Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis (33471 Views)

Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Corpse Of Ex-speaker Over Unpaid Salaries / N/assembly Crisis: How Eight APC Governors Tried To Muscle Saraki, Dogara / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by PStacks(m): 7:26am On Nov 22, 2014
"ARRESST"!!! shocked"ARRESST"!!!

What is this country turning to.

Another civil war,

Another civil un-rest is brewing.

Yanga dey sleep, trouble go wake am..

Palavaaaaa! U dey find,
Palavaaaa! U go getii ooo.

Rest in Peace Fela Anikulapo kuti. Abami eda.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by ozo13(m): 7:29am On Nov 22, 2014
MudRaker:

If not for the innocent Christians in Borno and Adamawa, I will have been very glad for the north to get what they want. A brutal barbaric mediviel Arabic dictatorship.
wat z ds bigot talking abt.sensitive issue bn discussed n u r bringing religion into it again.

1 Like

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by PassingShot(m): 7:33am On Nov 22, 2014
MaziOmenuko:
If Shekau and other boko haram touts were hunted like this, we would have known more peace in this country.

Using tax payers money to hunt and intimidate opponents is the hallmark of dictators. I wonder what they would have said if a Buhari was the one unleashing mayhem on his political opponents.

#drama-unfolding

Thousands likes for you.

1 Like

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by coolvitus(m): 7:33am On Nov 22, 2014
Naija is doomed
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by PassingShot(m): 7:34am On Nov 22, 2014
obailala:
Instead of the presidency to think smart and dig up some filth on the speaker and use that as a blackmail tool to quietly push him out, the president and his handlers keep making a fool of the presidency by engaging in all sorts of gutter agbero strategies...

How did such an intellectually deficient bunch rise to the presidency of the nation? undecided

Good question but we may need to ask Google for the answer. grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by MudRaker: 7:35am On Nov 22, 2014
ozo13:
wat z ds bigot talking abt.sensitive issue bn discussed n u r bringing religion into it again.

I am a biggot for stating the obvious which is that a band of marauding Islamic fanatics are fighting to install a caliphate and are targeting Christians for elimination.

The Chibok girls were kidnapped, forced to convert and sold off to bokos and you did not see that as bigotry rather you blame me.

You are an irredeemable dunce.

1 Like

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by PassingShot(m): 7:37am On Nov 22, 2014
obailala:
The way in which some people on this forum feign ignorance and dumbness all in a bid to win arguments is awful.

You call someone the "commander" and you are still waiting for him to be a trained soldier first before he uses his command to protect the lives of Nigerians... but you obviously see no problem in him using his "commander" position to order the blockade of the unarmed speaker?

Not only this forum, many such warped reasoning abound in Nigeria.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by chukel(m): 7:38am On Nov 22, 2014
Most Nigerians deserve to be burnt alive. I can't believe the extent to which Jonathan has created warped minds. We are really in trouble in this country. People see the truth and thwart it. Please God thwart the truth in their lives the same way they do in our polity. Jonathan will go down in history as the worst president ever in the world. He has infected this nation with so much cluelessness and stup.idity. An unimaginable curse to this nation.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Everfrank(m): 7:39am On Nov 22, 2014
MudRaker:

If not for the innocent Christians in Borno and Adamawa, I will have been very glad for the north to get what they want. A brutal barbaric mediviel Arabic dictatorship.
Is like you are one of the handlers of the Ijaw president. You share his view over this matter. That's why this government has not been sincere in tackling the insurgency. If foul get sense e no suppose to jubilate cos of say dem dey draw the intestine of him brother. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 22, 2014
Donmarrius:
Nobody,i repeat nobody is above the law.
If he break law,he should be meant to face its consequencies.At least,it will serve as a warning,to other Nigerians!.
Which yeye law are u talking about, what of jonathan's siblings ( stella oduah and diezanni maduekwe), they were under the law abi when one laundered money through purchase of bullet proof cars while the other laundered money for maintenance of private jet. They tweak d law 4 dia benefit and use d law against those who don't buy their views..
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 22, 2014
Donmarrius:
If he break law,he should be meant to face its consequencies.At least,it will serve as a warning,to other Nigerians!.
Which yeye law are u talking about, what of jonathan's siblings ( stella oduah and diezanni maduekwe), they were under the law abi when one laundered money through purchase of bullet proof cars while the other laundered money for maintenance of private jet. They tweak d law 4 dia benefit and use d law against those who don't buy their views.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by teadrake(m): 7:42am On Nov 22, 2014
MudRaker:
Tambuwal disobeyed a court order which declared his sit vacant.

The police are enforcing trespassing and impersonation laws.
what do you meant by declaring his seat vacant?And by the way why is Mimiko still sitting as the governor of ondo state after he defected to pdp(leaving the political party that got him the ticket)Injustice at its highest peak!
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by drjay1(m): 7:44am On Nov 22, 2014
Its sad enough that we have leaders who think with their behinds but what is more saddening are the comments of some of us followers who are blinded by political differences, what is wrong is wrong! Mr president seems to have become a dictator! I dont think APC are any better than PDP. They are both clueless bunch of politicians but i think its time Nigerians rose up and defend any injustice no matter our political differences! The world has had enough of our show of shame under jonathan! He acts like a primary school prefect!

1 Like

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 22, 2014
Mogidi:

Are you expecting the president to go in search of Shekau, why not criticise those whose job it is to find Shekau?
do you comprehend well , where was the presient mentioned in his post. obviously you know your president is involved. are the police not meant to help fight boko .
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by samento: 7:45am On Nov 22, 2014
MudRaker:

which court order.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by okoomoge2(m): 7:46am On Nov 22, 2014
If you don't have a royal blood in you, you
can never be royal in your ways. Jonathan
is an agent of destruction.

I weep for my country so badly. Jonathan
allowed the evil people around him use him as
an agent of destruction.

Please recall Dezani Maduake was requested
to show up at the chamber to clarify some
spending, she went to court with president backing to stop that invitation.

Please recall Jonathan came to Australia in
2011 and he sexually harassed a lady. I am
Based in Perth, Australia and I know what
I am talking about.

Please note in the history of Nigeria as a nation, Jonathan is the only president the west , America,UK,France have shown a lot of disrespect.

The speaker of the house of assembly is the fourth man in line of power, the president should not have allowed personal interest be loud his sense of reasoning.

Mark my words, if the VP or David Mark go
against Jonathan, he give them the same treatment of the speaker. Jonathan is not presidential in his approach!

3 Likes

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by MurderX: 7:46am On Nov 22, 2014
Don't we have a Judiciary to handle this in a civil manner? if his defection from PDP to APC is unlawful, then the law should speak for itself. Why forming a barricade of policemen to prevent certain law makers from accessing the assembly? by so doing you also go against the Law as long as the Law court has not declared him guilty. A part of this government remains bestial, this is the lowest we have ever reached, and worst still nothing will come out of it - the usual rumble and settle. Which way Nigeria? I have to check out of this gangster paradise ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Remii(m): 7:46am On Nov 22, 2014
Mogidi:

Because he's no longer a member of the house, he should be arrested for impersonating being HOR member.

he is still member of the house if others that have defected before him are still members.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by redcliff: 7:46am On Nov 22, 2014
Donmarrius:

Are you sure you are ok? Even your c in c broke the law by directly interfereing with matters in thd national assembly... daft set of people..
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by MudRaker: 7:46am On Nov 22, 2014
Everfrank:

Is like you are one of the handlers of the Ijaw president. You share his view over this matter. That's why this government has not been sincere in tackling the insurgency. If foul get sense e no suppose to jubilate cos of say dem dey draw the intestine of him brother. A word is enough for the wise.

You think everybody's conviction is based on his tribal leanings?

This govt can not deal with this insurgency for these reasons:

1. Boko haram are not ghosts. They are recruited from among the northern Muslim population

2. They have support from elements within the military who outrightly sabotage military operations.

3. Foreign govts are bent on fueling the crisis for their own selfish agenda

4. We are not united in ridding ourselves of bokos.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by MurderX: 7:48am On Nov 22, 2014
MurderX:
Don't we have a Judiciary to handle this in a civil manner? if his defection from PDP to APC is unlawful, then the law should speak for itself. Why forming a barricade of policemen to prevent certain law makers from accessing the assembly? by so doing you also go against the Law as long as the Law court has not declared him guilty. A part of this government remains bestial, this is the lowest we have ever reached, and worst still nothing will come out of it - the usual rumble and settle. Which way Nigeria? I have to check out of this gangster paradise ASAP.

Shame on Nigeria!
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by MudRaker: 7:49am On Nov 22, 2014
teadrake:
what do you meant by declaring his seat vacant?And by the way why is Mimiko still sitting as the governor of ondo state after he defected to pdp(leaving the political party that got him the ticket)Injustice at its highest peak!

Section 68(g) 1 is clear on this.

On mimiko and other governors including Amaechi and co, the constitution is silent about governors defecting.

The law only applies to legislators.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by teadrake(m): 7:50am On Nov 22, 2014
MudRaker:

I am a biggot for stating the obvious which is that a band of marauding Islamic fanatics are fighting to install a caliphate and are targeting Christians for elimination.

The Chibok girls were kidnapped, forced to convert and sold off to bokos and you did not see that as bigotry rather you blame me.

You are an irredeemable dunce.
Did they(Boko haram)discriminate whenever they carry out their insurgent?What'd you meant by elimination of christian?And was it Tambuwal that is sponsoring them?when the Australia Negotiator made mention of the sponsor,did your leader made any concrete intent to know the depth of the truth?You should be a better person by relaying the truth and unbiasness where ever you are.Shalom!
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by philips70(m): 7:50am On Nov 22, 2014
obailala:
Instead of the presidency to think smart and dig up some filth on the speaker and use that as a blackmail tool to quietly push him out, the president and his handlers keep making a fool of the presidency by engaging in all sorts of gutter agbero strategies...

How did such an intellectually deficient bunch rise to the presidency of the nation? undecided

I can bet my last kobo GEJ's doctorate degree was handed to him on the grounds of no-shoe sentiments. The man is irredeemably dull.

4 Likes

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Pennyways: 7:51am On Nov 22, 2014
MudRaker:

absolutely sir
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Suljosh: 7:53am On Nov 22, 2014
I am just sorry for we the youths of this country. When are we going to stand up and say enough is enough and put an End to all this bruhaha going on in this country. One day just one day we will rise up and put an end to it with whatever means.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by teadrake(m): 7:54am On Nov 22, 2014
MudRaker:

Section 68(g) 1 is clear on this.

On mimiko and other governors including Amaechi and co, the constitution is silent about governors defecting.

The law only applies to legislators.

So,what sauce what the goose does'nt sauce for the gander anymore?And if you're correct,Are you trying to Justify the unjusifiable of those band of policemen?
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by MudRaker: 7:55am On Nov 22, 2014
teadrake:
Did they(Boko haram)discriminate whenever they carry out their insurgent?What'd you meant by elimination of christian?And was it Tambuwal that is sponsoring them?when the Australia Negotiator made mention of the sponsor,did your leader made any concrete intent to know the depth of the truth?You should be a better person by relaying the truth and unbiasness where ever you are.Shalom!

If the bokos are not concerned about collateral damage does that exonerate them from being Islamic terrorists.

How many times has your general shekau come out and give an ultimatum to Christians and southerners to evacuate the north.

Or are you not privy of northern Muslims giving boko haram a street welcome party as they invaded a town in Borno last week.

Please deceive yourselves, boko harm are a Arab Muslim fascist religious supremacist group bent on installing a caliphate like their buddies in IS.

If you like twist night to day but we all know how you Muslim liars keep twisting fact.

Tomorrow your type will be here preaching that Islam is peace to me without a single condemnation of these vagabonds.

Go and preach your peaceful brand of Islam to your boko id10ts.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2014
brownlord:

Sorry to ask, who is sanusi? We don't know him here in the south and even in United State.

Is he related to farouk Lawal or Yerima?
where is the sense in this ... 1what has the fact that you dont know him got to do with his personality . who are you in the first place .... these kind of shit u put up there is becoming too boring .
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by mfm04622: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2014
MudRaker:

Kindly quote the specific court, the judge and the date the judgement was passed. If you can't do that, stop passing lies or wishful thinking as information
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by MudRaker: 7:57am On Nov 22, 2014
teadrake:
So,what sauce what the goose does'nt sauce for the gander anymore?And if you're correct,Are you trying to Justify the unjusifiable of those band of policemen?

Am I the IG?

Direct your query to him and his men.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 22, 2014
brownlord:

Sorry to ask, who is sanusi? We don't know him here in the south and even in United State.

Is he related to farouk Lawal or Yerima?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Dances As Teni Performs In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP / Nigerians Blast Fayose For Saying "Send Buahri Back To Daura Or Expect More Blun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.