Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,342 members, 7,954,393 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:03 PM

Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis (33851 Views)

Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Corpse Of Ex-speaker Over Unpaid Salaries / N/assembly Crisis: How Eight APC Governors Tried To Muscle Saraki, Dogara / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by idumuose(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2014
You also have a point.Yes,i am not also happy with the current state of events ; insurgency in the north,very high state of insecurity,the naira is crashing and so on.But,the opposition at present does not have a marketable candidate accepted by all.

Buhari is termed a muslim fundamentalist,others are from PDP.Remember the Niger delta factor - They see this present imbroglio from ethnic and religious point of view - The north is fighting Jonathan,not necessarily because of misgovernance but because
of their penchant to always want to rule - born to rule mentality i must say.We are yet to quell the insurgency in the north and we want to wake the niger delta militants from slumber.Nigeria can't survive the conflageration and implosion that would ensue.
keyman0007:

I agree with you in all you hv said, however lets give someone else a chance, it is foolishness to do the same thing and expect a difference result. We hv tested gej for 6years yet no positive change, i think anoda person shd be given a chance, if PDP presents anoda candidate i may vote for them bt defintely not jona. anoda 4years will only make this country worse. We need fresh air abeg.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by esoboy875(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2014
It is a big shame to country Nigeria, hw can Nigeria police force stop a speaker in d NASS who has nt b impeach by d court nt to enta NASS complex. I share tears for dis country. My opinion is dat d IGP should b sack immediately nd Tambuwal should nt honor dear invitation nd see weda dey wil com nd arrest him. D summary is dat am totally against d Nigeria police action nd bliv me dat b4 d policemen did wat dey did it was someone dat gave dem dat order.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 22, 2014
Kaeboy:
why prevent tambuwal from entering in the first place...Mtcheeeew
Are u daft, u didn't hear he came in with some group of thugs in agbada. And d instruction is dat they shld all be screened b4 enterin d premises 2 avoid wat happened in some states like Rivers n Edo state. Bur d goat disorganised d security arrangement. I blame d police because dey added sentiments, they were surpose teargas dem dat tym dey were pushing and climbin d locked gate. Who is tambuwal dat he shldnt submit himsef 2 police screenin?
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by daryoor03(m): 9:59am On Nov 22, 2014
The IGP and his men should as a matter of urgency channel their effort to pressing national issue and not running after Mr Speaker. This is what happen when independency of legislative arm of government is ignored.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 22, 2014
dis GEJ is just too simple and cool, I swear nobody I mean no speaker or any house member could dare try all diz durin obj regime, d person will b impeached or b in prison. tink Amechi could explain better. obj don't care about constitution
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Ugonna1505: 10:07am On Nov 22, 2014
Donmarrius:
This question of yours,shows that you only read Tambuwals side of the story.Do yourself good,google the press release of the IGP.
Who is IGP? He is on PDP payroll. Even the most foolish Nigerian knows NPF & other armed forces have turned to be the instruments of the executive arm. Shame on you all. Intelligence indeed, Intelligence from where? Deputy Speaker Emeka Ihedioha was given presidential passage while his Boss was tormented. What a Democratic Nation. When the speaker & his other colleagues came, NOF didn't recognized them, they dressed like thugs abi? Pls NPF should come up with better lies. Since NPF have proved that they are jobless but not useless, they should be deployed to the troubled North east to help Nigerian Soldiers against insurgents.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by chukel(m): 10:07am On Nov 22, 2014
emmykk:
Hon.Aminu waziri Tambuwal is destorying his image little by little.by Dec 3 when the house resumed he will be dirt with now that IG has been remined that he goof.
He will be impeached and that his Governorship seat he is seeing we will not achieved.

The days of gentleness is over.
daft, go to primary school first before coming here to exhibit emptiness.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 22, 2014
idumuose:
You also have a point.Yes,i am not also happy with the current state of events ; insurgency in the north,very high state of insecurity,the naira is crashing and so on.But,the opposition at present does not have a marketable candidate accepted by all.

Buhari is termed a muslim fundamentalist,others are from PDP.Remember the Niger delta factor - They see this present imbroglio from ethnic and religious point of view - The north is fighting Jonathan,not necessarily because of misgovernance but because
of their penchant to always want to rule - born to rule mentality i must say.We are yet to quell the insurgency in the north and we want to wake the niger delta militants from slumber.Nigeria can't survive the conflageration and implosion that would ensue.

I dont believe Buhari is an isalmic fundmentalist, he pick bakare as his running mate, who he knew was a pastor, also he has been a president of this nation in the past, he neva islamize the country, so why are people having the strong feeling he will turn nigeria. Personally i dont belive any president can islamize a country, religion is more than bringing in sharia law,people go extreme when it comes to it,religion,people will fight and kill to make their religion stay,
?I think he shd work on his campaign and assure people he wont turn the country apart.

1 Like

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by jogerry: 10:12am On Nov 22, 2014
PAID MATCH DATING ACCOUNT FEMALE = $15
PAID MATCH DATING ACCOUNT MALE = $15
PAID CHEMISTRY DATING ACCOUNT = $10
PAID MATE 1 DATING ACCOUNT = $8
PAID ZOOSK DATING ACCOUNT = $12
ALIBABA ACCOUNT = $10
WELSFARGO BANK LOGIN ACCOUNT $19K = $85
WELSFARGO BANK LOGIN ACCOUNT $14K = $75
WELSFARGO BANK LOGIN ACCOUNT $20K = $105
WELSFARGO BANK LOGIN ACCOUNT $15K = $67
RDP USA .........................= $11
UPS ACCOUNT(GURANTEE SHIPPING) = $12
CPANEL( HACKED PANEL ) = $11
All logins working perfect
Add me up

kramankhan@yahoo.com
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by anonimi: 10:17am On Nov 22, 2014
I hope that the police will also INVITE the Senate president, David Mark and all other lawmakers who were on the NASS premises that day for questioning. They should give Mark's invitation and honouring such invite the greatest publicity possible.

That is the only way to PROMOTE a greater sense of equity and growing respect for law & order by all & sundry.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Berryjack: 10:23am On Nov 22, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]Just sighted Tambuwal now. Should I go on with the arrest?
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by IYANGBALI: 10:37am On Nov 22, 2014
Kai Tambuwal don enter twoobu,this IG and him boys go deal with am,na 24 lashes of kobokobo dem go dey giv am every moning with plenty of frog jump before dem go release am after the 2015 erec-tion. Sai Tambuwal for governor 2015 grin
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 22, 2014
Tambuwal again! Pls let this saga end joor! undecided

IN OTHER NEWS

Pls REMEMBER TO VOTE Emperorking20 FOR MR NL now.. He's cool, intelligent and humble, he's got all it takes grin Your vote counts and he needs it.. Here's d link: https://www.nairaland.com/2009154/mr-nairaland-december-2014-contest

Voting has already commenced.. Vote for him by typing "I vote for Emperorking20, cc: Abumikey"
Thanks a lot!

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by idumuose(m): 10:50am On Nov 22, 2014
keyman0007:

I dont believe Buhari is an isalmic fundmentalist, he pick bakare as his running mate, who he knew was a pastor, also he has been a president of this nation in the past, he neva islamize the country, so why are people having the strong feeling he will turn nigeria. Personally i dont belive any president can islamize a country, religion is more than bringing in sharia law,people go extreme when it comes to it,religion,people will fight and kill to make their religion stay,
?I think he shd work on his campaign and assure people he wont turn the country apart.
Did Buhari not know how Nigeria is constitiuted religious wise before he made the confounding statement below?

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2014
MudRaker:
Tambuwal disobeyed a court order which declared his sit vacant.

The police are enforcing trespassing and impersonation laws.
kindly provide a copy of the said order.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by deletrue: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2014
obailala:
Instead of the presidency to think smart and dig up some filth on the speaker and use that as a blackmail tool to quietly push him out, the president and his handlers keep making a fool of the presidency by engaging in all sorts of gutter agbero strategies...

How did such an intellectually deficient bunch rise to the presidency of the nation? undecided
welcome back home. He be like say you too tay for where you travel go. Na through election him, the president take enter power.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by deletrue: 11:07am On Nov 22, 2014
slimfit1:

That slot too must not go unpunished the minister of oil and petrol and embezzlement.
But that woman no break fence, she no also jump fence. She no even decamp from pdp to apc. Abi na lie?
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by ohisola1(f): 11:07am On Nov 22, 2014
Mogidi:

Are you expecting the president to go in search of Shekau, why not criticise those whose job it is to find Shekau?

U sure say u read d guy post. Cos I don't tink u did.
So you know its the president that's going about intimidating and arressting these guys? Abeg show me where d guy say na president go in search of the people

You have been sooo blinded with sentiments that's you don't tink straight. Who's incharge of your safety? She na my papa? Abi u no kn say na him b head of ALL EXECUTIVE arm, and the C in C of Nigeria?

Please tell your Otuoke Master to go insearch of Boko Haram d same way he's going abt Tambuwa. If he does, won't tak up 2 a week b4 dey are flushed. Ciaooooo
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:09am On Nov 22, 2014
emmykk:
Hon.Aminu waziri Tambuwal is destorying his image little by little.by Dec 3 when the house resumed he will be dirt with now that IG has been remined that he goof.
He will be impeached and that his Governorship seat he is seeing we will not achieved.

Gbam, enough is enough, Janjaweedians don't deserve a gentle man as their president.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by emmykk(m): 11:12am On Nov 22, 2014
chukel:
daft, go to primary school first before coming here to exhibit emptiness.
DumbAss this is same way F.O.O.L.s like you where slapping for sanusi lamido sanusi that he cannot to be removed by the president from CBN.until he was booted out.when the speaker has been throw out of the speakership i will come here and remind you of your foolishness.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2014
Kaeboy:

why not? Is that his Father's House?
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Rexyl(m): 11:15am On Nov 22, 2014
tit:
eating kwul-kwuli and watching the news with interest.
meanwhile, has the army chief given the signal for the army to withdraw from NE?
Their is no more state of emergency, allow our husbands to come home!

if the army is withdrawn from NE as you wish, that place will crash to terrorist's activities in a matter of few hours. those terrorists see killing and destruction of whatever they come in contact as a fun. the fire of trouble sparked by selfish religion and political leaders has become a wild fire that would consume anything it touches now.

Terrorism in the North has gotten to a level where the sponsors are not fully exempted from attacks.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by deletrue: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2014
Mogidi:

Direct the inability of our army to find Shekau to defence headquarters.
Inability? This one no make sense at all? Inability means unable, lack of power etc. Why would someone who is unable to perform find Shekau? There is nothing we will not find in this forum. Some dey even talk upside down, some no even get sense, while others dey suffer because of very bad up bringing. There is no doubt that you are suffering from one or all of these factors.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by deletrue: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2014
Mogidi:

Direct the inability of our army to find Shekau to defence headquarters.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by shomutuski(m): 11:21am On Nov 22, 2014
Kaeboy:
. I totally agree with you, am sure they wanted to impeach tambuwal in his absence that's the order straight from that low life jonathan. Tambuwal is very popular and has massive support. PDP pain is seeing him on APC. That's the logical reason for this ongoing Fracas. Am sure what happened @ the meeting wif that ugly IGp wif Vpresident will be:

sambo: you this schmuck, we gave you an order to prevent him from entering, so the impeachment proceedings can be fast.

IGp: oga! No vex, I try buh the man get supporters and journalist they, if I go act funny.

Sambo: that's bullshit, the real reason why the president travelled was for this incident not to be associated with him and you blew our only chance.

IGp: Oga, no worry. When we invite am come headquartes we go detain am. We go help pdp achieve power by force.

Sambo: you better do so, or else you will suffer, we can't afford to lose this 2015 election oh. With TAN, SAN mixed with TAN-- SATAN, INEC, CBN, PDP, Court of Laws, Aribsala, maggi okupe and the likes victory will be ours. Now go back to your office.

IGP: yes sir. We will mobilise police sef to do ur bidding, don't forget to tell the president about my support oh, so I can collect small from the national cake like the likes of asari, tompolo. Oduah. This nigeria sweet walahi corruption everywhere.
Conversation ended.

1 Like

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by deletrue: 11:25am On Nov 22, 2014
slimfit1:

My president doesn't have class. He behaved like a complete bush rat. My president is acting like an animal should we be worried yes a zoologist ma ni ke.
Wetin dey flog una brain sef? You no read the word 'inability'. Does that t post make any sense when you waste time to respond?
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by slimfit1(m): 11:32am On Nov 22, 2014
deletrue:
But that woman no break fence, she no also jump fence. She no even decamp from pdp to apc. Abi na lie?

She no be that woman she worse pass that woman. She loot pass fence, she jump account pass the whole NASS she dey decamp go another woman husband oh I no no ho na d story weh me dey hear be that ear say.
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by cashkid: 11:35am On Nov 22, 2014
chuksfor13:

Are u daft, u didn't hear he came in with some group of thugs in agbada. And d instruction is dat they shld all be screened b4 enterin d premises 2 avoid wat happened in some states like Rivers n Edo state. Bur d goat disorganised d security arrangement. I blame d police because dey added sentiments, they were surpose teargas dem dat tym dey were pushing and climbin d locked gate. Who is tambuwal dat he shldnt submit himsef 2 police screenin?
u are daft i swear!!!!!!!!!! Did you watch the video at all?i dont blame you anyway cos the way u reason even showed in your grammar!!! Nonsense.......
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Sweetlemon(f): 11:41am On Nov 22, 2014
emmykk:

Oh my days!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by bobbyspeed(m): 11:43am On Nov 22, 2014
House Speaker Tambuwal Says He Is Ready To Face The Police

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal has reacted to the invitation by the Nigerian Police in Abuja.
by SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK Nov 21, 2014
1.6K 75 98

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal has reacted to the invitation by the Nigerian Police in Abuja. The speaker who was earlier today declared wanted by the Nigerian police however warned the police from partisanship. In a statement signed by his media aide, Imam Imam, Tambuwal promised to honor the date with the police authorities but cautioned the police to remain politically neutral. Speaker of the House of Reps, Aminu Tambuwal

See full text of the statement below:

The attention of the Hon Speaker, House of Representatives, Rt Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal CFR, has been drawn to publications in the media to the effect that the Inspector General of Police has ordered that he, Speaker, be invited to the Force Headquarters and that he be arrested if he resisted.

The Honorable Speaker wishes to state that he is a law abiding citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria who has no immunity against arrest and prosecution except privileges as may be provided by the Legislative Powers and Privileges Act.

Accordingly , the Hon Speaker states for the records that he is available, ready and willing to answer any lawful invitation from any of the Security agencies on any matter for which they may require his attention.

The Speaker expresses dismay at the unprofessional conduct of the Nigerian Police in the attempt to stop him from accessing the House of Representatives chambers on the 20th November 2014 to preside over the Special Session of the House on the State of Emergency Extension requested by Mr President, for which he had recalled members from their working recess.

Most disgraceful is the false statement later issued by the Police in which they claimed that in the lawful exercise of their duties “ Alh Aminu Tambuwal CFR, arrived the venue with a motley crowd,who broke the cordon, assaulted the Police and evaded due process”. This blatant falsehood coming from a law enforcement agency, that is expected to be neutral and lawful, is unfortunate, to say the least.

For the avoidance of doubt, the Hon Speaker came to National Assembly accompanied by Hon Members as is customary during any sitting of the House. They all came with their official vehicles but were disallowed from driving into the premises. Certainly Hon Members, who arrived the precinct of the National Assembly in response to a call to perform an urgent, critical national assignment, cannot be described by any self respecting institution as “a motley crowd “

It is important to remind the Nigeria Police Force that as a public institution that provides common services for all the arms of government, they must not allow themselves to be used by one of the arms to undermine the others.

Malam Imam Imam @imamdimam
Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairsto the Hon Speaker
SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 22, 2014
May God help the common man

Re: Police To Invite The Speaker Over The Thursday's National Assembly Crisis by rabzy01: 11:51am On Nov 22, 2014
Please wait.....

GEJ is uninstalling Democracy from your country, Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Prepaid Meter Is Showing "Call" / Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu Leads Protesters In A Peaceful Protest In Benin (photos) / Ibikunle Amosun Visits Bola Tinubu In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.