Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa (59340 Views)

Extortion At The Nigerian Airports / Nigeria Rated As Second Worst In Electricity Supply / Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by chronique(m): 11:51pm On Nov 24, 2014
France is one of the world's super powers but an airport in France was rated as the worst in Europe,followed by another airport in Moscow(Russia) which happens to be another super power;what does that mean? No one is saying what we have now is the best but considering where we are coming from,we should at least applaud the little efforts made. If those who were in those positions did what the were suppose to do,we wouldn't be at this level. Unfortunately,most of you guys refuse to see things that way. You just want to wake up and see everything in Nigeria,the way it is in America,forgetting that it is a gradual process. The difference between us is that majority of you guys live in fantasy while some of us live in reality.
slightlyMad:
Not even in the world, worst in AFRICA, i.e worst of the worst

on the other thread, a dude was attempting to brand a 1914 repainted train as transformation simply on the grounds that the trains, before GEJ's tenure, were not moving, but now they move. grin

The only reason GEJ's administration via Oduah is renovating airports is just so more cash can make it's way out.
for instance, project worth 250 Million naira, A company proposes say 500 million naira, Oduah ups it to about 1.5 Billion naira
GEJ approves 5Billion naira, each takes his/her share

This is why we will never move forward with the mindset our leaders are working with.

For the record
Johns Hopkins Hospital, one of world's top 5 best hospital costs US$52.6 million when converted to current value
reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johns_Hopkins_Hospital

$12 Billion is missing and mama ngozi is not even worried
$12 billion will build 228 units of Johns Hopkins Hospital when you do the maths

Shameless cretins travel abroad for checkups.
imagine Obama travelling to Nigeria for medical checkup

cc: PhockPhockMan, chronique, Justcash, BackDatAssUp, elohorayodele, cramjones

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
tunnex190:
That MMIA is worsen. The heat there is one hell. I have been in this airport for days and everything I experienced there was hell. Almost everything is costly, stink toilet. Nothing to sit.
The new international terminal will, hopefully, replace the current one.
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by duni04(m): 12:01am On Nov 25, 2014
chronique:
France is one of the world's super powers but an airport in France was rated as the worst in Europe,followed by another airport in Moscow(Russia) which happens to be another super power;what does that mean? No one is saying what we have now is the best but considering where we are coming from,we should at least applaud the little efforts made. If those who were in those positions did what the were suppose to do,we wouldn't be at this level. Unfortunately,most of you guys refuse to see things that way. You just want to wake up and see everything in Nigeria,the way it is in America,forgetting that it is a gradual process. The difference between us is that majority of you guys live in fantasy while some of us live in reality.
TANites are just incredible! grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Akmarshal(m): 12:02am On Nov 25, 2014
paulo007:

Source: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/lead-story/187758-nigerian-airports-among-the-worst-in-africa-faan-differs

Stella Oduah project in view!
who re we deceiving?

which way Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 25, 2014
chronique:
hey Mr , before you come seeking pity ... those bad european airports are far better than your so called airports in Nigeria. do you know how big russia is and how many airports they got ? how many airports have we in Nigeria that 3 made it to the worst list. your president should not call those projects transformation when he knows they cannot match to standard. forget that fantasy and reality talk . who is living in fantasy when the millions that ought to be used for development is being used to buy bullet proof cars ... oga , you will wait tire to get there . rome was not built in a day , but it was not built with incompetent and clueless brains. this rome talk is what is used to cover up incompetence in nigeria.no one is comparing america to nigeria . our airports can be world class , we dont have to wait for hundred of years . was kenya ahead or behind us years ago ? how many of their airport is on that list ? you better wake up to the reality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by oluwasegun007(m): 12:21am On Nov 25, 2014
Abeg no allow oga jona & his aide see dis write-up ooooo.....our AIR'POT' is our pride

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by 14(m): 12:29am On Nov 25, 2014
all4naija:
Smh... I was expecting that news after seeing the mediocre airports renovation across the country. It is a shame to our big nature to be operating non-standardized airports. It is a let-down on our side. I cannot imagine the flood in one of the newly refurbished airports in this forum. We must learn to take quality serious or else we are going to remain backward with our praise of mediocrity.

I thought the Giant of Africa was having all the best airports in AFRICA. It seems Nigeria is not exactly The giant as it is believed by morronns like you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by chronique(m): 12:31am On Nov 25, 2014
I'd say this to you and every other person who always see faults with the present govt,and never sees anything good being done. You are at liberty to believe what you believe;no one will force you to have a different opinion. I choose to believe what I believe,you can't force your opinion on me. However,there are 2 facts you can't dispute: if you look at things wholistically,you'd agree that Nigeria is better than it was 10 years back,and would still be better than it is today,tomorrow.
majekdom2:
hey Mr , before you come seeking pity ... those bad european airports are far better than your so called airports in Nigeria. do you know how big russia is and how many airports they got ? how many airports have we in Nigeria that 3 made it to the worst list. your president should not call those projects transformation when he knows they cannot match to standard. forget that fantasy and reality talk . who is living in fantasy when the millions that ought to be used for development is being used to buy bullet proof cars ... oga , you will wait tire to get there . rome was not built in a day , but it was not built with incompetent and clueless brains. this rome talk is what is used to cover up incompetence in nigeria.no one is comparing america to nigeria . our airports can be world class , we dont have to wait for hundred of years . was kenya ahead or behind us years ago ? how many of their airport is on that list ? you better wake up to the reality.
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by sevule(m): 12:45am On Nov 25, 2014
chronique:
I'd say this to you and every other person who always see faults with the present govt,and never sees anything good being done. You are at liberty to believe what you believe;no one will force you to have a different opinion. I choose to believe what I believe,you can't force your opinion on me. However,there are 2 facts you can't dispute: if you look at things wholistically,you'd agree that Nigeria is better than it was 10 years back,and would still be better than it is today,tomorrow.

Please which igbo have you been smoking lately? How can anybody in his right senses possibly say that Nigeria of today is better than Nigeria of 2004. In 2004 the dollar exchanged for =N-127 and in 2014 it exchanged for =N=172. Or do you want to look at the rate of unemployment? What about the standard of living? I could go on and on but I won't even bother.

It never ceases to amaze me when deluded Nigerians seek to absolve this present corrupt government of blame. You people are suffering and smiling and yet you are ready to sell your souls for a few naira note that the government would give you in order to vote them in.

You can continue keeping your head in the sand. Dude wake up and call your government to order!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by tnktosin(m): 12:58am On Nov 25, 2014
omenka:
God Bless Princess Stealer Udula!!! This is the handiwork of APC!! Which other airports in Africa can boast a fleet of sophisticated bullet proof vehicles for VIPs?? Absolutely none!!!

This rating is totally nonesensical!!
Your head dey der. I was just telling my guys last week that we have the worst airport in the world.
BTW I didn't school in France, I only travel America frequently grin
The few airports I've been to choi, CVG, ATL, Houston, Dubai, Maldives and MMIA grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by tnktosin(m): 1:01am On Nov 25, 2014
free2ryhme:

Are u happy now

You think d truth can hide forever all u do is blame APC and yet u support a party that had mortgage ur future for selfish aimlessness.

You disgust me
Bros read the poster you quoted again grin grin grin grin grin sarcasm at its best bro grin
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by milkytea(f): 1:12am On Nov 25, 2014
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by EmekaBlue(m): 1:19am On Nov 25, 2014
countries lyk ethiopia put all their natural resources to renovate airport coz na their tourist centre b d@...lol
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Kebize: 1:25am On Nov 25, 2014
sleepi naija ojo
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 1:28am On Nov 25, 2014
Just passed through MMA recently and here's my honest review:

Departure:
1. On departure, I didn't really notice anything bad at the ticketing counter, maybe cause I was in a rush, but it was a pretty straightforward process.

2. We could definitely use a more robust duty free section, with attractive looking shops to excite passengers into wanting to take tours before their fights and possibly dole out some money.

3. Sadly, I couldn't make it to the plane without being asked for money. I thought I was in the clear after passing through ticketing and screening, only to be asked for stuff by the guy searching us right before the entrance to the plane. It still shocks me anytime I here any staff in our airport say stuff like "anything for your boy sir?"

Arrival:
1. Arrival really was quite depressing, as the first hallway we walked through had broken roofs and a very haphazard layout of waiting chairs. I just kept thinking to myself that the management in charge must not care at all, after seeing the way the chairs were just scattered carelessly. If you think about posh hotels/airports or any other cool place in general, you'll probably notice that they pay special attention to arrangement of items/decor to give the place a clean/modern/posh look.

2. Immigration wasn't bad and we made our way through swiftly.

3. I had to go pee and on getting to the toilet, as always (in the case of MMA), I was disappointed. The floors were wet and a bit muddy and it just seemed like the cleaner was only making it worse my using a wet mop instead of a damp mop. When it came time to wash my hands, I poured liquid wash in my hands then opened the tap, but no water came out. So I had to walk out with my soapy hands to ask one of the cleaners for water and was directed to another toilet with water flowing. Overall the toilet just looked really dingy and quite disgusting.

4. On getting outside, of course you had the thugs that can't be moved. All kinds of people lurking about, confidently asking you for your dollar so they can help you change it.

5. Finally on getting out of the airport, you are greeted with a very mediocre road, which is the first road some foreigners might take on getting to Nigeria; The Giant of Africa.

We really have a lot to improve on.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 25, 2014
Atimes I wonder if South Africa is an African country...them no even send other African Countries...them just they do their own thing dey go while 9ja dey look like mumu

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Bifwoli: 1:40am On Nov 25, 2014
Notice that the best rated airports are all in south,north and east of Africa while west-central Africa airports take the bulk of most dubious honours? Bantus are doing alright I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by rman: 3:03am On Nov 25, 2014
chronique:

You are the one dwelling in mediocrity.

You guys defending everything government does on this forum must think we are fools.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by chamboy(m): 3:12am On Nov 25, 2014
What is TAN? I stay in brisbane, Australia. Neva heard of that word

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Ositawap: 3:23am On Nov 25, 2014
garlicrey:
what is an airport what is an airport
Ma agric teacher told ma an airport is a place were you store your yam..modernised yam barn...I hope it helped
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Ositawap: 3:25am On Nov 25, 2014
We disagree..this was riggd..PDP at work..we are supposed to b the NO 1 worst airport in the world..and you gave us 10th abd 6th..God is watching you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Homguy(m): 3:58am On Nov 25, 2014
omenka:
God Bless Princess Stealer Udula!!! This is the handiwork of APC!! Which other airports in Africa can boast a fleet of sophisticated bullet proof vehicles for VIPs?? Absolutely none!!!

This rating is totally nonesensical!!
lmao. On point.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by hansad: 4:00am On Nov 25, 2014
How many of these APC-SHITS insulting people here pay taxes? In those countries with better airport and other infrastructures, citizens pay taxes. In Naija, only Oyel money is expected to build infrastructures. Worse, Oyel money is also being used to fight terrorism which these APC-SHITS are politically porofiting from. The huge amount of money Naija has been using to fight terrorism could have been deployed to improve Naija's infrastructures.
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Homguy(m): 4:12am On Nov 25, 2014
chronique:
you were probably paid to post this, so no need arguing with you. How can you say Nigeria in 2014 is better than Nigeria 2004, you Want to educate us with any landmark achievement of this govt? Cause ordinary FOI bill cannot be invoked to get any useful information about the govt, not to mention more pertinent issues like security,economic stability, improvement in standard of living, etc. With the new austerity measures by the Federal govt expect life to become harder for the common man.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by moonraker(m): 4:14am On Nov 25, 2014
And this is giant of africa ooo, chooi cheesy angry

How can people not have conscience? This is your fatherland for christsake. You see something that isnt working fine, why not fix it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by nijanigga: 4:39am On Nov 25, 2014
Gej's e-cockroaches and bottom lickers where are you?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Imoy(m): 5:21am On Nov 25, 2014
All this one na APC propaganda.

Gej till 2019
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by ijescorner: 5:24am On Nov 25, 2014
LOS will continue to rank bottom of the pile when normal activities gives you headache.

http://ijescorner.tumblr.com/post/103517673483/airport-wahala
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 25, 2014
We are not best in anything, name me one thing we are best in.
We have allowed corruption to deal with us.
swagwu:
OK...we must not be best in every thing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Pictures That Show That Nothing Last Forever / Massive Python Killed By Man In Edo While Bulldozing A Forest (Photos) / Big Python Swallows Goats In Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.