Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Getting Close Too Fast! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Close Too Fast! (5213 Views)

Help Oo! My Pubic Hair Growing Too Fast & Long (18+) / I'm I Being Too Fast? / Help! My Crush Is Getting Close To My Best Friend! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Close Too Fast! by HRhotness(f): 12:25am On Nov 28, 2008
just got off d phone with a girlfriend who has man issues, why she thinks talkin to me can help i don't knw!

anyways, she met a guy about a month ago and apparently he is taking things too fast. he wants to take the relationship alot further as he already has plans of them moving in together and shit. . . things is my friend wants the same thing but she is worried that they r getting too close too fast and she is worried the fire will fizzle out. she is now pretending she needs time to decide. . . when in actual fact her decison has been made long ago. . . i hav no idea how lond she intends to keep this charade going but my advise to her was she should hop into it with both legs and whatever will be will be.

i see nothin wrong with getting things going quickly, as long as both parties r cool with it. . .  i don't understand the obsession with not wanting to get too close too quickly. . . how does that affect the future of the relationship? if the relationship isnt meant to last, how does dragging out its progression help the case? why oh why do we need to play these games?!!!
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by tope2000(f): 12:28am On Nov 28, 2008
She should go for it
It might work out and it might not
u never can tell undecided
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by Sauron1: 12:32am On Nov 28, 2008
HR.hotness:

i see nothin wrong with getting things going quickly, as long as both parties r cool with it. . .  i don't understand the obsession with not wanting to get too close too quickly. . . how does that affect the future of the relationship? if the relationship isnt meant to last, how does dragging out its progression help the case? why oh why do we need to play these games?!!

Typical Naija babe's mentality. . . . ."Letz take it slow", "We are going too fast", "I need more time to think about it" and reh reh reh.
By the time she stops playing games, the fire woulda died off in the guy and he is ready to move on to other challenges.
Men want to eat when they are hungry. . . . . If there's any sorta delay, the appetite gets messed up.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by whatever90(f): 12:33am On Nov 28, 2008
like moving in and living togeda like man and wife?i dont get it,moving in wt him while they r stills ingle or married?which one
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by arramyjay: 12:33am On Nov 28, 2008
I think she is just scared,She should take time and let the relationship move at her pace and that of the guy.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by CrazyMan(m): 12:34am On Nov 28, 2008
My dear your friend is right by her actions. When a girl starts moving too quickly in a relationship, the guy might get the wrong impress about her and think that she's desperate, and soon he might begin to take advantage of her. So in order to avoid in early crash and heartbreak, its advisable to be at arms lenght until you know his true motives towards you.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by KarmaMod(f): 12:34am On Nov 28, 2008
moving in together. . .

why?  

She should keep in mind if things hit the rocks, who's the one that has to pack out?
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by KarmaMod(f): 12:36am On Nov 28, 2008
crazykid:

So in order to avoid in early crash and heartbreak, its advisable to be at arms lenght until you know his true motives towards you.

I agree.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by chika98: 12:36am On Nov 28, 2008
I would worry too. Moving in together sey wetin happen? Hell no!
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by HRhotness(f): 12:40am On Nov 28, 2008
whatever90:

like moving in and living togeda like man and wife?i don't get it,moving in wt him while they r stills ingle or married?which one

single but under d current economic climate, it makes alot of sense. . . they get to share rent and bills and stuff, save up on fuel costs visiting each other (they lived quiet some distance apart)

shegirl71:

I think she is just scared,She should take time and let the relationship move at her pace and that of the guy.

person that has picked out curtain and cushion colours? . . . that doesnt sound like fear to me.  i think she is kinda waiting on some sort of guarantee of marriage  undecided
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by debosky(m): 12:41am On Nov 28, 2008
KarmaMod:

moving in together. . .

why?  

She should keep in mind if things hit the rocks, who's the one that has to pack out?

The girl of course, no freeloading females allowed!  grin

Women and their games - now if the man was the one doing this, they'll be all over him like a ton of bricks. In cases like these I don't blame men who want to 'chop' quickly. What is the point if the woman is simply stringing you on for an indeterminate period of time?  undecided
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by chika98: 12:41am On Nov 28, 2008
HR.hotness:

single but under d current economic climate, it makes alot of sense. . . they get to share rent and bills and stuff, save up on fuel costs visiting each other (they lived quiet some distance apart)

person that has picked out curtain and cushion colours? . . . that doesnt sound like fear to me.  i think she is kind of waiting on some sort of guarantee of marriage  undecided

She go wait tire.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by HRhotness(f): 12:43am On Nov 28, 2008
just to clearify. . . she wont be moving into his, they will be getting a flat together and co-signing d tenancy. . . if anything goes wrong, they both hav to move
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by whatever90(f): 12:43am On Nov 28, 2008
HR.hotness:

it makes no sense

the man is stupid,d girl will be more stupid if she moves in with him,how can one move in wt a man that u aint married to ehn?when the man use and dump now,we will be seeing another monicaas thread,geeezzz watever happened to the brains on sm womens head undecided sold out to a goat i guess
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by chika98: 12:44am On Nov 28, 2008
HR.hotness:

just to clearify. . . she wont be moving into his, they will be getting a flat together and co-signing d tenancy. . . if anything goes wrong, they both hav to move

Stupid move right there. She better not do it.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by KarmaMod(f): 12:44am On Nov 28, 2008
HR.hotness:

This can only work if she's not hoping for marriage.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by arramyjay: 12:45am On Nov 28, 2008
HR.hotness:

person that has picked out curtain and cushion colours? . . . that doesnt sound like fear to me.  i think she is kind of waiting on some sort of guarantee of marriage  undecided

Hmmm she had better be very careful. cry
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by DavidDylan(m): 12:45am On Nov 28, 2008
another foolish girl going to offer her free services to a smart guy.

Why buy a cow when the milk is free? Duh . . .
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by Sauron1: 12:45am On Nov 28, 2008
whatever90:

it makes no sense

the man is stupid,d girl will be more stupid if she moves in with him,how can one move in wt a man that u aint married to ehn?when the man use and dump now,we will be seeing another monicaas thread,geeezzz watever happened to the brains on sm womens head undecided sold out to a goat i guess

It makes sense, Jenny.

A lot of people are jobless now due to the credit crunch.
People can barely survive alone so it's a great idea taking up a flat together.
I think the dude has shown real signs of commitment. . . . . .It is up for the chic to take the offer or lose out.
Many women would jump at this offer as we speak. . . . . . .Ribs are itching.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by KarmaMod(f): 12:46am On Nov 28, 2008
DavidDylan:

another foolish girl going to offer her free services to a smart guy.

Why buy a cow when the milk is free? Duh . . .

dont know why they do it yet wonder when they're still there 7 years later.  undecided
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by chika98: 12:47am On Nov 28, 2008
~Sauron~:

It makes sense, Jenny.

I think the dude has shown real signs of commitment. . . . . .It is up for the chic to take the offer or lose out.

Listening to ppl like you would ruin a woman's life forever. Credit crunch ke? Broke ni? biko!
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by CrazyMan(m): 12:47am On Nov 28, 2008
@chika 98. It's still out of desperation. Most girls are so desperate to get married that if a guy doesn't watch it, he might fall into their trap. Unfortunately that trap doesn't favour them all the time.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by whatever90(f): 12:48am On Nov 28, 2008
~Sauron~:

It makes sense, Jenny.

maybe it makes sense to u but not to me

I'm not going to say because i have no money then i will jump off my own house to go share rent wt one guy,if d guy does not have d money to take care of himself then to hell

all this weak guys we have,trying to share rent wt just a girlfriend,all in d name of no money,what will happen when/if they ever get married?then they will start sharing their lives

geeezzzz i hate men wt no self respect

KarmaMod:

don't know why they do it yet wonder when they're still there 7 years later.  undecided

dont mind them
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by chika98: 12:50am On Nov 28, 2008
crazykid:

@chika 98. It's still out of desperation. Most girls are so desperate to get married that if a guy doesn't watch it, he might fall into their trap. Unfortunately that trap doesn't favour them all the time.

There comes a time in a woman's life when you have to set boundaries as to what you want and expect from relationships. There is nothing wrong with that. But I sure as hell wont date someone or move in with someone and hope they settle down with me. Mba! Not done.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by Sauron1: 12:52am On Nov 28, 2008
chika98:

Listening to people like you would ruin a woman's life forever. Credit crunch ke? Broke ni? biko!

Cheese n Rice. . . . . . .What is so wrong with moving in with your spouse??

whatever90:

maybe it makes sense to u but not to me

I'm not going to say because i have no money then i will jump off my own house to go share rent wt one guy,if d guy does not have d money to take care of himself then to hell

all this weak guys we have,trying to share rent wt just a girlfriend,all in d name of no money,what will happen when/if they ever get married?then they will start sharing their lives

geeezzzz i hate men wt no self respect

Are u in love with a man for what he is OR in love with the size of his POCKET??
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by KarmaMod(f): 12:53am On Nov 28, 2008
If she has the money, perhaps she should move closer to him. The whole moving in together thing however hardly ever ends well
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by chika98: 12:54am On Nov 28, 2008
~Sauron~:

Last time i checked they aint married yet.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by whatever90(f): 12:54am On Nov 28, 2008
~Sauron~:

Are u in love with a man for what he is OR in love with the size of his POCKET??

I'm inlove wt my self respect,I'm inlove wt my pride,I'm  inlove wt my man,but i am not stupidly and blindly inlove wt a loser

apologies hotness
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by DavidDylan(m): 12:55am On Nov 28, 2008
i had course to talk with a younger friend of mine some yrs ago. She was so head over heels with this guy and they were moving in together bla bla bla. Marriage was on the cards, life was good . . . i shld wish her well . . .

4 yrs later, they separated and the girl had to move out and go find herself another place. The guy had gotten so much used to her he didnt feel he needed to respect her anymore. Quite sad though considering she's a cute and smart chic.  undecided

ur friend shld think twice . . . whether you agree or not women are the ones who feel the brunt of broken relationships the most.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by chika98: 12:57am On Nov 28, 2008
DavidDylan:

i had course to talk with a younger friend of mine some years ago. She was so head over heels with this guy and they were moving in together bla bla bla. Marriage was on the cards, life was good . . . i shld wish her well . . .

4 years later, they separated and the girl had to move out and go find herself another place. The guy had gotten so much used to her he didnt feel he needed to respect her anymore. Quite sad though considering she's a cute and smart chic.  undecided

ur friend shld think twice . . . whether you agree or not women are the ones who feel the brunt of broken relationships the most.

Not always true.
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by KarmaMod(f): 12:57am On Nov 28, 2008
obviously wasnt that smart
Re: Getting Close Too Fast! by SisiJinx: 12:58am On Nov 28, 2008
Isn’t the beauty of a wonderful (dating) relationship based on the fact that you can both retire to your separate quarters at the end of the day?

Why would anyone want to live with a guy when they don’t have to. . . I mean all that togetherness before marriage?  

I say wait until you absolutely, can’t escape it, you have no choice but to live together to. . . You know live together.

@ Topic
Seems to me the guy wants a flatmate to share the bills. Tell her to tell him to put out an ad in the papers. . . I hear it's not expensive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Of The Most Shocking Reasons For Divorce/Breakups Ever. / How To Keep The Lady You Are Dating / Lady Shares Photo Of Herself With Her Friend Taking A Sh*t Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.