Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa (59413 Views)

Extortion At The Nigerian Airports / Nigeria Rated As Second Worst In Electricity Supply / Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by MrEverest(m): 10:28am On Nov 25, 2014
The worst thing that would happen to Nigeria is for APC to win the election in 2015. I have watched with dismay how this people celebrate any seemingly negative news about Nigeria, be it security, economy etc. They play politics with so much hatred, bitterness & desperation. This is not the way opposition politics of patriotic leftist should be.I'm sorry to say this, but this people are plain evil & are only desperate for power at the centre. Any honest Nigerian & non Nigerian alike who used our airports few years back & now knows their has been a huge improvement, time was when we used to be at the base of any ranking. The truth is that Nigeria is gradually becoming great again after years of the locust. Any discerning & patriotic Nigerian knows that Jonathan is trying despite the great conspiracy & unmitigated blackmail against his government.
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by MrEverest(m): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2014
majekdom2:
not forcing any opinion on you , I hate to see trash and that was why I mentioned you. I cant see anything better bro , thats the truth . infact it has grown worst , we have seen lawmakers throw punches in th house of assembly , now it has grown to jumping of gates. well to you it may be better , perhaps , its the kind of development you envisage for yourself.
Its either you have a short memory or you are being dishonest, the senate has always been an arms zone since B4 GEJ. There was a time they fought before school children, in which the now "messianic" Dino Melaye turned into a pugilist & threw blows with reckless abandon, many of the "honourable" men were even injured & one from the north even died as a result.
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Lumyboi(m): 10:49am On Nov 25, 2014
MrEverest:
The worst thing that would happen to Nigeria is for APC to win the election in 2015. I have watched with dismay how this people celebrate any seemingly negative news about Nigeria, be it security, economy etc. They play politics with so much hatred, bitterness & desperation. This is not the way opposition politics of patriotic leftist should be.I'm sorry to say this, but this people are plain evil & are only desperate for power at the centre. Any honest Nigerian & non Nigerian alike who used our airports few years back & now knows their has been a huge improvement, time was when we used to be at the base of any ranking. The truth is that Nigeria is gradually becoming great again after years of the locust. Any discerning & patriotic Nigerian knows that Jonathan is trying despite the great conspiracy & unmitigated blackmail against his government.

I guess we all have different ways of assessment. But I will like u to point out to one good thing that is worth celebrating since u claim opposition is fast at celebrating criticism of dis govt.
Also no amount of blackmail can deter a srz leader if e really wants to work. All I see in this govt is corruption, more corruption and blaming games.
No insults pls. Jst my opinion

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 25, 2014
chronique:
I'm not biased. I support even the president taking a cut and I believe some of the overheads being incurred should be cut across board(executive and legislative). We're both in agreement as far as that issue is concerned. I was only making reference to that to butress my arguement that most of the things we complain about,are things that the present govt inherited and it takes a very high level of selflessness from those in power today,to reverse them. Someone would say Obj did better in his era but the wasteful structure of spending a large chunk of our national budget on recurrent expenditures as we have it today,that is biting us hard,was erected under him.

Dude,I have to get dressed for business for the day. I started my personal businesses under Obj's govt but have done better under GEJ's govt. My earning power under GEJ's govt is obviously better than it was in 2006 under OBJ. One thing I know for sure is that from the policies I see this administration trying to put it place and execute,I can tell that they mean well.

To close my argument with you,I'd say this: with the enormous opportunities available to Nigeria and the resources we have,we deserve better than what we have now. But I'm a believer that things would only get better because I can see this administration putting in place policies to enable that happen. The small and medium scale enterprises in Nigeria,is growing very well today and if any nation would be successful,the SME sector of such a nation,has to be vibrant and strong. It is these SMEs that develop into large corporations and on that front,we are currently doing well. If only previous administrations had worked this hard,we wouldn't be having this convo. As I speak,agriculture is currently booming and I'm also thinking of investing in it next year so as to increase my streams of income. 10 yrs ago,you wwouldnt have been able to get me to listen to you about farming and agricultural business.

At the end of the day,Nigeria would be great. Ciao!
you still missing it , do you think your earning power should be where it is now . If yes , good for you . For majority No. We have been so blinded to see the little we get as achievements , that's the trick of an incompetent govt. Businesses have been thriving even from the period of Abacha , but should it be at the pace it is ,of course you will agree No. The debate should not be what the other govt did to the airports , but what the present got did to them with the resources thy claimed in doing it.
Now, if you renovate your house and want to use it as a collateral ,you claim you used a hundred million and when evaluation was done it was just about ten million . Can you get a loan worth hundred million with that house ? What's the transformation in airports when the project is not a reflection of the claimed used resources. And you still get it wrong , another govt will come and claim they want to revamp in few years to come ...same shit.... What kind of cycle is that. If it is made standard , do you think it will call for renovation soonest . Agriculture had always been in existence ... Obj and other notable dudes have been in the agric business. The govt talks agric like 70 percent of those involved just started it 4 years ago. If any nation would be successful , transparency and accountability will be the first interest of the nation. Not claim stealing is not corruption. If any nation would be successful , the people who make up the nation would improve on the quality of their reasoning , learn to do things the right way and be ready to fight for what is right without sentiments

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 25, 2014
MrEverest:
Its either you have a short memory or you are being dishonest, the senate has always been an arms zone since B4 GEJ. There was a time they fought before school children, in which the now "messianic" Dino Melaye turned into a pugilist & threw blows with reckless abandon, many of the "honourable" men were even injured & one from the north even died as a result.
the problem with majority of pro GEJ is comprehension. I never said lawmakers started throwing punches during GEJ . Re read my post again . I said where is the development when lawyers advanced from punching to jumping fence.
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by TjGorlor(m): 11:44am On Nov 25, 2014
We know.
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by swagwu(m): 11:52am On Nov 25, 2014
Nobleval:
Shame on you. sad
shame on ur father....fool!
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
swagwu:

shame on ur father....fool!
whatever.
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Lakeshizu(m): 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
PaulJohn1:
I thought that bulletproof car lover lady renovated our airports. undecided

I guess we've been scammed...
lmao....
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
14:

I thought the Giant of Africa was having all the best airports in AFRICA. It seems Nigeria is not exactly The giant as it is believed by morronns like you
Oh, shut it! When we are talking about standardization of our airports we mean compare to the best in the world not Township kinds of airports found in South Africa. Bwahaha... Do you know what I mean? grin grin grin

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa.
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by MduZA: 12:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
all4naija:
Oh, shut it! When we are talking about standardization of our airports we mean compare to the best in the world not Township kinds of airports found in South Africa. Bwahaha... Do you know what I mean? grin grin grin

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa.

embarrassing
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2014
Not Hating or anything - What you guys need to do is burn your airports!!!! Kenya doesn't have any airport ranked in either among the best or the worst in that list. If anyone can recall the fire that gutted part of the JKIA airport in Nairobi that forced the government to create a temporary tent and use a parking garage as an international arrival terminal- that was probably the lowest the airport service has ever gone, Arriving in a country in a plane where the arrival terminal is a tent!! But Looking back now, it was probably the best thing that happened to that airport, delayed mordarnization projects were forced to be fast tracked and as of June this year, The 1st quater of the terminal complete and is completely amazing. After the terminal will be complete, and the new green terminal built from scratch which will be completed in 2018, Not even South Africa will come close.
If you allow me, Am posting pics of the JKIA when on fire in 2013, the new terminal 1A, and the under-construction Greenfield Terminal

JKIA international Arrival Terminal on fire in August 2013

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
The new terminal 1A- july 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6eqC-JAQoM

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by okiezman(m): 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
majekdom2:
read thru what you just posted again ... transformation will be after 2015 and you and your likes keep supporting this shit called government .that tells lies everywhere they GO. person wey do you this thing wicked pass satan.

Ok noticed...you can now talk...
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
New Lounges to be used exclusively by passengers traveling with Kenya airways and Sky-Team priority partners rivals worlds best.

Ofcourse there are more photos but, can't bore you with all of them..

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
denisfidha:
New Lounges to be used exclusively by passengers traveling with Kenya airways and Sky-Team priority partners rivals worlds best.

no you are not, show these cave mediocres what development is .... This is between 13months I guess. Kenya is fast moving . They will produce their first oil by 2017 or 2018 . Investors are rushing there , even our dear dangote and Cbn governor have investments there , yet we claim to have high FDI with no proofs.# jokers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
The JKIA greenfield Terminal or Terminal 3 which will have its own runway(s), dedicated Railway, highway will be able to handle 20 million Passengers annually compared to 6 million passengers that the current JKIA airport can handle. It will have one of the biggest open ground spaces (for passernger traffic) an airport can have Construction already begun this year..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHY0C1I3e2g

All these projects have been fast tracked to be completed before schedule only after the fire that burnt the airport.... If it wasn't for the fire, all this will probably still be just talk and dreams which were never going to come to reality

Artistic impression of terminal 3

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by mrmetoo1: 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
denisfidha:

You're not boring us at all, I think we need more of these to show what can be done when leaders get serious. This started in 2013, this is for all those that talk crap about it can't be done overnight. Then it'll also help us to know how much has been spent.

When you say burn our airports, I think you still give us a lot of credit. I think you think our problem is inaction, not its not. Our problem is corruption, dishonesty, greed. A lot has been put into these airports that have been ranked among the worst in Africa. A lot of money has been poured into it and yet we can't boast of good toilet. The pro-presidency group however tout the development of the airports as one of his main achievements

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
mrmetoo1:

You're not boring us at all, I think we need more of these to show what can be done when leaders get serious. This started in 2013, this is for all those that talk crap about it can't be done overnight. Then it'll also help us to know how much has been spent.

When you say burn our airports, I think you still give us a lot of credit. I think you think our problem is inaction, not its not. Our problem is corruption, dishonesty, greed. A lot has been put into these airports that have been ranked among the worst in Africa. A lot of money has been poured into it and yet we can't boast of good toilet. The pro-presidency group however tout the development of the airports as one of his main achievements
the annoying part is our leaders are well travelled , they have been to these airports , they know the difference, even if their blind supporters have not left their villages before , these politicians know what it is in other developing countries. Isn't it obvious wickedness.MMIA has had fire incidents different times, I guess the perpetrators just wanted to bring this awareness , still nothing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2014
Since you guys don't mind.... there are two new lounges, One called Simaba Lounge and another Pride launge - they have smoking areas, sleeping areas that are sound proof, baby changing and playing area, cafes, and ofcoase free high speed Wifi is availabe throughout with some places having power sockets

Simba lounge and Pride lounge

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
some cafe offer self service buffet for a price of-course

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
outside the new terminal --- thats almost all the sample pics(well, until terminal 3 is completed)

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nelson2014(m): 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2014
garlicrey:
what is an airport what is an airport
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by hansad: 2:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
:
PLS STOP THIS TRASH YOU GUYS TALK ALL THE TIME , WHO DONT PAY TAX ? YOU GUYS JUST BRING ILL EXCUSES .WHAT TERRORISM IS BEING FOUGHT , MUST YOU GUYS SUPPORT INJUSTICE AND LIES AT ALL TIMES . NAWA O.
Injustice?

Billions of Naira Oyel money which should have gone to develop social infrastructure in Nigeria has been spent fighting BH. Who is doing injustice to the other?

Boko Haram is fighting to make Nigeria a country administered with sharia criminal codes like cutting of hands of thieves and stoning women for adultery.

Before Boko Haram appeared, 12 northern state governors and their people adopted the use of that same sharia criminal codes.
So who is doing injustice to the other?

You and your group blame BH insurgency on GEJ. Who is unjust, your group or GEJ?

Because GEJ army has not defeated BH, which you know has too many people that support its sharia objective, you capitalize on BH insurgency to blackmail Nigerians to vote your Islamic APC into Aso Rock. Are you people not the most unjust in the world?
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by hansad: 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2014
denisfidha:

Of course there are more photos but, can't bore you with all of them..

Most of the countries you show photos of their glittering airports practice Regional govt system with Fiscal federalism. The regions build and maintain their regional airports.

But here, some Nigerians clutch tightly to unitary govt system where Abuja has to collect revenues (mainly oyel money only) to build and maintain infrastructure all over Nigeria, then share the rest to states. Did Washington DC, US seat of power, build and maintain JFK airport and other beautiful airports in the US?

Hands off unitary govt in Nigeria, embrace regional govts, let the regions build their airports and other facilities to their taste, internal competition to build the best shall then follow.

But you guys will never allow regionalism and fiscal federalism, because of huge taste for Oyel money, instead, brainwash some gullible Nigerians to get apex political power using ever tactic in the book.
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Lumyboi(m): 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
denisfidha:

Thanks for d pics though lipsrsealed. Hmmm is al I can say

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by mrmetoo1: 3:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
hansad:

Injustice?

Billions of Naira Oyel money which should have gone to develop social infrastructure in Nigeria has been spent fighting BH. Who is doing injustice to the other?

Boko Haram is fighting to make Nigeria a country administered with sharia criminal codes like cutting of hands of thieves and stoning women for adultery.

Before Boko Haram appeared, 12 northern state governors and their people adopted the use of that same sharia criminal codes.

You and your group blame BH insurgency on GEJ. Who is unjust, your group or GEJ?

Because GEJ army has not defeated BH, which you know has too many people that support its sharia objective, you capitalize on BH insurgency to blackmail Nigerians to vote your Islamic APC into Aso Rock. Are you people not the most unjust in the world?

Ok so why do they keep saying it's part of their achievements. What I understand you saying is, money that was supposed to be used for the airports has been used on BH meaning the reports we keep hearing about actually fixing the airports are false. Didn't know this.

So who's the liar here, the numerous supporters who shout about these developments that were apparently never done due to the fighting of Boko Haram or the presidency that has claimed over and over again to have rehabilitated the airports.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by theM16: 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
hansad:

Injustice?

So good some people here are still sane, because with people like you..honestly nigeria has a grave prognosis. You are so fanatic its affecting your sense of reasoning. So BH is why our airports are still ugly despite huge amount of money they claimed to have spent. So they spent all funds on BH there is no more for other things...except buying bulletproof cars, organizing stupid and senseless celebrations and awards for oct 1st. You better use your brain for what its meant for. See pictures of kenya's airport! Shame

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
hansad:

Injustice?

am sorry , but how old are you ? If you are above 20 . You are very unintelligent. A government as you said has been using billions to fight boko haram for about 5 years without victory and you still want to vote him. What's GEJ army ?
Re: Nigerian Airports Rated Among The Worst In Africa by kaboninc(m): 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
mrmetoo1:

Ok so why do they keep saying it's part of their achievements. What I understand you saying is, money that was supposed to be used for the airports has been used on BH meaning the reports we keep hearing about actually fixing the airports are false. Didn't know this.

So who's the liar here, the numerous supporters who shout about these developments that were apparently never done due to the fighting of Boko Haram or the presidency that has claimed over and over again to have rehabilitated the airports.

I followed you for a reason. But honestly, you're disappointing me.

Can't you be objective in your argument for once? Must you stick to what you think you know? Or must you always believe everything you hear especially about GEJ from the opposition?

Haba bro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Pictures That Show That Nothing Last Forever / Massive Python Killed By Man In Edo While Bulldozing A Forest (Photos) / Big Python Swallows Goats In Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.