simpleseyi:
Leviticus 18:6–17

6 None of you shall approach any blood relative of his to uncover unclothedness; I am the Lord.
7 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your father, that is, the unclothedness of your mother. She is your mother; you are not to uncover her unclothedness.
8 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your father’s wife; it is your father’s unclothedness.
9 The unclothedness of your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether born at home or born outside, their unclothedness you shall not uncover.
10 The unclothedness of your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter, their unclothedness you shall not uncover; for their unclothedness is yours.
11 The unclothedness of your father’s wife’s daughter, born to your father, she is your sister, you shall not uncover her unclothedness.
12 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your father’s sister; she is your father’s blood relative.
13 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your mother’s sister, for she is your mother’s blood relative.
14 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your father’s brother; you shall not approach his wife, she is your aunt.
15 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your daughter-in-law; she is your son’s wife, you shall not uncover her unclothedness.
16 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of your brother’s wife; it is your brother’s unclothedness.
17 You shall not uncover the unclothedness of a woman and of her daughter, nor shall you take her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter, to uncover her unclothedness; they are blood relatives. It is lewdness.

Na so yoo Bible version quote am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

At Age 25, A Man Must Have An Apartment & 2 Cars - Lady Says And Was Blasted / What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? / Date With My Colleague: I Have Ruined My Reputation At Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.