Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood (45841 Views)

8 Facts About The Hymen You Should Know / Ways The Hymen Can Be Severed Apart From Sex And Maturbation / More Women Becoming Virgins Again With Hymen Replacement Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Lawalemi(m): 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
Guy, you be teacher! Explicit and analytical

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Chidex2442(m): 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
my girl said she is a virgin oooo Bt if u put my finger,it enters.....
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by oluwasegun007(m): 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2014
LEvuls:
OP not all be like doughnut Oh.... we have egglike, ball-like,even just of resent a friend of mine saw a Fishrolled like own.... so be properly educated on that one now grin grin
Lol...very funny
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
Now you know lol.It is not only humans that have hymen,cats,horses,dogs,etc all have it.

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2014
chymystique:

LOL.. My experience or no experience doesn't explain the bleeding issue... I just want to knw what causes the bleeding most females tend to ve during their first intercourse since you said hymen rupture is rarely the cause.. That's my question
Girls whining since 4000bc,tell us about your experience,nobody is intrested if you are virgin or not

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by rxfemi(m): 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
Finally, what about all those bloody sheets? Rushed,
nonsensual, poorly lubricated, piston-like
intercourse might abrade sensitive womanly tissue
enough to cause bleeding. But throughout history,
in cultures that have insisted on female virginity at
marriage, the stakes have been very high. No
blood on the sheets deeply dishonored the bride's
family and might even bring charges of marital
fraud. Many brides have taken no chances. Often
under their mothers' direction, they have filed a
fingernail to a sharp point and on their wedding
night, cut themselves on the thigh, producing
enough blood to stain the sheets and satisfy
tradition--and the mythology surrounding the
hymen.Finally, what about all those bloody sheets? Rushed,
hymen.
Finally, what about all those bloody sheets? Rushed,
hymen.
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Cuzz: 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
Not every virgin bleeds,if she is well lubricated and without forceful thrusting frm the man,she will nt bleed.

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Realtouchnot: 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2014
harryfish:
Nice topic.
@ OP! Finally you have put to rest my troubled mind. Have been meaning to ask this as a question but shame will not allow me. I remembered my first experience after waitng 4 years I was really humiliated and embarrassed. On that special day lo and behold no blood. I was believed to have been lying and pretending all along that I was untainted when I was not. Till this day I keep asking myself what went wrong. I don't ever contribute when issues bout virginity is being discussed. I am still dyingg of the shame within me.

Thank God your doubts have been put to rest. Truth illuminates
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by nellyelitz(m): 1:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
Pictorial analysis will be helpful...
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Realtouchnot: 1:23pm On Nov 24, 2014
ameer2:
Wit dis topic n vast explanation above,i cn gallantly beat my chaist dat ur first class graduate

Thanks, but unfortunately, I didn't make first class. They don't make first class in Medical School.
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by andyanders: 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2014
UjSizzle:
Interesting article. I've always wondered how it's possible for virgin women to menstruate if the hymen is supposed to be a covering. And why people say athletes often lose theirs before they have penetrative sex. Now I know better, thanks smiley

Now I'm stuck with wondering why women even have hymens to start with.

Oh my dear, I am wondering too why men still got theirs and still urinate.No bi only women dey get hymen. No worry, men equally got their own hywomen and that's why we deposit hot one inside your........................ Men have what we call hywomen. We loose our own when women rape us when we are young.
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Chrisx1x(m): 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
eightsin:
Got tired of reading half way.
me 2. Pls cn sb summarise it for me?
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by MubbyCollins(m): 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2014
clap clap clap cheesy so educating

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Orikinla(m): 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hmm.
Men will never leave women and their hymen alone.
Are you men so obsessed with vaginas?
Haba.
If man no fork woman, man no go die.

3 Likes

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by mekd: 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
andyanders:

Oh my dear, I am wondering too why men still got theirs and still urinate.No bi only women dey get hymen. No worry, men equally got their own hywomen and that's why we deposit hot one inside your........................ Men have what we call hywomen. We loose our own when women rape us when we are young.
. grin grin grin HAHAHA GUY YOU FUNNY SHA. TO OP... YOU WANT ME TO BELIEVE A GIRL CAN B DEFLOWERED WITHOUT HER BLEEDING. WELL I WIL FIND IT VERY HARD TO BELIEVE COS MOST GIRLS LIE ALOT ABOUT IT[THEIR VIRGINITY]
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Johnnycife(m): 2:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
Abeg educate us

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by andyanders: 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2014
Orikinla:
Hmm.
Haba.

Na lie. Two of them makes life. Who told you to say that? Man go die if him no f----ck woman, Walahi. Do you think men commit crime just like that for nothing? It is because they needed to impress women hence they get involved in crime. That is to say that without that, man go die. Why do you hear some great men falling for just a small girl? Ask Yerima why he keep buying under aged girls. He will tell you because if he fail to f---ck, him go die.
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by mekd: 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
Orikinla:
Hmm.
Haba.
Bros no vex ooo some guys fit die oooo if de no fork for a day and some times na the girls them they demand for am pass self, i hope say i no they wrong
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
SO NOW NA ANYTHING WOMAN YANSH DEY ENTER FRONT PAGE ABI?
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by kandiikane(m): 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
Finally, what about all those bloody sheets? Rushed, nonsensual, poorly lubricated, piston-like intercourse might abrade sensitive womanly tissue enough to cause bleeding. ]

Coogar remember something similar I mentioned?
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by idumuose(m): 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
KHAYGOLD:
If ladies have hymen, what do men have?
Hywomen

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by KHAYGOLD(m): 4:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
idumuose:

Hywomen

Very funny. Does it justify the reason women can't do without men?
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by thaoriginator: 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
chymystique:

LOL.. My experience or no experience doesn't explain the bleeding issue... I just want to knw what causes the bleeding most females tend to ve during their first intercourse since you said hymen rupture is rarely the cause.. That's my question
Did you bleed during your first fvck? Yes or No? If yes, was it from the hymen or from the clitoriis? cry
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Flyingngel(m): 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2014
Who says education is not good, see how they remove,dissect womanliness as a dead Turkey.

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by femsmith(m): 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hmmm.. Virgin jst a label. l••Der ws an update of recent abt a V-gal (as she claims)wu got pregnant as a result of wearin her broda wet boxer whch she ws asked 2 washed..... Evrybody ws lyk ( neva possible wen d hymen ws still intact... Plz frame up anoda story jawe).. Opp, wift diz ur Write up iz it possible or not.... Plz ur idea
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by firstee(f): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
Realtouchnot:

It was thought that the vermiform appendix had no function. But today, it is known to have some immunological functions (it is a Gut Associated Lymphoid Tissue, GALT), and also houses some commensal (good) bacteria, which compete with other harmful ones.

That's why I still maintain "no function as at now" for the hymen, cos new discoveries are possible.

The summary is to:
1. Allay the fears some ladies face concerning the mythical pain they will experience during their first intercourse.

2. Debunk the fallacy, that the absence of hymen means the girl isn't a virgin, since most women naturally, have the annular(widely open) type of hymen.

3. assert that under normal conditions, an average girl will not bleed on her first intercourse.

I never bled on my first intercourse and till tomorrow d guy didn't believe I was a virgin. He said I lied. Till now I still carry d pain dat I was not appreciated even after keeping my virginity till 23. Sober

2 Likes

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
Realtouchnot:

Well, the ruptured hymen can, but rarely is the cause of the bleeding. But you can share with us your own experience, that's if you've been disvirgined. LOL!
I agree with u,cos I did'nt experience any bleeding,just some very uncomfortable pains that wore off after several hours.The general myth of post-coital bleeding at first coital experience does'nt apply to everyone & its not by force.

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by ameer2: 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
Realtouchnot:

Thanks, but unfortunately, I didn't make first class. They don't make first class in Medical School.
but you're a medical doc nw?
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by AJOT99(m): 6:09pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hmmm......Thick!
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by unmask: 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
that bad feeling you get.....when you realise your biology lessons were wack
Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Realtouchnot: 7:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
femsmith:
Hmmm.. Virgin jst a label. l••Der ws an update of recent abt a V-gal (as she claims)wu got pregnant as a result of wearin her broda wet boxer whch she ws asked 2 washed..... Evrybody ws lyk ( neva possible wen d hymen ws still intact... Plz frame up anoda story jawe).. Opp, wift diz ur Write up iz it possible or not.... Plz ur idea

LOL.
First principle is: never say never. This is because the ejaculate of an average normal man is about 4miliLiters. He also has at least 20 million sperm cells per miliLiter. This gives a minimum of 80million sperms cells per ejaculate. If you subtract the bad and weak ones, you are still likely to have at least about 40million sperm cells per ejaculate. Now out of these millions, only 1 (one) sperm cell fertilises the ovum(female egg).

However, the pregnancy is almost impossible, cos:
1.semen is viscous (gelly-like) and cannot easily trickle down into her womanliness.
2.within 20 minutes, the semen liquifies (changes from the gelly-like form to watery form).
3. within this time, that the sperm cells are outside the body, almost all of them would have been dead.
4.the distance sperm cells travel to meet the egg is quite far, so penetrative intercourse helps reduce this distance, so that the spermatozoa can conserve their energy store for the great journey ahead. If this is not done, they get exhausted along the way and all die.

So, I don't think the pregnancy resulted from that incidence.

1 Like

Re: The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
The hymen is also a vernacular way of the Vgina saying: ''Hi Men"...you are welcome!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Dies After Giving Birth To Her 2nd Set Of Triplets At Traditional Delivery / I May Have Lost My Leg But I Gained Something Better; Lady On Her Birthday. PICS / 3Million Nigerians Living With HIV/AIDS - AHF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.